dollstudio.org

Unboxing Gynoid GT-165/86 with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head aka Model 7

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Unboxing Gynoid GT-165/86 with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head aka Model 7

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

the Unboxing review of the Gynoid Tech GT-165/86 body style with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head (纪香) aka Model 7 has now been completed up to the preliminary conclusion.
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-hands-6877-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-hands-6877-dollstudio.jpg (461.85 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
Excerpt from the preliminary conclusion:
[…] This doll has a superb body shape, a nicely soft silicone blend, exquisite extra-soft breasts and as a free bonus, an extra-soft butt as well.
The skeleton is quite OK; it might not be as elaborate, as well crafted or as precisely adjusted like a Doll Sweet skeleton, but it is fully operational; it has a extra joint in the waist area, and there are joints for shrugging or other shoulder movements. There are hinges everywhere where hinges should be – most notably neck, ankles, wrists.

Model 7 also comes with textured skin and an most elaborate skin surface finishing nobody else in the doll industry has. The surface finishing is artwork quality.
Overall manufacturing quality is not exquisite in every area, but fully sufficient for most use cases. For example, the trimming of seamlines is very precise and there are no visual or haptical falws in the doll's skin surface.
And there is the best eye mechanism I have ever seen in any doll in any price range.
And obviously there are the articulated fingers with hinged joints; again, nobody else has this, and it's clearly not just a 'nice to have' feature. When you gave a doll like Jì Xiāng your hand just once, you will never want to regress to a wired pseudo-maniphalanx. The jointed fingers are not only an engineering masterpiece, they are also an immense quality jump for the whole doll. […]

[…] Things that need improvement […] packaging and padding […] standing issue […] long-term storage […] one hip joint has started to become loose […] [and] Things that could be improved […] weight […] neck connector […] more customization options […]
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-head-portrait-6800-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-head-portrait-6800-dollstudio.jpg (599.99 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-hands-6866-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-hands-6866-dollstudio.jpg (348.51 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-head-vagina-6802-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-head-vagina-6802-dollstudio.jpg (423.63 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-posability-6836-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-posability-6836-dollstudio.jpg (496.64 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
More pictures are here:

Unboxing Gynoid GT-165/86 with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head (纪香) aka Model 7 @ Dollstudio EU
Unboxing Gynoid GT-165/86 with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head (纪香) aka Model 7 @ Dollstudio US
Unboxing Gynoid GT-165/86 mit ›Jì Xiāng‹ Kopf (纪香) aka Model 7 @ Dollstudio DE

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 8847135744
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Unboxing Gynoid GT-165/86 with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head aka Model

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

just added two more detail shots, showing the exceptional precision work:
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-6878-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-6878-dollstudio.jpg (487.96 KiB) Viewed 11229 times
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-6879-dollstudio.jpg
unboxing-gynoid-gt-165-86-body-ji-xiang-6879-dollstudio.jpg (497.92 KiB) Viewed 11229 times
Sando
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

to wrap things up, I am now terminating the 2nd part of the unboxing review prematurely.

The first part gives my first impressions and includes a general inspection. The 2nd part deals with dtorage and how the doll is holding up in the first couple of week. Some dolls like Sino's 152 or Doll Sweet's are as good as new after six weeks respectively a full year, so they fontify their good impression from part one.

Sadly, not so in this case.

From day one on, this doll had no standing capability without hurting herself severely. Since she has threads in her metal foot plate, she could be retrofitted with bolts. This would require a small surgery on both feet (locating & drilling six holes into the silicone). That's easily doable. But standing also requires tight joints.

She does not have that anymore.

