www.wmdolls.com

DEBATE: IS THREE male doll manufacturers ENOUGH?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
incognito86
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: DEBATE: IS THREE male doll manufacturers ENOUGH?

Post by incognito86 »

Wim wrote:
Stephanie RD wrote:
But that's just my opinion. What do women think of a cheaper lighter less realistic doll?
I believe you are on to something. A woman with an doll is less awkward as many grew up with dolls. I bet many of them don't care about the giant penis either. Just cuddle and having a doll to talk to does wonders. Believe me, I know ;-)
'Cheaper and less realistic' !? ....What an insult to those of us that appreciate the male doll ART!

To advocate a regression in quality and realism- which for me is absolutely paramount is certainly a step in the wrong direction. I would have thought that by looking at the characteristics of the RealDoll Males- we're already at the 'de-minimis' threshold of realism already. Anything below that would be unbearable.

Of course everyone looks for different characteristics and realism may not be as important to some people looking for functionality and affordability.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

incognito86 wrote:
'Cheaper and less realistic' !? ....What an insult to those of us that appreciate the male doll ART!

To advocate a regression in quality and realism- which for me is absolutely paramount is certainly a step in the wrong direction. I would have thought that by looking at the characteristics of the RealDoll Males- we're already at the 'de-minimis' threshold of realism already. Anything below that would be unbearable.

Of course everyone looks for different characteristics and realism may not be as important to some people looking for functionality and affordability.
Seen the popularity of Teddy's I beg to differ. It's cuddle-factor that counts for many women.

xxxSaixxx

Post by xxxSaixxx »

Art is subjective. Cheaper and less realistic can be artistic. Look at the anime dolls or the elf doll. Those are certainly not realistic, but in my opinion, they are indeed great works of art. Those dolls I mentioned are also less than a grand. Just because dolls are not as real or expensive, they can still artistic to the viewer.

Also, money and realism don't necessarily go hand in hand with the love a doll owner feels for their doll. My first doll was a as low end as you can get, but I still took care of her, brushed her hair, changed her clothes, cuddled with her, etc. She really was a companion to me.

A cheaper doll may open the door for people who can't afford the high end models. A cheap and unrealistic doll may not do it for you, but that same doll might be a true work of art and treasured companion for someone else.

I know it's easy to interpret postings as negative or combative, but that's not what I'm going for here. I'm just respectfully bringing up a different point of view. :)

swivelthumb

Post by swivelthumb »

I think the size issue is a big thing. To make a realistic male doll it has to be full size, which means a doll thats hard to handle. And if someone makes a doll that's 4ft tall, 50lbs, and hairless- its going to make people nervous.

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

swivelthumb wrote:I think the size issue is a big thing. To make a realistic male doll it has to be full size, which means a doll thats hard to handle. And if someone makes a doll that's 4ft tall, 50lbs, and hairless- its going to make people nervous.
Not if it's cute cuddly chap without a giant stick pointing out of his crotch, to say it blunt :)

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

incognito86 wrote:Only 5 silicone male doll heads and 2 latex ones; in addition to 3 silicone male bodies and 1 latex body to choose from?

do you think the balance between female dolls and male dolls is fair?
Is there any male inflatable latex doll? I never saw one (except as movie prop). Even PVC inflatables are designed way too primitive. I am waiting e.g. for a multi-chamber inflatable bodybuilder with nice muscle definition (made like an airmat). The only vinyl doll with at least visible abs are the inflatable mannequins (no face, of low quality foil).

Buffy Summers
Doll
Doll

Post by Buffy Summers »

I wouldn't mind a Spike doll to play with. :multi: :multi: :multi:
"Into every generation a slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. She is the Slayer."
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 34&t=40240

Natsuki and Lilica

Post by Natsuki and Lilica »

Buffy Summers wrote:I wouldn't mind a Spike doll to play with. :multi: :multi: :multi:
So... Just because Spike has a Buffy doll you now want a Spike doll...

