dollstudio.org

Important warning about care & feeding of TPE

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Important warning about care & feeding of TPE

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

But one thing to remember is protocol is to wash doll 5-6 times when you first get her then proceed on with V&O protocol.
I had a similar thing happen with an older WM doll, inner thigh, Vaseline made it worse, but I never had her from day one. I got YU pre-owned.
Jeff
Attachments
YU.JPG
YU.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3274 times

m00zes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by m00zes »

aw man, just as i thought i had everything figured out, i've read basically everything there is to know about dollcare, bookmarked all the right threads etc.

while my first doll is still in transit i already bought wholesale amounts of oil/vaseline/nivea etc to last a nuclear war with her ... now everything is changing :puppydogeyes:

hoping 6YE TPE-care gets updated soon as i want to keep her healthy as long as possible

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

First, I beg you all to calm down and not to overreact with contributions.
This is the most important thing and all of you know this.

Sandro is right with his statement.
The time is over to throw everything in the same "TPE pot".
I have written that several times in the past.
Meanwhile we have different TPE blends from the manufacturers and therewith we have different situations if it comes to the TPE doll care and the TPE doll repair, and of course, products for the support of TPE dolls.

The "well known" article about the doll care with products containing mineral oil is based on the experience with Jinsan TPE, due to the reason that Jinsan TPE blends is used from the OEM manufacturers.
And as you all know, things are changing.
In the past 4 months, a lot of new TPE doll manufacturers have joined the doll community.
And so we have to consider different TPE blends.

I. The current facts:

1. Older and current Jinsan TPE blends are safe with the recommended care with products containing mineral oil.
YL Doll took the recommendations on their webside:
http://www.yldoll.com/shop/index.php?ro ... ation_id=7
Therewith it is official and absolutely clear.

2. Older and current DH168 TPE is safe too. (EVO unknown)

At the moment there is one TPE manufacturer "under investigation" by me, because of the experience I made with "extreme mineral oil care".
I gave Sandro all the information.
Sandro is in contact with that TPE doll manufacturer.
We have to wait for an answer.
Do not ask about that manufacturer, because that would may cause confusion now.

II. Provided recommendations must be followed:

My recommendation for the TPE doll care with products containing mineral oil (as in the known article) is:
- Monthly oil bath with baby oil (containing paraffinum liquidum)
- Vaseline or Nivea creme from time to time at the joints and the private area

But what happened with my recommendations ?
I can read about weekly and daily oil baths and about TPE dolls fully covered in vaseline.
And that this is made as recommendation to other TPE doll owners.

Therewith you are not following my recommendations !
Therewith you are doing something extreme !
If the doctor says you are to eat only one pill a week and you do that now daily, it is your fault if you are transported out from your home horizontally into the ambulance !
And if you are recommending the daily pill to others, you are acting without responsibility.

III. What has to be done from now:

1. TPE doll manufacturers:

It is absolutely necessary that there is a fully documentation about the doll care and doll repair.
That is your fully responsibility !
That information must be provided
- on the manufacturers webside
- to the vendors selling these dolls
- as a manual / handbook comming with the doll or as a downloadable document

2. TPE doll vendors:

You have to provide all information about the doll care and doll repair to your customers.
That is your responsibility !
If you are selling products for TPE dolls you have to specify for what TPE brand / TPE blend that product can be used.

Example #1:
The WM Doll "TPE glue" (= cold-welding adhesive) is only working for Jinsan TPE or TPE brand based on Jinsan TPE blend.
That adhesive does not work correctly for DH168 and absolutely not for D4E.

Example #2:
Sandro from Dollstudio is the vendor of my Indigo products.
All products have a downloadable handbook on the webside from Sandro's Dollstudio, and it is described for which doll brand the products can be used.
For placing an order you have to select the brand of your doll from a dropdown menu.

3. TPE doll owners:

You need all the information for the TPE doll care and TPE doll repair.
Call your vendor if there is no information, because it is his task to provide this (and not the community).

