dollstudio.org

You might want to look closely… VERY closely…

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: You might want to look closely… VERY closely…

Post by Dollstudio »

Ztar073 wrote:[…] the hips. It seems they have fixed almost all the issues with this area. Movement is now what is expected, except for one major thing. On the old doll, the left hip was loose. Not just on my doll but probably all the dolls. A design flaw I think. Really makes dealing with the doll a pain on so many levels as the dolls leg always wants to straighten out. You say after a few days the right hip developed this problem. I can't believe they haven't solved this problem yet. Makes you wonder what you would find If you cut open the hip to tighten. To me this loose hip is a major issue this company needs to get figured out.
The way I understand it, the cardboard is not a downgraded packaging. Cardboard is the default for their 'regular' models with fixed legs. The flightcase is only used for model 3+4 which is a limited collector's edition (with detachable legs). Does your doll have a serial number imprinted anywhere?

Regarding the bolts, yes, the threads are still in the metal foot plate:
2019-07-02-14-34-02.jpg
2019-07-02-14-34-02.jpg (254.85 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
And that's why the foot design is not fit for standing without causing damage:
2019-07-02-14-34-49.jpg
2019-07-02-14-34-49.jpg (239.2 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
This is how the loosend leg behaves:
ezgif-2-36276116e176.gif
ezgif-2-36276116e176.gif (2.23 MiB) Viewed 1713 times
By the way, I updated the drafted review thread with a one-week-look-back and some factory responses about the issues I have encountered so far.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Lightswitch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lightswitch »

She's very nice, very beautiful and a nice life like appearance.

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

I consider the box a down grade because the doll is the same price and the packaging and presentation inside the case was excellent vs a poorly packed box aliexpress level with a terrible presentation when you open the box. Not saying they should provide a flight case . it's a loss all around.
On the old doll I dont know that I would refer to it as a serial number but as a designation of the dolls alleged limited edition status . So yes, a serial number :lol: The number on the old doll was under the right hip , viewable if you removed the right lower leg. I am
Glad to see the bolt holes are still in the foot plate , there is hope for the doll to stand yet.

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

Regarding your animation , that is the same leg on the old doll that had the issue. Are you still holding the leg at the end or did you let it go? it is not viewable in the frame.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: You might want to look closely??? VERY closely???

Post by MannyCan »

It looks like he's just letting it go.
Doll skeleton .. Skeleton durability and function is a VERY VERY VERY under-valued component of dolls.
But we're all only as good as our bones.
Same is true of dolls.

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Hmmm rather interesting read; she looks freaking real with all those details, damn shame focus was on the outside and the skeleton isnt really thought out that well -agreed way undervalued by some brands-. Nothing worse than a doll having issues this fast cuz the bones aint right ;). Just wanted to second; no anus isnt an issue for me either, esp. if it comes with the benefit of more realistic/better placed/stronger vag. Just my 2 cents.
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

please note the updates on the summarized Unboxing thread. For sure the GT doll has amazing elements, but she is literally falling apart within three weeks after her arrival. Besides the packaging issues and the complete lack of standing capability, the soles of the feet are looking like swiss cheese just from balancing when sitting; three joints are now floppy (right hip, left leg, right shoulder), and so far there is no operational silicone adhesive for GT.

Gynoid Tech has received timely documentation for these issues. Even though the soles of the feet look like so…
DSC07023.JPG
DSC07023.JPG (488.23 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
DSC07024.JPG
DSC07024.JPG (485.12 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
… and even without any standing attempts, they keep claiming that the doll can stand on this creepy non-deburred metal foot plate (first picture above) which already shredded the soles of the feet. The lack of standing capability without injuring the doll and the mortifyingly poor foot plate design is otherwise completely ignored. Denial is not exactly creating trust with a new manufacturer.

The manufacturer suggested resolution for repairing the non-posable joints is to cut the (factory fresh!) doll open on the chest, hip and leg for tightening the joints. Luckily I found out that there is no operational silicone adhesive for GT before I made the required incisions for this surgery, which would cover approximately 1/3 of her body. Additionally, from what I have seen about the joint design, just tightening the joints would be futile as at least some of them are not even engineered to withstand loosening. The whole skeleton would have to be retrofitted with an upgraded version to avoid cutting through the soles of the feet and to enable posing for more than a couple of days. Obviously it is not possible to replace a whole skeleton in a completed doll without causing additional severe damages, so there seems to be no fix or workaround for delivered dolls except replacing them.

Though, the main problem is not the doll, but an overstrained and completely helpless manufacturer. Gynoid Tech is still very busy to push out new dolls, but has so far - as far as I can tell - done nothing to fix the issues with the existing dolls. Also, none of the encountered issues would have passed product testing or any critical (unbiased) review. So there is a massive lack of QC/QA before a product line is released, and there is also a massive lack of after-sales service respectively support after a Gynoid Tech doll purchase. This is a very explosive combination.

Gynoid Tech urgently needs to fix the engineering flaws in those dolls which still are in the making, they need to show tangible evidence that the current skeleton does not have the weaknesses anymore, and they need to come up with doable solutions for existing customers.