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

Natsuki and Lilica wrote:
Buffy Summers wrote:I wouldn't mind a Spike doll to play with. :multi: :multi: :multi:
So... Just because Spike has a Buffy doll you now want a Spike doll...
Logic sometimes travels the shortest path between A and B. If there is a Buffy, there should be an Spike as well :)

Natsuki and Lilica

Post by Natsuki and Lilica »

Then Spike still got the better deal... his was a Buffybot. Buffy will have to make do with a Spikedoll...

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Natsuki and Lilica wrote:Then Spike still got the better deal... his was a Buffybot. Buffy will have to make do with a Spikedoll...
If I recall correctly, I believe the Buffybot got destroyed.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

As the owner of Ocean , I have to say that I have a doll who can cuddle with the best of them! :whistle:
But I love that he's fully functional too. I believe you will see male dolls progress like their female counterparts. It will take longer as they are not in demand as much, but a lighter body but still with the functionality will , more than likely, become a reality one day. It's a myth to me that women just want to cuddle. I do, but I want other things too. The wonderful thing about Real Dolls is the' male member' can be taken out and doesn't have to be sticking out as it was said. :D

However, I like spooning with the 'male member'. The numbers of male dolls purchased won't outweigh female doll purchases, but choices are likely to come along in more abundance as dolls like this are more accepted. The options are limited now, but the Real Doll options are so realistic that it's amazing. Latex blow up dolls are scary at best, in my opinion. I wanted a doll who could offer a full experience and have a personality and some feedback to me. He is all of that. I would like him to be lighter in weight, but he isn't and I deal with it. :angel:
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

Gee, after I wrote my post this thread died. Did I say something offensive to someone? :lol: Seriously, I'd like to hear more opinions about the male dolls. So speak up and give your thoughts.
Respectfully,
Shimu :angel:
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

roustabout

Post by roustabout »

Hap has two male dolls.
Lucian is an Rd,
Lucian cookout 015a.jpg
Lucian cookout 015a.jpg (613.57 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
and Darius is a maidlee male doll.
DSCF8544-1.JPG
DSCF8544-1.JPG (856.32 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
The Real doll is nearly perfect. The only drawback is that it is a little too heavy for her to move around.
The Maidlee doll is less realistic, (except for the hands and feet which are amazing) but easy to move around.

To meet the needs of Women, the weight of the doll must be in a manageable range and IMHO the realism needs to be comparable to the female dolls.

Hap loves both of her fellas but improvements could be made.
I disagree about women not spending the money. If a realistic male doll in the 60 to 70 pound range were marketed properly to women, it would sell.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

xxxSaixxx wrote:Art is subjective. Cheaper and less realistic can be artistic. Look at the anime dolls or the elf doll. Those are certainly not realistic, but in my opinion, they are indeed great works of art. Those dolls I mentioned are also less than a grand. Just because dolls are not as real or expensive, they can still artistic to the viewer.

A cheaper doll may open the door for people who can't afford the high end models. A cheap and unrealistic doll may not do it for you, but that same doll might be a true work of art and treasured companion for someone else.
Agreed.
roustabout wrote: To meet the needs of Women, the weight of the doll must be in a manageable range and IMHO the realism needs to be comparable to the female dolls.
I disagree about women not spending the money. If a realistic male doll in the 60 to 70 pound range were marketed properly to women, it would sell.
I spent the money because I wanted a beautiful face. I find the latex guys funny at best, just not turned on at all by them- but that's me.
Of course I agree that supply and demand drives business, but I also agree that a lighter weight, "good looking" male may sell to women.
"Good looking" is subjective as well. I recently purchased a body pillow of an male anime character I like and most anime characters are not realistic looking. Great for cuddling and kissing. I dare say Aki is getting a bit jealous :)
BJD's: 2 Males by Loong Soul, 4 Males by Ringdoll, 1 Male by Dolk
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

INFORMATIONS