www.wmdolls.com

Question on weight of male RD2

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Re: Question on weight of male RD2

Post by LorileiXAlec »

can't wait for pics either ^_^

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Just received my notice that he is ready to ship!! The crate weighs 220lbs, dimensions are listed at 70x30x16 (16 doesn't seem like enough, but whatever). I do have to pay additional for the delivery guys to bring the crate up to a second floor, uncrate and move it back down, but they will do it. They quoted me about $85 for moving the crate up and down and $50 for uncrating. Hey, I'll pay the extra- I can't handle something that is 220 lbs!! even with help, plus they will have all the equipment necessary for the job (so I don't have to buy any-hopefully) :)
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

I just did a search for "uncrating" and saw that Stephanie posted a thread for us!! Thanks so much, that was very sweet. Here's a link to an uncrating guide by Vanessa:

http://www.vanessa-realdoll.de/Vanessa_ ... l_main.htm
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng

charon77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by charon77 »

Abyss have been in touch regarding arrangements for despatch of my Nate so he can't be too far away now. It has been like a silicon pregnancy waiting for three months for delivery. lol

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

wow awesome can't wait!!! i'm still making my payments towards my new MRD2 i can't wait until i make the final payment!!! then i just have to wait for him to be made, then shipped!! XD

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Delivery service reports that the crate weighs 180 lbs- that's better, but still heavy!! (where the heck did 220lbs come from anyway? he's only supposed to weigh 90-95lbs :/

charon77- it'd be funny if we received our dolls on the same day!

charon77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by charon77 »

My tracking note says the total weight is 134.66 lbs. I think the doll weighs just over 100 lbs. I nearly freaked when I first saw the tracking as it said the destination was Chicago - no mention of Australia. I was in touch with Abyss and they said that all transactions for Seko go through Chicago. I guess that is just the paperwork. Today the tracking has been updated and say Nate is coming to Melbourne, Australia. I'm hoping he will be here by the end of next week. Now to front up to Customs and arrange delivery home. I think there will be little change from another $1,000 as he is also charged Goods & Services tax - 10% - on the whole deal, including Customs Duty. Our Government is very greedy.

I have read Vanessa's instructions regard in unboxing and I find it very helpful. I think there may be even more on You Tue.

charon77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by charon77 »

Just heard that my Nate is waiting for a flight at San Diago airport. Exciting times but will be so relieved when he is home and finally out of the crate.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

awesome!!!! the guy who drove the truck my first MRD2 came on was really nice and helped my mom and me unload him and get the crate in the house and even took the crate(we had no place to put it......>_>) he was really sweet i hope that we get him again when my new one(finally) gets shipped lol!!

when i told him i was naming him after "Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street" he was like "no...... no.... are you serious....?" and i'm like "as a heart attack'" (then i grinend this wicked looking wide grin) and he's like "oh no no no!! " then he laughs XD hahahahah

charon77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by charon77 »

Nate should be arriving in Australia tonight. You guys in USA are lucky - less to pay for freight and you probably don't have customs duty or high sales tax. I was told I need a broker to avoid three trips - 20 miles each - to the airport. I estimate the my Nate will leave little change from $9,000 when he arrives. Our Government taxes the doll, the customs duty and even the broker's fee.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

ohh................wow.....>_> wonder what it'd be like if i moved to japan.....?? DX

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

charon77 wrote:Nate should be arriving in Australia tonight. You guys in USA are lucky - less to pay for freight and you probably don't have customs duty or high sales tax. I was told I need a broker to avoid three trips - 20 miles each - to the airport. I estimate the my Nate will leave little change from $9,000 when he arrives. Our Government taxes the doll, the customs duty and even the broker's fee.

Damn- is the $9000 total cost or just the shipping cost? We are lucky. Guess I won't complain about my August 31st estimated arrival date!

charon77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by charon77 »

ShadowCat wrote:
charon77 wrote:Nate should be arriving in Australia tonight. You guys in USA are lucky - less to pay for freight and you probably don't have customs duty or high sales tax. I was told I need a broker to avoid three trips - 20 miles each - to the airport. I estimate the my Nate will leave little change from $9,000 when he arrives. Our Government taxes the doll, the customs duty and even the broker's fee.

Damn- is the $9000 total cost or just the shipping cost? We are lucky. Guess I won't complain about my August 31st estimated arrival date!
No that is my guess for the total. We get tax, Customs duty and it was so complicated that I had to hire a Customs broker to complete the work.

charon77
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by charon77 »

I have started a thread when Jesse (my Nate's name) arrived but here are a couple of photos for where it all started for me. It is like having a friend for life. Jesse is here to stay.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

whoa................O_O

INFORMATIONS