realsexdoll.com

SWM seeks Artist Model with benefits

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Mr Consistency

SWM seeks Artist Model with benefits

Post by Mr Consistency »

HA!

Well, not too far from the truth, I suppose. :D

Okay, the obligatory backstory as to what brought me here. As a teenager, I recall many references to the inflatable dolls as jokes in TV shows (notably Benny Hill, but I think from some sitcoms of the '60s as well). Never really gave it much of a thought for many years after that. About 15 years ago give or take, I came across an article (in Wired magazine, I think) about a robotic secretary. The article mentioned the usual things, words-per-minute, etc., but what got my attention was the last part, where it said that wives would not have to worry about their husbands cheating on them with this secretary, as she did not come with the required equipment. My first thought:

:idea: "Someone had to be doing this!"

That led to my discovering the world of the 'Dutch Wife' industry. I still recall the names of 4Woods and RealDoll from back then. But in the end, I left it as an interesting little bit of trivia.

My how times have changed. The market certainly seems larger, and the dolls have gotten more sophistcated, and realistic. This is a good time to give it some more serious thought, though I'm sure there will be even better advances in the future.

Anywho, I must say that I'm seeing some impressive stuff these days, and if I had the spare cash, I might take the plunge. So, in the spirit of what could be in a perfect world (i.e., what I would do if I won the lottery), is to pick up at least one doll I could use as an artist model. Would be cool to have three of different sizes (short, medium, and tall) because of different limb lengths and proportions. I haven't done much since shortly after high school, and this seems like a great way to restart that old hobby (and have a bit of fun, too :wink: ).

One thing that would be a great asset is the hand articulation. Gynoid looks fantastic, but I have read some are having issues with the feet. I could use the old wooden hand dummies, but the ones I am familiar with cannot spread their fingers, just curl. Another issue is the ability to stand for long periods of time. I am aware of the pegged feet (which does not bother me) to help this. But, the question here is how long can they keep this up. I'm sure shoes would help alleviate foot issues. I'd also imagine some sort of suspension system might be of aid, especially if I needed to do a one-foot pose. Stiff joints are going to be a must. The only downside would be lack of facial expression and musculature. I could alter the former fairly easily. The latter might take an anatomy book.

But, those are some early thoughts. Planning stage stuff. Until the finances get better, all I can do at this point is keep notes on likely candidates and keep my fingers crossed for better times. If anyone has suggestions on dolls with good skeletons, hands and feet, please alert me. It seems DS is making some great improvements lately, and I'm really liking some of their faces, and some from Gynoid and Sino-Doll (among others). Bodies with more realistic proportions are certainly a preference.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing suggestions from the members. I'll keep my list handy for the day I can make this all happen. :thumbs_up:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: SWM seeks Artist Model with benefits

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Consistency... :glou:

As to your question about standing feet, all of my standing gals stand all the time... to keep the back compressions down they rest with the back of their head laying against a piece of memory foam. Of course, my RealDolls and Synthetics have their neck bolts so they hang on their stands. If you get a doll which does not have standing feet you can always put them in shoes and stand them but it's not recommended due to their weight, but it can be done.

As far as hands there are companies working on hands which are constructed from finger wires but that's still in product development. But there is one doll maker currently working on that.

My suggestion is to continue to make your notes and designs but dolls are advancing very rapidly. Realdoll has already come out with their talking head and there is AI which just came out with theirs.

As to the financial part just remember these are what I still consider luxury items. If you are struggling to make ends meet then dolls are probably not for you right now... one should only start getting these types of toys once they have their finances in order... meaning they have a backup or emergency fund of at least 10K or more, investments put aside for retirement, only about 10% credit card usage which is paid off at the end of each month, and living frugally (meaning you don't run out and buy the latest tech... you wait several years and then buy at less than half the cost when they were launching.)

I know it sounds impossible but I know you can do it because I did it and I was not born with a silver spoon to a place where I can afford these dolls plus for me, they are much cheaper than a wife or gf and they don't complain or expect you to buy them things.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Mr Consistency

Post by Mr Consistency »

Dollarhyde wrote:As to the financial part just remember these are what I still consider luxury items.
Absotively correct there!

No worries about spending frugally, I tend not to even watch movies until they come out on TV these days. Also more convenient that way. I can easily change the channel, but at the theater, it's wasted money on the movie and the trip itself.

There is also the aspect that things are improving constantly, so some of the candidates I have my eye on will hopefully have had the bugs worked out by the happy day. :thumbs_up:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi Mr Consistency, welcome to TDF.

We'll be waiting forever to see all the bugs worked out. :lol:

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Love the thread title. Welcome. Keep an eye out, specials pop on the board all the time. You may not have to wait as long as you think. :thumbs_up:

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but I really should think about sketching the girls sometime.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

You and I are in similar boats, sailing in similar directions. I started looking out of curiosity, loneliness, and hoping to find something to not only alleviate depression and anxiety, but also serve as a free art model. The longer I have been looking, the more I am convinced that i need one, and the more I am inspired to create on my own. The trouble for me so far has been finding exactly what I am looking for in both form and function. And, n top of that, all of the different roles and purposes don't always align. i.e. The most lovely may not have the most articulate features, or the most endearing face sculpt may not fit on the body I like the most. etc etc

My advice, is do what you are doing now. Watch and wait. But, even though I am often overly vocal with my wants and criticisms, don't be content to watch silently. Some manufacturers troll these forums quite often seeking input and perspective. If you see something missing, ask about it. At worst, you usually get a No, but still spark a conversation.

Edit: I am also a poor man, but I have no intention of waiting till my finances are sorted, otherwise I would be buying one on my death bed, or not at all. Also, it may prove an asset for honing my skills, hence making me money doing something I love.

Mr Consistency

Post by Mr Consistency »

Slew wrote:We'll be waiting forever to see all the bugs worked out. :lol:
HA! Too true. I'd settle for most of the big issues. Don't sweat the small stuff. :D

Mr Consistency

Post by Mr Consistency »

setevoltas wrote:Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but I really should think about sketching the girls sometime.
Models as in standard figure drawing, as opposed to erotic photography, for instance.

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Mr Consistency wrote:
setevoltas wrote:Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but I really should think about sketching the girls sometime.
Models as in standard figure drawing, as opposed to erotic photography, for instance.
I know you weren't talking to me, but I also meant for drawing, painting, and sculpture.

INFORMATIONS