Wrong Head and body Received

Sili Doll is a USA Manufacturer of lifelike sex dolls & body parts (breast, booty, torso & legs). Main material used is Korean TPE. All Sili Dolls are in stock in Los Angeles or Hong Kong and fast-shipped for free with UPS, FedEx or DHL. Amazing dolls and toys from $39 only! Open to negotiate price! Frequent catalog updates with HD video reviews! Buyer Support!
Favorite us: silidoll.com
Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Wrong Head and body Received

Post by Adventurer »

Hey Harem! As someone who admires your photo work, I have to ask, do you not apply makeup, use interesting lighting and shoot with an SLR camera when you take your photos? I think you do. That’s the crux of the complaint here. .

As I’ve said before in this thread, I too want to present the doll in a way that reflects the very best of the doll while being true to the product received. My photos are less edited, less staged, etc. than basically every other manufacturer out there because I’m not a professional, I don’t own or use studio lights, don’t have a studio, and I edit only minimally for these sets. I’m a Sili Doll fan who happens to take decent photos and have spent a bit of time learning makeup techniques.

In addition, Sili Doll now offers a means to receive exactly the head you see in the photos because I’m doing the makeup for Suriwaai and by request for other dolls as well. If that response to this issue leaves you dissatisfied then you are one tough customer!

That said, I’d love for more Sili Doll owners to post their pics because it’s great to see owner photos as well as the ‘glamour shots’ I produce!
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Thanks for the compliments.

Well actually I don't apply makeup at all. Any face I photograph is as supplied by the manufacturer.

It's a tough call for a manufacturer who sends a doll to me - because she's got to be perfect as is . . . and if not I don't express full enthusiasm until recommendations that I've made in response to the manufacturer are actually carried out in production.

With regard to camera, sometimes I use a mobile phone and sometimes even a small Nikon Coolpix S2800 - and the proof of that is in the recent documentary by Channel 4 showing me use that. Normally I use a Fuji S9600 which I like because it shows in real time through the lens how the sensor's seeing the lighting, and when being very fancy I use a Nikon D70 with a 50mm f2 lens just for the depth of field and an alternate sensor response, just like using a different brand of film - but whatever it is, I'm taking the doll largely as is and how she comes from the manufacturer. I think people recognise that about my photos as other people aren't so complimentary, saying my photos are "ordinary".

As far as lighting is concerned, nearly always I use natural light. Often, direct sunlight coming in on the subject directly with one reflector on the other side reflecting the sunlight back. Very ordinary and very simple. In summer with high sun I'll pick up the sun through a window on a reflector towards the subject, and use the reflector behind as with direct light.

The shading that this lighting produces picks up on the 3D modelling of the subject and so gives a better 2 dimensional representation. But if anyone's bought a doll as a result of my photos and been any way disappointed at the doll not matching the photos, either the manufacturer has failed in production or I have failed in my objectives as a photographer.

Whilst I might take art-nudes of a doll for a manufacturer, or thinly veiled with a bodystocking, I don't sex-up my photos and these are taken for presentation of the doll as the customer is likely to see her.

I hope that that's one reason why people appreciate the photos that I do, even if they are "ordinary".

It's clear here at best that the manufacturer's makeup is, to put it mildly, variable, and from the customer's photos I'd not be convinced about the quality of the moulding.

There's another brand of doll which I haven't interviewed yet who uses a very arty photographer. I have half a feeling I'd be able to bet I know who they are but the photos are so arty that really they distract from the doll herself and there's one model where many people have asked about what she really looks like. The manufacturer has lost out as a result as they think their photos are wonderful, but they don't actually show what a customer needs to see in order to press the "Buy" button. The corollary is that where a manufacturer presents such arty photos one's asking why they're distracting so much attention away from their doll.

The existence of this thread implies that customers aren't seeing what they need to be seeing to get a fair assessment of the product they're going to receive and this really needs review by the manufacturer as well as the directions for marketing given to their photographer(s). These matters need to be given some attention.

It's a feather in the cap of any manufacturer when actually the photos they use for marketing are photos taken by their customers . . . When Sili have achieved that, they'll have scored.

