realsexdoll.com

Who knew?

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Laura Palmer

Who knew?

Post by Laura Palmer »

Greetings everyone,

I feel like it's about time I introduced myself. I've been lurking on TDF for about a month now and meaning to compose this introduction for the last two weeks. However, every time I come on here to do just that, I get easily distracted by the incredible wealth of information found here. I'll start reading a thread or five and before you know it hours have passed, as has my bedtime.

So, how did I find myself here on TDF?

Well, that's a long story, but here's the “short” version.

Over the past few months I've been investigating, acquiring and experimenting with various male sex toys. I was recently looking at one particular Japanese retailer when I noticed they had a sub category for sex dolls.

Now, obviously I knew that sex dolls existed, but it's not something I've honestly ever given any real thought to. So, for the sake of curiosity I had a little look.... and.... 8O What. The. Actual. I was stunned. I couldn't believe how absolutely amazing they looked! Some of them actually looked real. Like, really real. I was completely bowled over. That a product like this existed, so perfectly appealing to my sensibilities, and I was completely unaware of it? To say my interest was piqued would be something of any understatement.

Then I noticed the price. There would be no way I could ever afford a Doll at this price. Even if I managed to save up that much cash I don't think I'd be able to justify spending that much money on a single luxury item.

At this point I felt like I was about to take a tumble down the rabbit hole. Do I walk away and try to forget what I'd just seen? Or press onwards into the unknown?

Searching for 'real sex dolls' immediately brought up Abyss Creations Real Doll, and again, I was astounded. They looked so freaking good! Although the price was still an issue, it confirmed for me that Dolls were a big deal, many different vendors were selling them and there was bound to be one out there suitable for my budget. I was not to be deterred.

That's when I discovered TPE and realised I really could afford to get one of these awesome Dolls. I believe researching the differences between TPE and silicone led me here to TDF and I'm extremely pleased it did. To think of owning a Doll without access to the knowledge available here would be the difference between night and day. I shudder to think of all the noobish mistakes I could, and probably would have made. It could have easily been a complete disaster.

So, who knew? Not me, that's for sure.

I never would have guessed that such an imaginative, innovative and helpful group of enthusiasts would exist! It genuinely never occurred to me. TDF is such a wonderful resource. I feel truly inspired, so thank you all. :D

I'm forcing myself to write this today as it's long overdue. Overdue as in, I bought my first Doll a few weeks ago and she arrived two days ago! I didn't even know to expect her until I checked the tracking info in the morning and saw she was out for delivery. Thankfully I didn't start work until the afternoon so I let my boss know that I might be a bit late and hoped she would be delivered in a timely manner.

So, in the early afternoon the UPS van turned up and parked right outside the front of my house. The guy jumped out, knocked on my door then immediately returned to his van, so I headed outside to meet him. As I reached his vehicle he reappeared, struggling with this huge, very heavy looking box. For a second, my mind was racing. For the past few weeks the idea of my Doll has been more of an abstract concept to me than the full appreciation of her physical reality. But here she was! My beautiful Doll was in that very box! My excitement was almost palpable.

Me: “Alright fella, how you doing? You want a hand with that?”

UPS Guy: “Uh, yeah, if you wouldn't mind”

Me: “Not at all”

He tips her towards me and we easily carry her the twenty foot or so into my front hallway.

Me: “Watch the step there bud”

We carefully place her down.

Me: “Thanks”

He hands me his device to sign.

UPS Guy: “So... what is it?” he says with a huge grin on his face.

Me: (Only missing half a beat) “Oh... just something for a little art project I'm working on” I say grinning from ear to ear.

UPS Guy: “Oh, right?” he says with a cheeky grin and a knowing nod, as if he didn't quite believe me.

He knew exactly what was in there! :haha4:
I doubt it's the first Doll he's delivered and I'm sure it won't be the last. :wink:

Getting the (according to UPS) 60kg box up the stairs into my room was a tad tricky but not unmanageable. It probably would have been an issue if I was older or in poorer health, so definitely a consideration for potential future Doll purchases.

I haven't had chance to take her out of her box yet to inspect her, and because of my schedule, it may be a few more days before I can, but I'm greatly looking forward to meeting her.

Once she's settled in and I've gotten to grips with her I'll be more than happy to post pictures. I'll also post vendor and product reviews, although as this is my first Doll they'll both be entirely subjective.

I'd like to thank all of the individuals of TDF responsible for all of the excellent guides pertaining to care, cleaning and maintenance of TPE, make up and hair tutorials etc. No doubt I'll be frequently referring to your valuable information time and again in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks to you, Reader, if you managed to get all of the way through this without dozing off. :sleeping:

Finally I'd like to thank Dali of TDF management for sorting out my account when I had trouble logging in.

