www.wmdolls.com

hiding your doll from judgmental people

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: hiding your doll from judgmental people

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I am fortunate that my wife is very supportive of my having dolls. Our kids are grown and do not know. She is very much against telling them, as she considers it a private matter between a married couple. While I understand and respect her view, I think letting the kids (26 and 23) in on it would help take out the mystery of why my "music room" is always locked.

I had one group of acquaintances with whom I was going to share but when dolls came up in a conversation, these folks were judgmental in a ridiculing way. I will be telling my friends that I have known for 30+ years. I KNOW they will be supportive and likely want to "feel up" my dolls. :lol:

In another thread DP mentioned the double standard we have. Somehow it is acceptable, empowering and "sexy" for women to have a variety of artificial disembodied penises to use to pleasure them selves because they can't find a man who can/will to their liking. But men and women who have full size replicas of a complete person are "weird" and a glass penis colored like a candy cane isn't. Hmmmm.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

TJ_Foxx wrote:I am fortunate that my wife is very supportive of my having dolls. Our kids are grown and do not know. She is very much against telling them, as she considers it a private matter between a married couple. While I understand and respect her view, I think letting the kids (26 and 23) in on it would help take out the mystery of why my "music room" is always locked.

I had one group of acquaintances with whom I was going to share but when dolls came up in a conversation, these folks were judgmental in a ridiculing way. I will be telling my friends that I have known for 30+ years. I KNOW they will be supportive and likely want to "feel up" my dolls. :lol:

In another thread DP mentioned the double standard we have. Somehow it is acceptable, empowering and "sexy" for women to have a variety of artificial disembodied penises to use to pleasure them selves because they can't find a man who can/will to their liking. But men and women who have full size replicas of a complete person are "weird" and a glass penis colored like a candy cane isn't. Hmmmm.
To take this notion a little further, I find it odd that a dildo, an object which I would think would be difficult to personify, identify, and develop an emotional attachment to, is perfectly okay to keep around.

But, I thought sex was supposed to be "special", and "a bonding experience"...oO(?) If this is the case, how can one bond with a dildo? How does one cuddle with a dildo? Can one passionately kiss a dildo, and feel a genuine connection with it?

If anything, doll owners are some of the sanest and most "normal" people I have ever met. If we were to follow the logic of those who mock and ridicule the idea of a love doll in one's life, dildo owners should be slut-shamed for having a meaningless sexual relationship with an object which does not resemble a human at all. Most of us have a meaningful relationship with our dolls that brings out our inner love, and makes us better people. It's not just about physical gratification.

Just sayin'. :)
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

I wish there was a fetish community in this town, but the main thing we have is a heavy religious community, and a "community' of old drunks that hang around the many bars. It would be nice to have people to talk about rob with. I've made this whole backstory for him, and I can't tell people. (I prolly shouldn't anyway cuz its pretty fucked up.) I'm honestly debating on telling my dads home health aid about him openly. I brought it up in passing before, and was met with judgement and underhanded ridicule. I just feel like if I came out and told her, I could stop hiding it, and being ashamed of something in my own home. I've also thought that maybe she would't be judgmental (or she would hide it) and I could have someone to help me get rob a Christmas present.
Just a Catholic girl in love with a Catholic cowboy.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Ur_ginger_girl wrote:I wish there was a fetish community in this town, but the main thing we have is a heavy religious community, and a "community' of old drunks that hang around the many bars.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you're either in or near the Bible belt.
Ur_ginger_girl wrote:It would be nice to have people to talk about rob with. I've made this whole backstory for him, and I can't tell people. (I prolly shouldn't anyway cuz its pretty fucked up.)
You can tell us! And it's not fscked up in the slightest for your doll to have a backstory, even if it's a bit dark and/or disturbing. My beautiful May (short for "Meixiang"), who was my first doll (the doll to whom I lost my "doll virginity" :)), introduced herself to the forum here.
--
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 84#p721684

