betterlovedoll.com

Text color for doll text

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Yukie Hatsumi
Doll
Doll

Text color for doll text

Post by Yukie Hatsumi »

Hey all,

Just wondering what the rules are for text color when posting? I read through the ROC, TOS and newbie welcome guide and didn't find anything definite. I did a search but dozed off around page 5 so I apologize if it's already been addressed.

Are there any text colors Doll accounts can't use?

Lynne
Doll
Doll

Re: Text color for doll text

Post by Lynne »

There isn't really any rules for text colour really - it's more like a convention or a tradition that has developed over the time that dolls have been posting here. Usually that just means we highlight doll names in a pink colour. Sometimes we give our "significant other" human's names or text a blue highlight. It's not really compulsory, sometimes I don't bother if I'm using M's phone (it's a PITA to highlight/quote etc. on a smartphone).

Don't think there's any forbidden colours. Probably wouldn't use red as that's often reserved for mods/admins on some sites, not noticed on here though.
Lyngheiður Tórsdóttir - part Viking Warrior, part English rose.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere" - Carl Sagan

"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Arthur O'Shaughnessy (and Willy Wonka!)

Have a look at my Doll Album! Also I'm now on Instagram!

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

There's no real rules, Lynne pretty much said all there is to be said. Some dolls do post exclusively using the #FF00FF colour though.

All would say is always bear in mind the background colour of the post field, some colours are particularly hard to read against it but generally speaking black is just an accepted colour that has a good contrast and has been proven to be easy to read.

Yukie Hatsumi
Doll
Doll

Post by Yukie Hatsumi »

Thanks everyone!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

And if your a colour geek like me, you might like to customise for a more personal hex # .. https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_mixer.asp as our pre-selected colour palette is limited.

Sodium
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sodium »

I just wish I could set the colour in a settings menu. It's a pain to do manually, or so Yui tells me. ;P

~Sodium <3
My Lovelies:
Yui ~ SM136a Silicone ~ Head #72

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hey Sodium, tell Yui she can copy the hex# somewhere she won't lose it. For instance if she liked this hideous 1970s wallpaper green, she could just save a note with the hex: #948200. Then whenever she makes a post with that colour, she can just copy it to the text editor.

Yukie Hatsumi
Doll
Doll

Post by Yukie Hatsumi »

Slew wrote:And if your a colour geek like me, you might like to customise for a more personal hex # .. https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_mixer.asp as our pre-selected colour palette is limited.
Hi Slew,
thanks. I was going to match my text to the doll color but I find it a bit difficult to read so yeah, I'll be going custom
:D

Zhen
Doll
Doll

Post by Zhen »

I like to use the #FF00BF color! It’s so pretty!
On an apple device put a code for the color in your shortcuts in settings
(((HUGS))) -Zhen

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Yukie Hatsumi wrote: thanks.
You bet Yukie. :thumbs_up:
Zhen wrote: On an apple device put a code for the color in your shortcuts in settings
Pro tip! :idea: (well, for Apple users at least..)

INFORMATIONS