realsexdoll.com

Are my expectations unrealistic?

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Jack_Doff
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Are my expectations unrealistic?

Post by Jack_Doff »

I purchased a WM Doll shortly after the Christmas holidays 2017. Now this might have been my first mistake, as apparently all and sundae were apparently doing likewise and the manufactures were working flat out to keep up with demand. So I now question if the quality of my doll is the cause of so many issues, or just something to be expected, despite a $2k+ ($2.5AUD) price tag?

I had done what I considered to be a reasonable amount of research in the months prior to purchase, sadly however I didn’t come across the Doll Forum during that time. Whilst generally valuable, sometimes item you come across during research can be misleading. I’ll get to that in a bit

As I imagine most will agree, a few grand spent on a doll is a fair investment, and an investment I expected to last for a reasonable period of time, 12 months at the very least. So having taken the plunge, selected my doll body, head and options, I placed the order and waited, admittedly, somewhat impatiently for it to arrive. Almost a month including a small delay due to Australian Border Force questions and request for information (purchase receipt, photos and link to sellers’ site) passed before the doll eventually arrived.

Whilst I had used my tape measure a few times to give me an idea of doll sizes, I was still not prepared for the size of the box or indeed the weight. 35Kg isn’t that heavy in the scheme of things, until you have a dead weight and awkward shape to carry.
TIP: My first tip is that opening the box is obviously easiest done flat on the floor, however once open, you might want to consider standing it up when it comes to removing the doll itself. At least that way you’re straight backed when you remove it from the box.

Within a day, the souls of the dolls feet started to split. Now I didn’t select the (non-default) Standing Feet option. In part, that decision was made partly based on my ignorance and partly on an image I had seen in my travels of a doll standing on a metal platform, looking, for all intense and purpose like a mannequin. I assumed, incorrectly is seems, that the purpose of standing feet was to affix to a platform.

Having contacted the vendor, I was offered a second dolls head (of my choice) as a form of compensation. I believe now that I have been stupid to accept, as without major work and the right materials, the feet are fairly well buggered (technical term).

I still don’t understand why there are two types of feet. It’s clear that users are going to move a doll around and when they do, at some point the doll will be on its feet. So if the feet aren’t capable of dealing with that, then that has to rate as a significate issue. Also, if standing feet are the recommendation, it should be the Standard Option, not the alternative. Why even produce an option that is not capable of holding up the weight of the doll without rapid deterioration?

Currently I have bound the feet up, fitted socks and sneakers to try and halt the deterioration having have lumps of silicone begin to come away and the remaining silicone turn black from the metal inside the foot, which is now also visible. This is less than ideal as anytime I wish to shower the doll, I have to undo and redo everything. Glue alone will not repair the feet.
TIP: Potentially you might want to give serious consideration to Standing Feet, especially as some vendors now seem to be offering that option free-of-charge.

Despite several exchanges highlighting my concerns, the 2nd head arrived with the incorrect skin tone. My doll is light tan, which was recommend by the vendor and the 2nd head is natural. In the meantime, the eye lashes have come away from the dolls head and a finger has gone all floppy. Eyes are packed with cotton wool, which is a cheap solution. I considered trying out marbles to replace the cotton wool and help the eyes swivel but saw a post from someone yesterday who suggested plastic beads from an art shop...even better!!

One floppy finger quickly turns into all fingers which have come away from the hand internally and flop around. When I looked at the videos on how to repair fingers, I saw what looks to be pipe clears (metal wire, coated with cotton wool and used to clean out old tobacco pipes), being used as the structure for the fingers. As a child, we used metal coat hangers for all sort of stuff and I quickly learned that bending wire back and forth several times will break the wire, so what on earth are the manufacturers thinking when selecting wire as a solution? After hearing about metal skeletons prior to purchase, my expectations didn’t for one moment consider that the fingers would be anything other than a metal skeletal design. One hand then turns into two hands with the same problem and now one foot has wire protruding out between toes.

A new head is delivered, this time the skin tone is only a couple of shades off that of the body and hardly noticeable in indoor light. I’m so over it, I really couldn’t be bothered to request another and besides, the rate of deterioration of the dolls made me think there would be little left to attach the head to other than a bare metal skeleton…with no fingers. OK, note to self, try to lay off the sarcasm.