If you want to provide information and recommendations about the care, repair, types of modifications, as well as provided information of products which are used by you, it is absolutely necessary to name year of production and brand of your TPE doll.
If you are not doing this from now, your information and recommendation is not complete and therewith your information and/or recommendation can may cause certain consequences.
You see, you have a responsibility to others.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

starting to sound like why i never buy the newest model of tech items. yeah its new and shiny and better than older models but you are ahead of the care and support curb and kinda are paying to do beta testing. better of with the tried and true products that people before you have done all the testing.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Ok, I can also advise mineral oil for Aiersha brands AS and JY has had only positive effects with my JYs, but I have only oiled them twice with a light smear of mineral oil that is paraffin based, and I have had additional positive results and achieved good resilience and suppleness with light monthly applications of vaseline in winter, and every 2 weeks in summer down under, in the arm pits, groin and butt cracks as well as her parts.

The same applies for my JINSANs as well, including YLs and Wm dolls, so this method, product, and techniques has proven valid for both the JINSAN and Aiersha TPE doll factories TPE Blends.

Trust this helps, but do not over do it, moderation and test are key.

Cheers Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

A bit off topic maybe though I feel worth asking if regular use of vaseline as a lubricant may be too much and create problems.I have seen the use of vaseline as a lube recommended on the site somewhere.
Thanks
MG

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Thank you Sandro and Indigo! You are spot on with what you are saying and, although it may sound a bit worrying at first, it is a wake up call to all of us to not take things for granted and plod on as we have been doing! From what I can understand from your insightful warning is that what's right for one blend of TPE may not be right for another and, basically, TPE as a generic term covers a whole host of blends that we are not currently familiar with!

The manufacturers obviously keep their blends a secret from each other so they don't have copyists but that is not to say they don't have a duty and responsibility to inform customers of how to care for their products! Is there a way of asking them whether your current recommendations that we have been following is suitable for their products? After all, if they are 'approved' manufacturers here or want to be, that should really be part of the criteria for them to be accepted into our community!

I must say that the more I read about how members look after their dolls the more I do get worried that some go over the top with the oiling as you say Indigo! As my grandmother used to say, a little bit of everything does you good but a lot of one thing can do you harm!

We (as a community) have always advised members to avoid products with uncertain origins and go with 'approved' products here. Is it not time for this important issue of care to be at the forefront of approval by TDF?

As for Vaseline matt gloss, I use it as a lubricant and have found the vaginal lips to now be much softer (and a bit more realistic) in the last few months. However, as Stewie said, this could possibly make that area more vulnerable to tearing although Ashaki has nothing there in ten months. She does have other spots like elbows where they are thin material and starting to get some damage though and that's where I haven't used Vaseline!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Cheers Hollows.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Thanks all for the update. I suspected as much (unknown interaction) from most of the new super/ultra soft and next gen TPE blends. Hopefully we can get some samples and with time, testing, and patience; some greater understanding and guidance will be revealed.

Most of us will be watching closely!
:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

detrimental effects of mineral oil care were encountered with the Doll Forever (D4E) TPE blend.

Reply from the manufacturer:
We never recommendation customer to use mineral oil, vaseline, white oil or Nivea creme to maintenace doll.

Regular maintenance

Regular maintenance is basic maintenance which takes place about once a week and aims to slow down aging of the doll colloid, increase comfort of touching the skin of the doll and reduce the exposure of the skin to the dust. During maintenance, apply talcum powder evenly to the skin surface of the doll with a powder puff.
Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

coralsheep91
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by coralsheep91 »

My YL155 has received baby oil baths monthly since day one.

She is still like new and shows "zero" signs of wear after 10 months.

Just my two cents.

Coral
Kim: YL155 custom A cup with WM74 head

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

How about the rest of us who have never oiled the dolls or put vaseline on them, are we doomed? :D

My oldest Jinsan doll is 3,5 years old and only lightly washed and powdered, same with the other dolls I have. I also had the pleasure of touching and inspecting a 5 year old TPE in Germany this summer that had not even been powdered, tacky yes but still doing well.

I scratch my head in puzzlement every time a new member asks for TPE advice on this forum, and he is bombarded with "you must do monthly oil baths" etc. to prevent the doll from falling apart, and TPE is much more maintenance than silicone. I've done well with only a few wipe downs and powdering sessions when needed.