Within a couple of days after her arrival, the right hip joint became loose:
ezgif-1-59ed4bbb7a9d.gif
ezgif-1-59ed4bbb7a9d.gif (2.36 MiB) Viewed 11095 times
Next, the right (inner) shoulder joint became loose:
ezgif-1-2723c5ede087.gif
ezgif-1-2723c5ede087.gif (3.19 MiB) Viewed 11095 times
Today I got a visit by mi6c, and we discovered that also the left leg joint is now loose:
ezgif-1-b2000f06216a.gif
ezgif-1-b2000f06216a.gif (3.51 MiB) Viewed 11095 times
So giving her the initially ordered standing & posing capability would require a total of five surgical operations, covering approximately 2/3 of her body.

But the real problem is that joints would keep becoming loose.

To keep things positive, neither the skeletons nor the joints or the welds are showing signs of breakage. The doll 'just' looses posing capability and moves into a (different) skeleton configuration - the one with loose joints.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

So sorry to be reading this.

Undoubtably she's a lady of great beauty, possibly competing with all.

As purely a sexdoll without posing capability how does she perform in bed?

Softness - buttocks, breasts, thighs?

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

haremlover wrote:As purely a sexdoll without posing capability how does she perform in bed?

Softness - buttocks, breasts, thighs?
A reasonable configuration for a dedicated sex doll a would be: loose joints (or standard joints which become erratical loose joints anyway) plus extra-soft butt (now optional).

Pro:
  • vagina with configurable canal depth up to 18 cm;
  • vagina width usable for average Caucasian males;
  • exceptionally nice breasts with exquisite haptics and very good softness;
  • well integrated gel-implants in but with noticable softness;
  • overall good softness of the body.
Neutral:
  • Very firm head (firmer than S-level makeup heads from DS);
  • no extra-soft gel implants for thights or belly;
  • ribbed structures inside vagina, as well in built-in as insert variant.
Contra:
  • Very firm (facial) lips, not inviting for kissing;
  • no oral cavity and no anal cavity;
  • everything is very, very delicate; you probably want to avoid rolling over her articulated fingers when sleeping next to her.
So far unknown:
  • Repairs of the vaginal canal - might be tricky because of the ribbed structures;
  • Elongation strength and tear resistance of the silicone blend - not sure how durable this silicone blend is.
However, even if someone explicitely does not want standing capability and accepts a bed-ridden doll, he would still have to deal with this (which is not caused by standing):
DSC07023.JPG
DSC07023.JPG (488.23 KiB) Viewed 10994 times
Picture above: Soles of her right foot; this doll is supposed to be able to stand on her own feet, but I never tried that. Those tears occured just from balancing when sitting and occasionally moving the leg to change a pose. Inside the foot you can see the front end of her metal foot plate. It is located directly below her balls, and the edge of the metal plate is neither deburred nor encapsulated in gauze, so it works like the blade of a knife from inside and cuts through the silicone everywhere.
DSC07024.JPG
DSC07024.JPG (485.12 KiB) Viewed 10994 times
Picture above: That's how the soles of the feet look like in the balls area before the metal plate completely cuts through the silicone. The way the foot plate is currently designed, it pokes a bit here and a bit there with every movement of the leg. A solely bed-ridden doll could look similar unless you can avoid any tension over the sharp edge of the foot plate from inside.

For comparison, my DS-167 Evo does not show similar decay of the soles of the feet after a year; she also can not stand, and she also needs to use her feet for balancing when sitting. The pictures of the GT show a doll which is now approximately 3 weeks old.

I haven't figured out yet what DS is doing differently, but possibly they use a silicone blend with greater tear resistence; or they deburr their foot plates; or there are other factors involved that I am not aware of.

Sandro

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

The feet in this form are a design nightmare. Just looking at how the silicone is ripping apart in these pictures is kinda painful.

pup001

Post by pup001 »

Thanks for posting this review. It looks like they have a lot of issues to fix.

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

dxc wrote:The feet in this form are a design nightmare. Just looking at how the silicone is ripping apart in these pictures is kinda painful.
Yeah, such a beautiful doll, but more than anything else that foot-plate issue is just painful to see.