Isabelle (I call her "Issy" for short), the alter ego of May with a different head introduces herself immediately after. You can see that they are polar opposites. :D
Ur_ginger_girl wrote:I'm honestly debating on telling my dads home health aid about him openly. I brought it up in passing before, and was met with judgement and underhanded ridicule. I just feel like if I came out and told her, I could stop hiding it, and being ashamed of something in my own home. I've also thought that maybe she would't be judgmental (or she would hide it) and I could have someone to help me get rob a Christmas present.
Well, whatever it is you decide to do, know that we support you here, and that you are perfectly welcome to come to this forum and talk about Rob, or ask us questions any time you feel like doing so. If you don't feel comfortable doing so publicly, you're also welcome to send private messages (if you have any questions about which you feel a little uncertain, or even embarassed, please feel free to PM me).

We're all doll lovers here. There is nothing you can say here about Rob, or your relationship with him that we won't understand.

Cheers to you and Rob! :D

:glou:

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

deadpringle wrote:
Ur_ginger_girl wrote:I wish there was a fetish community in this town, but the main thing we have is a heavy religious community, and a "community' of old drunks that hang around the many bars.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you're either in or near the Bible belt.
Ur_ginger_girl wrote:It would be nice to have people to talk about rob with. I've made this whole backstory for him, and I can't tell people. (I prolly shouldn't anyway cuz its pretty fucked up.)
You can tell us! And it's not fscked up in the slightest for your doll to have a backstory, even if it's a bit dark and/or disturbing. My beautiful May (short for "Meixiang"), who was my first doll (the doll to whom I lost my "doll virginity" :)), introduced herself to the forum here.
--
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 84#p721684

Isabelle (I call her "Issy" for short), the alter ego of May with a different head introduces herself immediately after. You can see that they are polar opposites. :D
Ur_ginger_girl wrote:I'm honestly debating on telling my dads home health aid about him openly. I brought it up in passing before, and was met with judgement and underhanded ridicule. I just feel like if I came out and told her, I could stop hiding it, and being ashamed of something in my own home. I've also thought that maybe she would't be judgmental (or she would hide it) and I could have someone to help me get rob a Christmas present.
Well, whatever it is you decide to do, know that we support you here, and that you are perfectly welcome to come to this forum and talk about Rob, or ask us questions any time you feel like doing so. If you don't feel comfortable doing so publicly, you're also welcome to send private messages (if you have any questions about which you feel a little uncertain, or even embarassed, please feel free to PM me).

We're all doll lovers here. There is nothing you can say here about Rob, or your relationship with him that we won't understand.

Cheers to you and Rob! :D

:glou:
I live in a small town in Ohio. Considering that historically "it was the first settlement of the northwest territory." it has a lot of rich old people, specifically rich old women. they basically run the town, and since most of them are judgmental and obsessed with religion its pretty bad. I think the reason there's so many drunk old men is because the old women drive the men to drink. its messed up. As for Robs backstory, dark and disturbing doesn't begin to cover it. His story is one of abuse and suicide, of being trapped in a purgatory and eventually attaching himself to me as an imaginary friend, and eventually attaching himself to the doll that my mom made so that we can have a physical relationship. I may post his story online one day. It's too long to post on here, and some parts would prolly make me seem bat shit crazy. I plan to come here alot more often now that I have access to a computer. I'll prolly post tomorrow as to what happens with my dads home health aid.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

deadpringle wrote:The use of the term "idolater" was largely meant to be a derogatory term describing a Godless person who worships inanimate objects in its original use, but we do sometimes use it to reference ourselves (I believe our longtime resident Everhard actually was the one who started using that term originally IIRC).
Just for the record, that was said of me in one television program, but it is incorrect. Davecat was, to the best of my knowledge, either the the inventor of the term or the first to use it in this context.

For what it is worth, I feel that we don't need a word to describe ourselves. Dolls are made deliberately resemble people precisely to trigger the same instincts that attract us to real people. And, as inflatable doll sales statistics indicate, most males in the 'first world' are doll owners at some time in their lives.