You guys need to be careful about what info you throw out there and how you inform people as this community swallows everything and adopts it and spreads it as the one and only truth immediately.

silicon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by silicon »

We are all like mushrooms feed a load of shit and kept in the dark..

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

official care instructions from TDF-listed TPE manufacturers/brands (sorted alphanumerical):
  • 6Ye, 6yedollglobal.com (factory unknown): none
  • Climax Doll, climax-doll.com (factory unknown): none
  • Doll Forever, doll-forever.com (own manufacturing facility): Cleaning and Maintenance
  • Doll House 168, dollhouse168.biz (factory unknown): none
  • Hitdoll, hitdoll.com: (does not produce TPE dolls anymore)
  • OR Doll, ordoll.com (Jinshan): none
  • Sili Doll, asexdoll.com (factory unknown): Maintenance and Care
  • Vivid Doll, vividdoll.com: none
  • WM Dolls, wmdolls.com (Jinshan): Doll Care
  • YL Doll, yldoll.com (Jinshan): Doll Care
Non-listed manufacturers/brands (excerpts, without links to comply with TDF TOS):

BRT: "[FAQ] - Q: How long is the doll's life? / A: more than 5 years life span." - no care or cleaning instructions"

Irontech: "[Manual] […] How to clean the doll if the doll gets dirty? - If the doll gets some dust or other normal dirt, please wash the doll with some normal cleaning stuff, such as clothes-washing powder, body cleaning gel but please avoid scratching the doll with your nails. After washing and drying the doll, please spread some baby powder on the doll surface. After all these process, the doll will be like new and touches better. It is recommended to do cleaning and powdering regularly according to the doll status."

Lassiefay: none (no website yet)

Jarliet: none (no website yet)

Jellynew: "[Service] - How to clean the doll? - 1.Please make the sponge or towel wet with warm water, then lightly wipe the doll skin to make it clean. 2. If there have dust or dirt on the skin, you can use shower gel or washing powder to clean, but wipe rudely is not allowed. 3. You can use bath powder on the skin after doll is dry, so skin will be smooth. / How to wash the doll’s vagina? - 1. Please use cleaning tool which we send, fill in the water, then press it to swash inside of the vagina. In meanwhile, you can use soapy water as well. 2. Please use the wet towel to wipe lightly inside clearly. 3. Please make the inside of doll’s vagina dry"

JY: "Maintenance? - […] If you doll has minor contamination then simply clean the area over with a wet towel(water recommend). If the area is heavily contaminated, use detergent or body soap.It is possible to give your doll a bath, however avoid the head and joint protions of body.Only from the waist down is recommended.Do not place your doll's head under water."

Rifrano: none

WM Doll: none

YH Doll (OC Doll, Victoria Sex Doll): none

In a nutshell, what the manufacturers/brands are communicating about doll care is less than informative and generally not very helpful.

However, with the exception on YL, there is no official recommendation to use mineral oil products for doll care from any manufacturer/brand!

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@ Sandro:

The article
"TPE doll care with mineral oil products - Let's talk about"
is updated with that information.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1146686

@ Anung un Rama and hollows+fentiman:

Thank you very much for your very important posts.

@ All other community members:

The situation why TPE in general can become dry, brittle and cracked is very often caused by what you do with your TPE doll and what you using for your TPE doll.
There are so many possibilities.
As many of you know, I am in contact with many TPE doll owners worldwide, which have the most diverse brands of TPE dolls.

Here are the most common situations for the TPE blends Jinsan and DH168 why it becomes dry, brittle and cracked:

Usage of pure alcohol, like isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol, and products containing alcohol like desinfection sprays, baby wipes, toy cleaners, make-up, etc.
Alcohol is causing micro-cuts within the TPE structure of these TPE blends leading into stretch marks and dry, brittle and cracked spots.

Usage of wet condoms (includes dimeticone = silicone oil) and silicone based lube because such lubes do have the best recommendations on shoping websides.
Silicone oil is making the TPE blends from Jinsan and DH168 hard, dry, brittle and cracked.
In some cases it is causing a shrinking effect of these TPE blends.

That happened in the past to these TPE doll owners of this brands because of the situation that they didn't knew about this.
Or vice versa, because they have read that this was recommended.

INFORMATIONS