What the new head did highlight was the fact that the original head was poorly manufactured. Rather than just the single orifice, the original head was also open up into the eye sockets and liquids could also penetrate to the threaded fixing which, as a consequence, turned the fixing rusty and stained the neck of the doll. The new head has only the one orifice which appears to be fully enclosed. Perfect.

OK, I’ll be fair and positive for a brief moment, the torso is looking pretty good still, but then again, it’s only been a couple of months, so it bloody well should be. Unfortunately, whilst waiting for that final head to arrive, the doll suffered a major split between the vaginal and anal area, with the labia opening up to encompass both holes. The damage, 10cm’s in length and about 2.5 – 3.5cm’s deep and fairly unsightly.

I had asked the vendor to send me some glue with the replacement head, which took almost 3 weeks to arrive. I’ve repaired a couple of small splits and that’s one thing, but this tear is huge and I suspect will have to be undertaken in stages and over a period of a couple of weeks. None of the repair videos I’ve seen to-date, show anything like a repair this large. I’m considering trying sil_poxy instead of the vendors glue, which came in one tiny unmarked and the other tiny labelled (in Chinese) bottles.

I will say in fairness to the vendor, that communications have been excellent for the most part. Ultimately my issue is with the quality of the product and the manufacturing process.

I consider that I look after my property, and treat it well, as I have done with the doll. In many respects I’m fairly handy…with my hands lol, am analytical and mechanically minded, with plenty of past DIY experience, but I’m no surgeon. I wasn’t expecting surgical skills would be required this early on in the game.

I feel there should be some mesh strengthening (similar to that used when fibre glassing or surgery to support muscles/skin growth) placed in weak areas, i.e. between the vaginal and anal area, during the manufacturing process to prevent the issue I have experienced

I understand sellers can’t or don’t want to include glues, etc., in with the dolls due to delivery issues, however no glue, means dolls are out-of-service in some cases until repairs are completed. Furthermore, purchasers are left to try and find substitutes for parts, like fingers or fillers, as there seems to be none offered by the sellers. I feel a basic repair kit should at the very least be offered and either included in the cost and shipped separately or advertised as an Optional Extra.

Better still, cheap solutions used in the fingers, should be eliminated from the process and something more suitable used in its place. Minor repairs caused by bumps and knocks when moving the doll I can accept, I just can’t accept the amount of issues I’ve already experienced in just a couple of months, with the impression, more is to come. Ultimately, I now have a $2.5k doll that’s perhaps worth $800 - $1000 to someone who is willing to carry out the repairs.

So, is it unreasonable to expect a doll that is still less than 3 months old, to be in a far better condition than mine is currently?

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Re: Are my expectations unrealistic?

Post by WhataTimeToBeAlive »

Friendly bump.

Dont have a doll yet, but have taken your bittersweet tale into account. I do hope another member can comment though...

Zodiark F
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Zodiark F »

Wow, that's...strange. I have had my first doll (also a WM) for 3 months now and the vagina started tearing a bit after 2 weeks but I'm pretty sure it was my fault for leaving her legs wide open for way too long. After that I started using her butthole more which has also started tearing but it's nothing major like you describe here, besides I talked to the vendor and they have sent me some TPE glue for free. Apart from those small issues I'm still very happy with my doll.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

WM dolls are TPE, not silicone. TPE dolls require more maintenance than silicone and are tougher to repair than silicone.
Also, a smaller and lighter doll is better for a first, 140cm to 145cm is a good first doll weight wise.
TPE dolls have shitty, easy to break wires in the fingers. They break easy and also come disconnected from the palm plate.
I got my first doll a little over 2 years ago. A Sanhui 145 silicone doll. She weighs 60 pounds. Took about 2 weeks to get used to handling her and moving her around. She had a manufacturing defect when I got her and Sanhui replaced her body. I have had that new body for almost 2 years.
I have had a few small issues that were easily fixed because she is silicone. Finger wires have not been a problem except for finger pokes, which again, are easily repairable. No broken wires or separation from the palm plate. The wires in my silicone lady are much thicker than ones in TPE ladies and also have a rubbery plastic coating on them.
No tears in the vagina or ass. Had a little tear in one of her labia, easily repaired. And she has been used a lot for sexual purposes.
Don't know what to tell you since you accepted the extra head peace offering from the vendor.
To anyone else, I would say in my opinion to do extensive research before buying and silicone ladies are better first dolls because they are easier to maintain and repair. And they are a little better made as well.
Just my 2 cents.......

