sanhuiofficial.com

Sanhui is lying about the weights of their dolls

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Chronos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Sanhui is lying about the weights of their dolls

Post by Chronos »

xsdolls wrote:Unfortunately false advertising is very popular with all manufacturers, that's why you should talk to more unbiased vendors when buying a doll or considering your options.
False advertising is very popular with all manufactures? Really?

George I spoke the Sanhui rep plus 3 different vendors about this doll including you. I asked you in particular about how the 160, 165 and 165+ were all 30kg on that chart and you assured me they were all the same weight because "the difference between the 160/165 and 165+ is just very small" and that's all you could tell me about the weight.

I tried a different scale. It had a bit lower reading but not much. Using this other scale to weigh the box with padding, wigs, lingerie, heater and blanket (20lb) and subtracting the Fedex shipping weight of 99.21 lb, still comes out to 79lb. So yeah. Quite a bit heavier than the chart.

To those posting the jokes. What is your point? That I'm a big crybaby because I'm calling out this bullshit? Fuck off. Just holding people accountable. Not doing this is why these guys pull this crap and get away with it too often. I'm doing all of you a favor, so piss off.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I'm with you! That much weight different is total bull. A doll made in a mold cannot have huge weight differences like that. Maybe 2 lbs max. These are not individually hand sculpted one at a time. Maybe a production line motorcycle may be 16lbs +/-

I'm 6/1 and 230 lbs and don't care for a doll over 50 lbs. If I weighed 155 I would certainly hate a 82 lb doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

nemo
Former Member

Post by nemo »

rubherkitty wrote:A doll made in a mold cannot have huge weight differences like that.
Agree. Manufacturers know that weight is an issue for many potential buyers and therefore most of them understate the weight of their dolls by at least 2-3 kg. And on top of that comes the weight of the head.

DEAL

Post by DEAL »

Oh, well, this is a huge concern for me, this very post is probably pushing me right towards the textile dolls again.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I always thought the weight of the head would be figured in for a dolls advertised total weight. Who's going to remove the doll's head every time you want to move the doll!
Same with installed insert if applicable.
Does Sanhui state the weight is for body only?

Reminds me of the doll Co that measured their mini dolls w/the toes/feet pointed straight down to make them measure taller. :roll:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

dollslover7

Post by dollslover7 »

Chronos wrote:
To those posting the jokes. What is your point? That I'm a big crybaby because I'm calling out this bullshit? Fuck off. Just holding people accountable. Not doing this is why these guys pull this crap and get away with it too often. I'm doing all of you a favor, so piss off.
I couldn't agree more Chronos. Have experienced some of this myself. If there's room for giving Manufacturers/Vendors a break, I'm for that, but when there is misrepresentation that's obvious it needs to be expressed quickly, accurately and pointedly.

raulwie

Post by raulwie »

Dollstudio wrote:Sometimes, specs for model variants are just copy & pasted, and then forgotten. Things like this are unfortunate, but they can happen.).
Sorry, things like this are nothing more than very unprofessional.
Dollstudio wrote: Another recurring reason for incorrect weight specs is the weighting process itself. That applies especially to all dolls without a hanging mechanism (like a neck bolt, an eye bolt, or a hang kit). Measurements for dolls without hanging mechanisms are rarely accurate. Again, it's unfortunate, but it happens all the time.
Sorry, companies pretend producing high quality dolls - and they are not able to weight there products? That is ridiculous and very unprofessional again.
Dollstudio wrote: A deviation of 15-20% can be problematic as it might change handling significantly - if a doll specified as 30 kg actually weights 34.5-36 kg, it's outside of the comfort zone of an average user; most of our customers are prepared to handle 30-33 kg when they purchase a life-sized silicone doll. However, something like this can happen if a manufacturer specifies the weight of the doll 10% more lightweight than the average delivered dolls actually are, and the weight of the head needs to be added (30 kg + 10% = 33 kg plus ~2.5 kg for the head = total weight ~35.5 kg)
Sorry, in my eyes Your explanations are waste of efforts. Simple truth: Either there are very unprofessional or they lie on the weight of their dolls to make them sell better. Both means one should not buy a doll from companies which not give the right weight of their products on there websites.

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

Well I thank the OP for pointing this out, no matter what the outcome at least the public can be aware of this and people that have serious problems with weight can maybe opt for a smaller doll so they don't seriously hurt themselves lifting her out the box. If it's known by the people selling the dolls or not or if the weights posted like that by some huge mistake,I don't know, but the important part is that the weight being incorrect is a message that can get through to others and they can make an educated decision.

