realsexdoll.com

A hobby or lifestyle...

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Actin-up
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

A hobby or lifestyle...

Post by Actin-up »

I'm new to the forum, today, just registered. I already have a doll ordered and in the works! A WM 145cm from the MSLD vendor. I know it will take them 3 weeks to make her and more time to ship. And that waiting is making me crazy, honestly. But it's been almost two weeks already and I'm trying to stop counting down! Thanks to the bountiful amount of info on this forum I am well prepped with cornstarch and baby oil and nivea, after reading that great instructional newlywed post. I am ready to keep her clean and in good shape. She was right at 2 grand and I think she'll be worth every penny.

The TPE does worry me a bit since some members bring up the fragility of TPE versus silicone. But I couldn't find a silicone variety that looked life-like. For all you silicone owners that sounds nuts, and maybe I'll change my mind later, but at the moment I'm not about building a harem. Doesn't that take a lot of room? And time?

I think I'll just be gentle with the TPE girl and admire her for a while, if she ever gets here. I wish she was here now!

Simplicity

Re: A hobby or lifestyle...

Post by Simplicity »

TPE isn't exactly fragile, as it's elasticity is quite good in it's ability to rebound. The only problem I'd say TPE has is that you have to watch out for high temperatures even if it's just the heat in the space as it'll make the TPE go super soft and have a chance of deforming but that's prob if she sits in a room of 100+ for hours.

Because she is a smaller doll she should be quite easy to handle so kudos to you on a good choice for learning. As for the wait... honestly it's the most mind breaking wait but worth it when she gets there. When I had my Doll Sweet lady ordered I kept myself busy without thinking about her and before I knew it I got a notice she was on her flight to me. As for detail and lifelike I'd say DS(Doll Sweet), and Sanhui are pretty good. Which type of doll is really up to you.

I started off with TPE but after getting a DS lady, I'm just blown away and like Silicone better not just cause of it's durability and detail but mostly because of DS skeleton.
DS 145CM - Lina (Lin Lin)
JY 170CM - Found a new home

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Urdor Izajar »

Welcome aboard Actin!

"The Wait" is the worst. Glad you are almost done. Which head did you choose?

If you can keep her from falling over or leaving her elbows extremely bent for a long time then you should be good. Put more of your attention into not braking her fingers.
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

Vegas Rick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vegas Rick »

Definitely a hobby with me. I'm new to the dolls also, but I don't expect any lifestyle changes. After two failed marriages -- both ended peacefully -- I'm ready to just relax and enjoy this new aspect of sexuality. The dolls are here to keep me company in the absence of a RG. Totally content now.

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Congrats! You won’t be disappointed. The best precaution, like mentioned above, is being careful about elbows, and also knees if you’re into doggy style. :). Have fun once she gets here!

Actin-up
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Actin-up »

Thanks for the advice and support. After looking through more and more of the TDF verified dealers websites, there are a few other doll choices out there I could have made. But, I got impulsive and went with Jandi on MSLD. She is called Rosemary on the Sex Doll Genie website. I can't quite figure out which head she's got--it looks like number 31 on MSLD but it might be another. The heads are interesting. The fantasy elf heads are compelling to me. It's a great to have that choice of changing her personality. Maybe in the future I will go with that option.

I got her with the standing foot option so I hope she will be able to lean upright or stand in a posed position without falling over. I'm not clear on how well the standing foot works. I've got some of those squishy mats for her to stand on to avoid damaging her feet. I read on TDF it's best to carry her around like a "bride over the threshold" type of carry and I'll be watching those fingers and keeping her away from the door edges. Since she's only about 60 pounds I'm anticipating moving her around won't be a struggle, but rather pretty darn exciting!

I hadn't heard about the heat sensitivity. But I think she'll never get much warmer than 75-80 degrees since she doesn't have a heating option. And the steel skeleton, I've heard they are sometimes quite tight. But thats good for posing. Not so good for some spontaneous bending but that will be an experiment.

