sanhuiofficial.com

Standing feet or no?

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Standing feet or no?

Post by Jimbofod »

Hey, I was thinking about the standing foot pegs option, and I remember that Sate in his review of his 168 cm doll said he didn't have them, but he was able to stand the doll up well ( long enough for some photos) using socks and shoes. He noted that the foot plate was really good and solid, which helped in this aspect. I suspect that some design of a stronger foot plate was incorporated when Sanhui began to officially offer the standing foot option, but the 168 is, I think the newest or one of the newest models to come out.
I have a 160 cm from a couple years back, and when her joints were still stiff, I could also stand her up with socks and shoes (I used boots for extra ankle support), which I learned from another member's post. Theoretically, I imagine that for smaller dolls, as long as the foot plate is proportionately strong, the foot pegs are less of a necessity.

I'm beginning to think about a new order in the future, and I wonder if the standing foot pegs are something I will want. I'm not a foot fetishist, but the bolts can look a little bit weird and would show up even through some foot/leg coverings like I typically put on my dolls. Also, extra care has to be taken during washing/bathing.

So is it worth it? Are those without standing foot pegs still standing their dolls up with shoes, or are there issues with wear on the doll's foot?

Alternately, those with the foot pegs: are you standing your dolls barefoot? Do the pegs give you piece of mind when standing your doll up? Do you just get used to seeing them, or do you just have them covered and not think about them much?

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Standing feet or no?

Post by justintime »

“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Standing for sure!
I did not get them, and wished I had now. It's one of those features, may not use them all the time; but do come in handy!

There are those who can stand up there ladies without them, not recommended. The knees, hip, and ankles will suffer stress and may break over time.
Some of these welds on skeleton can be weak and will crack. They're more tack welds, than nice beads.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

justintime, thanks for the link! I wasn't aware of that thread.

RGC, are you suggesting that the standing option is more than the foot pegs? I think that is the case with DS, for example, because the foot plate is not typically made strong or large enough to support the weight. Certainly it would not be for my DS 145, even if she had stiff joints.

I posted this in the Sanhui subforum because I am thinking about this specifically for their dolls. They officially started offering the option a bit ago (last year, I think), and this year they have upgraded the skeleton to include ball joints, likely keeping standing ability in mind.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Jimbofod wrote: RGC, are you suggesting that the standing option is more than the foot pegs? I think that is the case with DS, for example, because the foot plate is not typically made strong or large enough to support the weight. Certainly it would not be for my DS 145, even if she had stiff joints.
The hips, knees and ankles ought to be stronger for standing. Are they? That's for a manufacturer to answer.
The foot plate looks a bit wider on standing models to house the pegs to give foot point of contact. It looks like it's a double plate on standing dolls.

Can someone post a pic of a dissected foot to show how it's made?

If standing a non stand doll, her ankle and foot plate will bust through eventually. Foot plate not very hefty on my non stander, so I do not risk damage.

Good supportive shoes can help either way. Cushions the foot.

Wight
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wight »

justintime's thread link is good info.
I'd say the standing feet option has made things more practical and safe. Gin wears sneakers also, to keep any accidents away from her precious feet. When standing, posing for photos and sex - yes my favorite, front or back - there's always some adjusting the feet in place with possible torsion and pressure from her weight. Usually I put her standing for almost anything - dressing, wig placement or just wondering her, great fun. (Major position adjustments are of course done laying down.)

Water seapage through the bolts is easily avoided. When showering her, I put sneakers on plus plastic bags sealed with masking tape. Standing shower is so easy,she comes sparkling clean with water running down all soap and lint.
Then I leave her standing in the shower to dry a few minutes, just tapping excess drops gently with a towel.

I know that Sanhuis can well stand without the bolts, but I consider the feet as risky part of the body. The bolts visually are soon forgotten, they are funny actually.
Ginevra's thread!
viewtopic.php?t=94375

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Thanks for the feedback, Wight! Owner feedback is really helpful.

INFORMATIONS