reallovesexdolls.com

Oil Spot on my Sheet

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
DK88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oil Spot on my Sheet

Post by DK88 »

Hello everyone just got my 163H Jasmine from RLSD loving it so far, but got concerned recently. I took Jasmine off the bed today and I noticed a discoloration on my sheet, its like grease spot on it and kinda looks like the shadow of my doll. Literally looks like a giant fried chicken was on it. Now my fitted sheet for my bed is 100% cotton and its white, is cotton a material known to leech oil from the doll? Secondly i bought baby oil and applied some to her back, but i noticed like a white residue was coming off. Am I correct in assuming that its the powder used to keep the skin soft. Hope i didnt mess anything up your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Oil Spot on my Sheet

Post by Mr Franz »

Yes, some dolls will leach oil for a time. You do need to wash them several times to get all the factory muck off before you start oiling and powdering though. It's wash 1st, let dry completely, oil as needed- (please note a "New" doll probably will not need oiling for several months), then powder. If oiling wait for the oil to completely absorb before powdering.

DK88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DK88 »

Mr Franz wrote:Yes, some dolls will leach oil for a time. You do need to wash them several times to get all the factory muck off before you start oiling and powdering though. It's wash 1st, let dry completely, oil as needed- (please note a "New" doll probably will not need oiling for several months), then powder. If oiling wait for the oil to completely absorb before powdering.
Ah okay. I read in a pervious thread that washing wasn't needed as it done at the factory. Not for nothing but when I opened the box she was immaculate no residue. Now I have the premium cleanser from RLSD does it work like a body wash? As in I apply it on a microfiber and scrub her with it?

Thanks again.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Its been my experience that oil spots form on furniture in places when the tpe gets put under pressure. I have a free style weight bench and when I sat my Taylor doll on it for a while she left oil spots where her butt was. Also like on your sheets if they are like 100% natural like cotton then they will be more absorbent. So if you have like a spring/coil style mattress then its possible the springs put uneven pressure in spots on her back side as she's laying down. So that in combination with the natural fibers would result in like a slow siphoning effect. (The pressure on back combined with the absorbency of cotton would suck out oil some.) I personally haven't had the issues of oil on the bed but I have a gel memory foam mattress and I keep my dolls wrapped in their blanket when in the bed. Helps protect their skin from abrasions and keeps hands and fingers protected from being bent etc. So after giving yours a wash -> dry -> powder you could try folding up your dolls blanket a couple times and putting it underneath her and leave just enough unfolded to lay a layer across her. That will create some extra cushion under her. I've noticed too like with clothes if you get stuff that's super tight it will squeeze the tpe and that's how the stains happen when the oil hits cheaper made clothing the dye gets loosened and sets on the tpe where the pressure points are. So sorry for the book reply but just thought I'd toss that your way! :D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

DK88 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:Yes, some dolls will leach oil for a time. You do need to wash them several times to get all the factory muck off before you start oiling and powdering though. It's wash 1st, let dry completely, oil as needed- (please note a "New" doll probably will not need oiling for several months), then powder. If oiling wait for the oil to completely absorb before powdering.
Ah okay. I read in a pervious thread that washing wasn't needed as it done at the factory. Not for nothing but when I opened the box she was immaculate no residue. Now I have the premium cleanser from RLSD does it work like a body wash? As in I apply it on a microfiber and scrub her with it?

Thanks again.
Don't know about the cleanser, never used it. I just give my gal a sponge bath as needed using about a teaspoon of Dawn in a couple quarts of warm water. Could be they're doing something different now, but my doll is less than a year old and it took about 3 washes to get all the factory muck off. Aside from a very small spot when I 1st got her, my doll has never leached any oil. I do store her standing though.

DK88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DK88 »

Zippy81- thanks for the reply all of useful info here. I do have a spring mattress and it's pretty stiff. Are there materials for bedding that you can recommend that is not super absorbent like that?
Mr. Franz- what kind of sponge do you use? For a second I was think of using the exfoliating bath sponge i use on myself.

cptchris

Post by cptchris »

I thought this was normal since my WM leaves patches on the sheets if any part of her touches it overnight. I keep her on her shipping fleece since that appears to be mostly polyester and doesn't show the oil patches.

I've not given my sweetheart a real bath yet though and she's been with me 6 months. She gets bed baths though.
My beautiful dolls
Gemma WM157B with head #57: at The Doll Album
Angel WM155G with head #36: at The Doll Album
Rachel KimberDoll with head WM#57: at The Doll Album

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

DK88 wrote:Mr. Franz- what kind of sponge do you use? For a second I was think of using the exfoliating bath sponge i use on myself.
I just use an ordinary 3x5 kitchen sponge and a standard terry wash cloth. I don't really scrub though, just a gentle standing wipe down.

DK88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DK88 »

cptchris wrote:I thought this was normal since my WM leaves patches on the sheets if any part of her touches it overnight. I keep her on her shipping fleece since that appears to be mostly polyester and doesn't show the oil patches.

I've not given my sweetheart a real bath yet though and she's been with me 6 months. She gets bed baths though.
Whats crazy though is I had her for a couple of days on the bed. Im waiting on the industrial rack from RLSD, im literally counting down the days because it would make her easier move around the apartment for maintenance. Though I am still curious about the Premium Foam Cleanser from RLSD, I'm completely clueless on how to use it.

DK88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DK88 »

I do store her standing though
I'm curious are you standing her on her own two feet or another method?

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

DK88 wrote:Zippy81- thanks for the reply all of useful info here. I do have a spring mattress and it's pretty stiff. Are there materials for bedding that you can recommend that is not super absorbent like that?
Mr. Franz- what kind of sponge do you use? For a second I was think of using the exfoliating bath sponge i use on myself.

Welcome! Well the sheets i use are like velvet microfiber and they are stain resistant. The times i have had my dolls on them there was no stains left behind. But as i mentioned before I also have a memory foam mattress and i like to keep them in the blankets they came with during sleep time. So for your situation with the 163H on a stiff spring mattress there is probably allot of pressure being created on her back side just by her own weight. I'd think about going the microfiber route and maybe think about getting a small memory foam matress to help create some cushioning between her and the bed. Maybe put the memory foam matress down underneath then her microfiber blanket on top of that. :D

p.s. (as a side note) if you've ever taken the factory eyes out you'll notice that the material in the eye cavity isn't actually cotton its like a synthetic fleece like material. If it were cotton it would draw out oil from touching the eye socket walls. So the idea is you want a synthetic soft material so microfiber is probably your best option. Its what the shipping blankets are made of.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

DK88 wrote:
I do store her standing though
I'm curious are you standing her on her own two feet or another method?
Yes. I have the standing foot option and Jyoti stands fully clothed including shoes and socks the majority of the time, leaning back against the wall.

INFORMATIONS