It to me is just sad that someone had to "take a lost" for others to know this. My advice is to all buying dolls from any doll company(mostly overseas) is to give yourself a 10 pound lead way, that way if you are prep training before your doll comes and she's not the weight advised you'd be covered, and if is to weight listed they it's fine because you'd be used to a heavier weight so you can lift her no problem. Also, if you are in doubt and don't want to take a chance just go for a small doll, problem solved, better safe than sorry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

art_vandelay
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by art_vandelay »

My 165+ weighs in at 71.5 lbs with head on. According to a normal bathroom scale. Mine is about right it would seem. So, no lying in my case. Not convinced we have a real and widespread problem yet. I'd like to hear what the company reps have to say before we get out the tar and feathers.
I'm going to hire you as my latex salesman?
...I don't think so.....

Sanhui Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Sanhui Doll »

I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here.
Official Website: https://sanhuidolls.com/
Email: admin@sanhuidolls.com (admin&support) & info@sanhuidolls.com & sanhuidollschina@yahoo.com (order & pay)

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

Chronos wrote: because "the difference between the 160/165 and 165+ is just very small" and that's all you could tell me about the weight.
Based on my knowledge during that period when the 165+ was just introduced that was all I knew and I told you that. Whenever we receive a doll and measure/weight her we update our charts accordingly. Seriously, don't go this route - do you have any idea how many people I've informed that a particular doll is too heavy or heavier than advertised? And except me and Sandro nobody (vendor) even cares about weighting the dolls because everyone just dropships and doesn't give a $$$$ if you have back problems after a year or not. Seriously, don't let your frustration out on me, when I even confirmed in my first reply that Sanhui's measurements are wrong in order to put some pressure on Kimi to answer in this thread and take you seriously!
Absolutely correct - but how about you keep a cool head and let your frustration out on Sanhui or Kimi, who actually sold you the doll. Let them joke, at least they keep your thread alive and bring some awareness to this problem. If you can take some pussy you certainly can take a joke :D

Sanhui Doll wrote:I think there is some kind of misunderstanding here.
I don't think so. Sanhui, just as WM, YL, even DS is intentionally publishing misleading specifications and those things go on for years and everyone in the industry knows that. The only reason you (all) got away with it is because usually vendors only dropship (and have even no idea what they sell) and customers are usually too "busy" to actually measure or weight their dolls with an erection in their pants. I also (as a vendor) blindly believed the numbers until I actually started weighting the dolls going through or PQC and couldn't believe how some dolls go even over 20% of their specified weight (not in your case, Kimi).

So this is something manufacturers, not vendors, have to address and correct, because at the end Chronos is right. No matter if it's 5kg or 10kg, a tolerance over 2% is simply unacceptable.

George
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

Keep calm, who says that we are not frustrated.
We do not laugh you out, we use humor to handle our frustrations.
I myself had my doll for your post not yet weighed glad I was thinking that I could carry my doll of 30 kg without real problems.
Weights correct lifting and carrying is learned through my job and disease and why I probably experiencing fewer problems.
That my doll now weighs seven kilos more than advertised is actually indeed unacceptable.
And the head without wig weighs only 1 kg can not explain the difference to their table.
Thus, one would indeed SHANHUI must commit to adjust their table.
Probably I had not bought my doll if I had known beforehand since this was one of my main criteria for purchase.
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Weight deviation is not at all unusual, I have 3 153cm dolls from WMDolls According to RLSD's website, the 153cm should weigh 59lbs. All three of mine come in at right at 72lbs. the heaviest which is the newest comes in at 73lbs.

So I don't think it is unusual at all and I do not believe that it is only one manufacturer that fudges the weights of their dolls. "Just my experience"
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

rock1101
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rock1101 »

Virgin_Doll wrote:
To those posting the jokes. What is your point? That I'm a big crybaby because...
Keep calm, who says that we are not frustrated.
We do not laugh you out, we use humor to handle our frustrations....
This is so true. It's a problem, but don't lose your cool.

I don't know how to help you, but I do think you have your rights on this issue.

art_vandelay
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by art_vandelay »

So far, we have a couple of conflicting data points and some anecdotal "evidence". Is there a real problem? People here who are trashing this vendor on the amount of real information available are not helpful in my opinion. Now if this turns out to be a real problem determined by weighing a bigger sample size of actual dolls, and it can be shown that Sanhui has been fudging their weight spec, then the company deserves whatever bad mojo this causes them.

i know that if my doll actually weighed 10 lbs more than she does i might not be able to manage her and i would have to rethink how i move her about, or sell her for something lighter so I'm not discounting the OP's frustration. I'm just not willing to possibly damage a company's reputation using this small of a sample size. Now it's up to Sansui to address this issue, or ignore it. They now know if they did not already that this an issue customers have and we will be paying attention as to how or if they manage through this.
I'm going to hire you as my latex salesman?
...I don't think so.....

INFORMATIONS