Best wishes

Harem

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Carlos came here with a legitimate complaint about how the factory made up his Suri-T head, but his photos appear to be after use and/or washing.... so you have to take that into consideration. Most new and aspiring doll owners know that factory makeup is temporary and will need to be redone shortly anyway. I do the makeup for photo shoot not to deceive anyone but because that’s how my personal doll looks.

So when a customer’s cell phone picture after they washed the makeup off their doll doesn’t look like what came out of your Fugi (with thoughtful professional lighting and reflectors, and special attention to the makeup out of the factory, if you do indeed not touch it up...), do you feel responsible for that? Have you mislead the customer? I don’t think so. Your ‘job’ is to take pretty pictures to show off a product without undue misrepresentation, and so is mine. We both take that responsibility very seriously no doubt. Please do not try and pretend that every doll ever to come off the line that was purchased based on your photos looks as good as your photos. That’s false - and I’ve seen enough customer unboxing photos to know it.

In fact, Sili Doll exclusively uses customer photos because I am a customer! I happen to have a nice camera and I’m ok at using it, still learning really, but I do not get paid for my photos or even reimbursed for the expenses incurred. I do get a small commission for dolls I make up and send to customers. All my photos are taken in my home on my personal hobby camera, no lights, no reflectors, and minimal editing by someone who is a total amateur with photo editing software (me, who mostly uses iPhoto) - a set up each and every Sili Doll customer can replicate should they so choose.

Finally, anyone who wants a doll head with semi-permanent makeup that looks exactly like the doll in the photos (because it is) can chat with Mig or myself to make that happen. No other TPE vendors offer a service even close to this as far as I know. We heard Carlos’ complaints loud and clear and have gone out of our way to address them, increasing the value of each and every customized doll without increasing costs to the customer. I’m very impressed by that and happy to be part of it.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

Piper Doll Jessica:

Sili Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Sili Doll »

Dear All,

Please note that we can provide pictures of your Sili Doll™ once the doll is done.

Attached is an un-processed raw picture (exclusive of watermark and logo), taken with a basic smartphone, of a recent order (Suri™ Torso with Sukiwaai™ head) sent to the customer after his Sili Doll™ was ready.

Also, as we offer several makeup styles for each of our doll, so please feel free to share with us after the picture from our website (http://silidoll.com or http://asexdoll.com) you would like your Sili Doll™ make up to be aligned with and we will make your doll accordingly.

Of note, all Sili Doll™ above 125 cm have compatible body and heads. Should you prefer a special body, head set-up, simply let us know. Besides, our doll`s heads are compatible with most of other manufacturers` doll body, but please contact us for confirmation of the set-up.

Kind regards,

Mig and Sili Doll ®
Attachments
DT2.jpg
DT2.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Sili Doll™ makes the World`s Softest Sex Doll!
* SkinTech™ Japan & Korean TPE - Feels Real. Smells Nice. Durable.
* Free UPS Shipping on all Sex Dolls with guaranteed delivery and customs paid and cleared (USA & EU)
* Money Back Guarantee against Non Delivery
* Record Order to Delivery: average 20-25 business days (USA/ EU)
* Discretion and 24/7 Service

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Adventurer wrote:Carlos came here with a legitimate complaint about how the factory made up his Suri-T head, but his photos appear to be after use and/or washing.... so you have to take that into consideration.
Yes - that is a very good point and one that I had not picked up upon. Apologies.

However, the definition of moulding is not to do with use and looks as though it leaves something to be desired.

In the light of use issue sincere apologies for some aspects of my response. I had assumed that the head photographed on the doll was brand new out of the box. However, our discussion opens and covers issues which are probably helpful for manufacturers, customers and photographers to take into consideration.

Your photos give a very professional presentation and one that I probably couldn't achieve.

Best wishes

Harem

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Yes indeed! These are important issues for customers, vendors, and photographers alike! Thanks for the spirited discussion Harem, and I look forward to seeing more of your work in your unique style as well. Perhaps the best answer is to have a nice mix of unboxing photos, customer shots, and glamor shots to show what can be expected out of the box as well as what is possible. :)
----

Piper Doll Jessica:

INFORMATIONS