realsexdoll.com

Newbie / lurker, first time poster, feeling overwhelmed!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

puriya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Newbie / lurker, first time poster, feeling overwhelmed!

Post by puriya »

As a newbie myself and a recent owner of my first two dolls for about a month now, I'll share my initial thoughts for those newbies who are also interested in purchasing their first doll.

I own a silicon doll with loose joints and a TPE doll with stiff joints, make and model are DS Doll 145cm D cup (silicon) and WM doll D cup 139cm (TPE). I was interested to see the differences in the variations of doll materials and joint options, so I mixed and matched to see which one I'd prefer. My conclusion is that I prefer silicon dolls with stiff joints. Though silicon is tougher than TPE, it provides a more durable doll with less risk of tearing and has less a less oily feel to it. Also I personally think the feel of silicon is more realistic than TPE, which feels too squishy IMHO (of course this depends on make and model of doll, as well as personal preference). And I prefer stiff joints over loose joints simply due to the fact that you cannot position the doll in any way without her collapsing. I initially thought I'd prefer loose joints over stiff joints for a more realistic experience, however you'll find that it's difficult to have her maintain any position, and you'll also get tired from moving her around and stabilizing her. Stiff joints is the way to go for sure.

So in conclusion, silicon material and stiff joints are my own personal preferences. As for doll brands, I can only speak from experience to the two brands I purchased, which are DS Doll and WM doll, and I prefer DS doll over WM doll. DS doll is one the best brands out there, but it also comes with a higher price tag, and they only make silicon dolls. WM dolls is also a good affordable high quality doll if you prefer TPE too.

Anyways, just sharing some initial thoughts with newcomers here since I'm also a relative newbie!

Peace out

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Idollatry7 wrote:Thank you RGC; The story of Rose is Brilliant! She really knows how to get around :D I imagine that shoot took a while. Reminds me of claymation... posing every scene.
DEXTER (laboratory) QUEST (johnny): Thank you!
Art is still recovering from the Horrors of being a Trade Show Model. Once he is in a good space emotionally, I will re-expose him to the Lime Light :-D
MKUltra Model Dolls (Beta Sex Kitten Model) & the Illuminati (LOL)
"They touched me... all over" Art :|
See Art's Checked Past in this Original Thread by TOOTSIE. viewtopic.php?p=1294024
Thanks for playing dolls with me!
Just goes to show, dolls have their issues too. Late trains, unhelpful people. Yes dolls have their aches and pains too. Stiff joints, little cuts.
Congratulations on the rare "Brad Pitt" I wonder if you could ever get a photo op with Brad and Art... That would be a laugh and 3/4 +++ :)

Idollatry7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Idollatry7 »

[quote="hollows+fentiman"]Idollatry7, I was thinking about your situation and how you might move Art around or get him posing!
hollows+fentiman
Thank you for your brain power. Art is difficult to move even a few feet, impossible to 'pick him up'. I have access to a dolly handcart, however would have issues getting him on it, then lifting. I will have someone help me place Art on a Cot with a 4 inch foam mattress (when purchased). I agree, from that higher perch, Art will be easier to stand, and wall lean against padding.
I still have not figured out how to dance cheek to cheek.
:whistle:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

tigerdriver wrote:I feel like a guy lusting over a woman that I know is bad for me :lol: :lol:
Hi tigerdriver. Welcome to the forum and glad you found us here before purchasing.

Weight is certainly a factor but if you're in decent shape, heavy dolls can be managed without too much trouble, especially if you aren't taking her around with you everywhere you go.

Fold her up in a big blanket, like a sash, and carry her like a two-handed duffle bag. The way a weightlifter uses the "deadlift" technique. Lifting and setting down is much easier this way than with the bridal carry. But if your gut tells you that she's too heavy, then you should probably shop around. Good luck.

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

I have read here that some members have issues due to the weight of their doll.
I have bought recently up to 9 heavy dolls and I have also bought (second hand ) a PATIENT LIFTER for less than 300 USD. That is the best solution I think in case your doll is too heavy for you to displace it on same ground level.

I have also read that some members are concerned with standing feet bolts and damages to the feet when the doll is standing.Furthermore the bolts head damage the floor and the TPE of the feet oil it. I solved these problems by buying ADJUSTABLE SUPPORT for heavy furnitures and so on (AMAZON, VITAL PARTS). I found M6 and M8 bolts with fitted at the head an heavy duty NYLON or RUBBER round head. When the feet are fitted with these supports, the TPE do not touch the ground.(only two supports per feet are needed, the third bolt is permanently removed.) When the doll is lying the 4 supports may be unscrewed easily so the feet look better (only two small tears per feet).

INFORMATIONS