So do you store the dolls hanging up in cotton or plastic bags, or put her back in her shipping box? I'm going to keep her out and dressed in the clothes she arrives with as much as possible.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

:D you have a great deal of enthusisam which is a good thing a hobby can become a lifestyle before you know it :whistle: enjoy and have fun!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Actin-up wrote:Thanks for the advice and support. After looking through more and more of the TDF verified dealers websites, there are a few other doll choices out there I could have made. But, I got impulsive and went with Jandi on MSLD. She is called Rosemary on the Sex Doll Genie website. I can't quite figure out which head she's got--it looks like number 31 on MSLD but it might be another. The heads are interesting. The fantasy elf heads are compelling to me. It's a great to have that choice of changing her personality. Maybe in the future I will go with that option.

I got her with the standing foot option so I hope she will be able to lean upright or stand in a posed position without falling over. I'm not clear on how well the standing foot works. I've got some of those squishy mats for her to stand on to avoid damaging her feet. I read on TDF it's best to carry her around like a "bride over the threshold" type of carry and I'll be watching those fingers and keeping her away from the door edges. Since she's only about 60 pounds I'm anticipating moving her around won't be a struggle, but rather pretty darn exciting!

I hadn't heard about the heat sensitivity. But I think she'll never get much warmer than 75-80 degrees since she doesn't have a heating option. And the steel skeleton, I've heard they are sometimes quite tight. But thats good for posing. Not so good for some spontaneous bending but that will be an experiment.

So do you store the dolls hanging up in cotton or plastic bags, or put her back in her shipping box? I'm going to keep her out and dressed in the clothes she arrives with as much as possible.
No matter which choice you've made. It'll work out for you. WM makes some very pretty ladies :) But as always a new model comes around the corner, and blows people away!
Don't leave her dressed for too long. Clothing can stain the TPE. If she has tight fitting clothes they can leave impressions as well. So when keeping her idle, it's best to leave her buck naked :) I do that anyway, and have yet to get stains.
You can hang her from neck IF she has the hinged style neck. New models are supposed to have this, and not gooseneck. So you should be ok. Double check anyway, just in case.
Yes, do watch out for fingers and do not have weight on her little wrists. Best to pose her on forearms.
You'll find creative, sexy ways to pose her.
Won't be long now, your waiting will be over, and you'll have some fun!
Enjoy!

pup001

Post by pup001 »

I know some guys have used nivea but i wouldn't because it has chemicals that could cause damage. Also, i'd use talc instead of cornstarch. i've heard that constarch harbors mold while talc prevents it.

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

I keep my ladies in full length bodystockings. Do they look as good as nude? No. Does it protect the lady from staining, dust, dirt and other issues? Yes. I also enjoy the feel of it.

As to your question, it started out as a hobby. But if I can't get back with my wife (who I am still crazy about), at my age (near 60) I am not exactly into going back out there in the market anytime soon.

Good luck!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Welcome to TDF Actin' up.

Have a look at our new member welcome page!
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 31&t=69369

She'll be there before you know it. Then you can enjoy the honeymoon!
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Actin-up
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Actin-up »

Well you know, you get a girlfriend, that's a lifestyle change, most of the time. If you plan on keeping her around. Seems like a doll is going to be a lot less of a change. Cleaning up and putting her in the right place in the right way seems to be the biggest things to keep in mind. And being careful to not break or crack her. What products to use for maintenance and when is also an issue. There is some disagreement about oil and how to use it, so it might be a bit of a personal choice and requires some experimentation. But there's a lot of lessons learned going on here at TDF. So as for using the body stocking, after checking out a few sexy body stockings, that seems like a superb way to dress her up. Good tip.

koi2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by koi2 »

Its a lifestyle change! and Cheaper for your pocket

sennex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sennex »

I wish it could be a lifestyle lol. Unfortunately I live with my sister who is a recovering cancer survivor and would NEVER understand. I have to keep her hidden away in my room under a few blankets. That being said I have a younger female friend who thinks she is awesome and has opened some doors to flirty talk (turns out she has a lot of toys of her own.) Who knew?

INFORMATIONS