sanhuiofficial.com

A newb and some questions.

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: A newb and some questions.

Post by Jimbofod »

Another newb here, I'm in the market for my first doll, and while my search has focused on TPE manufacturers it seems that there are many benefits of silicone, and Sanhui is only a bit more expensive than the higher end TPE dolls.
Welcome! IMHO, unless you truly can't afford the slightly higher price for a Sanhui, this is the best way to go. Fantastic value, the doll lasts, and maintenance is easy. I first had a TPE doll, and I feel now it was a mistake.
Am I correct that the nipple and labia colors on Sanhui dolls is permanent and wear resistant?
As long as you get that specific upgrade, yes. These areas get dyed so that it is in the silicone, same as the flesh color in the rest of the doll.
Can anyone tell me if Sanhui dolls are prone to issues similar to TPE plug failure and skeleton rust?
There is no plug. The Sanhui vagina is completely air/water tight. You can safely clean it by tub/bath/waterhose. The skeleton will be fine as long as you don't get a puncture wound and expose the metal to water.
I am considering a built in vagina, and TPE plug / mold issues have me thinking this is a bad idea... Has anyone had experience with both types of Sanhui dolls? How is cleanup and maintenance for a built in?
Sanhui only come with built-in vaginas. Keep this in mind that you will either have to bring the cleanup to them or be ready to carry her regularly to the bath. Alternatley, you can use condoms (male even female for her) or finish outside.
I hear so much about how much softer and realistic anTPE doll is. Is this really a thing?
This is a personal preference thing. After switching to silicone, I think maybe TPE is too soft except for boobs and butt. The head/face are too squishy, and you might feel the skeleton underneath in places if you grab tightly (such as when carrying). Sanhui offers gel inserts to the boob, butt, and even belly. The belly one can result in folds. I think the boob and butt ones are the best options. I'd follow Metric Nut's advice on the butt softness level. DS dolls currently are actually very soft, but they are of course more expensive.
I'm mostly concerned with making a good investment. What I read about TPE maintenance sounds like a headache... I have a budget capped around $2500, and Sanhui seems like a better long term bet than a TPE doll...
For this budget, Sanhui is a fantastic option. You can afford basically their biggest doll maxed out on options (assuming you are in the US). You could even add a custom skin color, if that's your thing. You might also consider DS 145 or 145 plus. Shipping costs for them are significant, so any larger doll of DS would blow your budget. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a used DS doll in good condition. See the Sales on TDF section. Unlike TPE, silicone can be sterilized, and all but the new Evo model have inserts.
Also, why is it so hard to find the faces on their website? All of the dolls are presented as preconfigured, very confusing...
I agree, their site is at times confusing. They have been improving, for example adding a label in the photos showing the doll head name and number, and the skin tone. If you have some idea about what you are leaning toward, you can often find member photos in the forum here. If not, just ask.

Happy hunting!

FloatingInSpace
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FloatingInSpace »

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, I think you have sold me on sanhui. I definitely have DS envy, but way over my budget.

Sanhui has 2 faces that I like, and the 168 and 165 are just stunning. The watertight cavities are a big deal, and the weight is reasonable. I think I'm ready for my first doll!

Cheers

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Great, glad I could help! Congrats and good luck! Please do share once you get her some pics and what you think!

Best

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

FloatingInSpace wrote:Thanks for your thoughtful reply, I think you have sold me on sanhui. I definitely have DS envy, but way over my budget.

Sanhui has 2 faces that I like, and the 168 and 165 are just stunning. The watertight cavities are a big deal, and the weight is reasonable. I think I'm ready for my first doll!

Cheers
That was a great post helping FloatingInSpace Jimbofod! Impressive.

Congratulations FloatingInSpace, The Sanhui is an outstanding deal in the market right now. Wait till you see your doll in person. I was floored at how amazing the Sanhui dolls are. It will be better than the best photos you have seen. Something about seeing the doll in front of you that just can't be captured in a 2 dimensional photo.

What size Sanhui are you interested in?
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

QuantumVoodoo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by QuantumVoodoo »

I think you would be wise in going with a silicone doll. I have owned both TPE and silicone, and I feel the benefits of silicone far outweigh any ground it loses to TPE. TPE is softer for sure, but even my 2016 joy model silicone doll still feels good, even if it is firmer. I felt my TPE doll today (it's been stored away awhile) and was surprised at how soft it was, definitely not a natural feel. It felt more like gelatinous type of soft. Considering the advances that have been made with the new silicone formulas the skin will likely be much softer than my 2016 silicone doll, but still firm in the right places. And I understand the feel of the textured skin is supposed to be pretty awesome too. Sate did a video review of the two larger models of DS and Sanhui dolls, and he was pretty impressed with the feel of the textured skin skin on the San Hui. You might have already seen it, but if not: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=97598

The fact that DS & SanHui are direct competitors at the high end of the mid-range doll market, and that they are compared to each other as much as they are, is something I would take as a credit to Sanhui.

