realsexdoll.com

Just checking this out and getting some insight.

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

neo1968
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just checking this out and getting some insight.

Post by neo1968 »

Hi. I just joined this evening as I'm considering buying a doll in the near future and just wanting to get some feedback on all your experiences and what do to and not to do. Also, where to buy and not to buy. So I'm looking forward to seeing and eventually sharing my experiences as well. Also be warned I might have a ton of questions coming up too. - Neo

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Just checking this out and getting some insight.

Post by Slew »

Welcome Neo. :) Here's a topic to cruise - https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=84046

And check out our listed vendors here: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=210
Our listed vendors have been vetted my forum management for legitimacy, you can shop with confidence.

And our Scam alert section might be helpful as well. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=131

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Got my gal from SRSD, a TDF approved vendor. Great experience all around!

sasb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sasb »

Interestingly I joined here looking to sell mine, because I decided that it's just not for me.

But even though im kind of a noob on the matter I can give this advice: If you're importing from a foreign country, definitely check if and how much you will have to pay for cutsoms. I didn't do that and ended up with a cutoms bill of several hundred euro.

It's probably normal, but I just didnt expect it, so it was kind of an unvoluntary hit on my wallet.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello and welcome to the forum neo1968... :glou:

You can read the Newbies section which is listed in my signature which will answer many of your questions.

Probably one of the most important factors when buying a doll is to not fall head over heels for a doll you cannot handle... What do I mean? Well, I've seen a lot of newbies make the mistake of ordering a doll which is too heavy and wrecks the whole experience. So look at the weights these ladies weigh and do not just go after a gal because of her height. The weight is not concentrated in one area but spread out over a larger area (head, body, arm, legs) there are ways to overcome these issues but many newbies find that the weight to be an issue.

Know what you are getting into first as I always suggest find what the doll weighs and go to your local big-box store and find the equivalent weight so if the doll weighs 90lbs find a bag of concrete and pick that up to see if this is something you are going to be able to lift. Or if the doll weighs 50lbs pick up a 50lb bag of dog food... this will give you an idea what you can handle.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

neo1968
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by neo1968 »

Thanks everybody for the welcome and for your info which will help me a bit for sure! I'm getting a lot of information and I will hope to learn more before I "jump in". This should be fun!

RogerSmith

Post by RogerSmith »

Choose one of the vendors listed on this site. Just about every time a member buys from any vendor, they do unboxing, reviews, photo sets, etc. That doesn't just inform you about the doll, it also forces the vendor and manufacturer under a microscope. If that vendor has a forum section here, then their mistakes are being publicized. With some vendor you found on a search engine you might buy a doll then decide you want to cancel within the 24-hour window, but they ghost you for 6 days with no listed contact phone number or address. That friendly guy from the site's chat box is suddenly impossible to reach. The vendors here can't pull that without being outed as unscrupulous.

INFORMATIONS