betterlovedoll.com

WARNING: To buyers of young looking dolls

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: WARNING: To buyers of young looking dolls

Post by rubherkitty »

Cd88 wrote:
MrVitalic wrote:
midiman wrote: Therefore making dolls they claim to be 18 when they in fact look 15 will not help the buyer argue his case to those who do not agree. If it looks 15 it IS 15. That's how it all works. You have seen how people react to a man dating a woman half his age. Take that to the next level that a man is having sex with someone that could be his daughter...

Quite frankly if I see a member with a doll that looks 15 (or younger) I don't hold the member in high regard and would lose no sleep if they wanted to leave and post about their doll elsewhere. I raised two daughters. I dealt with perverts and for every pedophile there are probably many others on the fringe. Once they get a taste of a synthetic pedophilia, and the thrill of the synthetic child begins to wane, they may take the next step into the real world.
There is some wisdom here. I have seen some 140cm model with c cup and a overall women body, that look like 15 years old because of the head. It is so borderline weird that I dont think its a good choice buying them.

So would you say this doll in question looks 15? Confused by your answer...
I would say he is reinforcing midimans opinion and not commenting on your specific doll. The doll in your link is very well known and accepted on TDF AFAIK.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

Cd88 wrote:Hi there, I have been doing a lot of research about this topic and I am quite concerned there could be some potential issues with the doll I have finally decided I wanted.

Here is the link to the doll I want.

https://www.--Non-verified Vendor--/sex-toys/silicon ... abe-140cm/

I have been reading this forum and I am aware this vendor is not certified or what not. But for my budget, about $800US ($1000CDN) this is the doll for me.

I really hope it does not look “underage” due to its height (140cm) but I feel the face looks ok, not child like, and the breast size is adult like. Also, the website does advertise its dolls as “adult sex toy”. I am still really hesitant on the purchase.... I guess I am here looking for reassurance / advice that this doll should more than likely to be fine crossing customs. I live in Canada by the way.

Thanking you all in advance.

That doll is a very, very popular configuration of head and body. It's all over the place here on TDF. You are over reacting a bit about that doll looking young. It's a very nice face that can look all sorts of ways depending on the color of the material, eye color and wigs. She can look Western, she can look Asian she can even look Native American very easily. Personally, I'm a fan of this doll. It's never nice to put a doll in a school uniform, wearing pig-tails, or use props like back packs and teddy bears. None of this is forbidden, it's done regularly but it doesn't help with the public image for love dolls. Bust size alone doesn't make a doll look too young, but it's a combo of the face and body proportions. The big kicker is presentation, so that's how Ms Dolly is styled with make-up, hair and costume. Some dolls are easier to style within image compliance than others. The more experienced members and mods are always happy to help. Once you have your doll you can submit photos to the mods privately and they will offer advice if you are nervous. A plain tee, jeans and pony tail almost always looks nice as a start. I'd go for more adulty colored lingerie (deep red, black, jewel tones, and white) rather than pastels or bright colors as a start. You can check out Cover Doll for great examples! I'm just a regular member though, so my opinion isn't worth a whole lot.

My only concern with ordering that particular doll is getting what you expect. It could be completely different than the one pictured, it could have a poorly constructed armature (skeleton), or the material used could be very odorous, oily, very fragile and fall apart. The reason some vendors are TDF approved and some are not is sometimes dolls are recasted. What this means is they are copies of legit dolls made of cheaper and less durable materials. Sometime a legit doll will be purchased, a mold made from that doll and then remade aka recasted of inferior materials. This is a common practice for all types of dolls, not just love dolls and that is why some types of dolls come with company stamps, head plates and/or certificates of authenticity. I believe we will see love doll companies adopt this practice with time. However, good dolls are sold by vendors that are not TDF certified, and that's a crap shoot as to what is what. My advice is to use a payment method like PayPal or a credit card and take advantage of the buyer protection if needed. Also, with any imported doll, make sure of the seizure policy of the vendor just in case. I've heard of collector dolls, just regular, non-sexually functioning dolls being destroyed by customs in some regions of the world due to strict import policies.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

