reallovesexdolls.com

WM Dolls Hinged Neck or Gooseneck, we want to hear from you!

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!

Default Neck Style for WM Dolls purchased from RLSD

Hinged Neck
81%
Newly Improved Gooseneck
19%

Total votes: 26

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: WM Dolls Hinged Neck or Gooseneck, we want to hear from

Post by AGL »

I have both, and personally like the hinged neck better. The main reason is that I really dislike the noise of the gooseneck. Also, the hinged neck just feels sturdier to me.

So my vote would be for the hinged neck.

atallisa
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by atallisa »

Confirmed, the doll I got has a gooseneck.

I don't have a lot of experience with these, but my dolls head is at a 10-15 degree rotation to the left side and I'm pretty sure that the gooseneck is the reason.

And yes it is also noisy when you move it.
It does feel extremely strong though.

I pulled the neck back a little bit to see the inside and it looks like the wires are sheathed inside some sort of flexible conduit.

Sofia dolll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sofia dolll »

I have no idea if mine is a hindged or goose? I thought it was hindged but now think it could be goose. Also I thought goose was very floppy and that if you move it into place it springs back into the same original position. My wm170 neck is very strong and sturdy and stays in place. Also it is a screw on head type

Atsuma

Post by Atsuma »

I have absolutely no idea what the difference is between a gooseneck and hinged neck. It would be nice if RLSD clearly defined the differences.

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

Definitely must be Hinged Neck.
DL2
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

I have no preference (so far) and have no experience of the hinged neck. For the record. Ami has a goose neck she's nearly 2 1/2 years old and although she has problems, the gooseneck isn't one of them, her head is stable and for the most part creak free, unmodded, except for a couple of washers to stop her head unscrewing.

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I've got at least 2 of each. I'd rather keep having to tighten a hinged neck (like I do my JY) than put up with a barely poseable, creaking, weak spot that will eventually break or come loose if you use the doll for oral, so you don't. Nor do you turn her head towards you during sex, because you know that flimsy piece of flex conduit can only be bent a finite number of times before it fails. So you don't. This makes them last longer, but be less fun.
If you use your hinged neck doll for oral, she will get loose. Soon, you cannot comb her hair, and eventually, can't hold the head up at all, not to mention, subject to fall over at any time because the head suddenly flopped, causing the whole doll to topple. In this condition, the hinged neck doll gives a champion blowjob. Quiet, too. And a 1" incision in the back of the neck, at the double joint, hidden by hair, gives you access to tighten or loosen that neck at will. Sometimes you WANT it loose. I usually have it super tight. That way, you can pose the neck in ANY position it is capable of, and it will stay. It's the best of both worlds, and doesn't make distracting sounds during sex.

La88
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by La88 »

I have dolls with hinged necks and they are solid and can sometimes even support the weight of the doll to some degree face down.
Begog - very good points! I'm very careful with my dolls fingers too and rarely move them if at all.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Begog does have some good points. I can say that the gooseneck in my 140 broke, something snapped inside. I don't know what, because I don't know what they're made up of inside. But even with that break, she can still hold her head up halfway decent. I just have to pose her head slow so it doesn't drop. It broke last year and hasn't gotten any worse. I also never hang either of my girls by the neck, they stay in bed or on the couch. Oddly enough, that 2-1/2 year old broken gooseneck in my 140 doesn't creak, but the one in my new 156 does. The noise doesn't bother me though.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

With all the excitement of getting Kelsi's new body yesterday, I hadn't even thought about hinged necks or goosenecks. But just now as I was bringing the girls to bed, I noticed that Kelsi's neck makes no sound. Sakura is only a month or so older, and she definitely has a gooseneck that does creak, but as I said it doesn't bother me at all. So with the two of them lying together, I felt around their necks and sure enough, Kelsi has a hinged neck. I could feel the joint inside. That would explain why hers is so quiet. I have only had her new body for two days so it's probably too early to have a preference yet, but I would have to say the advantage goes to the hinged for me. But my dolls' circumstances May differ from others. I do not hang my dolls, so that is a non issue for me. I also don't use them for oral because I don't like the bulging eyes, so that is a non issue. Pretty much for me it's just about the posing ability, and it seems like over time if you move the neck alot the gooseneck gets looser and more prone to break. Kelsi's old body had that problem, after about a year and a half I laid her on the bed and heard a snap in her neck. It didn't get all floppy, it just got loose. This is where the hinged seems better to me, because as mentioned before, it can be tightened when it gets loose. I'd venture that if you knew what size of Allen key to use and where the screw was, you could access it by poking just big enough of a hole to get the key through.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

