dollstudio.org

Price differences between doll studio DE and dollstudio EU

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Luca19
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Price differences between doll studio DE and dollstudio EU

Post by Luca19 »

Hey first of all, does dollstudio react to emails? I can't seem to contact them I've tried twice via email. Secondly the EU price is way cheaper than the German prices even though both are euro, I think this is not really trustworthy. Especially since the company is located in Germany.
Newbie! Soon owner of my first doll! :) Ordered my first doll [Piper 150cm Akira] from Kimi at Doll-To China! I'm excited! :)

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Price differences between doll studio DE and dollstudio

Post by poppy70 »

Hi Luca,

I think the prices on the de site include import taxes and vat. The eu site propably not. But it would be at Sandro to tell if I am right...

poppy
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

Luca19
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Luca19 »

400€ import taxes? I doubt that.
Newbie! Soon owner of my first doll! :) Ordered my first doll [Piper 150cm Akira] from Kimi at Doll-To China! I'm excited! :)

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

If I remember correctly from my dispute last year with customs in my country it is 27.5%.

Zombieripper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zombieripper »

Luca19 wrote:Hey first of all, does dollstudio react to emails? I can't seem to contact them I've tried twice via email. Secondly the EU price is way cheaper than the German prices even though both are euro, I think this is not really trustworthy. Especially since the company is located in Germany.
Nothing untrustworthy with the higher prices in the DE store.

1. Iirc the prices in the EU store are without VAT and maybe, could be wrong though, without the actual import taxes.
2. Every import from a none EU-country has to be customs cleared via a declaration for free circulation.
3. Actual calculation of the import fees including VAT:

Every article be it clothing, mobile phones, love dolls has its own HS-Codes (harmonized tarif system code) consisting of 6 - digits that are the same world wide. The German WTN (Warentarifnummer) consists of 5 more digits. Each Warentarifnummer has import taxes added to it, as well as the EUSt (Einfuhrumsatzsteuer) which is the same as the VAT of the same article if you would buy it in your local store right around the corner.

Okay, with that out of the way let's have a look how much these fees for a love doll made out of silicone are:

Let's check the VZTA (verbindliche Zolltarifauskunft) or BTI (binding tarif information) database first:

Okay we found a BTI for 1 love doll, which is a good indicator that love dolls of the same type belong to the WTN 39269097900.

We now know that a love doll made out of silicone belongs to the above mentioned WTN, time to check that WTN and the import taxes as well as the EUSt in the EZT (elektronischer Zolltarif).

As you can see, articles witht the aforementioned WTN have import taxes of 6,5 % of the value of the imported goods + the regular VAT of 19%.
That means that a doll that costs ~ 1800 € would cost the following amount if you wanted to import that article into the EU/DE = 6,5% * 1800 € = 117 € + 1800 € * 19% = 459 €.

Which is roughly 25% of the actual value of the shipment, granted I'm not going into to much detail, because there are other factors that could increase or decrease the import fees like the Incoterms (International commerical terms) in combination with the actual freight charges, the D.V.1 (e.g. transport insurance, provision costs or licensing fees), etc.

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

Run! Buy from china and ask for ups pre paied.
Shipping takes longer and you do not pay any tax. Do not pay 400 more for nothing.
~~~I do not love my dolls because they replace a human.~~~
~~~I love my dolls because they are dolls.~~~

tido
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tido »

Zombieripper wrote:1. Iirc the prices in the EU store are without VAT and maybe, could be wrong though, without the actual import taxes.
I am pretty sure the EU mandates that vendors selling to private customers must only list product prices including all taxes and applicable import fees.
The website also states:
Also, all prices include all import fees for all supported EU destinations.
http://eu.dollstudio.org/shipping-costs
A normal customer will understand this to mean that there is nothing more to be paid except what it says on the product page (including VAT).

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

tido wrote:
Zombieripper wrote:1. Iirc the prices in the EU store are without VAT and maybe, could be wrong though, without the actual import taxes.
I am pretty sure the EU mandates that vendors selling to private customers must only list product prices including all taxes and applicable import fees.
The website also states:
Also, all prices include all import fees for all supported EU destinations.
http://eu.dollstudio.org/shipping-costs
A normal customer will understand this to mean that there is nothing more to be paid except what it says on the product page (including VAT).
Correct.

INFORMATIONS