Artistically, she looks amazing, but durability is probably even more important with that kind of investment.

dollarfan

Post by dollarfan »

Very informative review from Sandro @ Dollstudio. Let Us hope for a reaction from the manufacturer of all the issues with the doll.

mckenzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mckenzie »

Thanks for the review. It's a real shame they haven't been able to ensure durability on a doll as beautiful as this.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

This is why doll companies are very unwise indeed to _sell_ any doll before getting their manufacture right and actually consulting doll experts to get the product right before going into the market. Gynoid are going to have to do a lot of persuasion after this to encourage anyone to make the gamble of a purchase.

The DS 167 EVO appears to be able to stand, by the way. I had a year old doll used for considerable standing photography given to me and her feet are in perfect condition. However, in my care she has suffered a broken leg to hip joint which I haven't had time to repair yet.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

just to give a quick update… Houston, we have a problem.

Sil-poxy does not bond the GT silicone blend. There were similar reports for Sino's silicone blend, too, so this does not come entirely unexpected. But the lack of sample material causes now an aggravation for the urgent repairs as without material samples, no systematic tests are possible, at least not without cutting the doll into little pieces.

So as of now, there is no well-known (common, easy to obtain) silicone adhesive that could be used with success on a GT doll.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

How about the Permatex flowable windshield adhesive?

It does frustrate me that companies set up selling dolls without having done their in-house testing. This is a situation where you should not have had to buy the doll even at a discount, and that you should have been employed by them as a consultant to advise them on the prototype before public release. They would then receive your findings privately, and be able to launch subsequently with a doll better developed to perfection.

This was a position I fulfilled a couple of years ago with one TPE manufacturer and rejected three prototypes and as a result no doll enthusiast lost out and the brand made alliance with another manufacturer who came on board at TDF. Likewise last year I advised on a new TPE brand and rejected the quality of the TPE and they haven't marketed their dolls since, awaiting improvement and approval.

You're very adventurous in buying new brand dolls and doing what the manufacturers should either be doing for themselves or paying to have done, and TDF owes you a great debt.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@harem: Since I only posted summaries of my recent reviews on TDF (yes, there is a reason for this), I am not sure if you went through the whole nine yards of reading the long version outside of TDF. If not: What I have seen in my Model 7 sample is unprecedented. Yes, there was sloppiness with packaging, and the doll is probably a bit too delicate, and the factory messed up joint adjustments big time, the lack of usable standing capability is most deplorable, and so on. But besides these issues there are numerous details which simply have nothing to do with the usual quality and type of dolls we are discussing elsewhere in this forum. These details are so much beyond anything else.

For example, the precision of seamline trimming is unparalleled by any manufacturer I know. For the eye mechanism I used for the first time ever the term 'perfect', and I still stand by my word. The skin surface finishing is not just well done or good looking. It is artwork level. No other manufacturer listed on this forum has this skill level. And there is a lot more of exceptionally good things to explore on these dolls.

However, all that does not change the fact that (once more) I got a doll that is utterly useless for my use case - showcasing and photography. But the GT dolls do not deserve to be condemed in general.

Obviously, from the business point of view, the current GT dolls are nightmares. And clearly, if the issues at hand are not fixed asap, the company deserves to become a peripheral footnote in doll historiography. But that would be a severe loss, and I very much hope that there will be tangible solutions soon. Whatever happens, I hope GT will do the right thing, and I will try my best to support them.

But all I can say at this point is that since I am observing the doll business I have not encountered a manufacturer with as great potential as Gynoid.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Dollstudio wrote: But all I can say at this point is that since I am observing the doll business I have not encountered a manufacturer with as great potential as Gynoid.
Yes - I have gathered that also which is why I have been encouraging of them. The details and excellence to which they are working is clearly a challenge even to the best of American manufacturers and in my opinion they have created more faces of reality and beauty in a first run of less than a dozen than other manufacturers have achieved among many more.

So look forward particularly to your next instalments of exciting news.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

INFORMATIONS