nothing wrong with that doll violette. she is big enough a d the face is not a 15 year old face at all that is ludicrous to even suggest by anyone. the wm36 face is one of the most pretty and popular faces out and thats a fact and its sales are proof of that. I think lots of people are over reacting and looking to try and start some agenda against dolls in general so all of a sudden this whole underage face topic is everywhere. if you buy a 140 cm doll that is NOT A KID......PERIOD. anyone who thinks otherwise is just white knighting some hidden agenda. Now dont go a d dress her up like a kid or present her badly ir that will be taken wrong and should. but a cute young face like the 36 head is representative of lots of young asian women today who look youthful beyond their years. i know a lady up the road with three kids and she is late 30s and if you didnt know any better would swear she could pass for a very mature sexy teenager. scary but true. some of them can really fool you facewise. however she is a mom and very cute and dresses appropriately. but you cant change her face regardless so it makes one wonder just how old she is til you get to know her like i do.
go for that doll and be happy and dont let some moralist with an agenda make you feel guilty over their bs agenda bro. NOTHING wrong with the 140cm 36 head.

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

jokerisalive wrote:nothing wrong with that doll violette. she is big enough a d the face is not a 15 year old face at all that is ludicrous to even suggest by anyone. the wm36 face is one of the most pretty and popular faces out and thats a fact and its sales are proof of that. I think lots of people are over reacting and looking to try and start some agenda against dolls in general so all of a sudden this whole underage face topic is everywhere. if you buy a 140 cm doll that is NOT A KID......PERIOD. anyone who thinks otherwise is just white knighting some hidden agenda. Now dont go a d dress her up like a kid or present her badly ir that will be taken wrong and should. but a cute young face like the 36 head is representative of lots of young asian women today who look youthful beyond their years. i know a lady up the road with three kids and she is late 30s and if you didnt know any better would swear she could pass for a very mature sexy teenager. scary but true. some of them can really fool you facewise. however she is a mom and very cute and dresses appropriately. but you cant change her face regardless so it makes one wonder just how old she is til you get to know her like i do.
go for that doll and be happy and dont let some moralist with an agenda make you feel guilty over their bs agenda bro. NOTHING wrong with the 140cm 36 head.
I don't see any agenda myself. You need to consider the reality of the situation. Not referring to any doll but I can fully understand the rationale of erring on the side of caution and having these rules. If I was running a site like this the last thing I would want is a bunch of photos lying around of what an average person would consider to be of a facsimile of an underage child. The truth is, from all that I see, doll owners already get somewhat of a bad rap in the public's eyes. By allowing stuff like that, you just magnified that bad rap by 1000%. Just hands ammo to the anti-doll crowd to absurdly apply another blanket label to all doll owners. I am pretty new here so have limited experience with dolls in general. But I think newbies can give fresh perspectives on this subject, as being new, we are untainted or unbiased when it comes to any experiences or expectations of what the typical dolls usually look like etc.When researching dolls I was interested in I have seen quite a few and looked at what all the manufacturers had to offer. Like everyone else, I have seen those I find attractive and others not so much. But there were some I came across and my immediate reaction was 'whoa'. I am no prude and am very open-minded. But I wouldn't want to be even remotely associated with that with a ten-foot pole. Not only do I have no interest, I also just don't want to be associated with it in any way,
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

like i said DONT dress her up in bad taste and there is no reason then for worrying. And again the 36 head is definitely not underage looking just a cute face of a young asian woman...thats all. some peoplewill always have a problem cuz they are just trying to provoke something or feel they are championing for a cause. A 140 cm doll is plenty big and representative of lots of women today who are short and petite. no reason for someone to justify that as an illegal size and then try to associate it with a kid on top of that. thats just hating to hate and making a problem just cuz they feel like. kind of like bullying which is going on alot these days and everything is being blown way out of proportion with the pc crowd. Just use common sense and dress her accordingly and there is no reason to feel guilty or worry that you are misrepresenting her. Most important thing is that she will make you happy and your not pushing her on anyone either. Its your right to privacy to be happy with her no matter what the anti doll crowd may think.

Cd88
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Cd88 »

