realsexdoll.com

New to the scene - Observing, Learning, Impressed!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

forhiswidow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

New to the scene - Observing, Learning, Impressed!

Post by forhiswidow »

New here. Located near San Antonio, Texas. I first posted a plea for advice last week, and shared story of how I ended up finding and signing on to this dreamy place. The response received was fast, and very helpful! I'm a retired Army medic, helping a veteran's wife find a good home for a good friend he had recently acquired, but who he never really got a chance to know because of deployment-related illness that suddenly consumed him shortly after he placed his order for Natalie, and ending his life at a very early age. Am hoping it will not be long before I can post some pics of Natalie! She's quite the hot number. I'll be frank. I had some minor reservations about entering this mysterious world of doll forums, but OMG, am I impressed. My thoughts are evolving in a fantastic way, the more I dive in. My intent is to help his widow find that new home for Natalie, and I am certain that is what he would have wanted out of a long-term fellow Army buddy. But honestly, I think once this is completed, I'll remain around a little and continue to ..... evolve! :) Thanks for letting me in....

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: New to the scene - Observing, Learning, Impressed!

Post by Slew »

Hi forhiswidow.. Welcome To The Doll Forums <---(click for some welcome-wagon spam)

It's honourable you're doing this for your buddy and for his widow, and it's also great to hear you're enjoying learning about the world of dolls. I hope you do stick around and hang out with us. :thumbs_up:

forhiswidow wrote:I first posted a plea for advice last week, and shared story of how I ended up finding and signing on to this dreamy place.
This part confuses me. Since the above seems to be your very first post, at least with the 'forhiswidow' account. Did you sign in with your friend's account last week? Just trying to keep track of accounts, as only one regular account is allowed per member.

forhiswidow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by forhiswidow »

no. forhiswidow is the account /username "I" created to help her. I'm a bit unsavvy on how to locate that one, but it was the only one prior to this one. I received some guidance on how take pics of the doll, and then prep for upload. As you know though, and I've learned, I will "not" be able to do so until I establish myself with 5 approved posts of substance, and not just willy-nilly stuff, including emoticons, etc. Preaching to the choir, I know. lol. well, just trying to understand and abide by the rules best I can. Thanks for the patience....

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Seattle Slew wrote:Hi forhiswidow.. Welcome To The Doll Forums <---(click for some welcome-wagon spam)

It's honourable you're doing this for your buddy and for his widow, and it's also great to hear you're enjoying learning about the world of dolls. I hope you do stick around and hang out with us. :thumbs_up:

forhiswidow wrote:I first posted a plea for advice last week, and shared story of how I ended up finding and signing on to this dreamy place.
This part confuses me. Since the above seems to be your very first post, at least with the 'forhiswidow' account. Did you sign in with your friend's account last week? Just trying to keep track of accounts, as only one regular account is allowed per member.
Now I'm confused. How do doll accounts work? Are there AI dolls now?? They put their owner/man in the box or closet and then let loose on TDF? LOL just kidding around!!

forhiswidow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by forhiswidow »

that sounds a bit witty, so I'll digest further as I sleep tonight. Tantalizing lingo/short-speak, and in step with what's enticing me about this Forum: INTRIGUE! So, AI dolls? Who, Natalie or the poor sap trying to get her betrothed elsewhere? (that's me.... I think) Heading down shortly. Thanks!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

forhiswidow wrote:no. forhiswidow is the account /username "I" created to help her. I'm a bit unsavvy on how to locate that one, but it was the only one prior to this one. .
Hey thanks, but I'm still confused. You said you posted last week, but with what account? Can you remember the username for that account? Or any details from the post, like the subject title?