BWheeler1 wrote:With all the excitement of getting Kelsi's new body yesterday, I hadn't even thought about hinged necks or goosenecks. But just now as I was bringing the girls to bed, I noticed that Kelsi's neck makes no sound. Sakura is only a month or so older, and she definitely has a gooseneck that does creak, but as I said it doesn't bother me at all. So with the two of them lying together, I felt around their necks and sure enough, Kelsi has a hinged neck. I could feel the joint inside. That would explain why hers is so quiet. I have only had her new body for two days so it's probably too early to have a preference yet, but I would have to say the advantage goes to the hinged for me. But my dolls' circumstances May differ from others. I do not hang my dolls, so that is a non issue for me. I also don't use them for oral because I don't like the bulging eyes, so that is a non issue. Pretty much for me it's just about the posing ability, and it seems like over time if you move the neck alot the gooseneck gets looser and more prone to break. Kelsi's old body had that problem, after about a year and a half I laid her on the bed and heard a snap in her neck. It didn't get all floppy, it just got loose. This is where the hinged seems better to me, because as mentioned before, it can be tightened when it gets loose. I'd venture that if you knew what size of Allen key to use and where the screw was, you could access it by poking just big enough of a hole to get the key through.
Try a 17mm open end wrench and a 1 inch incision. That's what my JY requires. Probably the same skeleton.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Begog wrote:
BWheeler1 wrote:With all the excitement of getting Kelsi's new body yesterday, I hadn't even thought about hinged necks or goosenecks. But just now as I was bringing the girls to bed, I noticed that Kelsi's neck makes no sound. Sakura is only a month or so older, and she definitely has a gooseneck that does creak, but as I said it doesn't bother me at all. So with the two of them lying together, I felt around their necks and sure enough, Kelsi has a hinged neck. I could feel the joint inside. That would explain why hers is so quiet. I have only had her new body for two days so it's probably too early to have a preference yet, but I would have to say the advantage goes to the hinged for me. But my dolls' circumstances May differ from others. I do not hang my dolls, so that is a non issue for me. I also don't use them for oral because I don't like the bulging eyes, so that is a non issue. Pretty much for me it's just about the posing ability, and it seems like over time if you move the neck alot the gooseneck gets looser and more prone to break. Kelsi's old body had that problem, after about a year and a half I laid her on the bed and heard a snap in her neck. It didn't get all floppy, it just got loose. This is where the hinged seems better to me, because as mentioned before, it can be tightened when it gets loose. I'd venture that if you knew what size of Allen key to use and where the screw was, you could access it by poking just big enough of a hole to get the key through.
Try a 17mm open end wrench and a 1 inch incision. That's what my JY requires. Probably the same skeleton.
Really, a 17mm? That's pretty big for a joint like that, but then, it isn't exactly like I can see it. I would've thought it would be an Allen key like the other joints I've tightened. But it isn't like I'll have to worry about that for a while, I only got this new body Friday. When the time comes, whatever it is, I'll tighten it. Like you said, if it's a one inch incision, that's easy to hide. Plus, I've become pretty good at repairs. If I can fix a chewed up elbow with a hole so big you could see the entire joint, i can make a little incision invisible.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

BWheeler1 wrote:
Begog wrote:
Really, a 17mm? That's pretty big for a joint like that, but then, it isn't exactly like I can see it. I would've thought it would be an Allen key like the other joints I've tightened. But it isn't like I'll have to worry about that for a while, I only got this new body Friday. When the time comes, whatever it is, I'll tighten it. Like you said, if it's a one inch incision, that's easy to hide. Plus, I've become pretty good at repairs. If I can fix a chewed up elbow with a hole so big you could see the entire joint, i can make a little incision invisible.
First time I did it, I left the hole unsealed, in case I needed to tighten it some more or soon. Months later, when it got loose again, I noticed the wound had healed! 8O Crazy how it rebonds like that. Does it every time. Baby oil seems to help the process. Only works like that on wounds that remain closed and don't gape.
:glou:

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Yeah, it will seal up again. The way I close wounds on TPE is with a hot knife. I heat up a knife and slide it inside the wound while pushing it closed. I can seal one up and leave nothing but a line now. But having to cut a piece of TPE from a test piece and graft it in, that leaves a more noticeable "scar". It's sealed up and strong, just noticeable.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

I haven't purchased through RLSD but I have a doll with both neck styles and I dislike the gooseneck. The gooseneck creaks when you move the doll. The pose doesn't stay as nice and precise as with the hinged. What I will say is the hinged neck is harder to move when its new. And you cant get a tightened down head to turn just a little extra towards the direction that the head screws down. The head will spring back because the pipe wants to twist back.

INFORMATIONS