Yes. I feel this old looks of age, which is what I am looking for. My only concern is customs. They aren’t finiliar with these dolls and what looks “older” compared to other dolls. My concern is I would have police show up to my door instead of the doll. That is my only concern about buying this particular doll. After all, you never know WHO is working the customs that day. It could be someone who has no idea that most dolls are 140-148cm etc. But if you look at a average growth chart of human beings, that size would mean they are an underage person! That is really my only issue and hesitation about buying. How can we truly know it will be okay. I’m no pedophole, I just want to buy a doll bcoz I am lonely. It’s scary to think I can be labeled a “child predator” or something because of ordering a freaking sex doll. I truly don’t want any other doll except the 140/WM 36 Head. I am not into huge outrageous E cups, or other dolls, I like this one an the face particularly. As someone else said, looks like any 20-something asian or even Native American, is what I like.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Cd88 wrote:Yes. I feel this old looks of age, which is what I am looking for. My only concern is customs. They aren’t finiliar with these dolls and what looks “older” compared to other dolls. My concern is I would have police show up to my door instead of the doll. That is my only concern about buying this particular doll. After all, you never know WHO is working the customs that day. It could be someone who has no idea that most dolls are 140-148cm etc. But if you look at a average growth chart of human beings, that size would mean they are an underage person! That is really my only issue and hesitation about buying. How can we truly know it will be okay. I’m no pedophole, I just want to buy a doll bcoz I am lonely. It’s scary to think I can be labeled a “child predator” or something because of ordering a freaking sex doll. I truly don’t want any other doll except the 140/WM 36 Head. I am not into huge outrageous E cups, or other dolls, I like this one an the face particularly. As someone else said, looks like any 20-something asian or even Native American, is what I like.

:D Welcome new member Cd88, here are some handy starters links for you too....

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

Feel free to also check ou the RoC here http://dollforum.com/tdf_rules.html so you get a feel for what is reasoanable for discussion and what is not.

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

TreWalker
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by TreWalker »

Cd88 wrote:Hi there, I have been doing a lot of research about this topic and I am quite concerned there could be some potential issues with the doll I have finally decided I wanted.

I have been reading this forum and I am aware this vendor is not certified or what not. But for my budget, about $800US ($1000CDN) this is the doll for me.

I really hope it does not look “underage” due to its height (140cm) but I feel the face looks ok, not child like, and the breast size is adult like. Also, the website does advertise its dolls as “adult sex toy”. I am still really hesitant on the purchase.... I guess I am here looking for reassurance / advice that this doll should more than likely to be fine crossing customs. I live in Canada by the way.

I am with you Cd88. This is the doll I fell in love with months ago and am ready to buy. The only thing holding me back is the same concerns you have. I have been encouraged by members here but still I want to make damn sure. I was looking to buy overseas and have it imported but I see the link you posted from esdoll may very well ship from the US as they list Washington as an address. I would feel much better if it was shipped from in country rather through customs and would pay a little more for peace of mind. I think I will call them to make sure they aren't just drop shipping from China. One thing I would like on her is pubic hair, I have never cared for shaved pubes. I am wondering if the would apply that before she was shipped and also make sure her clothes were appropriate. Just a thought.

I cover my bases as I am in no way willing to branded as a sex offender because I am not:
As an underage teenager I made a mistake of forging a check, a small check which if it were 1 penny less would have been a simple misdemeanor. 30+ years later I am still branded a felon even though I am law abiding. That event has colored my life like no other.
I do not trust government to do the right thing.
All it takes is one feminist customs agent having a bad day to start a ball rolling that will not be stopped until you are so far in debt you can never climb out. This is why I obey the law.

Cd88: If you want to share notes about what I find out or vice versa feel free. I am very cautious, will cover my bases and err on the side of safety.

On another note: In the original post in this thread is the statement:
Please note that small dolls that would appear as an adult if up-scaled to adult height are permitted. Just like any other product they would be considered scale models made smaller for the purpose of travel, storage, and physical limitations of the buyer, etc.
If we are talking about the Proposed Bill/Legislation in question then I read the bill in the link and I saw no such statement in the bill. It seems to be an opinion (perhaps a good one I don't know).

It seems we are discussing this topic in 3 ways:
1. Actual law & legislation and the bill in question from original poster (For U.S folks)
2. DF rules
3. We all simply have our own opinions

All of which is good. I however, when it comes to my safety and freedom, will put a lot of emphasis on legality and much much less on opinion.

I do appreciate peoples opinions here though it is enormously helpful.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

TreWalker wrote:On another note: In the original post in this thread is the statement:
Please note that small dolls that would appear as an adult if up-scaled to adult height are permitted. Just like any other product they would be considered scale models made smaller for the purpose of travel, storage, and physical limitations of the buyer, etc.
This quote refers to the ruling we apply at TDF. The proposed law you are referring to is US law. TDF is governed by Canadian law. Still we try our rules on this issue to be in line with legislation in most Western countries, including Canada, US, EU.