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

If you have a handheld TPE toy "handy" :) If you can spare to put a hole in... take your finger and try to push through it. You will find it is very easy to do.
TPE is not real tough. It's flexible quite a bit. but is not indestructible.
Yes, you tried to stand your lady with non standing foot, and the steel broke through the foot/ankle. Broken fingers are very common as I've learned in my short time as an owner. I've posed my lady on her knees and of course the concern is the skeleton breaking through.
Please do not try to use glue in the vaginal areas. It wont work all that well. and the damage may end up worse.

Myself and many others can help you with fixing fingers. I've done my lady with some success, but I was not fully happy with the job, but can fix with ease now that some experience is gained. I deleted my thread, of finger fix, cuz I was going through some crap in my mind.. DOLLLssss ARGGGGhhhhh
But it's not TDF's or anybody else but my screwed up mind to blame.

Your doll should last a MINIMUM of a year.
I bought mine about the same time as you and I've had to fix fingers, had to re-furbish her vaginal area... so it's not uncommon these problems can exist.

But find another solution to glues. It can work on low stress areas well, but not on the higher stressed
Any type of silicone adhesive/putty/epoxy. will not work with TPE. Silicone differs greatly from TPE.

Shoot us some pics of your damage... and we can all brain bump together and see what can be done....

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

I find its just the Luck of the Draw, you can end up with something substantial, or something that is just going to fall apart as soon as it can, it is said to never buy a car that you know was manufactured on a Friday, and there is probably a lot of truth behind that old myth, I feel these TPE Dolls follow the same exact suit.

fbiwestin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by fbiwestin »

From what I've seen, WM Dolls usually don't have any issues. Maybe you've just got some bad luck and got a bad batch... But then again, WM Dolls is a Chinese company~ #ChinaQuality :razz:
Gonna take a doll industry revolution for them makers to pump out QoL improvements that are worth it, lol.

About the weight, yeah, for potential newcomers, weight is not a joke. Your 35kg dumbbell is NOTHING like a 35kg doll. I had to ignore the ottoman I bought for my doll cause getting her up from the ground will just get my lower back screaming at me. Forced me to use her shipping box, standing up in my closet to hide her~

The standing feet, yeah. Well, you got yourself to blame for that~ Some people buy the doll to take pro pics and metal bits on the feet will ruin that immersion, right?...my conclusion, your research game needs some work~

In my experience, no matter how much researching you do when buying dolls, there's alot more luck involved than as much as we'd like. We can't see or test out the product before we buy them, opinions and reviews are few and varied, gotta scroll through tons of fake, polished product pics, product info is all over the fucking place, "Shipping Games" (I came & you weren't at home bro, lololol) and huge non-friendly returnability of a product(you wanna personally pay shipping for exporting 40kg huge box?!? $$$)

All this bullshit for a realistic size action figure, I know what your pain feels like man~ :shakefist:

I bought my doll from Alibaba for about ~1500USD including a new head and all them import fees and crap.
Expensive doesn't always mean good~ I found that most doll vendors set their profits too high...(2k+ for TPE...haha nope in my book) Look at my doll~ I'm doing ok like the rest of the users here~ Taking Pics, sleeping and all them doll activites!

There's a ottoman that fits any doll and is likely the rare ones you can buy on the web that you can hide your doll in plain sight selling for $700USD at sexysexdoll. A ottoman...700USD. I get that it's rare to find ottomans that big but come on, it ain't even got real leather and I bet it's got a strong nasty plastic smell if you open it up. fuck that.

Also, your vendor might be nice to you but really to me, seller vs buyer, you've lost the moment you sent them payment. I rather give you a little gift to sidetrack you than you getting pissed & determined with me ending up with your 30~kg TPE dead weight shipped back to me with Paypal chargeback bullshit.

