sanhuiofficial.com

Newbie Question regarding Sanhui dolls

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
EGOiST
Apprentice
Apprentice

Newbie Question regarding Sanhui dolls

Post by EGOiST »

Hi guys, my Marya 156cm just arrived today.

This is the first doll that I owned, and I have few question for you veterans on how to handle the doll.

1. Can I shower her body and head? Im guessing there is a problem if the water get into the eyes. I also have standing peg option, I can see some user are concern getting water inside it, but from what I heard somewhere else, Sanhui doll are water prof and able to be showered.

2. If yes, can I apply soap for cleaning the doll?

3. Is the material toxic? Can I kiss the doll?

4. How do you apply the baby powder on the doll? With Brush?

The doll is very heavy!! I store her standing, and her legs bend awkwardly from the weight =(.
The joint is also very stiff, hopefully it lossen over time.

Cheers guys.

Floydpink

Re: Newbie Question regarding Sanhui dolls

Post by Floydpink »

Yes you can shower the body, and with soap if you want. But as you say, avoid getting much water in areas where metal etc is exposed such as feet or neck or eyes. Maybe use a shower cap over those areas.

It's not toxic. It's medical grade silicone which means it can even be used in things like implants or prostheses!

Best but maybe a bit slow way to apply baby powder is to use a large makeup brush like this: https://cdn3.volusion.com/oexpw.rayok/v ... 10G-2T.jpg

The skeleton type is pretty new so we don't know how fast it loosens but most likely it will eventually, yes.
Try the doll reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/SexDolls/

AVT100
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AVT100 »

Did you buy direct from Sanhui? They sent me an instruction booklet and also an email with care instructions. They recommend Walch Foaming Hand Soap for the first washing. I just do sponge bath with dolls but some people do take dolls into the shower. The joints on mine are pretty smooth but tight enough to hold positions with strength. As far as standing a doll as large as Marya— not sure I’d risk that without multiple points of support. I feel like one day you’ll come in to a shocking scene. Get her a folding chair or a bar stool to sit on.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Sanhui dolls are meant to only stand for an hour or so, even with the standing feet option. If you didn't get standing feet I would recommend using a pair of lace up walking/running shoes. And never let them stand without leaning on something.
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Forb wrote:Sanhui dolls are meant to only stand for an hour or so, even with the standing feet option. If you didn't get standing feet I would recommend using a pair of lace up walking/running shoes. And never let them stand without leaning on something.

So true. :thumbs_up:
When I got Eve a little over 2 years ago, they didn't offer standing feet. They didn't really need to. I just put her in shoes and lean her and she stands fine even after 2 years. Her ankles loosened a little but as long as I have her in boots or something with good ankle support, she is fine to stand.

Also, since all Sanhui ladies have built ins, look at my cleaning and drying threads in my signature for ideas.

You really don't need to lug her in the shower. Just lay her in bed on a towel and give her a spongebath using soap and hot water.
Powder afterwards when she is dry. Just rub powder on with your hands and finish up with a powder brush or powder puff.

Hope that helps......

:glou:
Attachments
I can still stand after 2 years!
I can still stand after 2 years!
20180414_012039-2740x3600-01.jpeg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 2581 times
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Forb wrote:Sanhui dolls are meant to only stand for an hour or so, even with the standing feet option.
That's news to me. Where did you hear that? Considering how light their dolls are nowadays compared to cheaper TPE dolls that can easily be stored standing up, I'd be surprised if Sanhui's skeleton couldn't handle that as well. Or is it a limitation with the new ball joints?
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

I remember hearing that before the standing option was available. They said the silicone on the bottom of the feet would get damaged. On the same note, I'm pretty sure I've heard it's still not recommended to store standing up even with standing feet or even leave standing for extended periods. I think Sanhui is providing a hanging option for vertical storage these days.

Even my 156, when new, would slowly start to bend at the waist/knees if I left her standing for an hour, and this was leaning on a countertop.