Cd88
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Cd88 »

TreWalker wrote:

I am with you Cd88. This is the doll I fell in love with months ago and am ready to buy. The only thing holding me back is the same concerns you have. I have been encouraged by members here but still I want to make damn sure. I was looking to buy overseas and have it imported but I see the link you posted from esdoll may very well ship from the US as they list Washington as an address. I would feel much better if it was shipped from in country rather through customs and would pay a little more for peace of mind. I think I will call them to make sure they aren't just drop shipping from China. One thing I would like on her is pubic hair, I have never cared for shaved pubes. I am wondering if the would apply that before she was shipped and also make sure her clothes were appropriate. Just a thought.

I cover my bases as I am in no way willing to branded as a sex offender because I am not:
As an underage teenager I made a mistake of forging a check, a small check which if it were 1 penny less would have been a simple misdemeanor. 30+ years later I am still branded a felon even though I am law abiding. That event has colored my life like no other.
I do not trust government to do the right thing.
All it takes is one feminist customs agent having a bad day to start a ball rolling that will not be stopped until you are so far in debt you can never climb out. This is why I obey the law.

Cd88: If you want to share notes about what I find out or vice versa feel free. I am very cautious, will cover my bases and err on the side of safety.

On another note: In the original post in this thread is the statement:
If we are talking about the Proposed Bill/Legislation in question then I read the bill in the link and I saw no such statement in the bill. It seems to be an opinion (perhaps a good one I don't know).

It seems we are discussing this topic in 3 ways:
1. Actual law & legislation and the bill in question from original poster (For U.S folks)
2. DF rules
3. We all simply have our own opinions

All of which is good. I however, when it comes to my safety and freedom, will put a lot of emphasis on legality and much much less on opinion.

I do appreciate peoples opinions here though it is enormously helpful.
Hi there,
I understand where you are coming from completely.
I have a feeling, even though the website says Washington USA, they are not located in the US. Every time I chat with someone on their website, they have a very difficult time communicating in basic English, and I have tried chatting multiple times at soffeeent hours/days of the week.
If you read some of the descriptions of the dolls, the English isn’t very well written either.
I am 90% sure they are actually located in China, maybe they just have a US address for tax purposes or something like that.

I have still not bought the doll, I am still hesitant. There is a video on YouTube featuring a review of an esdoll. If you search $799 sex doll you will find it. The problem is, the doll featured in my opinion would look older, has bigger boobs, etc. So it’s hard to compare the two.

I think the laws in Canada and US would be the same, so we are in the same boat. I wish someone can speak from experience buying this particular doll, from this particular site.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Please keep this thread on-topic! That's age estimation.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I do not believe the laws of the Commonwealth and the US are the same regarding doll imports.
The USA also has better package privacy rights as well.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

This may or may not be of help with determining age representation of dolls. It is also not a single variable I would advocate be used, but as one important factor that has been used in some regions of the world where imported dolls may be subject to confiscation. I would strongly recommend the face be the first factor to consider, followed by proportions of the hips vs waist. Also, these statistics are not reflective of the age of majority. It does however give some idea as to what is most often seen in a Western market for the sales of bras which most Western women wear. Therefore, the sizes that correlate with the largest number of sales would reasonably be associated with what most Western females feature in bust size at the age of maturity.

http://sophisticatedpair.com/blog/year- ... -bra-size/

As a bonus, there is a calculator link to help measure Ms Dolly before shopping if you are unfamiliar.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I agree with Violette, in case a doll package is checked and the face is regarded child-like, the doll is suspicious. A small doll with a child-like face may be subject to confiscation, fantasy breasts won't change this. To have a doll (person) to look adult, face is key, probably next is the head/body-ratio (but if the head is detached this is not that clear), then it's thighs, hips, waist. Also length of legs/length of body ratio is important.
rubherkitty wrote:The USA also has better package privacy rights as well.
I don't know about rules for internal US shipments, for international shipments the airway bill should state what is in the package and what is the value. The is both for security reasons and for import tax, statistics and such. All doll shipments I received had something like "mannequin" or "silicone display" on the airway bill. Also, be aware that undervaluing is often a trigger to check a shipment. This has been discussed on TDF before.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Internal USA shipping.
Private carriers such as UPS, FedEx, etc reserve the right to inspect any package.
The US Postal service can only inspect a package if they expect something illegal and can get a court warrant.
The USPS being under the rule of Rights of Privacy.

I believe all imported packages "can" be inspected, although they may just do them at random or if they suspect something is amiss.

INFORMATIONS