dollstudio.org

Important warning about care & feeding of TPE

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
ChallengerRT

Re: Important warning about care & feeding of TPE

Post by ChallengerRT »

Knightshift wrote:While I'm very attracted to many of the TPE dolls currently available, this is why I'm staying with silicone:
Low maintenance
Easy repair
Long lasting
No oiling necessary
Hopefully one day soon they will come up with a TPE formula that is as easy as silicone to maintain. When they do, then I'm all in.

This.

Seems like there's a constant litany of posts stating the different manufacturing variants in TPE blends can sometimes make owning a doll made of it a headache-inducing crap shoot when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.

Between the issue of smell (off-gassing), chemical reaction (actually melting when touching other forms of plastic, silicone, TPR, rubber and even TPE!), personally, I'd take a pass.

Silicone, while more expensive, is the clear, less-hassle winner in the care and maintenance category from what I've seen. Medical-grade silicone has a much more time-tested, standardized, safe reputation for use in human handling, making it the better choice (for now) for safe, ease of care and maintenance sex doll ownership.

While TPE is much less expensive...The old adage, "you get what you paid for," seem quite appropriate here, IMO.

ChallengerRT

INFORMATIONS