dollstudio.org

NEW: Cold-welding TPE & TPR diffusion adhesive (CWA)

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Rick9191

Re: NEW: Cold-welding TPE & TPR diffusion adhesive (CWA)

Post by Rick9191 »

mrmofo44 wrote:
Curing time is the same for all repairs using this, reading the manual it is about 8 hours. The viscosity of the solution is definitely higher than that of water H20. Clean the area thoroughly, prepare with baby oil, let soak and dry completely. Then apply.

It has to be similar to a laboratory scientific process and procedure to get the best effect. I will soon try on my modified piperdoll which is TPE. The toy I tried on was TPR. Similar chemical structure.
I had to do a double take. Initially I thought your wrote the manual took you 8 hrs to read. I was like damn, Indigo must have gotten long winded. LOL
Totally groovy and look forward to further updates. Do people even say groovy anymore? Hmmmmmm

mrmofo44
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mrmofo44 »

I would recommend testing on a piece of TPE if you have one of your same material as the doll you are working on to see how the binding and application of the solution works. There is definitely a lab technique needed to have a good weld and proper control of the amount used.

It immediately broke the bond of the material on my TPR toy upon immediate application. That's why Indigo always preaches to have the material stress to be zero so it doesn't pull apart.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

mrmofo44 wrote:I would recommend testing on a piece of TPE if you have one of your same material as the doll you are working on to see how the binding and application of the solution works. There is definitely a lab technique needed to have a good weld and proper control of the amount used.

It immediately broke the bond of the material on my TPR toy upon immediate application. That's why Indigo always preaches to have the material stress to be zero so it doesn't pull apart.
I wish I had matching tpe for the various project pretties. That's why I'm so hopeful for the CWA to be cross compatible.
I have multiple pieces of tpe. Just not all from the same factory.

My first test will be the application of a new labia. Almost like applying latex scars and such people do for Halloween.
I'll be using a female mold of the new labia to hold the appliance in place under slight pressure for firm contact. Couldn't think of an easier method, yet still keep the tpe in it's new molded form. Besides the pressing of the two surfaces to make firm contact. There shouldn't be additional stresses. And if it doesn't work. She didn't look all that good down there to begin with and I'll work on another solution. :)

I'm not very scientific but follow those that are, such as Indigo's manuals for the repair kit. While a time consuming process being at stage 3 on a repair it's working so I won't complain.

Thank you for the updates. Keep 'em coming. But now you have me wondering can we weld tpr to tpe. I have no idea what the differences are between the materials. Now to find something that's tpr for a test.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@Rick9191: Generally, the CWA is able to bond TPE with TPR.

Video, part 1: http://us.dollstudio.org/node/5107
Video, part 2: http://us.dollstudio.org/node/5108

Always assuming that the polymer structure of the thermoplastic has not been severely damaged by previous repair attempts and/or the use of substances like aromatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, disinfectants based on alcohol or ether etc. Please see the manual for details what can work and what might not work.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Dollstudio wrote:@Rick9191: Generally, the CWA is able to bond TPE with TPR.
Always assuming that the polymer structure of the thermoplastic has not been severely damaged by previous repair attempts and/or the use of substances like aromatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, disinfectants based on alcohol or ether etc. Please see the manual for details what can work and what might not work.

Sandro
Headin' to DS now

Thanks Sandro!

Rick

mrmofo44
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mrmofo44 »

Rick9191 wrote:
mrmofo44 wrote:I would recommend testing on a piece of TPE if you have one of your same material as the doll you are working on to see how the binding and application of the solution works. There is definitely a lab technique needed to have a good weld and proper control of the amount used.

I wish I had matching tpe for the various project pretties. That's why I'm so hopeful for the CWA to be cross compatible.
I have multiple pieces of tpe. Just not all from the same factory.

