www.wmdolls.com

Important features in a Male Doll

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
calamus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Important features in a Male Doll

Post by calamus »

GreyGull wrote:Does that seem like an idea that has merit? Or am I just going down a road that is too analytical? I just think the more precise and organized the information is, the better the product could be. More so because we will not have the range of selection that the female examples have, and the small selection provided should have as broad an appeal as possible.

Most excellent! :thumbs_up: Could not have possibly said it better myself, although a slightly anemic attempt was made..... Wish I had the time and eloquence to convey those very same sentiments, as frequently and cogently as they should be on this forum.......

:)
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

calamus wrote:Right now, the cupboard's pretty f#@$%&# bare in this realm. It would be really sweet to have 8 to 10 truly distinct models to choose from........ Everything from the smooth-faced, boyish twink to a slightly grunge Brody Jenner type, and above all, masculine (even the twink).......... Now that would most certainly cause my elbow to bend and reach for my wallet! :wink: [/color]
How many models would you be buying if there were 10 to choose from ?
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

GreyGull

Post by GreyGull »

midiman wrote: How many models would you be buying if there were 10 to choose from ?

I'll be lucky if I'm able to afford just one! Disposable cash is something that I just don't have in great supply, so when I'm able to make a purchase, I'm going to be pretty picky about it. Id imagine im not the only one in the same boat, so probabaly not much incentive for artists to invest that much money in a line that will take a long time to pay for itself. Some selection would be nice, but I highly doubt that we will ever see the vast array of sumptuous figures afforded the female lines. Perhaps at the very least, a greater variety of faces would give the illusion of more options, even if your stuck with a limited selection of body type.

As far as realism. I'm totally there. I'm a details person. In my line of work, often dealing with multi-million dollar equipment, details are very important. Our customers demand and expect it, and the industry itself expects it, its not optional. So I'm very sensitive to things that just don't seem right, and it will drive me insane knowing that something isn't kosher. Of course, I suppose such things are seen differently through another's eyes. As I've seen comments on photos posted here on the forum stating that so and so felt as if the photo of X doll was so realistic that they thought they were looking at a live being. While at the same time, all I saw was silicone. Is that just because doll owners become desensitized to it and fantasy and reality start to run together? Who knows! Maybe its just that only having experienced these creations through photos that my perception is skewed and they are in fact more realistic than they appear. I'm not entirely ready to part with that kind of money I don't really have to find out though. That would be an expensive lesson!
Bless me Father, for i have SINned

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by LadyPeridot »

Variety is the spice of life.

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Male doll? Look no further than the Gyllenhaal DNA

Jake Gyllenhaal, fuck yeah.
jake-gyllenhaal-11.jpg
jake-gyllenhaal-11.jpg (73.7 KiB) Viewed 4686 times
and his sister, while we're at it.
maggie-g.jpg
maggie-g.jpg (66.82 KiB) Viewed 4686 times
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

happiness
Ex-Member

Post by happiness »

Abyss, thanks so much for asking. :D I'm saving for a male doll that does not yet exist. He is between 5'0 and 5'4, weighs 70-80 pounds.
His body type is between your Body A and Body B. He has a mature, rugged face. Basically, a horse jockeys body. All male, in a small package that I can carry and maneuver. I am a female that is only 5'0. Weight is a huge issue for me. A shorter doll is not a problem at all for me, because on his stand, he'll look much taller. Does this mean that you're thinking about adding a new male? :multi:

calamus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by calamus »

midiman wrote:
calamus wrote:Right now, the cupboard's pretty f#@$%&# bare in this realm. It would be really sweet to have 8 to 10 truly distinct models to choose from........ Everything from the smooth-faced, boyish twink to a slightly grunge Brody Jenner type, and above all, masculine (even the twink).......... Now that would most certainly cause my elbow to bend and reach for my wallet! :wink: [/color]
How many models would you be buying if there were 10 to choose from ?
To be honest, if all specs were seriously up to my standards, I'd buy two right off and probably a third within the year.... But I have very high standards and nothing I've seen to date (perhaps with one exception) warrants a $6K price tag, IMO.
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star.

