betterlovedoll.com

Question about photos in post....

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
High Country

Question about photos in post....

Post by High Country »

I've tried uploading photos in my posts a couple different ways, and although it works, my photos are all surrounded by a black-line box, with the clutter of words "Attachment" above the photo and more clutter of Image number, image size, views, etc below the photo. What should I do different to just have a clean photo (like other peoples) in my post without the box and clutter?

Below is a link to a post I made this morning as an example:

viewtopic.php?f=221&t=109952&start=15

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Question about photos in post....

Post by adelea »

I think you would need to use one of the image tags - which means that the images need to be hosted somewhere, rather than attached directly to the message.

Hosted elsewhere:

Attachment:
adara_20190204_02.jpg
adara_20190204_02.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 675 times
As for hosting images, I believe you can register and request a gallery at The Doll Album (see front page for link to register). Then you can upload there, get the actual URL and reference that in img / img600 tags.

High Country

Post by High Country »

^ Thanks! I am sure that is the right answer!

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

adalea is correct. We do have tutorials on TDF though (not that anyone ever looks at them lol)...

viewforum.php?f=123

High Country

Post by High Country »

Maviarab wrote: We do have tutorials on TDF though (not that anyone ever looks at them lol)...
Fear not, I actually did look there, and watched a tutorial video : ) But it just showed exactly what I was already doing : )

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Interesting.

The best thing to do though would be to register at the Doll Album. many hosting sites now are not allowing you to link from forums without paying fee's etc...all getting very messy. Host them here and you know you will have no problems, saves making accounts here, there and everywhere with hosting site :)

Mavi

INFORMATIONS