The way Gynoid Tech is currently handling (or actually not handling) these issues is simply not acceptable anymore.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

koaltrane

Post by koaltrane »

Please keep us in-the-loop. These are visually the most stunning dolls I have ever seen, but useless until the QC issues are resolved.

esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by esquisseallure »

Your review of Gynoid tech has been very important for me as I was looking to transition from my sanhui to a higher end doll. GT was one of my options but if the body is falling apart in less than a month, I have very little confidence in its long term durability. Oh well... more waiting then. I'll probably most likely just get the amazing 4woods.
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

another three days later and time for an update.

In the past two weeks I did not get an answer to my question if there is a common silicone adhesive that has been tested on the current Gynoid Tech silicone blend.

I offered to perform compatibility tests myself with common silicone adhesives like Sil-poxy, Wacker "E4" or Permatex flowable windshield sealer. I did not get a reply about that, either.

So as of today - July 26th - we need to assume that a current GT doll can not be repaired with any silicone adhesives we can obtain off the shelf in Europe or the U.S.

Gynoid Tech indicated that the factory has a proprietary (custom developed) silicone adhesive. So with this stuff, it might be possible to fix incisions and tears. Assuming that this adhesive actually works - I could not verify that yet -, the question is what GT charges to get this proprietary adhesive to their customers and how long it takes. The only tangible answer I could get so far was:
[…] we can send you Remedial fluid free of charge, just need you to pay shipping cost.
For the past half week I could not get a quote from GT what they will charge for shipping.
The lowest regular rates from Fedex for a small package are around $60. For the EU, that would result in a customs value of ~EUR 54 (item cost = EUR 0, freight cost = ~EUR 54) respectively total costs of about EUR 82 (about EUR 15 customs and import fees plus about EUR 12,50 Fedex brokerage fees). Chinese shipping agents might charge a little bit less for freight costs, and for some EU countries the import costs might be higher, so this is only a rough estimate.

However, as of today - July 26th - we need to assume that obtaining this mysterious 'remedial fluid' will cause notable extra costs for the customers.

Regarding my Model 7 doll, so far no acceptable resolution was proposed. What Gynoid Tech suggested (return doll to China, get back a repaired doll) would cost some extra amount between EUR 800 (only import fees) and about EUR 1440 (one way freight costs plus import fees). Since all issues encountered so far are manufacturing flaws, it is not acceptable to pay that amount of money to get a factory fresh doll fixed.

More importantly, there was no clear statement who bears the shipping risk in case the doll can not be imported to mainland China; also there was no clear statement if and how the engineering flaws in my doll would be fixed. GT claims that there is an enhanced skeleton with joints that do not loosen within a couple of days. It is neither clear to me how they would get this corrected skeleton into my doll nor if they would even try.

Honestly, this is bad, very bad.

Product testing needs to happen at the factory, not at the customers.
Product testing costs need to be covered by the manfacturer and must not be burdened upon the customer.

Some of you noticed that I have removed all Gynoid Tech products from the Dollstudio websites and asked for the reason.

The facts summarized above are the reasons.

This is not an official suspension yet.
I am willing to give Gynoid Tech some extra leeway because they are a new company which severely lacks experience.

However, the 'total package' I am facing so far - a doll which literally falls apart within days and a less that helpful manufacturer support - is hardly acceptable for a product in the 4k price range.

Sandro

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

another three days later and time for an update.

In the past two weeks I did not get an answer to my question if there is a common silicone adhesive that has been tested on the current Gynoid Tech silicone blend.

I offered to perform compatibility tests myself with common silicone adhesives like Sil-poxy, Wacker "E4" or Permatex flowable windshield sealer. I did not get a reply about that, either.

So as of today - July 26th - we need to assume that a current GT doll can not be repaired with any silicone adhesives we can obtain off the shelf in Europe or the U.S.

Gynoid Tech indicated that the factory has a proprietary (custom developed) silicone adhesive. So with this stuff, it might be possible to fix incisions and tears. Assuming that this adhesive actually works - I could not verify that yet -, the question is what GT charges to get this proprietary adhesive to their customers and how long it takes. The only tangible answer I could get so far was:
[…] we can send you Remedial fluid free of charge, just need you to pay shipping cost.
For the past half week I could not get a quote from GT what they will charge for shipping.
The lowest regular rates from Fedex for a small package are around $60. For the EU, that would result in a customs value of ~EUR 54 (item cost = EUR 0, freight cost = ~EUR 54) respectively total costs of about EUR 82 (about EUR 15 customs and import fees plus about EUR 12,50 Fedex brokerage fees). Chinese shipping agents might charge a little bit less for freight costs, and for some EU countries the import costs might be higher, so this is only a rough estimate.

However, as of today - July 26th - we need to assume that obtaining this mysterious 'remedial fluid' will cause notable extra costs for the customers.

Regarding my Model 7 doll, so far no acceptable resolution was proposed. What Gynoid Tech suggested (return doll to China, get back a repaired doll) would cost some extra amount between EUR 800 (only import fees) and about EUR 1440 (one way freight costs plus import fees). Since all issues encountered so far are manufacturing flaws, it is not acceptable to pay that amount of money to get a factory fresh doll fixed.

