realsexdoll.com

Hi, new Teddy Babe owner here!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

KeiraLaSage
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, new Teddy Babe owner here!

Post by KeiraLaSage »

Hi everyone, newbie here. I've been lurking for a few months now, and figured it's about time I introduced myself.

First things first; I'm a 38yo male, married for 6 years, living in the Netherlands, and I work in IT as systems administrator.

Not long after I figured out that 'handling' certain body parts could have a pleasant effect (thinking back I guess I was around 14 or so?) I started experimenting with things to improve the feeling. Making a stroker using a sandwich bag, sponges and rubber band, those kinds of things. A few years later, after we moved to a house where I had a lot more storage space, I built my own fabric torso. Towels, t-shirts, other bits of fabric, they all got re-purposed into a crude torso. I didn't develop feelings for it, never gave it a name, but I did spend a LOT of time holding and cuddling it. Not that I didn't use it for sex, but I enjoyed sleeping while holding something in my arms enormously. I was still living with my parents, so I took it from the storage space every night, and put it back every morning.

Eventually, I moved out. I now had an entire house (well, a modest one anyway) for myself. I bought a projector and screen, a PlayStation, got cats, and most importantly in this context, I upgraded the torso. It got a skeleton made from PVC pipe, complete with arms and legs, which of course got layers of fabric over them. Nylons/stockings are great at keeping things together, and they don't feel too bad. I never did manage to fabricate soft breasts, and a head proved to be beyond my abilities. Or maybe I didn't try hard enough; wrapping arms around me was great, but I didn't really miss the lack of a head. The PVC skeleton broke frequently, mostly the shoulder pivots, sometimes a part of the hip. This was annoying, but a fairly easy fix. She (still no name, but 'she' instead of 'it') occupied my bed until the next stage in my life. No parents, no roommates, so she only got to see the inside of a closet when I was expecting company.

During all of this I was interested in girls/women, but they weren't interested in me. Or at least, I thought they weren't. I have it on good authority that I just don't see the hints, and that there are actually a fair number of women who appear to show interest in me, but of course people only tell me AFTER... Eventually I started online dating. After some botched attempts (not all of them, but some definitely botched by me :oops: ) I found my wife. We chatted and Skyped for a bit under a month, decided to meet, and the day we met in person is the day we regard as the first day of our relationship.

Whelp. A woman. In my life. Frequently coming over, staying at my place for days at a time... What do I do with the doll? Well, I didn't need the doll anymore, I had the real deal to hold and cuddle. So I told my girlfriend (now wife) about it (we don't have secrets) and we disposed of the doll. That was almost 8 years ago, and I'm still married, and I still love my wife. So, why does the topic title say I'm a new Teddy Babe owner?!?

It's not a dead bedroom (there is some action; perhaps not as much as I would like but certainly not dead either), but the same principles from my very first torso still applies: I like to hold something, someone. Hold it, cherish it, caress it... My wife doesn't. She has a disability, which (among other things) make holding her for a prolonged period (read: anything over a few minutes) hurt, and a caress is more likely to give her a cold shiver than to be enjoyed. There has always been a bit of a disconnect between what I want, and what she wants. I often abstain because she doesn't like it much, she sometimes gives in because she knows I do. It works, kind of, but I was looking for something to cuddle. A few years ago we bought a plush shark from Ikea (BLÅHAJ) who we nicknamed "shark" (how imaginative :razz: ), but, while fairly adequate in the 'holding something' department, it's a poor substitute for a human.

The last six months have been a bit of a dry spell, so somehow I got back to the topic of dolls. I've known about RealDoll for years, but they were WAY too expensive when I was younger, and they're still a lot more expensive than I'm willing to spend, even if I were single. But, nowadays we have TPE, and a lot more vendors. I think it was a cheap doll on AliExpress ($600 range) that brought my attention back, and after thinking: "Wow, that's cheap!" I started reading up. To own a TPE doll, such a life like progression of the bundle of towels I used to cuddle, surely, that would be the ultimate experience, right? I've spent quite some time drooling over the naughty and nice WM 166C's, looking up sizes, experiences, maintenance and care... Teddy babes did come up (fairly frequently, even), but I dismissed those. US vendor, prohibitive shipping costs, customs, VAT, comical heads / eyes... Why would you go for that when you can buy something as life-like as a TPE doll?

