www.wmdolls.com

Question on weight of male RD2

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
ShadowCat

Question on weight of male RD2

Post by ShadowCat »

Hi everyone!

I am considering purchase of a male Real Doll 2, but I'm a bit uncertain about how I will handle the weight. He would definitely be the smaller body size- but that is still listed as 90-95 lbs.

I'm an average size lady at 5'6", 125 lbs and not alot of upper body strength. I have read about using an office chair or something with wheels to move around in general, but it is still going to require a certain amount of lifting. Any suggestions on how to handle this? or should I start seriously lifting weights (lol)?

BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

Stephanie RD
Ex-Member

Re: Question on weight of male RD2

Post by Stephanie RD »

Welcome aboard Kitty Pride, I mean Shadow Cat. It's always great to see a lady join our discussion.

Moving any 90+ pound RD around the house just isn't practical unless you're built like She Hulk. While it looks easy enough on TV, it's NOT.

Unlike carrying a 90 pound person, RDs are stiff and uncooperative. They don't balance their weight or flop they way human would.

Seriously, plan your RD life around your bed where he can sleep and sit up. This may encourage you to get a new bed or rearrange your bedroom set up.

I weigh about 110 pounds and my owner isn't muscular but he isn't weak. I haven't left the bed in over a year and every time I do my owner remembers why he shouldn't try to move me.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Thanks for the advice Stephanie. Looks like I will be taking my second TV out of storage and setting it up in the bedroom!

I did some more research and found out about patient lifts- machines caregivers use to lift disabled people. (Don't know why I didn't think of that before). Better start saving for that as well. It's a little pricey but worth it if it will spare my back from injury. I included a link to a medical supply store in case anyone else is facing the same problem :)

http://www.spinlife.com/category.cfm?categoryID=108
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

hey hey hihi!!
i own (that sounds so wrong....>.>) a MRD2 body b face/head c and he is fairly heavy and awkward to move it takes some getting used to though. though from personal experience i would *not* put him in an office chair unless it has brakes on the wheels i tried that once i have an office chair in my bedroom where he is at and i tried lifting him from the bed to another chair (a folding "butterfly' style chair) to the office chair so i could "attempt" to move him downstairs but unfortunately he started slipping because the stupid chair kept moving by the time i could've caught him he was already on his back with a loud thud......>.> so yeah....and i tried to catch him but my fiance (who wasn't there at the time) wouldn't have wanted me to almost hurt myself just to make sure my MRD2 didn't fall......because my MRD2 can be replaced but i can't.....>.>

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Thanks for the tip LorileiXAlec. I wouldn't want the chair to be moving as well! Hopefully, I'll figure it out. I am single by choice, so it's just me most of the time. Can't be calling friends all the time just to help me move an RD2-lol. Since I'm a girl, I'll just have to use the muscle in my head instead of in my arms ;)

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

your very welcome ^^

i'm not single, but i am a woman XD hahahahaha

nice to see another girl here that's into male dolls :)

btw i love you icon!! O_O

roustabout

Post by roustabout »

OK, I just weighted our brand new male RD2 Nick face body A

Drum roll 110 lbs. 8O
L1 017a.jpg
L1 017a.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 4442 times
Although he is heavier, I find that he is easier to lift then our female RD body 7 face 2 (see my avatar) who only weights 87lbs. However, although my wife can move him around with some difficulty, she cannot get him on or off his doll stand.

She just isn't tall enough. :(

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

woooooo that's the next one i'm getting.....>.> is a body A....woooo....that is heavy... hahahahahahah XD

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Ordered the lift today! Got the last one on sale :)
http://www.midwesternmedicalsupply.com/ ... p-272.html

We'll see how it works out since he's not here yet. Just a couple more weeks- hopefully.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

Please let me know how it works ^_^ i may have to get one!! XD btw what's the status of your man??

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

I should contact Abyss to see where they are at. It will have been 2 months at the end of July- which is this week. Thanks for asking :)

Stephanie RD
Ex-Member

Post by Stephanie RD »

Congrats Shadowcat!

The waiting is the hardest part.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

how long is the wait usually?? (i can never remember...>_> )

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

The website says about 8-10 weeks. I'm at the 8 week mark. Abyss says he's still in production- they are a bit behind. I'm not sure how long shipping will take though- as I'm in Michigan :/

Thanks Stephanie!

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

8-10 weeks....? how many months is that?? My first Male RealDoll 2 was one they were selling at $1,000.00 off because of some sort of "imperfection". So he was already made, but as far as shipping he didn't take long at all he actually came (if i remember correctly) 2 days earlier then i thought ^_^

i'm currently saving for another Male RealDoll 2 ^_^

INFORMATIONS