sanhuiofficial.com

2018 168cm knees loose.

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Jab

2018 168cm knees loose.

Post by Jab »

I received my 168cm July 18 2018
Both knees are loose and flop already.

Normal?
Attachments
VID_20180818_091646.mp4
Video I just made
(23.4 MiB) Downloaded 3948 times

Dollpimp2018
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: 2018 168cm knees loose.

Post by Dollpimp2018 »

poor thing she will need surgery. don't think it is normal, but we don't know how were you using her. Were you moving her legs a lot? another user recently complained about the neck of her sanhui doll becoming lose...
PipeDream Kitty Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/308222911
IronTech Victoria Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/305089873
AmorDoll Bianca Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/298682320

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

For the amount of time, it seems abnormal for that to happen.

I highly advise you contact your vendor for advice and give them an opportunity to help you with this, especially if you'll need to do repairs.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Jab

Post by Jab »

Dollpimp2018 wrote:poor thing she will need surgery. don't think it is normal, but we don't know how were you using her. Were you moving her legs a lot? another user recently complained about the neck of her sanhui doll becoming lose...
I free stood her like in Harems thread 3 times max 5-8 minutes apiece, just to look at her. Also observed Kk free stand a 168cm on Skype. I read Sanhui dolls shouldn't stand for long. I have not abused the doll and don't move her legs alot, right hip is extremely tight, very hard to move. The rest of her joints are fine.

She's ball jointed at knees I believe, can this be tightened?
I'm also not very comfortable performing potentially scarring surgery on my doll.

@Dali

I have already done so today.

Here we are a month in. Doll is new and I bought a Sanhui thinking, they're quality and I was wrong. They need to tell me why both legs are loose so soon and why my hip is so tight. They made the doll, not my vendor. To add, I paid go money for her and this is what I got.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Sorry to hear that :(

The skeleton seems to be the akillies heel of sanhui. Going loose this fast might be unusual but getting floppy joints over a few months was expected with the old skeleton. It will certainly be interested to hear more about the long term durability of the new ball joint skeleton.

This thread is how I fixed Emma's knees. But she's from 2017 and has normal hinged knees. And the effects from the surgery wore off rather quickly too...

viewtopic.php?f=261&t=94222

Lservant

Post by Lservant »

Sorry to hear about your doll. Maybe it's the only option but cutting open and operating on a month old doll that you spent good money on doesn't seem acceptable to me. I hope someone from Sanhui replies on this thread. I would love to know:

1. How does a ball joint with such little use fail? (I'm quite familiar with ball joint construction)

2. What do they plan to do about it?

I'm working with Jeff at BCD and my finger is basically poised on the "buy" button for a 168. Maybe the quality just isn't there in this price range. Incredibly disappointing!

Jab

Post by Jab »

SANHUI WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?

It's been two days and no inkling of a response.

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

hello LSERVANT,
I think personnaly that putting ball joint at the knees is against nature. Our knees are almost hinged to allow us to stand.
I have 13 dolls and have only problems to stand the dolls with ball joint at the knees.It is unstable and ugly (crocked, arched, X shaped legs) So now I opt when possible for the traditionnal skeleton with hinged knees when buying a doll.
However loose joint (hinged or not) at the knees is also a problem for standing them. In the long run unfortunately all joints become loose and there is really an improvement to be found by the manufacturers in this respect.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

I think the only really long-term solution to the general problem of loosening joints is to have a better way of re-tightening them. This would mean either some mechanical control that would be accessible externally and visually undesirable (like a nob) or some kind of electronic system that would require power to activate (and be much more expensive). The former might be possible and maybe by minimizing the visual blemish in creative ways, like making the access point small and maybe coverable with a silicone plug, but it would never look ideal, somewhat counter to the point of having a standing doll that looks realistic. Another possible way to do this would be skin that is designed to peel away so the joints can be easily accessed. The second option is honestly probably only going to come from high end, custom dolls or straight up robotics. By the time you have such systems in every critical joint, you've basically built a robot anyway, just one that isn't made to move but to maintain standing. I doubt any doll manufacturer is doing anything like this soon, sadly.

Jab, sorry to hear about your 168. Joints go loose over time, but this is way too early. I've been contemplating a 168 as well, and for me part of the point of a full-size doll is to have her stand and have presence. I have a 160 cm that went all loose, and I have a DS 145 that was made loose originally. When I got my Elfie, even though she is short, it was really great having her be able to stand. It made her that much more real. Now she's got an issue worse than loose joints, but thanks to members here I may have a way to fix it. I'm not sure how you fix a loose ball joint, however. Sanhui offered to fix my Elfie until we both did some research and found it was not cost effective to send her back to them. Hopefully they will find a way to do right by you. I believe your doll should still be within their warranty, and if you bought her as a standing doll, she should be able to stand. If my Elfie was too expensive to send back, a 168 can only be worse. You might try making a repost in the repair forums to get some other ideas. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Jab wrote:I received my 168cm July 18 2018

Normal?
No Jab, abnormal.
I received a 158cm on June 20th 2018 and everything is perfect right now.
Very sorry to hear, I hope it gets resolved.

Can you make another video? It's a bit unclear that her knees are loose IMO. Maybe sanhui would like to see exactly how bad it is.
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Jab

Post by Jab »

Still waiting Sanhui.

Jab

Post by Jab »

Forb wrote:
Jab wrote:I received my 168cm July 18 2018

Normal?
No Jab, abnormal.
I received a 158cm on June 20th 2018 and everything is perfect right now.
Very sorry to hear, I hope it gets resolved.

Can you make another video? It's a bit unclear that her knees are loose IMO. Maybe sanhui would like to see exactly how bad it is.
Not good with tablet video, did my best. Had trouble getting the vids working, used to know how to do this stuff.
Attachments
VID_20180821_141004.mp4
Vid
(45.53 MiB) Downloaded 3579 times
VID_20180821_135646.mp4
Vid
(48.29 MiB) Downloaded 3581 times

NeedWaifu

Post by NeedWaifu »

Dollsampler wrote:hello LSERVANT,
I think personnaly that putting ball joint at the knees is against nature. Our knees are almost hinged to allow us to stand.
I have 13 dolls and have only problems to stand the dolls with ball joint at the knees.It is unstable and ugly (crocked, arched, X shaped legs) So now I opt when possible for the traditionnal skeleton with hinged knees when buying a doll.
However loose joint (hinged or not) at the knees is also a problem for standing them. In the long run unfortunately all joints become loose and there is really an improvement to be found by the manufacturers in this respect.
Really? I was getting the impression that balljoint skeletons are "next-gen" or a "must choose" option.. Hmm I guess not every new tech is better than the older.. glad to hear, I will be cautious for myself in the future!
Wanted doll features - Pussy to mouth 80cm lenght - High quality eyes - Magnetic faces

Jab

Post by Jab »

Is it possible to get a rep from Sanhui to respohd to this thread or does Sanhui not care in this particular case?

Newdollguy90s

Post by Newdollguy90s »

Hi, long time lurker first time posting.
I would also like to know what Sanhui has to say about this issue. Ive tried emailing them questions about their skeletons but they only reply once and then they never get back to me after. I really wanted to buy a 158cm soon but not if their customer support is unreliable. How is it for everyone else?

INFORMATIONS