I can't recommend it. And, are the new Sanhui's really that light? I didn't think they trimmed that much weight, and my 156 weighs 74 pounds naked.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

I have an elfie with standing feet, and I accidentally leave her standing sometimes, even overnight, but she is very light. In her case, I notice she can stand with the weight leaning forward, but this would gradually weaken the ankles. Unless for brief times, say for a quick photo, I'd suggest leaning backward, or at least against something. If she leans back against a wall or either way against a low table or chair, she still appears to be standing while saving her joints a bit.

If I had a larger doll, I would never store her standing unsupervised. I tend to store dolls on a soft surface, like a bed - memory foam is ideal. There is also the hanging option, but I haven't tried it. I heard horror stories about cheap TPE dolls stored hanging that weren't built for it, and the joints fell apart from the pressure. I doubt that is the case with the new Sanhui skeletons that seem very strong, but you can't go wrong laying her on memory foam.

Sanhui dolls, outside of foot bolts, neck bolts, and the head, should be waterproof, but if you get a small nick and don't see it, it could become a way for water to get into the doll potentially. I had this happen with a doll's foot once. Therefore submersion under water is not a good idea. Showering is fine because the water pressure is not high. With the new movable eyes, unless you are taking them out for the shower, you probably want to just remove the head which is super easy with the new attachment system. Then protect the neck. I stick a nitrile glove on there, but you could use a plastic bag and rubber band or other solution. It's a good idea to upgrade to a shower head that connects to a long hose. I also got one of these on the recommendation of Forb for cleaning up after playtime.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Very handy, use it all the time. If she doesn't need a full shower, I sometimes just have her bend her bum over the edge of the tub and hook up the cleaning probe. :D See also Gonestill's cleaning post for alternatives. She could be standing or sitting/squatting over something to catch the waste water.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Nice Jimbo! :D

I remember where I read that it's not recommend to leave standing for long: the user manual... I can't seem to find it right now but I'll post it if I find it. THOUGH with the new skeleton it might not apply to new Sanhui's.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

For powdering, I got one of these. Very soft, works great. I've had the same one for years.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Also, I forgot to say, congratulations!

Weight takes some time to get used to. Go slow at first, plan your moves, and use good technique (lift with the legs). Learn to watch out for her arms and legs if you carry her. Bridal carry is generally a good method, and you can have her arms and head tucked in safely.

Enjoy!

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Hey Jimbo, I have one of those Elf brushes but it got so much powder down in the bristles that it got stiff. I cleaned it out with running water but I replaced it and haven't used it since. Do you wash yours every so often?

And yeah, Congrats and Enjoy!

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Forb wrote:Hey Jimbo, I have one of those Elf brushes but it got so much powder down in the bristles that it got stiff. I cleaned it out with running water but I replaced it and haven't used it since. Do you wash yours every so often?
Hmm, I haven't had that problem. Maybe I use a different powder? I use J&J corn starch with lavender scent. I might occasionally rinse it with some water if I notice dust bunnies building up on it, but very rarely. Usually I just flick it several times against my hand to get out any extra debris. Maybe the washing in water is messing it up?

Wight
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wight »

Useful brush to tame hairs in face photos is a hog bristle flat fan brush. Artshop stuff. It is coarse to catch individual hair, and long, keeping your fingers away from the face attracting static electricity messing more hair. (Sorry bad grammar day.)
Attachments
20180613_091510.jpg
20180613_091510.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2500 times
20180613_091516.jpg
20180613_091516.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 2500 times
Ginevra's thread!
viewtopic.php?t=94375

EGOiST
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by EGOiST »

Thanks for the reply!! : D
Very informative indeed. One more question, how do I treat the hair?
Can I use normal shampoo? Thanks guys!

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

EGOiST wrote:Thanks for the reply!! : D
Very informative indeed. One more question, how do I treat the hair?
Can I use normal shampoo? Thanks guys!
Check "how to clean wigs" on youtube ...many informative video there. It is rather simple ... I have 14 wigs now so I am on wigs duty a lot....
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

INFORMATIONS