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

Everhard wrote:
deadpringle wrote:The use of the term "idolater" was largely meant to be a derogatory term describing a Godless person who worships inanimate objects in its original use, but we do sometimes use it to reference ourselves (I believe our longtime resident Everhard actually was the one who started using that term originally IIRC).
Just for the record, that was said of me in one television program, but it is incorrect. Davecat was, to the best of my knowledge, either the the inventor of the term or the first to use it in this context.

For what it is worth, I feel that we don't need a word to describe ourselves. Dolls are made deliberately resemble people precisely to trigger the same instincts that attract us to real people. And, as inflatable doll sales statistics indicate, most males in the 'first world' are doll owners at some time in their lives.

I originally heard the term used by davecat on an episode of taboo. I liked the term. I think we need a term to describe us and our lifestyle. We need to b able to explain things to other people who don't understand us.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Everhard wrote:

Ah, good to know. Yes, I had heard it in one of the documentaries in which you had participated.

It's interesting that Davecat coined the term. I remember first seeing him on Guys And Dolls way back when, and thinking "Wow, it's really not *just* a sex doll!"

I think sometimes it helps to have a word that classifies something that many other people don't understand. Human beings seem to live to classify things. Just look at how we classify music, for example.

"Dude, what are you listening to?" "It's $BAND_NAME! They're a post-modernistic retro-industrial electronic-goth symphonic-metal band!"

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

I ended up telling my dads home health aid about Rob. I also told her about this site. I know she was judging me silently, but at least I don't have to be so anal about hiding it now. We also went to gabes, and I was able to get rob a Christmas present. So i guess it was sort of a win win.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Ur_ginger_girl wrote:I ended up telling my dads home health aid about Rob. I also told her about this site. I know she was judging me silently, but at least I don't have to be so anal about hiding it now. We also went to gabes, and I was able to get rob a Christmas present. So i guess it was sort of a win win.
Good for you UGG! I'm glad you were able to work it out. You know what? Let her judge. Who cares what she thinks? You're in a relationship which makes you happy, and that's what matters.

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

I really don't care she thinks. I hope she keeps it to herself, and we can stay friends. I'm honestly just happy that I was able to get rob a Christmas present. I havent been able to get him anything the last few years.

frank1701

Post by frank1701 »

Glad you found lots of emotional support here. 98% of the time the shoe is on the other foot, and it's us guys bonding with our dolls. If you ever need some reasons to justify Rob being more important than a real guy, just remind him that Rob will never give you an STD, cheat on you, be abusive or divorce you for any arbitrary reason that he can pull out of his butt. Enjoy your Christmas with Rob :thumbs_up:

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

frank1701 wrote:Glad you found lots of emotional support here. 98% of the time the shoe is on the other foot, and it's us guys bonding with our dolls. If you ever need some reasons to justify Rob being more important than a real guy, just remind him that Rob will never give you an STD, cheat on you, be abusive or divorce you for any arbitrary reason that he can pull out of his butt. Enjoy your Christmas with Rob :thumbs_up:

I brought all those things up when I was talking to her. She seemed to agree, but she stil seemed silently judgemenal. I don't really care. I just hope I didn't ruin the only friendship I have irl. Merry Christmas to u too.

Harem_Master
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Harem_Master »

I have the perfect solution. Buy a platform bed for your guest bedroom. One that sits pretty high off the floor. I bought one on Craigslist and I store my dolls underneath it. I put them on soft padding on top of a cut down sheet of masonite and I can slide them under the bed or back out very easily. Then you only need to put some storage boxes in front of the doll but still under the bed and you are golden. Only young children would perhaps look under there...

Ur_ginger_girl

Post by Ur_ginger_girl »

That would work if my room didn't have a slant ceiling. I choose to sleep on a mattress on a boxsprings on the floor, because if my bed is up any higher I would hit my head on the ceiling. Lol

INFORMATIONS