:glou:

Kind regards,

LP

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Who knew?

Post by optical delusion »

ha, thanks for the laugh, and welcome to tdf.

i do agree that the old delivery guys are catching on to all these large brown boxes from china containing these "mannequins". i had the same feeling when i first learned about dolls but that was some years ago before tpe dolls even existed so i had a very long wait before they were in the realm of possibility.

take your time with your new companion. day one can be exhausting but its the aching back on day 2 that's the hardest part. just make sure you wash wash wash when you open her up, well, do that after you stop staring at her thinking is "is this real? did i really do this?"

congratulations and once again, welcome

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Welcome to TDF! and congrats on your girl!
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

Dude, fair warning!

Once you let one of them into your home, it's all over. They'll start inviting their friends over, they'll find your credit cards and start ordering clothes, shoes, makeup. If they like to show off, they'll start buying you photography crap you never knew you even NEEDED!

Trust me, I know...
(But I couldn't be happier)
:haha4:
Attachments
AllThree (3).JPG
AllThree (3).JPG (793.45 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

zedoh6

Post by zedoh6 »

Welcome to the forum!

Have fun learning about your new companion and taking care of her. This forum is filled with talented and knowledgeable people who are willing to help if you have any questions.

You are a wonderful storyteller! Please consider sharing your doll's adventures with us.

Eve: left, Ada: right [Doll Sweet DS Mini]

Harumi [Doll Sweet EVO 145]

zedoh6
Eve, Ada, and Harumi's Photo Thread
Mannequins Photo Thread

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Hello!

Eva and I welcome you!!

20180408_222948.jpg
20180408_222948.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1339 times
My funny delivery story is:

I took a half day off work just to welcome Eva home.
wouldn't you know that the one day I NEEDED FedEx to be regular, they were early?
We never see them before 2 pm in my town, and I missed FedEx by 20 Minutes.
Door tag city...
Well, I grabbed the door tag, hopped into my vehicle and started looking for the FedEx van.
muttering curses the entire time.
Made a loop around town a couple times (only advantage of living in a small town), and caught a glimpse of the Van outside the local hospital.
I waited by the Van in a no parking zone... did I care? hell no. then the FedEx lady came out and she knew me from where Ii work.
Checked the truck and Eva was on it!
She helped me unload it into my vehicle and commented on how heavy it was. Looking at me like I know what you got in there!
I just signed the pad and asked her if she wanted to come help me put this IKEA shelf unit together!
She told me previously, Oh If I would have known that was yours, I would have stopped off at the dealership and delivered it... (great she would have delivered my doll to my work!!) no thanks! Since the box was so big I would certainly bet someone would have opened it!
I just told her it's ok, I got it now!!

RainKing
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

And WELCOME!

Oh the knowing glance . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

Cool intro story. I hope you get to open her up soon. My first poor babe had to be kept unopened in storage for months because I was in the process of moving, but it was Black Friday 2016 and there was never a better deal on her (WM-140/A).

Once I finally opened my first doll, I think my life changed forever in a good way. So you'll definitely want to be able to dedicate several hours on first reveal. :)

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Welcome, Congrats and Have Fun!

My Doll Album is here!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Hi-There.jpg
Hi Laura... welcome to the madness!! Our delivery drivers are pretty nice guys/gals for the most part. They do drive fast, and sometimes the bumps cause us to be bouncing around too much. But we are packed quite well. It does feel good to get out of the stuffy box, and have a look at our new guy!!!
all the best to you and your new lady!!
Hugs!!
LuAnne!!

Laura Palmer

Post by Laura Palmer »

Thank you all for the warm welcome :D
optical delusion wrote:ha, thanks for the laugh, and welcome to tdf.

i do agree that the old delivery guys are catching on to all these large brown boxes from china containing these "mannequins". i had the same feeling when i first learned about dolls but that was some years ago before tpe dolls even existed so i had a very long wait before they were in the realm of possibility.

take your time with your new companion. day one can be exhausting but its the aching back on day 2 that's the hardest part. just make sure you wash wash wash when you open her up, well, do that after you stop staring at her thinking is "is this real? did i really do this?"

congratulations and once again, welcome
Thank you. In a way, I feel quite fortunate that the time between me discovering Dolls and owning one has been relatively short, as they've rarely been far from my thoughts over the past six weeks. Thanks for the advice, I feel like I've got a fairly good idea of how to proceed when I unbox her based on all the information gathered from TDF and all the notes I've made. Assuming of course, that I can stop staring at her. :wink:
gunsmithcat wrote:Welcome to TDF! and congrats on your girl!
Thank you! :D
The Romantic wrote:Dude, fair warning!