My first test will be the application of a new labia. Almost like applying latex scars and such people do for Halloween.
I'll be using a female mold of the new labia to hold the appliance in place under slight pressure for firm contact. Couldn't think of an easier method, yet still keep the tpe in it's new molded form. Besides the pressing of the two surfaces to make firm contact. There shouldn't be additional stresses. And if it doesn't work. She didn't look all that good down there to begin with and I'll work on another solution. :)

I'm not very scientific but follow those that are, such as Indigo's manuals for the repair kit. While a time consuming process being at stage 3 on a repair it's working so I won't complain.

Thank you for the updates. Keep 'em coming. But now you have me wondering can we weld tpr to tpe. I have no idea what the differences are between the materials. Now to find something that's tpr for a test.
TPE and TPR have similar poly based chain molecular structure but TPR is a bit more flexible and rigid just a slight difference in molecular structure and compounds. They all seem to be cross compatible due to chemical properties

mrmofo44
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mrmofo44 »

Tried on my modified Piper 130 yesterday, Curing time has passed I will let the results be known today.

Update

Just checked the weld and it looks as good as can be, I modified the piper anal orifice because it was way too small and prone to tearing, i had to slowly enlarge the concavity of the entrance in a circular motion using a low heat welding rod then reseal what was the split up the entrance towards the back.

It looks quite nice and almost new, might be even better since it is more functional. So yes this modification/seal was in the groin area of a TPE doll.

The CWA by Indigo should definitely be something every TPE doll owner has, I do not believe there is any other chemical solution on the market unless of course you get the chemical equations from Indigo himself and reagents and make it in your own home lab.. :wink:

I'm glad I bought this solution, it really has and will extend the life of my TPE dolls for what seems like forever..

jonaspersson122

Post by jonaspersson122 »

If one buys this CWA it will hopefully stay unused on a shelf for long periods of time. Does it have an expiration date or can it stay on the shelf basically forever and still work?
I don't own any dolls yet, but I have my heart set on the ClimaxDoll 100cm PlusPlus (huge butt). Maybe someday I will take the plunge...

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Comment deleted.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@jonaspersson122:

As I wrote on page 1 within this article:
Indigo20 wrote:
What to do first:

Please download the handbook and watch the short video clips.

The handbook comes with 34 pages, more than 70 pictures and has the following structure:

I. General information
II. The cold-welding TPE & TPR diffusion adhesive
III. Properties of TPE & TPR in normal condition and under material stress
IV. Preparatory actions
V. Application examples
· Part A: Repairs without material tension
· Part B: Repairs under reduced material tension
VI. Post-processing
VII. Measures for mistakes / The "10-Second-Rule" / Cured diffusion adhesive
VIII. Summary

Take the 25 minutes it needs to read the handbook.
This will answer all your questions and it will encrease your knowledge about TPE repair.

This is from the handbook:
Handbook.jpg
Handbook.jpg (90.25 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
I receive so many emails and PM's with questions regarding my products that are already answered in the handbooks.
One of my vendors told me that not reading manuals and handbooks is a "question of mentality".
And he told me that (especially for the English language) there is an abbreviation called "RTFM".
"Read the fucking manual ?"
"No, read the fine manual"

@Rock13:

I was in the hospital and in the rehab clinic.
Back at home I had to deal with a basement flooding which caused high damage to the house and stored eqipment.
My vendors were informed about this.
That was the reason why my products were not available.

BUT:

As I wrote on page 1 within this article:
Indigo20 wrote:
The cold-welding TPE & TPR diffusion adhesive is available from these TDF vendors:
- Dollstudio
- DollsFrance
- Booty Call Dolls
- Mon Amour Toujours
DollsFrance has the adhesive always in stock (because they ordered the adhesive before I went to the hospital)

Rock13, if you would have "read the fine information", you would have seen that the product is available.
Your comment is not acceptable.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Sorry, Indigo20, I did try to order some of the adhesive and was unsuccessful. I've been very frustrated because Hadleigh's hands are in desperate need of repair. I missed the information about your hospital stay and I hope you're doing much better now. I will submit another order.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

Hi Indigo,
sorry to hear about your bad luck. All the best and a quick full recovery.

INFORMATIONS