More importantly, there was no clear statement who bears the shipping risk in case the doll can not be imported to mainland China; also there was no clear statement if and how the engineering flaws in my doll would be fixed. GT claims that there is an enhanced skeleton with joints that do not loosen within a couple of days. It is neither clear to me how they would get this corrected skeleton into my doll nor if they would even try.

Honestly, this is bad, very bad.

Product testing needs to happen at the factory, not at the customers.
Product testing costs need to be covered by the manfacturer and must not be burdened upon the customer.

Some of you noticed that I have removed all Gynoid Tech products from the Dollstudio websites and asked for the reason.

The facts summarized above are the reasons.

This is not an official suspension yet.
I am willing to give Gynoid Tech some extra leeway because they are a new company which severely lacks experience.

However, the 'total package' I am facing so far - a doll which literally falls apart within days and a less that helpful manufacturer support - is hardly acceptable for a product in the 4k price range.

Sandro
I hate to put this so bluntly, but would you recommend avoiding the new model just released due to these underlying issues? Personally I love their skill at detailing, but haven't seen a model of theirs that suits my personal tastes. I was actually considering making a compromise to my preferences purely to obtain this level of detail/realism. But if that compromise also came with a myriad of other issues, it would definitely not be worth it.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I had exactly this sort of problem with a company in China manufacturing faulty electrical inverters for solar power. Excellent potential but dealing with the company commercially hazardous to say the least.

Another vendor is continuing to market these dolls on the basis that the product is worthy of encouragement provided they can manufacture it properly and I have counselled him as to the situation as to the liklihood of things going wrong and measures for the protection of customers. Knowing him he will not let customers carry the can so it will be interesting to see how Gynoid reacts in quality of production.

I fear however that the company is of very Chinese mentality but hope they might be dragged into western thinking.

Challenges lie ahead.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: You might want to look closely??? VERY closely???

Post by MannyCan »

Model 9 has been on my mind a LOT. But .. build quality is just as important as sculpt or design.

I guess "It what's on the inside that matters" isn't just for human women. It goes for dolls too.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Colonel Angus wrote:I hate to put this so bluntly, but would you recommend avoiding the new model just released due to these underlying issues?
I guess you already know my answer to that question.

As a vendor I need to earn money with the dolls I am selling.
My paid sample was intended to promote Gynoids products; it was supposed to be used for display and photography.
If I purchase a doll for a couple of grands to learn more about the product, it hurts me the same way it hurts you if I get something that turns out to be utterly useless within a few weeks.

From Doll Sweet I don't get free samples, either. So I spent quite some money to learn more about their products, too.
But the experience I made with them is exactly the opposite. If DS makes a mistake, they fix it.
So I know for a fact that building good dolls and standing by their products is possible in China.

If I make the decision to remove a product line from my shop it is a pronounced warning sign, saying: 'stop right there'.
If a manufacturer delivers a flawed product and needs to charge an extra grand to fix his mistakes, there is something seriously wrong. Either with the product itself or with the manufacturer or with both.

As I said elsewhere, what good is it if you get the world's best seat covers for your new car but the tires are missing?

GT can still fix things, demonstrate problem solving competence and restore trust. And with my pending customer order for Model 7 they can demonstrate that they fixed the engineering issues I encountered with Model 7. My customer has promised to report back. But until we get more real first-hand experiences I'd definitely wait, no matter what other vendors without any first-hand knowlege might promote or promise.

Sandro

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Dollstudio wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:I hate to put this so bluntly, but would you recommend avoiding the new model just released due to these underlying issues?
I guess you already know my answer to that question.

As a vendor I need to earn money with the dolls I am selling.
My paid sample was intended to promote Gynoids products; it was supposed to be used for display and photography.
If I purchase a doll for a couple of grands to learn more about the product, it hurts me the same way it hurts you if I get something that turns out to be utterly useless within a few weeks.

From Doll Sweet I don't get free samples, either. So I spent quite some money to learn more about their products, too.
But the experience I made with them is exactly the opposite. If DS makes a mistake, they fix it.
So I know for a fact that building good dolls and standing by their products is possible in China.

If I make the decision to remove a product line from my shop it is a pronounced warning sign, saying: 'stop right there'.
If a manufacturer delivers a flawed product and needs to charge an extra grand to fix his mistakes, there is something seriously wrong. Either with the product itself or with the manufacturer or with both.

As I said elsewhere, what good is it if you get the world's best seat covers for your new car but the tires are missing?

GT can still fix things, demonstrate problem solving competence and restore trust. And with my pending customer order for Model 7 they can demonstrate that they fixed the engineering issues I encountered with Model 7. My customer has promised to report back. But until we get more real first-hand experiences I'd definitely wait, no matter what other vendors without any first-hand knowlege might promote or promise.

Sandro
I appreciate your prompt answer, and it's candidness. I will watch this topic, and the forums in the future,and hope the design faults, and the shortcomings of the customer service,are both remedied at some point in the near future. I really want to love these products, as realism in detail is foremost on my wishlist.
Ty again Sandro

INFORMATIONS