I recently pulled the trigger on a San 145 D with all the options, and I am very eager to see what has changed in the last two or three years.

SanHui seem to be encroaching on a very well reputed manufacturer in DS, but DS are also known for their longevity, and that is an area I have read about being called into question with SanHui's skeleton. I have been in touch with SanHui about this (juuuuuuuuuust in case I get cold feet, which I really doubt, but better to know, ya know) and they have said they will send more info on the skeleton and pictures that should ease my concerns. My hope is that this is what exactly will happen, and that SanHui has progressed forward with the skeleton as it has with it's silicone. If that happens, I think SanHui's market encroachment would get that much more competitive. Something like the Toyota and Nissan of dolls, both great manufacturers in their own right, and pretty hard to go wrong with either one.

Hope that helps a bit!

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

QuantumVoodoo,

Congrats on making a decision! I would not put anyone off of either Sanhui or DS, as each excels in different areas. Ideally, both learn something from the other and end up better overall. As you mentioned, the skeleton of Sanhui is an unknown, except that they are making some improvements. I hope you can share what you learn on that front. If they have truly addressed past issues and make this known, it would be huge.

QuantumVoodoo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by QuantumVoodoo »

Agreed.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Sanhui is a great choice for a first doll. :thumbs_up:
My first is a Sanhui and my next will probably be a Sanhui. They make nice durable ladies for a nice price.

Have fun.......

:glou:
Attachments
20180314_024126-2340x3600-01-2740x3600.jpg
20180314_024126-2340x3600-01-2740x3600.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
20180314_024550-2340x3600-01-2740x3600.jpg
20180314_024550-2340x3600-01-2740x3600.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
20180314_024244-2340x3600-01-2740x3600.jpg
20180314_024244-2340x3600-01-2740x3600.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
20180201_065905-3600x2740-01.jpeg
20180201_065905-3600x2740-01.jpeg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
IMG_20170523_220334-01-2740x3600.jpeg
IMG_20170523_220334-01-2740x3600.jpeg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

FloatingInSpace
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FloatingInSpace »

I am looking very seriously at the 165 or 168 topped with either Severine or Abigail.

My main reservations with Sanhui are the skeleton, and limited face options. I have been particularly swayed by reviews and marketing for 6YE. I read so much about the smoothness and range of motion from the ball joint skeleton, however, I've come to the conclusion that any doll in this price range is going to be a compromise. I think I will go with Sanhui mainly due to the durability, realism, reduced maintenance, plus the pigmentation options for nipples and labia looks simply amazing.

They are also the only dolls under $3000 that look as good in TDF member photos as they do in the manufacturer marketing. I am blown away by Sate's video.

Do all new dolls from Sanhui come with the most current advancements in skin and skeleton, or do some models lack the latest features?

QuantumVoodoo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by QuantumVoodoo »

This will interest you. I made a new post since it is a big development, but SanHui is evidently using a ball joint skeleton now.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 61&t=98886

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

They clearly state which models have the new textured skin, either in the thumbnail for the model or in the description. Most of the dolls, especially the newer models and larger dolls, do have this. The exception seems to be the 160 and perhaps the older models of smaller dolls. The 118 elfie has it.

As for the skeleton, I don't know. Sanhui had a post about the 158, at least, which is advertized as upgraded in 2018.

Dollmalion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dollmalion »

Well, actually, I just ordered a 160 from Sanhui and they told me to wait 2 weeks more to have the textured skin improvement :D

So I think they're improving all their products at this present time.
Review of my Sanhui 160 doll: viewtopic.php?f=293&t=101016
TDF unofficial Discord: https://discord.gg/Ku6rWs (Don't hesitate to come, we need you! :D)
A lady came, and thus bespake me: ‘I
Am Lucia. Suffer me to take this man,
Who slumbers. Easier so his way shall speed.’
Canto IX, Purgatory

AVT100
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AVT100 »

Dollmalion wrote:Well, actually, I just ordered a 160 from Sanhui and they told me to wait 2 weeks more to have the textured skin improvement :D

So I think they're improving all their products at this present time.
Yep, I just ordered Elfie and they said they're doing a mold renovation to make the seams finer.

QuantumVoodoo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by QuantumVoodoo »

Gratz on your orders! I imagine there will be flood of new pictures all at once as these recent orders begin to arrive to their new owners.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Finer seams, eh? Bringing texture to the 160? Wow, Sanhui is busy busy busy!

INFORMATIONS