94elmwood

Post by 94elmwood »

price is important.I would love a new doll but cannot afford it unless I save and save. I would like a less expensive doll. Maybe its possible to use some foam as a filler somwhere also to lessen the weight.And also more than just male heads to choose from..Maybe you can do a new head per year.Otherwise they are fantastic.The weight isnt a problem for me because of my conditioning.Thanks for a dream come true

Gianna_marie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Gianna_marie »

I've been looking at the RD options for male dolls and thought I'd share some thoughts :-)

I like the fact that there is a more rugged face (A) and a couple of slimmer, less masculine looking ones to choose from (B and C). But I'm not sure if it's just me or faces B and C look sort of alike, maybe it's just me.

I would definitely love to see a couple of exotic male faces: namely an African-American or biracial male face and an Asian one. There seems to be at least some interest in Japanese-looking males, judging by some of the posts/threads. I would probably make the faces not too rugged but also not too feminine, that way buyers can make their dolls lean toward either of those extremes by customizing it.

If the doll's facial features are way too feminine, that makes it impossible for people to make their doll appear credibly masculine (no matter how they customize it) which will be a turn off for those who are into rougher features. Similarly if the doll is way too rough looking, the opposite problem will be faced by people who want their doll to look more androgynous. So I would say a doll that is halfway in the masculinity spectrum would work the best and please the most potential buyers.

For example, if you put a beard and a crew cut on this guy, he will probably be able to appear pretty masculine. But he could also be made to look quite soft/feminine if given long hair, eyeliner with no body or facial hair plus a twink body type:

Whereas this guy will probably never be able to look masculine, no matter what customizations are used:

The same would apply to the African-American male :)

wormmon2006 wrote: Truth be told, I prefer Charlie/Male RD 1 to the newer ones not only because of his build, but I prefer older/middle-aged men. The dolls that are available these days just look to young and "pretty" for my tastes. So I would recommend, like some of the others, offering a variety of masculine faces as wel, all the better if you had some older/mature ones as well.
I agree. It would be nice to see a more mature yet handsome face, say someone in his 40's.

Here's someone you can't go wrong with, although he could be a little rougher. But you can't really go wrong using someone like him as inspiration for a mature guy. He has a classically beautiful face :)

harpy

Post by harpy »

I'm working on a lovely masculine/androgynous bodytype fabric doll. I've been drafting the torso and have several attempts I'll have to post eventually. He's just a torso with stumps, but a built-in harness/pocket for vibrators, bullets, and toys with flared bases.

I want long hair, fantasy skincolor, optional arm and legs (attached with a harness/armor set) and optional face.
(so either faceplates, mask or multiple heads) I have a few versions made at the moment, but am still trying to draft something with the gentle curves and a lightly muscled figure.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

Joe,
I know this is an older topic. But being a newbie to this type of doll, I would like to see a face that isn't just pretty handsome. What I mean by that is that some of the best looking guys, in my opinion , are not model or movie start looking. Character is nice and underrated. I do not have a picture of anyone in mind, but I would like to see some depth to the character of the dolls. And , even though I have ordered a guy doll, the weight issue really needs to be addressed if possible. I suspect I may have to get a patient lift and I really don't want to. Just some comments. Thanks. :Fade-color
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

DollsForDudes
Inactive Vendor
Inactive Vendor

Post by DollsForDudes »

I have to agree with most people here...realism, weight, & price are the big 3. I'd also like to see more mature faces and body hair options. You guys are already doing it right, so its just a matter of more options at this point.
Dolls For Dudes - Because Big Boys Need Big Toys!

Neoky
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Neoky »

Yes, price, weight and realism - perhaps one day there are more male dolls avaible. :)
I like an asian face on an doll and long hair wig. I don't like body hair. :whistle:
Soft beautiful lips, poseable fingers (not with a stiff wire), closeable eyes, more realistic color on the skin (more color layer or something...).

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

After owning my male RD2 (body B) for a year now, I'd have to say my biggest roadblock is his weight. Lighter skeleton needed perhaps? Tough problem to reduce weight without sacrificing durability. As far as realism and attention to detail goes, he is awesome! :)
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

Stephanie RD
Ex-Member

Post by Stephanie RD »

An important feature every girl looks for in the perfect man is MONEY.

Any male Real Doll should have a high paying job.

INFORMATIONS