www.realistic-love-doll.com

Chinese New Year holidays

Realistic Love Doll is an authorized dealer on Love Dolls (Z-onedoll, WMDolls, Your Doll, Sanhui …) All prices include free shipping and a set of clothes.
Visit us at: www.realistic-love-doll.com
Shipment worldwide
Realistic Love Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Chinese New Year holidays

Post by Realistic Love Doll »

You are maybe all aware, but the CNY holidays are starting soon.

The last call to not miss the last train will be today and tomorrow. After that deadline the factories can't be sure the orders can be ship before the holidays.

All factories will close around the 9th of February. And will resume work around the 23rd, all orders will be start or resume this date !

Factories will be at full workers around end of February/early of March.

(During the holidays factory offices will still check mail and receive orders, and orders will be queued, we can expect a long waiting line the 23rd :) )

Cheers

Romain

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Chinese New Year holidays

Post by Hungry Bear »

I still, after 52 years on this earth, can not get my head around this. Shut down an entire country for a month? Not just China, but most of Asia!
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

Realistic Love Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

It's same as Christmas holidays in the west.

For China, you have to imagine that the workers come from all over the country, they need time to go back home (usually by bus or train, and it takes a few days), they only go home once a year so they will spend time with family.

The CNY is also for the workers the time to change work (and all over Asia as well), because it's the salary bonus time, people will change after this.

So all China will be closed for at least 2 weeks, all the economy is stopped as well.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

It is the same here, families move where the work is. If we are lucky, we get 2 weeks vacation time, to use all at once or several small breaks, but we don't do it all at the same time! Bonus? I havnt seen an annual bonus in more than 14 years. They are a thing of the past for most companies. For Christmas, most folks get 1 day off, maybe two, if it falls near a weekend.
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

Realistic Love Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

the CNY is pretty unique, it's very long. Usually holidays in China are a few days for the October and May period if I recall well.
But in total, they have quite some holidays (especially in office work), factory work is still long shifts but nothing to compare like 10 years ago.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

2080 hrs here for a year. Many work much more, lots work much less and burden those that have a work ethic. I'm 52, been workin since I was 14, and will have to work 17 more years for full retirement benefit, which is almost nothing. Sorry, don't mean to rant, just don't know how an entire region of the planet can shut down for 2 to 4 weeks without the whole thing falling apart.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

bearhunter wrote:I still, after 52 years on this earth, can not get my head around this. Shut down an entire country for a month? Not just China, but most of Asia!
Apparently the trips home for New Year celebrations in China are the largest annual movement of people in the world. A few years ago, there was a documentary made about a family in which the parents are the ones returning:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1512201/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_6

One of the themes of the film is how the family is dealing with the parents being away for so long, particularly in view of the social and economic changes going on in China in recent years.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

bearhunter wrote:2080 hrs here for a year. Many work much more, lots work much less and burden those that have a work ethic. I'm 52, been workin since I was 14, and will have to work 17 more years for full retirement benefit, which is almost nothing. Sorry, don't mean to rant, just don't know how an entire region of the planet can shut down for 2 to 4 weeks without the whole thing falling apart.
You have to consider what the current situation in China is. Many of the travellers come from rural regions, a number of which are poor. Family members often go to larger cities to find work in order to earn money to support their relatives back home. Getting transportation for the holidays is sometimes difficult due to the high demand during that time, so it's likely that many need to take time off well in advance in order to be guaranteed a seat on a train or plane. (It's probably like trying to fly on Christmas Eve, something I did a number of years ago. The lineups at the airline counters, as well as the security checks, were unbelievable!)

Maybe some of those workers put in a lot of overtime once they get back on the job in order to make up for when things were shut down.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

bowieshum
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bowieshum »

CNY is our biggest holiday, not everything will shut down. most of the retail and restaurant will open the 4th day of the CNY. i know that most company and factory will be close for like few weeks, i m actually going to travel to china to see my gf at the time.
i was planning to purchase a doll couple weeks ago, but i figure since i will be gone, why not wait until after the CHY.

INFORMATIONS