Once you let one of them into your home, it's all over. They'll start inviting their friends over, they'll find your credit cards and start ordering clothes, shoes, makeup. If they like to show off, they'll start buying you photography crap you never knew you even NEEDED!

Trust me, I know...
(But I couldn't be happier)
:haha4:

Ha! Yeah, I can imagine. I've already got some clothes, shoes and makeup, no doubt she'll want some more at some point though. That reminds me actually, a new camera may need to be the next investment as the one on my phone really isn't that great and my digital camera is over fifteen years old. 8O
zedoh6 wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Have fun learning about your new companion and taking care of her. This forum is filled with talented and knowledgeable people who are willing to help if you have any questions.

You are a wonderful storyteller! Please consider sharing your doll's adventures with us.

Thank you very much, I will! :D

RainKing wrote:Hello!

Eva and I welcome you!!

20180408_222948.jpg
My funny delivery story is:

I took a half day off work just to welcome Eva home.
wouldn't you know that the one day I NEEDED FedEx to be regular, they were early?
We never see them before 2 pm in my town, and I missed FedEx by 20 Minutes.
Door tag city...
Well, I grabbed the door tag, hopped into my vehicle and started looking for the FedEx van.
muttering curses the entire time.
Made a loop around town a couple times (only advantage of living in a small town), and caught a glimpse of the Van outside the local hospital.
I waited by the Van in a no parking zone... did I care? hell no. then the FedEx lady came out and she knew me from where Ii work.
Checked the truck and Eva was on it!
She helped me unload it into my vehicle and commented on how heavy it was. Looking at me like I know what you got in there!
I just signed the pad and asked her if she wanted to come help me put this IKEA shelf unit together!
She told me previously, Oh If I would have known that was yours, I would have stopped off at the dealership and delivered it... (great she would have delivered my doll to my work!!) no thanks! Since the box was so big I would certainly bet someone would have opened it!
I just told her it's ok, I got it now!!

RainKing
Thank you :D That's an awesome story. It must have been a relief when you finally got Eva safely home after all that rushing around.

You'd have to be careful if you ever got another Doll, as she'd probably be delivered by the same FedEx lady. Who'd remember you and delivered her straight to your work. Where one of your colleagues would open her up! :razz:

haremlover wrote:Hi!

And WELCOME!

Oh the knowing glance . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Thank you :D You have a fair few Dolls right Harem? Have you ever had the same delivery person on more than one occasion? I do wonder if any of these delivery drivers end up doing a bit of Doll research after the fact.

DexterQuest wrote:Cool intro story. I hope you get to open her up soon. My first poor babe had to be kept unopened in storage for months because I was in the process of moving, but it was Black Friday 2016 and there was never a better deal on her (WM-140/A).

Once I finally opened my first doll, I think my life changed forever in a good way. So you'll definitely want to be able to dedicate several hours on first reveal. :)
Thank you :D That's great, I'm glad to hear that. It must have been frustrating having to wait all of that time before you could meet her. Conversely though, was it a comfort at all knowing she was already there for you when you had finished your move?
HotDiggityDoll wrote:Welcome, Congrats and Have Fun

Thank you! I'm sure I will! :D
RGC_0767 wrote:
Hi-There.jpg
Hi Laura... welcome to the madness!! Our delivery drivers are pretty nice guys/gals for the most part. They do drive fast, and sometimes the bumps cause us to be bouncing around too much. But we are packed quite well. It does feel good to get out of the stuffy box, and have a look at our new guy!!!
all the best to you and your new lady!!
Hugs!!
LuAnne!!
Hey there LuAnne, thank you. :D

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

heya! and welcome! :D

Laura Palmer

Post by Laura Palmer »

Zippy81 wrote:heya! and welcome! :D
Hey Zippy, thank you! :D

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Laura Palmer wrote:

That reminds me actually, a new camera may need to be the next investment as the one on my phone really isn't that great and my digital camera is over fifteen years old. 8O
If you happen to have an Android phone, the default camera is quite crappy. But there is a solution. An app called "A Better Camera App" it IS better, since I've been using it it takes much better pics. And it did not cost me any money. A post on TDF here put me onto that app... its great!!
Maybe there is a version for iphone too???

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Down the rabbit hole! Glad you found the forum and congrats on sponsoring a cute doll. :)

INFORMATIONS