However, slowly the realization set in that TPE dolls are heavy, high maintenance and fragile. Oh, and expensive, the $ 600 on Ali is most likely a low quality fake; be prepared to shell out a few thousand. But wait, there was something about those Teddy Babes... "Cuddle queen"? Low weight? Hardly any maintenance? And there is a UK vendor (so low shipping costs and no VAT or customs due to Schengen)? Long story short, reading up on Teddy Babes, they grew on me.

But, there's still the missus. I'm still married, and I don't plan on changing that any time soon. How would she react? We don't have any secrets, and having to hide the doll defeats the purpose of falling asleep while cuddling, as we rarely spend the night apart. So I broached the subject of our disconnect, of my needs versus her needs, of the lack of physical affection. Of course, physical intimacy is a part of that, but to mitigate that (to an extent) I don't really need a doll, a fleshlight will do that without inducing jealousy. My main purpose of a Teddy Babe was, and is, to cuddle.

My wife was receptive of my 'plight', and even referred back to the doll we disposed of 8 years ago "but if you want something like that, get something prefab, don't build it yourself". We didn't really finish the conversation, or at least, I couldn't really steer it towards a new prospective doll (even though the subject of 'dolls' had come up). It took a few attempts to actually have the conversation, but eventually we talked about my proposed solution. She agreed almost immediately: "It's your money"... I did press on, if she was sure, but she approved. Well, LoveHoney had a sale (combined 37% off of the regular £800) so I ordered myself a "Lisa". Lovehoney doesn't have much choice, I might have gone for a Daphne otherwise, but a Lisa is fine. Most notable difference is bust size, as I would have requested a shorter wig for Daphne anyway. The main reason to go for Lovehoney is price; having Eight Wonder ship a TBD to Europe would be roughly twice as expensive. As for the name of the doll, my original plan was to call "Lisa" "Keira" (*points at username*) but that's a bit of a weird sound to produce when you speak Dutch all day, so we settled on "Scarlet".

In hindsight it may have been better if my wife and I had discussed it a bit more, because I can tell she isn't 100% comfortable with Scarlett. For me, my wife is the woman in my life, and Scarlett is 'just' an upgraded version of Shark, but my wife clearly sees this a bit differently. She's not really opposed to me holding Scarlett, but she does comment on it, asks me if I'll go Shark, Scarlett or solo that night, or refer to her as "doll" ("pop"). I'm really trying make it so Scarlett is a not big deal, so it's not special if I hug her instead of Shark, but my wife is still getting used to the idea. I'm treading lightly, and we'll see how things evolve.

For everyone still readying, thank you :) It's not something I get to talk about often, and I'm not sure I'd call writing this post therapeutic, but it did become quite a long post. It was even longer at first :mrgreen: and reading back I feel like I'm rushing through things, but it's long enough as it is. I can always expand on things if the need arises :lol:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Hi, new Teddy Babe owner here!

Post by Mr Franz »

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs_up:

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

If cuddling was your primary concern, I think a Teddy Babe was a great choice. I have an Audrey and unless I'm away from home we go to sleep in each others' arms every night.

If I may be so bold I'd make a couple recomendations. First off, I think every Teddy Babe should have some pajamas. Audrey has some satin ones that I think make her even more cuddly. Plus it protects her from sweat and skin oils. Also, if she's just in her super sexy factory outfit maybe your wife isn't as cool with that; "cute" might win her over easier than "sexy." Also make her some eyelids. There's a whole thread about that. I'm not very artsy and Audrey's are kinda crude, but the nature of a Teddy Babe makes it pretty forgiving. And a sleepy Teddy Babe is about the cutest thing ever.

As far as trying to bring your wife around, I don't have any experience doing this, but if there's some aspect of her she could enjoy that could go a long way. Like if she kind of had fun dressing her up or doing her hair or something. I don't know if that will work or not, but if there's any part of her that would enjoy or find nostalgic playing with a doll that would be pretty cool (plus you'll have a live in hair stylist, lol). If you completely take away all the sexual and even romantic aspects, a Teddy Babe is still pretty cool. If they knew about them I bet lots of little girls would want one. While I'm sure she'll never develop the attachment you will if you're cuddling every night, I don't think it's impossible that she can't discover some level of fondness for Scarlett. You can maybe come up with some other ideas as well. Teddy Babes have a sort of disarming friendliness about them; giver her some time and Scarlett will probably win your wife over.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Congratulations on your new lady! :D
While Teddy Babes tend to be less threatening to wives and girlfriends than more realistic dolls, that is not ALWAYS the case.
Here's another thread that addresses that very issue:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=97314