Anyhow, this is not a huge deal or anything as you clearly aren't intending to use two accounts here for subterfuge. I just like to dot my t's and cross my eyes... :evidence:

forhiswidow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by forhiswidow »

I'm lost. I'll admit it. realllly big L O L! No shame though, I'm a big boy. I'll just try understanding some of the lingo of others who are posting wildly. It is interesting reading for sure, the parts that are in simple terms. My Son got out the air force (US) a couple years back, after 8 years, and living in Japan most of those. He would LOVE this site.... I am going to send him the link and see how he reacts. I bet that joker has an account already. He was CRAZY crae-crae about those girls over there. Can't blame him. now, all he wants to do is go back somehow. Good luck with that... now that he's all fatted up pretty good after taking off that uniform. Those hot gals over there wouldn't think twice of him now. lol. But, it would be interesting to see what he though of this site. In either scenario, yeah, he'd be all on it I think. well, like I shared, at least its a welcoming, warm sort of site that hasn't "bitten" my little ego yet. I'll learn, and then I'll be all on it. Besides, the pics are priceless.....and FREE thus far. :) Gnite, to whomever is reading this. (my life saying: I might be slow, but I play CATCH UP real good!)

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Okay, then it's time to catch up. Simple question here... did you or did you not post on this forum last week with a different account...?

And if so, what was the username you used?

forhiswidow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by forhiswidow »

Pardon delay. Life calls, grandkids call, yardwork calls. Lol (oh, and did I say my DAY job?) The original post was using the same username "I" created on Wednesday, the 12th. It was created solely for establishing myself on TDF. In that first message, I drafted a message basically saying what the situation is, and asking for help. Then, that same evening there was a PRIVATE message notification in my gmail and that person suggested I contact another person who may be able to help. That was it. Then, after reading more of your instructions here, about having to post so many this so many that, etc... substantial posts, versus emoticons, etc, you can I met. Hold on, I can cut paste the original message I drafted:

"...You have received a new private message from "JC22" to your account on "The
Doll Forum" with the following subject:

Selling ther doll

So, this was what I sent:

First post. 2122 hrs, Feb 12th 2018:
New here. The Not-So-Short:. A U.S. Army Veteran (retired also) friend of mine died in 2016, in-expectantly, and his widow finally brought it out that he had ordered this Doll not long before he died. She is finally getting through her grieving and I've been asked to come up with options for this beautiful doll. I assured her it was such an honor that she came to me and that I appreciated her putting her trust in me with this request. The doll is incredible! I've never seen these before in real life. Just....incredible and so detailed and... "real". Anyhow, all I have are a few snap shots from my cell, of the upper torso sitting on the small couch he had in his "private room", but ok, here I am, and I need some guidance. Good guidance, and advice of course on how to avoid being taken for a fool. I'm treading as lightly as I can, I suppose and want to do the best thing, but this is new. If only to put me in the right direction, I'd be greatly appreciative. I JUST registered to get onto this site, solely for this purpose, and "wow", did not realize such a world existed. Ok, sorry for the dark part of this (death), but can someone please tell me the best way ahead with selling this beautiful doll? Proceeds are of course, to the widow. The Doll is in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you (its getting late, so I likely will post this and head off to sleep. Up and out at 530 each morning. Will check again sometime tomorrow afternoon, or evening). (I read something earlier about not mentioning name brands, etc... so, first just hit me back with some initial guidance. Wrong type of forum, just let me know... Thnx!)

Does this help? I don't wish to jack up my ability to be part of this site/forum. THanks Tom

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

forhiswidow wrote:Does this help? I don't wish to jack up my ability to be part of this site/forum. THanks Tom
Don't worry Tom, your membership and posting freedom is not in jeopardy here. I'm merely confused by your statements and am trying to figure out if there's a second account made by you, which I need to deactivate.

Now that you have 5 posts, you and I can exchange private messages. We'll get it sorted out and then I can stop badgering you. :wink:

forhiswidow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by forhiswidow »

badger as you may!.... I learn that way. Yeah, the ONLY ever username created was forhiswidow on 12 Feb, Wednesday. The problem is likely writing somewhere I should not have, that second time. Anyhow, like I shared: life saying: I might be slow, but I play CATCH UP real good! Will check back later. got some other pressing items next hour or so. Patience is much appreciated!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Chat room, I should have guessed.. :idea:
forhiswidow wrote:Patience is much appreciated!
Aha! I think it's your patience which deserves recognition, not mine. :)

Thanks for going around in a circle with me for a minute. :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS