sanhuiofficial.com

Sanhui 145, Heads #1 & #2 w/ movable eyes Comparison

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Sanhui 145, Heads #1 & #2 w/ movable eyes Comparison

Post by Metricnut »

Both heads were purchased and received new, directly from Sanhui in February 2018
The heads are made for the Sanhui 145 body. I am pretty sure the heads do not fit any other Sanhui body size.
Both the heads below are textured skin in pail white skin tone (to match my 145 body)
The heads were both ordered with the movable eyes. The eyes in the photos are factory stock (unmodified)

Some general size differences are apparent right away so I did some basic measurements.

Head #1 dimensions on the left, Head #2 dimensions on the right. Measured in centimeters
In the photos, head #1 is on the left and head #2 is on the right.

48 , 48 : Head circumference above the eyebrow and around the skull.
8 , 9 : Both eyes together, overall width, measured to the outer most point of the eye openings.
3.5 , 4.0 : Mouth width
2.5 , 3.2 : Eye ball diameter

You can see in the first picture the dramatic difference 7 mm makes for the eye ball diameter.
1 & 2 Apart.JPG
1 & 2 Apart.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 4465 times
The Eye Capsule assembly for the 25 mm eyes disassemble easy with your thumb nail. The 32 mm Eye Capsules seem to be a glued assembly. And the white of the 25 mm eyes is brighter.
Capsules.JPG
Capsules.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 4465 times
After reassembly, The # 1 eyes are easy to adjust to a good position, just press the eye ball into the capsule a little and pivot it to position and release. The # 2 head on the other hand was difficult to position the eyes to look natural. The eye ball itself moves just like the # 1 eyes. The eyes are spring loaded from behind. So the eye capsule itself is working great in the # 2 head. The problem seems to be the cavity that the Eye Capsule fits into is too roomy and the capsule can ( and does ) get pushed to far back in the head. And it also wants to shift up towards the eyebrows and out towards the ears.
1 & 2 Together.JPG
1 & 2 Together.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 4465 times
1 & 2 Angled.JPG
1 & 2 Angled.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 4465 times
I have a WM 145 TPE doll as well. It is also a new model as of this January. The Sanhui is superior in so many ways to the WM doll, but the eye lid thickness right at the point where the eye lid ends and the eye ball sits behind it is nice and thin on the WM head. The eye lids on the Sanhui heads are thick in comparison, making the eye appear to sit back too far in the eye socket. The WM eye lid thickness just seems more to scale of an actual human eye lid.

I was too lazy to take a picture of the WM eye lids. But check out the Sanhui eye lids below. The #1 heads eye lids are probably twice the thickness of my WM #85 head. And the #2 eye lids are even thicker than the # 1 Sanhui head. And the # 2 eye lid thickness gets exaggerated by the fact that the cavity that the eye capsule fits into is lose and the eye gets pushed a little further back than it should be, leaving gaps.
1 Angled.JPG
1 Angled.JPG (1.59 MiB) Viewed 4465 times
2 Angled.JPG
2 Angled.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 4465 times
The # 1 heads eyes are better than the # 2 head for sure. Mostly because I will never be able to get the eyes to look natural with the really thick eye lids of the #2 head. I do believe I will be able to improve the # 2 heads eyes by shimming the bottom of the eye capsule so it does not sit too far back in the eye cavity, I will also need to add a little cotton or something to fill the void on the outsides of the eye cavities and try to keep the eye capsules from wandering towards the ears and looking unnatural.

Overall the #1 head wins hands down simply because of the crazy eyes look of the # 2 head. I still like the face of the #2 head, the eye spacing seems a little more natural compared to the # 1 face. The # 1 eyes are just a little too close together and a little small. And I like the fuller lips as well of the # 2 head, so I plan to keep it, but it will need some custom fitting of the eye capsules.

Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

Wight
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Sanhui 145, Heads #1 & #2 w/ movable eyes Comparison

Post by Wight »

Hi,
expert metric nutjob! Love when somebody gets that deep.

You could try the smaller no.1 eyes on the no.2 head with some cotton on the base. Just to see if it was the bigger eyeball that is pushing eyelids out.

Attached photo shows old Sanhui eye with slendered up and underneath form. You could also grind some of the round eyeball off. Get a feel of the empty eye socket shape inside the lids to know where the ball shape should or not be altered (may be risque for movability).
Attachments
20180322_113152.jpg
20180322_113152.jpg (371.98 KiB) Viewed 4424 times
Ginevra's thread!
viewtopic.php?t=94375

Sanhui Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Sanhui Doll »

Metricnut wrote:Both heads were purchased and received new, directly from Sanhui in February 2018
The heads are made for the Sanhui 145 body. I am pretty sure the heads do not fit any other Sanhui body size.
Both the heads below are textured skin in pail white skin tone (to match my 145 body)
The heads were both ordered with the movable eyes. The eyes in the photos are factory stock (unmodified)

Some general size differences are apparent right away so I did some basic measurements.

