reallovesexdolls.com

3 fingers just pulled out from the metal skeleton hand

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

3 fingers just pulled out from the metal skeleton hand

Post by Lindzee69 »

WOW - was just moving her to change clothes and noticed her right hand fingers were all goofy - 3 fingers broken - detached from the metal hand, the thumb and pinky still attached. Anyway to fix this? Like push them back into the hand? :(

RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: 3 fingers just pulled out from the metal skeleton hand

Post by RGC_0767 »

Lindzee69 wrote:WOW - was just moving her to change clothes and noticed her right hand fingers were all goofy - 3 fingers broken - detached from the metal hand, the thumb and pinky still attached. Anyway to fix this? Like push them back into the hand? :(
Some dolls I've read posts this is possible. But many dolls it is not.
My lady and her 3 middle fingers broke. Thumb and pinky were fine, just like you say with yours.
Feel around the palm. Wires break at the metal palm. Or at the flex tubing where wires come out.
In most cases surgery is needed to repair the floppy fingers. If your doll is WM, it looks something like this:
Hand-WM.jpg

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

RGC_0767 wrote:
Lindzee69 wrote:WOW - was just moving her to change clothes and noticed her right hand fingers were all goofy - 3 fingers broken - detached from the metal hand, the thumb and pinky still attached. Anyway to fix this? Like push them back into the hand? :(
Some dolls I've read posts this is possible. But many dolls it is not.
My lady and her 3 middle fingers broke. Thumb and pinky were fine, just like you say with yours.
Feel around the palm. Wires break at the metal palm. Or at the flex tubing where wires come out.
In most cases surgery is needed to repair the floppy fingers. If your doll is WM, it looks something like this:
Hand-WM.jpg
Wow - thank you so much. I can feel where the finger wires pulled out and the lose ends have not broken thru the skin. I will try and put them back in and if not successful will put a glove or something on her hand. I have been very careful with this doll since I got her but really the hands and feet take the most abuse just moving the doll around - she is 90lbs so :)

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

These dolls are really built well and I find it amazing how they mold the TPE to the skeleton - this doll is SO REAL. I'm sure many doll owners break their dolls fingers like this when she is on the floor like this - the hands and fingers take some of the pressure.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Lindzee69 wrote:These dolls are really built well and I find it amazing how they mold the TPE to the skeleton - this doll is SO REAL. I'm sure many doll owners break their dolls fingers like this when she is on the floor like this - the hands and fingers take some of the pressure.
It is best to pose using forearms, and not put a lot of pressure on the hands/wrists. Broken finger wires have been a very common problem. Too common. Wires they use are very thin.
I've replaced one hand on my lady. The other is now due. It's not too difficult to fix. One small incision on the palm, and it can be worked with. TPE is very stretchy and quite forgiving.
There are many finger repair threads. Here is one. Gives you an idea of what you may see. viewtopic.php?f=229&t=100140

And this video is probably the best ever made thus far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqftsp9k8k
Crazycajun passed away in April, but his ideas live on!! RiP CC

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

RGC_0767 wrote:
Lindzee69 wrote:These dolls are really built well and I find it amazing how they mold the TPE to the skeleton - this doll is SO REAL. I'm sure many doll owners break their dolls fingers like this when she is on the floor like this - the hands and fingers take some of the pressure.
It is best to pose using forearms, and not put a lot of pressure on the hands/wrists. Broken finger wires have been a very common problem. Too common. Wires they use are very thin.
I've replaced one hand on my lady. The other is now due. It's not too difficult to fix. One small incision on the palm, and it can be worked with. TPE is very stretchy and quite forgiving.
There are many finger repair threads. Here is one. Gives you an idea of what you may see. viewtopic.php?f=229&t=100140

And this video is probably the best ever made thus far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqftsp9k8k
Hey Thank you so much. The video really helps understand how they are put together. Right now it is no big deal but I 'm sure one day I will be doing surgery on her hand.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Lindzee69 wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:

Hey Thank you so much. The video really helps understand how they are put together. Right now it is no big deal but I 'm sure one day I will be doing surgery on her hand.
One thing CC did in his video I've found he did struggle with a little bit was cutting the skin. He was after all just like everyone, learning the ropes.
Using sharp scissors and stabbing into skin, then snipping the incision is easier than using a knife blade.
TPE cuts nicer with sharp scissors than with a knife. (My experience)
Silicone cuts nice with a sharp blade. Have seen a video of a guy using a blade on a silicone doll, he did make a nice clean cut with a sharp blade.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

In the 2+ years I've had my doll, I've had to make a few tpe repairs. I've found that the easiest way for me is to use a hot knife. I've become pretty good at making the exact cut I want. Both elbows got holes over time, not just from leaning against hard surfaces but also I believe from sharp edges on the joints kind of chewing away at the tpe from the inside. The way I fixed mine was to feel around and cut back to good solid tpe and then cut a slice from one of RLSD's handy test pieces to fill it. I get it to fit nice, then just use the hot knife to melt it together at each edge. The repairs don't look perfect, but they've gotten better as I've improved and to me they just add character to her. Kind of like how RLSD says minor imperfections are "birthmarks", these are just scars. Of course, you really want to be right up near an exhaust fan because you don't want to be breathing those fumes in.
As far as the fingers, mine went long ago. I planned on making new finger "bones" with joints at each digit, but i didn't like the first couple of tries. I ended up just making an incision in her palms and completely removing the finger wires from where they go together and just leaving her fingers hang loose.

