reallovesexdolls.com

First doll - one week in

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

First doll - one week in

Post by Hexapod »

My first doll arrived about a week ago, so I thought I'd post some initial thoughts...

Absolutely no problems with RLSD as a vendor, everything on that end was great! Delivery took about 4 weeks, so within expectations. Packaging was also fine (though I had a brief panic when I went to pick up the package because there was a box back in the "pickup area" that was the right size and shape and looked like the center of the box had been crushed and hastily taped up. Wasn't my box though, phew!)

I bought a 165cm D-cup because it seemed like one of the lighter of the full size dolls. I wanted lighter weight since this was my first experience, but also full size because the smaller bodies all look weirdly disproportionate to me in a very unappealing way. It was still a bit heavier than I expected, but not unmanageable and I've gotten used to it (though my back was a bit sore on day two.) It also has some unusual proportions, which I think are due to the lighter weight (less TPE.) The arms and legs are twig-like and look too skinny, but it's not as big a deal as overall height.

One thing I have discovered is a bit more of a problem with the proportions is clothing fits. The bra size is 28D and that seems very difficult to find, and even when I can find it a bra that costs $20 for most other sizes will be $60+ for 28D (presumably because they are rare special order situations?) The hips are also apparently more slim than is common, as even XS stuff can be a little loose.

I'm considering getting a different body and selling off this one while it's still fairly new. I've looked at the measurements of some of the other bodies and they seem a bit more within the range of women's clothing sizes. Or I might just wait and see how I feel 6-months or a year from now. Finding clothes has been frustrating, but not impossible, and I have found some cool outfits. But, if you're thinking of getting your first doll, make that a consideration. To RLSD's credit, I did measurements when the doll arrived and found the measurements on the website were 100% accurate, so you can probably use those as reliable guidelines.

I did get a makeup kit and brushes. I've never done makeup before, but checked a couple tutorials (I think Youtube must be a 25/25 split of makeup tutorials and people playing video games, with the other 50% some combination of cute animal videos and fail videos) and did some passable work. No slam against the manufacturers, but I like the custom makeup better, even if it is a newbie job.

I think I've slept better over the past week than I have in the past couple years. It's definitely a super-calming thing for me just to have another body in the bed. There are still moments of uncomfortableness on occasion because I tend to toss and turn and the doll isn't exactly flexible and doesn't roll over on it's own. But there was always awkwardness having another person in bed too and figuring out how to angle and wedge your limbs so you're comfortable and not gouging your partner in the back with your razor sharp elbows. When tossing around in bed does wake me up, I tend to get back to sleep immediately, instead of then sitting there awake for another hour.

I was a bit worried about my cats and how they would react. Mostly I was concerned about them clawing or biting and causing tears in the TPE. But so far they've been mildly curious, but non-destructive. I've found them curled up sleeping next to her on a couple of occasions. The worst damage they do is that apparently TPE is a magnet for cat hair! (Side note on that: when the powder starts wearing off and the TPE gets a little bit tacky again, rubbing it causes little bits of static electricity, which you can't feel but makes for a cool effect in a dark room.)

Overall, I'm happy with the decision. As I said, I might consider a different body that is a bit more realistic in its proportions, but I have no regrets about buying a doll in general. Her name is Paige, and it has been nice to have her around this week. No photos yet, but once I've gotten some nicer and better fitting clothes and some practice with posing and taking photos I'll come back here to post them.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: First doll - one week in

Post by Mr Franz »

Clothes can be a issue for dolls with disproportionate figures and size charts really don't help much. Not impossible though as you've discovered. Just takes a bit of trial and error. As far as bras are concerned. One tip, 28D is equivalent to a 32C or a 34B which are a lot easier to find. Not to mention a lot cheaper. Just stick with soft cup designs and avoid bras with underwire.

Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hexapod »

Mr Franz wrote:Clothes can be a issue for dolls with disproportionate figures and size charts really don't help much. Not impossible though as you've discovered. Just takes a bit of trial and error. As far as bras are concerned. One tip, 28D is equivalent to a 32C or a 34B which are a lot easier to find. Not to mention a lot cheaper. Just stick with soft cup designs and avoid bras with underwire.
Thanks for that advice. I sort of figured there was some equivalency amongst sizes from size charts that converted sizes to XS/S/M/L/XL but wasn't sure how to translate that yet. I've briefly considered coming out about the doll to one of my female friends who would probably be non-judgemental just to ask "how the hell do you figure this all out!?" (and also maybe to get makeup tips) :D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I learned all that stuff procuring wardrobe for models when I was in the video production biz. S/M/L designations vary quite a bit one item to the next. There's really no accurate size conversion. YouTube is a good source for make-up tips, wig fitment and so forth.

Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hexapod »

So, I knew that life would throw some sort of curveball at me. Just found out that a friend of mine needs a place to stay for the next month while he finds a new living situation. So probably for the next month I'll need to put Paige and all clothes/accessories in deep storage. Though, he's a friend who has come out to me and some other friends on some fringe fetishes, so I can probably trust him not to be too loose lipped if he discovered anything.

INFORMATIONS