Also, I second everything that JT suggested. Especially the part about not having your babe dressed in sexy outfits while the wife is around.
Perhaps if Scarlett is kept in pajamas and looks like a girl dressed for a slumber party, then the wife will see her as "just one of the girls" rather than as competition?
In any case, I hope things work out for you. :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

KeiraLaSage
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KeiraLaSage »

Mr Franz wrote:Interesting read. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs_up:
You're welcome :)
Stewie studmuffin wrote:Congratulations on your new lady! :D
Tnx :)
JackieTreehorn wrote:If I may be so bold I'd make a couple recomendations. First off, I think every Teddy Babe should have some pajamas.
Stewie studmuffin wrote:Also, I second everything that JT suggested. Especially the part about not having your babe dressed in sexy outfits while the wife is around.
Yeah, the corset and stockings were the first things to go, I actually had a few PJ's for Scarlett before she even arrived; there's an outlet nearby so they were very cheap, and now Scarlett has some to wear while others are in the laundry (we're both lazy with regards to folding and shelving our laundry :razz: ). My wife actually remarked on one of PJs: "wow, those are... chaste...", but the main difference is that this one covers the shoulders and has (very) short sleeves, while the rest of them have spaghetti straps. I might try and shorten the straps on some because they barely cover the nipple and extend to the hips, while they're meant as a top. Or I go back to the outlet and get them in S instead of M, but that may put more emphasis on the breasts (because the top would be tighter as well as shorter) when on Scarlett... Hmm...
"cute" might win her over easier than "sexy." [..] make her some eyelids [..] a sleepy Teddy Babe is about the cutest thing ever.
I might, at that. Lets see if there's an arts and craft store nearby that has felt :razz:
if there's some aspect of her she could enjoy that could go a long way. Like if she kind of had fun dressing her up or doing her hair or something.
It's worth exploring, but I'm not sure if I can make that work. She's not a girly girl, not given in to styling or playing dress up.
giver her some time and Scarlett will probably win your wife over.
I hope so. For now the main comments about her appearance are directed at the breasts: they're too big (they're not larger than the ones she has herself) and "nipples don't look like that" (hers don't...). I might propose doing something about them if she persists in those comments, I can always sew them back or replace them with the silicone ones EW offers.

I'm not overly worried, it's difficult to convey in text and it's easy to read more into it than I mean by it. I think she's accepted Scarlett for at least 75%, the last 25% will have to grow over time and will also depend on my reactions. Am I going to ignore her in favor of Scarlett? And I going to talk about Scarlett all the time or am I going to treat her as a common household item? Am I going to make a big deal out of Scarlett or am I treating her much like I treat Shark? Shark can stay on the bed all day long, but Scarlett is lying on the ground next to the bed with the duvet over her because our bed is visible from the outside when the curtains are open and there's frequently a cleaning lady or someone from home care in our house. I'm not ashamed of (having) Scarlett, but we're not (yet?) comfortable with putting her on display, so my wife only sees Scarlett when I get her up and into the bed.

One area where I have to treat Scarlett differently than Shark is with regards to her hair. She needs frequent brushing, a shorter wig, or no wig at all. My wife has a bob or pixie cut, and Scarletts hair is shoulder length with rather long bangs / pony, so I'm on unfamiliar territory there :P I have bobby pins, hair clips and hair bands so Scarletts eyes are clear and I'm not choking on a tangle when spooning. People (read, threads on forums :lol: ) keep telling me that if I'm going to replace Scarletts wig I should buy one made from kanekalon and a light colord (or separate, light colored) cap; now just to find the right one :P
While Teddy Babes tend to be less threatening to wives and girlfriends than more realistic dolls, that is not ALWAYS the case.
Here's another thread that addresses that very issue:
It talks about it, but it's more about sharing similar experiences (and the occasional generalization) than about solutions :P

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

TB is good for cuddle.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Hi and Welcome to TDF, yes Teddy Babes are the best snugglers, ever, Lily and I could not sleep without our Jessica (lily would want to pounce all the time :whistle: )

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Kite »

Welcome to the forum. Was a good read. Thank you for sharing. Part of it reminded me of me and my ash. Married for 8 years. Took me awhile to get her on bored with even getting zelda. I kinda played the long game with ash and after spoiling her rotten for a few months i got the go ahead. At first there was issues between me and ash. Worried i wouldn't show her attention. But i just dedicate all of my time with her when were together.... At first. She came around eventully. Helped me learn how to do makeup along with some of the awesome folks here. we go out and shop for her and my girls. For us it just took awhile. Now she sleep with zelda and i sleep with rica and izzy. But my snoring had something to do with that too.

INFORMATIONS