Bro to Bro real talk:
There's not much you can do at this point unless you wanna keep dumping $ into this uncertain repairing black hole or buy another one. Just suuuck it up~, it's life~ Just another life experience bought using money, countless people including me have bought way more expensive junk than you have.
Starpery 174 D-Cup viewtopic.php?t=166917

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

gonestill77 wrote:WM dolls are TPE, not silicone. TPE dolls require more maintenance than silicone and are tougher to repair than silicone.
Also, a smaller and lighter doll is better for a first, 140cm to 145cm is a good first doll weight wise.
TPE dolls have shitty, easy to break wires in the fingers. They break easy and also come disconnected from the palm plate.
I got my first doll a little over 2 years ago. A Sanhui 145 silicone doll. She weighs 60 pounds. Took about 2 weeks to get used to handling her and moving her around. She had a manufacturing defect when I got her and Sanhui replaced her body. I have had that new body for almost 2 years.
I have had a few small issues that were easily fixed because she is silicone. Finger wires have not been a problem except for finger pokes, which again, are easily repairable. No broken wires or separation from the palm plate. The wires in my silicone lady are much thicker than ones in TPE ladies and also have a rubbery plastic coating on them.
No tears in the vagina or ass. Had a little tear in one of her labia, easily repaired. And she has been used a lot for sexual purposes.
Don't know what to tell you since you accepted the extra head peace offering from the vendor.
To anyone else, I would say in my opinion to do extensive research before buying and silicone ladies are better first dolls because they are easier to maintain and repair. And they are a little better made as well.
Just my 2 cents.......

I have to disagree. This TPE doll is almost 2 years old (June), been used a lot, been standing almost 2 years, still damn near perfect, no broken fingers or anything, and I took this picture about a week ago.

Having said that, my oldest TPE doll does have 9 broken fingers that separated from her hand plate, but that defect got addressed around 2016. My other 4 (of 5) TPE dolls do not have a broken finger (or anything) between them. I also have a silicone Real Doll, and while she is easier to repair, needs it more often, and I don't even want to talk about my other fragile-ass expensive silicone doll I sold. She was a repair waiting to happen. TPE dolls can survive a much greater pounding in the sack, are far more flexible, and have greater range of motion. I highly recommend them for a 1st doll, because they will get the job done good as any, and if you do damage them or decide dolls aren't for you, you haven't broken the bank. In my view, they are by far the most bang per buck. The doll above costed me $1695. My Real Doll (below) was over $7000. Is it better? Yeah, but not 4 times.

sly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by sly »

Which vendor did you purchase your doll from if you don't mind me asking?

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

That's a bummer. Only one out of the seven I have had major issues. And that bad one was an off brand non tdf approved doll.

Vendors should explain what the standing foot does. Without the forum, I'm sure I would have gotten the non standing and would regret that.

Shouldn't tpe be repaired with melting? I haven't done any, but I saw a video once.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

DexterQuest wrote:That's a bummer. Only one out of the seven I have had major issues. And that bad one was an off brand non tdf approved doll.

Vendors should explain what the standing foot does. Without the forum, I'm sure I would have gotten the non standing and would regret that.

Shouldn't tpe be repaired with melting? I haven't done any, but I saw a video once.
My limited experience, yes melting/fusing/ adding/melting in more TPE is the way to go. But again it takes a lot of practice. and also depends on the wound.
It's easy to screw up with too much heat. Practice and Experience.

I've been thinking about modifying my non-standing lady to standing. I'd have to peel her skin from toes right up to the hip, and beef up all the joints and then strengthen the foot.... LOL... Not really worth the time.
It'd be good for a laugh though :)
From the way I see the guys with the ladies who do stand, need to have help leaning on things, etc. It's not a fully independent thing. They'll fall flat on their face if unbalanced and unattended.
Helps with dressing and cleaning the standing foot I suppose.

Be cool if they could take them to a nightclub dancing :)

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

sly wrote:Which vendor did you purchase your doll from if you don't mind me asking?
Are you asking me? The TPE doll came from Booty Call Dolls. The Real Doll came from Abyss Creations.
DexterQuest wrote:That's a bummer. Only one out of the seven I have had major issues. And that bad one was an off brand non tdf approved doll.

Melting matching TPE with a heat gun and hot knife is probably best for larger wounds, TPE glue for smaller ones. But you better have some good ventilation if you plan to do any melting. Those fumes will kill you.
Non-standing dolls CAN stand, but the end result is usually foot damage. The more you move/bend the doll, the sooner she will loosen up and stand no more. A doll must be stiff to stand, but a floppy doll is better in bed.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

Everyone has answered well above and I probably haven't read everything.