Head #1 dimensions on the left, Head #2 dimensions on the right. Measured in centimeters
In the photos, head #1 is on the left and head #2 is on the right.

48 , 48 : Head circumference above the eyebrow and around the skull.
8 , 9 : Both eyes together, overall width, measured to the outer most point of the eye openings.
35 , 40 : Mouth width
2.5 , 3.2 : Eye ball diameter

You can see in the first picture the dramatic difference 7 mm makes for the eye ball diameter.
1 & 2 Apart.JPG
The Eye Capsule assembly for the 25 mm eyes disassemble easy with your thumb nail. The 32 mm Eye Capsules seem to be a glued assembly. And the white of the 25 mm eyes is brighter.
Capsules.JPG
After reassembly, The # 1 eyes are easy to adjust to a good position, just press the eye ball into the capsule a little and pivot it to position and release. The # 2 head on the other hand was difficult to position the eyes to look natural. The eye ball itself moves just like the # 1 eyes. The eyes are spring loaded from behind. So the eye capsule itself is working great in the # 2 head. The problem seems to be the cavity that the Eye Capsule fits into is too roomy and the capsule can ( and does ) get pushed to far back in the head. And it also wants to shift up towards the eyebrows and out towards the ears.
1 & 2 Together.JPG
1 & 2 Angled.JPG
I have a WM 145 TPE doll as well. It is also a new model as of this January. The Sanhui is superior in so many ways to the WM doll, but the eye lid thickness right at the point where the eye lid ends and the eye ball sits behind it is nice and thin on the WM head. The eye lids on the Sanhui heads are thick in comparison, making the eye appear to sit back too far in the eye socket. The WM eye lid thickness just seems more to scale of an actual human eye lid.

I was too lazy to take a picture of the WM eye lids. But check out the Sanhui eye lids below. The #1 heads eye lids are probably twice the thickness of my WM #85 head. And the #2 eye lids are even thicker than the # 1 Sanhui head. And the # 2 eye lid thickness gets exaggerated by the fact that the cavity that the eye capsule fits into is lose and the eye gets pushed a little further back than it should be, leaving gaps.
1 Angled.JPG
2 Angled.JPG
The # 1 heads eyes are better than the # 2 head for sure. Mostly because I will never be able to get the eyes to look natural with the really thick eye lids of the #2 head. I do believe I will be able to improve the # 2 heads eyes by shimming the bottom of the eye capsule so it does not sit too far back in the eye cavity, I will also need to add a little cotton or something to fill the void on the outsides of the eye cavities and try to keep the eye capsules from wandering towards the ears and looking unnatural.

Overall the #1 head wins hands down simply because of the crazy eyes look of the # 2 head. I still like the face of the #2 head, the eye spacing seems a little more natural compared to the # 1 face. The # 1 eyes are just a little too close together and a little small. And I like the fuller lips as well of the # 2 head, so I plan to keep it, but it will need some custom fitting of the eye capsules.

Metricnut

Hi Metricnut,

Really impressive! Looking forward to conversions with you via the email for your purchase concerning TDF membership discounts and your expert views on the metrics for the eyes to improve and/or enhance~ We also notice Sapphire eyes of Head#2 may look a bit too large~

All the best,
Coco&KK
Official Website: https://sanhuidolls.com/
Email: admin@sanhuidolls.com (admin&support) & info@sanhuidolls.com & sanhuidollschina@yahoo.com (order & pay)

Liz_xxx

Post by Liz_xxx »

Agree, the 32mm eyes are so large hardly any white is visible

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Comparison Continued:

I added a little cotton behind the eye capsules of head #2 to remedy the sunken eyes effect I was getting from the "roomy" eye socket of the head.

I put some basic makeup on both heads, trying to keep the makeup style the same. Both heads have the same wig in the below photos.

You can see that even with the large iris of head #2 she can still look beautiful.

I tried to take photos with the eyes "moved" off center but couldn't get a picture that looked natural. I will have to practice the eyes in different positions to see if I can improve my skills in that area.
Head #1 Protrait 1.JPG
Head #1 Protrait 1.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 4288 times
Head #1 Portrait 2.JPG
Head #1 Portrait 2.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 4288 times
Head #2 Portrait 1.JPG
Head #2 Portrait 1.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 4288 times
Head #2 Portrait 2.JPG
Head #2 Portrait 2.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 4288 times
Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Head #1 Portrait 3.JPG
Head #1 Portrait 3.JPG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 4287 times
Head #2 Portrait 3.JPG
Head #2 Portrait 3.JPG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 4287 times

Wight
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wight »

Interesting photos! The new textured faces (both beautiful!) look slightly different from the old 145 faces 1 and 2 that are on the SH webpage.
You do good makeup. I really like the maroon shirt too.
Ginevra's thread!
viewtopic.php?t=94375

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Very useful info, Metricnut. I wonder how this is with head #3. I think #3 is not as popular, maybe because the older official pic is not as flattering, but the pics with the new eyes look much better. If somebody has it and could share, that would be helpful.

