reallovesexdolls.com

Platinum TPE?

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
CNR007

Platinum TPE?

Post by CNR007 »

I see on the RLSD site that there is a new "Platinum TPE". Has anyone seen it? I have both TPE and Platinum Silicone dolls and wonder what kind of difference to expect.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Platinum TPE?

Post by PDutus »

Hi,

My JY175 has the "Platinum TPE" option, which JY have recently started offering. It is an oil-free formulation, as I understand it.

I think the use of the word "platinum" is to signify a higher quality product (as in "platinum mastercard"), as opposed to there actually being any platinum in the TPE formulation, but I stand to be corrected.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

It's a marketing gimmick started by D4e/Piper....nothing more.

zzdoll33
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zzdoll33 »

On their FAQ page https://www.jydoll.com/faq.html they explain:

- Normal TPE is our standard TPE from beginning when we established our factory.
- Jelly TPE (Super Soft TPE), when you shake, slap, hit, it will offer you more enjoyable visual effect and body effect.
- Platinum TPE is that we called no-oil TPE, it has all the advantages above and No-oil. So you don’t need to take much time for nursing, no need to take Talcum powder every time after movement.

If you select a doll with the Platinum TPE option, the selector button reads <Platinum TPE(no-oil)>

Also I saw somewhere that that No-Oil TPE takes longer to process (cure), therefore and to be safe the vendor/manufacturer adds 1 week to the manufacturing.

Apparently the final product is slightly lighter than otherwise and require less maintenance, so, I think, a good option.

CNR007

Post by CNR007 »

So it ends up possibly lighter and easier to handle with the leeching of the oil later on. Once cured is there a difference with the TPE smell? I was thinking that the platinum term was possibly a curing process that might make it more similar to the silicone process. Silicone seems a little stronger, doesn't bleed the oil out over time, has less of a scent, and doesn't stain as easily as the TPE does. Just the oil shedding itself could make a difference, it can stain sheets on a bed, etc.

Hopefully they will have samples soon.
Thank you!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Platinum silicone, is platinum-cured silicone (like in the past they used tin-cured silicone), so it's really about platinum used to catalyze the curing process.

Like Mavi said, platinum TPE is just marketing lingo, it has nothing to do with the chemical element Pt.

CNR007

Post by CNR007 »

Thank you for the clarification. So it will come down to whether or not the oil removal makes the end result better or not. More reason to see a sample.

AlexGnr
Ex-Member

Post by AlexGnr »

PDutus wrote:Hi,

My JY175 has the "Platinum TPE" option, which JY have recently started offering. It is an oil-free formulation, as I understand it.

I think the use of the word "platinum" is to signify a higher quality product (as in "platinum mastercard"), as opposed to there actually being any platinum in the TPE formulation, but I stand to be corrected.
Hello!

How can it be oil free?
If it's oil free then it's not TPE. Maybe TPR or something else.
Currently TPE chemistry is impossible without adding oil as plasticizer. That's simply how TPE is produced. Maybe they invented something new though...

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

AlexGnr wrote:
PDutus wrote:Hi,

Hello!

How can it be oil free?
If it's oil free then it's not TPE. Maybe TPR or something else.
Currently TPE chemistry is impossible without adding oil as plasticizer. That's simply how TPE is produced. Maybe they invented something new though...
I should have said “low oil”, not oil-free. JY describe it on their website as “few oil” :) It most certainly isn’t TPR. It is very very good, soft without being too soft and pretty durable.

There is very little smell and none of my three JYs has left any oil stains.

Sophie, my JY175, has been with me now for 18 months and her TPE is as good as when she arrived. If given the choice, I wouldn’t go for anything else.
My girls:

AlexGnr
Ex-Member

Post by AlexGnr »

PDutus wrote:I should have said “low oil”, not oil-free. JY describe it on their website as “few oil” :) It most certainly isn’t TPR. It is very very good, soft without being too soft and pretty durable.

Sophie, my JY175, has been with me now for 18 months and her TPE is as good as when she arrived. If given the choice, I wouldn’t go for anything else.
Ah, OK, “few oil” makes sense:)
And if you have by chance a WM doll it would be nice to compare their material side by side, which is better.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

AlexGnr wrote:
PDutus wrote:I should have said “low oil”, not oil-free. JY describe it on their website as “few oil” :) It most certainly isn’t TPR. It is very very good, soft without being too soft and pretty durable.

Ah, OK, “few oil” makes sense:)
And if you have by chance a WM doll it would be nice to compare their material side by side, which is better.
Hi. I have had a WM17B since last February. She has cocoa skin tone. Her TPE (the standard WM version) is a little softer than the JY Platinum, but not as durable - I managed to make a small tear in her upper right arm not long after she arrived. My fault: fingernail a bit too long, but I don't think it would have happened with the JY Platinum, which is the better TPE in my view.

If WM do a "Platinum" TPE, it would be interesting to see how it compares with the JY.
My girls:

INFORMATIONS