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

BWheeler1 wrote:In the 2+ years I've had my doll, I've had to make a few tpe repairs. I've found that the easiest way for me is to use a hot knife. I've become pretty good at making the exact cut I want. Both elbows got holes over time, not just from leaning against hard surfaces but also I believe from sharp edges on the joints kind of chewing away at the tpe from the inside. The way I fixed mine was to feel around and cut back to good solid tpe and then cut a slice from one of RLSD's handy test pieces to fill it. I get it to fit nice, then just use the hot knife to melt it together at each edge. The repairs don't look perfect, but they've gotten better as I've improved and to me they just add character to her. Kind of like how RLSD says minor imperfections are "birthmarks", these are just scars. Of course, you really want to be right up near an exhaust fan because you don't want to be breathing those fumes in.
As far as the fingers, mine went long ago. I planned on making new finger "bones" with joints at each digit, but i didn't like the first couple of tries. I ended up just making an incision in her palms and completely removing the finger wires from where they go together and just leaving her fingers hang loose.
Thanks for the info. My doll is in storage since we are moving so in like a month I will get to doing surgery on her hand to fix the fingers. Once the 3 finger wires come loose they can poke thru the finger tips so I have her hand all bandaged up. After watching 2 videos of this and what to expect I will cut thru the palm of the hand and try and reattach the finger wires to the palm plate or just remove them. Wires poking thru the finger tips can be a hazard to... :)

Jamielin

Post by Jamielin »

How long have you had her? I try to keep Indigos fingers covered as much as possible. I’m scared of them breaking off.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Jamielin wrote:How long have you had her? I try to keep Indigos fingers covered as much as possible. I’m scared of them breaking off.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how long you've had her so much as how much you move and pose her fingers. The wires on my 140 started breaking within a month or so. But I was constantly moving her fingers. Now I've had my 156 for a few weeks and I haven't moved her fingers at all. What I'd get out of posing her fingers just isn't worth it to me to risk the eventual breakage. And they WILL break. For example, take a piece of hard copper house electrical wire and keep bending it back and forth. It's going to break, right? Of course. Well that's exactly what our dolls' fingers are made of. They just have some steel wire wrapped around them farther down into the palm is all. So if you take that piece of house wire and keep bending it, it'll break right away. But if you hardly ever bend it, it lasts longer. I tend to turn to my 140 that I removed the finger wires from for situations where the fingers would be moved because they just hang like gummy worms.
Another time the fingers get moved is while dressing the doll. A good tip I read on here a while back was to put your hand through the sleeve backwards, grab her hand, and just pull the sleeve from your hand over hers. That way you protect the fingers while the sleeve goes over them. Someone also mentioned posing with forearms instead of the hands, and that is another good idea. That way you spread the pressure across the entire forearm and not concentrate it on the hand or wrist.

One of these days, they'll come up with a better design for fingers than wires. Having come up with a few designs myself and trying a couple out on my 140, I can say that one of the things hindering the process is most likely the fact that with the fingers being so thin, it's hard to get a joint that is both strong enough not to break and small enough that it doesn't stretch the tpe too thin over it to where it wears through and punctures it too easily. Those were the two problems that I kept running into, but I am still thinking about it.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

BWheeler1 wrote:
Jamielin wrote:How long have you had her? I try to keep Indigos fingers covered as much as possible. I’m scared of them breaking off.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how long you've had her so much as how much you move and pose her fingers. The wires on my 140 started breaking within a month or so. But I was constantly moving her fingers. Now I've had my 156 for a few weeks and I haven't moved her fingers at all. What I'd get out of posing her fingers just isn't worth it to me to risk the eventual breakage. And they WILL break. For example, take a piece of hard copper house electrical wire and keep bending it back and forth. It's going to break, right? Of course. Well that's exactly what our dolls' fingers are made of. They just have some steel wire wrapped around them farther down into the palm is all. So if you take that piece of house wire and keep bending it, it'll break right away. But if you hardly ever bend it, it lasts longer. I tend to turn to my 140 that I removed the finger wires from for situations where the fingers would be moved because they just hang like gummy worms.
Another time the fingers get moved is while dressing the doll. A good tip I read on here a while back was to put your hand through the sleeve backwards, grab her hand, and just pull the sleeve from your hand over hers. That way you protect the fingers while the sleeve goes over them. Someone also mentioned posing with forearms instead of the hands, and that is another good idea. That way you spread the pressure across the entire forearm and not concentrate it on the hand or wrist.

One of these days, they'll come up with a better design for fingers than wires. Having come up with a few designs myself and trying a couple out on my 140, I can say that one of the things hindering the process is most likely the fact that with the fingers being so thin, it's hard to get a joint that is both strong enough not to break and small enough that it doesn't stretch the tpe too thin over it to where it wears through and punctures it too easily. Those were the two problems that I kept running into, but I am still thinking about it.
Majority of the time wire will sever where they meet palm plate. (about mid palm give or take.) Always best not to put any pressure on wrists at all.
I made a set of wire fingers from telephone wire 3 strands twisted, then coil wrapped with a bare copper wire. Then covered with heat shrink. They've stood up to a mangling. They do not grip great, but they'll absorb the blows. 4 months now, and they've held up to some careless abuse purposely. LOL
Made a different pair for the other hand. I like the telephone twist as far as durability better.
Myself, do not have her holding onto much anyway.
Made this set with a rotational wrist. Wrist works amazing, fingers are just me playing around as joke. But they're quite tough too LOL
Have yet to see if I can fit for the doll.
Hand02.jpg
Plastic fingers. 3 knuckles. still not strong for grip, but will hold up to some twisting and beating :) wrist contraption will pivot the same as those human things...
LOL
just having a bit of fun, it is a hobby, right?

Taurusloverofdolls

Post by Taurusloverofdolls »

I just joined the community, waiting for my dolls from RLSD, looking for tips. Thank you all for sharing great info. Hope the finger projects went well.

INFORMATIONS