realsexdoll.com

And yet ANOTHER newbie...

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

neasco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

And yet ANOTHER newbie...

Post by neasco »

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking on this forum for awhile. Soaking up as much info as I can on the various topics involved in owning a doll. Some of the info is a little overwhelming to say the least.
I figured it was time to say "hello" and join the discussion.

I'm currently hunting for my first doll, and I'm working with the very helpful Rick from SDC in Toronto. We've had a number of phone conversations and email correspondence.
And we'll, most likely, have more.

He's been very understanding and patient with me. And we've been seriously weighing the PROS and CONS of adopting a new friend. Rick, at SDC, has advised me to take my time and carefully do my homework on this subject/hobby. He isn't pushing me and he has waved me off my first choice of doll. It was then that we had a serious talk about the idea of adoption. Price, maintenance, cleaning, storage, photoshoots vs. factory photos, disappointment and possible disposal options.

Rick doesn't bullshit. And we've talked realistically about the potential adoption and what the doll actually is and isn't. What it offers and doesn't. Why I even want to adopt, as well. I appreciate this. And that talk needed to happen.

So, after he scolded me for purchasing outfits for a new friend I haven't even seen, he suggested I purchase skin samples and SLOWLY go from there. Experiment with the TPE texture and what it involves in terms of maintenance and cleaning.

My frustration is with the photos of the dolls on the various websites that offer them for sale.
They are extremely misleading. But that's sales, isn't it. This is playing a role in my decision on the proper head for my potential new friend. I wish the websites were more interactive and would display the head as they would look with different wigs and whatnot. But, alas, it is what it is.

I'm very interested in adopting the JY-166cm muscle doll. I have a thing for muscular women and fitness athletes. I'll be purchasing the flight case as well. Along with the proper "bedding" for her storage in the case. Memory foam, pillow, towel, etc, etc.

Wow. Long first post.
I wish everyone here a good day and great weekend.

Ciao for now.

kklouzal

Re: And yet ANOTHER newbie...

Post by kklouzal »

Welcome neasco! I'm glad you have Rick to help you weigh the pros/cons and help you come to a more informed decision about your first girl. I think it's extremely important for you to 'get it right' your first time around. That initial unboxing event is going to be a turning point for you and having the right doll for you in the box is going to make all the difference.

A couple things to help you on your way. Look at tons of photographs, make a list of all your potential picks then scour the forums for other users who have posted threads about when they purchased the doll. Something I wish I had done before making my initial purchase (not that it would have changed my mind) is ask for factory photos up-front to so I knew what she would look like the first time I saw her. The weight is probably going to take you by surprise so be mindful about your dolls size.

Something I do definitely agree with you is the storefront photos, they are almost always a single set from a professional photoshoot. While I don't want to believe these storefronts are trying to mislead us into a purchase, it's a good way to showcase the potential of a doll after you spend some time (and money). Something to help all potential customers would be to include multiple shots with a few different wigs, that would help tremendously.

Good luck on your search and welcome to the forums!

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Welcome to TDF.

You will find some useful info here on our New Member Welcome Page and feel free to ask any questions!

Mavi

neasco
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by neasco »

Thank you guys.
Yes, weight is an issue Rick and I discussed.
My first, rushed, pick was a doll with a weight of 112lbs. Due to my inexperience, Rick advised me not to adopt her.
He advised me about "dead weight" issues and handling.
My current choice weighs 84lbs. Still heavy.

My fear is I'll be afraid to handle the doll, accidentally breaking something. Taking her out of the storage case and then putting her back. The weight is a concern. But the doll I want weighs that amount.
JY-166cm-muscle doll.

Fear of the first cleaning, as I may remove the makeup accidentally.
I suppose these are quite common for a first time adoption.
But, I'm carefully taking this into consideration.

My doll will be a private thing. My friends will not know about her. Therefore I need to consider where she will be stored, in the flight case, when company arrives. I have no closet space, so the flight case will be out in the open. Locked of course.

I'm concerned about the TPE smell, if any. I've heard new models don't have that problem.
This is why Rick suggested the TPE skin samples.

And lastly, I'm concerned about the political climate between China and North America, specifically China and Canada. Trade issues and whatnot.
Will this play a part in the construction of my doll? Will the doll makers be careless in the construction of my doll given the strained political situation?

Much to ponder as I begin my journey.

163E SJ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 163E SJ »

so newbie here, bought a doll in Dec and doesn’t really work for me. spent a lot of money on it. just curious of options. i know there is market page just wondering if selling of barely used doll is worth it?

INFORMATIONS