However, I'd be interested in which vendor you bought from.

There are two tips which are important - tears will occur if the legs are spread wide and if there isn't good lubrication.

Sex with a doll might best be with her legs brought up to a sitting position and higher, even towards the breasts a little, and then spread apart just enough to bring the hole to a natural size. That way, minimum strain is put onto the material in action. This is what DS recommended years ago and it's more widely and generally applicable.

Best wishes

Harem

Jack_Doff
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jack_Doff »

All, many thanks for all your insights and suggestions.

It’s interesting how some suggested Silicone is more robust the TPE, while others go the other way. I was advised prior to purchase the TPE was the way to go and will admit that with the price difference, I would have reluctant to purchase the more expensive silicone dolls when taking my first step into the world of sex dolls.

It’s not like we can pop down the street to the local sex doll outlet and checkout what’s on offer and chat with the assistant there. So if nothing else, I think it’s important that potential (new) purchasers, who like me have little to no experience, are offered, via these forums, some insights into the things they might want to consider.
Melting matching TPE with a heat gun and hot knife is probably best for larger wounds
Honestly, while I consider myself fairly competent, I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that just yet. I tried the TPE glue, but the area is too large and it didn't take well. I'll probably box the doll for a while until I decide what my next move is. :(
There are two tips which are important - tears will occur if the legs are spread wide and if there isn't good lubrication.
Thanks, good tips. They highlight two things for me;
1) the need for dolls to be delivered with a 'How to' manual'. It doesn't have to be 'War and Peace', just provide the best tips on ensuring maximum longevity for the doll. Sadly, all the advice comes post disaster, when a little pro-activity by the manufactures or sellers could save everyone a lot of heartache.
2) The need to either strengthen the doll in that area or limit the distance the legs can be parted.

Maybe my next topic will be, Should we so easily accept flaws, due to poor design / testing?
However, I'd be interested in which vendor you bought from
Sexy Real Sexy Dolls. In fairness to them, they have been fantastic with the communications back and forth and have continued their support throughout all the various issues with the doll, incorrect deliveries, missing video on their site, providing useful links, etc., etc. Others might have just said "screw it" by now, but Joe has hung on in there.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Begog wrote:
gonestill77 wrote:WM dolls are TPE, not silicone. TPE dolls require more maintenance than silicone and are tougher to repair than silicone.
Just my 2 cents.......

I have to disagree. This TPE doll is almost 2 years old (June), been used a lot, been standing almost 2 years, still damn near perfect, no broken fingers or anything, and I took this picture about a week ago.

Having said that, my oldest TPE doll does have 9 broken fingers that separated from her hand plate, but that defect got addressed around 2016. My other 4 (of 5) TPE dolls do not have a broken finger (or anything) between them. I also have a silicone Real Doll, and while she is easier to repair, needs it more often, and I don't even want to talk about my other fragile-ass expensive silicone doll I sold. She was a repair waiting to happen. TPE dolls can survive a much greater pounding in the sack, are far more flexible, and have greater range of motion. I highly recommend them for a 1st doll, because they will get the job done good as any, and if you do damage them or decide dolls aren't for you, you haven't broken the bank. In my view, they are by far the most bang per buck. The doll above costed me $1695. My Real Doll (below) was over $7000. Is it better? Yeah, but not 4 times.
Well, I guess individual experience may vary. I am Samara78's apprentice and have recently seen a few TPE ladies with finger wire problems and the dolls were less than a year old. I have seen the wires they use and they are very thin and very cheap and easy to break and wrapped in string.

I didn't break the bank with my Sanhui lady. At the time, she cost about the same as a TPE lady of the same size. More recent prices show about a 100 to 200 dollar difference in price unless you find a vendor offering a discount price for a Sanhui.

Another guy who is a newbie I got to meet ordered his first 2 dolls at the same time. A WM and a Sanhui, and he prefers the Sanhui over the WM because Sanhui now has a ball joint skeleton and he likes the way she feels over the TPE because the TPE felt too spongy and unrealistic.

Again, I think individual experience varies. That is also why I said it was just my opinion because opinions vary as well. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, love that photo of Kwench.....

Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

INFORMATIONS