Also, props to Sanhui for taking constructive criticism. Their approach of open engagement with customers/TDF and focus on improvement is serving them well, deservedly so.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Metricnut, I noticed you got some alternate fiery eyes for Alicia. Would you mind sharing where you got them from?

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Jimbofod wrote:Metricnut, I noticed you got some alternate fiery eyes for Alicia. Would you mind sharing where you got them from?
See the link below Jimbofod, The Masterpiece Eyes fit in the socket of the #1 Head but not the #2 Head I have. And the Masterpiece eyes are not adjustable after they are in place. The Masterpiece eyes took a little fuzzing around to get into the eye capsule just right too.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=97611

Metricnut

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Liz_xxx wrote:Agree, the 32mm eyes are so large hardly any white is visible
I think it is not really a prob as many are fan of big eyes manga style and this touch it while staying reallistic, i found it very good !

Also i think an option with no white could really be good for anthros :mrgreen:

For example golden eyes with no white can roxx it for better drow style ;)

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

zaxdoll wrote:
Liz_xxx wrote:Agree, the 32mm eyes are so large hardly any white is visible
I think it is not really a prob as many are fan of big eyes manga style and this touch it while staying reallistic, i found it very good !

Also i think an option with no white could really be good for anthros :mrgreen:

For example golden eyes with no white can roxx it for better drow style ;)
Given the capability to remove the eye assembly with relative ease, here with the 145 and also with Elfie head, at least, it seems to me that any drawbacks of stock eyes you find can be remedied by simply ordering or making a custom set of the correct size. Maybe the site MetricNut gave the link to has what you are looking for? I wonder how removable eyes are in the larger heads. When Sanhui first came out with the movable eyes, they mentioned that they were not meant to be removable, but that they were working on removable solution. I wonder if this was done on purpose and quietly rolled out like many other improvements.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Metricnut wrote:
Jimbofod wrote:Metricnut, I noticed you got some alternate fiery eyes for Alicia. Would you mind sharing where you got them from?
See the link below Jimbofod, The Masterpiece Eyes fit in the socket of the #1 Head but not the #2 Head I have. And the Masterpiece eyes are not adjustable after they are in place. The Masterpiece eyes took a little fuzzing around to get into the eye capsule just right too.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=97611

Metricnut
Thanks, I'd seen that thread but lost track of it. LOL, now that I look at it, I even had a comment in it. SMH... Very useful information, thanks for sharing! I'm getting an Elfie second hand and might be playing around with this a bit. :glou:

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Jimbofod wrote:Given the capability to remove the eye assembly with relative ease, here with the 145 and also with Elfie head, at least, it seems to me that any drawbacks of stock eyes you find can be remedied by simply ordering or making a custom set of the correct size. Maybe the site MetricNut gave the link to has what you are looking for? I wonder how removable eyes are in the larger heads. When Sanhui first came out with the movable eyes, they mentioned that they were not meant to be removable, but that they were working on removable solution. I wonder if this was done on purpose and quietly rolled out like many other improvements.
Many thanks for the hint :D

I went to the site but they don't have full/plain eyes, or i was dumb and don't find them (this is highly possible)...

While searching for a picture to illustrate my thought, i was shocked to see that i don't find any representation of drows with full silver/gold eyes 8O

They all got skin ranging from grey to obsidian with eyes almost every color mainly red.

As a matter of fact my Mirya is totally in the description :twisted: but on the other side, my images and dreams shattered :cry:

The site is for sure a very precious ressource, i'll be sure to keep it !

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

zaxdoll wrote:
Jimbofod wrote:Given the capability to remove the eye assembly with relative ease, here with the 145 and also with Elfie head, at least, it seems to me that any drawbacks of stock eyes you find can be remedied by simply ordering or making a custom set of the correct size. Maybe the site MetricNut gave the link to has what you are looking for? I wonder how removable eyes are in the larger heads. When Sanhui first came out with the movable eyes, they mentioned that they were not meant to be removable, but that they were working on removable solution. I wonder if this was done on purpose and quietly rolled out like many other improvements.
Many thanks for the hint :D

I went to the site but they don't have full/plain eyes, or i was dumb and don't find them (this is highly possible)...

While searching for a picture to illustrate my thought, i was shocked to see that i don't find any representation of drows with full silver/gold eyes 8O

They all got skin ranging from grey to obsidian with eyes almost every color mainly red.

As a matter of fact my Mirya is totally in the description :twisted: but on the other side, my images and dreams shattered :cry:

The site is for sure a very precious ressource, i'll be sure to keep it !
Zax, I noticed that in the box where you select a size, there are a ton of options you can pick for a given color, including: add metalicized version. Maybe if you pick a gold/yellow/honey or hazel/grey and metalicize it, that would work?

http://masterpieceeyes.pinnaclecart.com ... king-here/

I found some pretty crazy glass eyes on Amazon too, but most of the fantasy ones were flat like coins. There must also be other sources. Usually TPE dolls get acrylic eyes, another option. I've seen a silver cat eye available pretty commonly.

INFORMATIONS