dollstudio.org

Weekly summary 06/2019

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Weekly summary 06/2019

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

this is a summary of what was going in the doll world in the past 6th week of 2019, as far as we at Dollstudio & DS Doll Europe were concerned.

In short, there was not much. It's a slow time.

1) Latest blog posts.

Our daily blog posts feature mostly new photo sets, showcasing dolls and heads in various configurations.

Among some other things, we have posted these new picture series during the past week:
  • Jarliet JA-166 body style and ›Jen‹ head
  • Sanhui SH-168 body style and ›Marya‹ head (SH-008)
  • OR Doll OR-156/H body style and ›Shally‹ head (OR-032 / Jinsan no. 261)
  • SY Doll SY-164 body style and head no. 170
These blog posts are mirrored on the Latest blog posts section all three Dollstudio websites. It is sorted in reverse chronological order, newest posts on top:
(EU and US sites in English, DE site in German)

2) CNY closing schedules.

Most factories are still closed and will remain closed for at least another week; the same goes for the relevant Chinese logistics and shipping companies.

So yes, one more week with neither completed nor shipped dolls.

3) Other topics.

Registration and legal formalities for Indigo's cold-welding TPE & TPR diffusion adhesive (in short 'CWA') have been finalized. It is to a certain extent brand agnostic and will work an many TPE and TPR blends. The important part is that with the CWA we become a little bis less dependent on the cooperation of Chinese factories. During the past weeks I have posted a couple of 'how to' tutorials so you can visually compare if you need the CWA to repair certain types of injuries. Product launch will start on Dollstudio US within the next days.

On TDF, a couple of new brands were listed. Among them Aiersha/Junying rebrands like AF Doll and finally Jarliet. In TDF terminology those are 'manufacturers'; this might appear confusing as, on their websites, they show a lot of photos already known from certain other (unlisted) factories, mixed with own/exclusive bodies and heads. So the researchers among you will have some challenges (and hopefully also some fun) to untangle the actual heritage.

Currently we do not have access to their TPE material yet, so as far as repair/maintenance accessories like Indigo's TPE repair kit are concerned, those 'newcomers' are unsupported brands. If you are representing one of these new brands/manufacturers, please feel free to contact us or Indigo directly if you want to make your dolls repairable and maintainable with products like Indigo's tpe repair kit or check for the compatibility with Indigo's stain remover.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Weekly summary 06/2019

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Sandro,
I will contact Jarliet and AF.
As always, thank you for all you do!
Jeff

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Great update Sandro, some good tips, advice and explanations, that should again echo what I have advised a few of the Industry about.

Also on the near horizon, after CNY, expect some more exciting innovation and almost game changing info out of Xiegang district, in Dongguan :idea:

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

a quick addendum regarding the CWA. I have disabled the product again because it is simply too expensive when reselling.

Due to slow business I can no longer sponsor each sale to make these products affordable.
The same thing happened when other vendors took over VonRubber's tongue & teeth set, the retail price more than doubled in the other vendors cost-covering price calculations.

The best route to take is to switch to direct sales by Indigo. He is VAT exempt and runs a small business with low tax rates. That should suffice to keep Indigo's products affordable.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

Hi Sandro,

I'm not sure I understand your last post. On Feb. 10th you were about to start selling indigo's CWA and then on the 15th you say that its too expensive to sell, but I didn't understand your explination. Is it just more than people are willing to pay? It seems like quite an innovative product that will help add additional life to existing dolls.
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@Out_Of_Sync: Indigo's products are hand-made. That's why their wholesale price is and always will be at a level where a reasonable retail price point should be. If you add a reseller, you also add a 2nd margin and a 2nd company which has to pay additional taxes.

Speaking with real numbers, if Indigo and myself have a $5 margin each, the resulting retail price is around $85. The remaining $75 are raw product costs, shipping costs, Paypal fees and taxes. For this calculation I am not taking tax evasion strategies under consideration; that is not my area of expertise, and I do not run a HK Ltd. for that purpose. So we can not get rid of the taxation overhead.

Neither Indigo nor I want such a high selling price. $85 is simply too much for 10 ml / 0.33 US fl. oz. of TPE/TPR adhesive.

If you cut out the middleman (myself), one of the two $5 margins and a lot of tax overhead is gone, and everything remains legal. With direct sales, Indigo should be able to sell a 10 ml bottle of the TPE/TPR adhesive for around $49 with a sound profit, at least as long as Indigo's business is VAT exempt.

Sandro

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

Sandro, thank you for explaining the current situation.

Let me bring more light into this "value added tax jungle" we have in Europe / Germany.

I run a so called small business.
With the low profit I make I'm able to sell my hand made products without 19% value added tax on products and shipping costs.
Just for having this "small business on paper", I have to pay a lot of money.
- Insurances
- Water, electricity,
- Fees for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Fees for the Trade Union for Raw Materials and Chemical Industry
- Fees for the recycling of chemical waste
- Fees for the recycling of packiging material every manufacturer / vendor has to pay according the "packaging act"
All of this is taxed with 19% value added tax.

All material I purchase for making the products and their shipping costs to me is taxed with 19% value added tax.

You see, I have to pay a lot of money, I pay 19% tax on everything and I'm selling my products for low pricing.
My profit is a joke.

Sandro with Dollstudio has a so called "big business".
He is forced to add 19% value added tax on products and shipping costs.
And everybody is paying with PayPal.
PayPal is
- using a currency exchange which is 2,5% above the regular currency exchange rate
- adding 2% for border crossing money transfer
- adding 2,49% + 0,35 Euro on the whole money transfer

Now you see the effect of the so called "doubled added value tax", 19% payed from me on everything and 19% which Sandro is forced to add.
Plus shipping costs and plus PayPal fees....BAMM....the product becomes expensive.

Sandro is in the situation that he is not making profit with my products, he is making loss !
He is making this loss since he is selling my products.
We talked about this situation a lot in the past.

As the true gentleman he is, he told me that I should run my own shops for selling the products.

But this is a big problem:
If I would run my own shops, I would be the "competitor" of my own business partners Jeff (BCD), Remi (DollsFrance) and Don (Mon Amour Toujours).
I would be forced to quit with my business partners.
And I would be cut off from information what happens in China and I would be cut off from the possibility to purchase TPE material.

Further:
I would need to run 3 websites with shops.
Germany: German language / currency Euro
Europe: English language / currency Euro
International: English language / currency US-Dollar

Running 3 shops and 3 websites would cost me a lot of money, especially because of all conditions and IT law that has to be correct.
And therewith I would be forced to encrease the pricing of my products.
For having contact with China, it would be necessary to sell dolls.

And finally I have to say, I'm a manufacturer and developer.
"If the baker man is more in front of his computer, he is not making bread".

The current situation is really bad, for all of us.

We will find a solution, that's all I can say at the moment.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I just want my BCD Fmers to have a good product.
I do just fine finding dolls new homes.
V/r
Jeff

Dutch Dance Maniac
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: The Netherlands. Electronic Dance Music Country number 1 !!!

Post by Dutch Dance Maniac »

I understand the situation from your side Indigo and also sandro. 19% tax on products it's crazy and killing for small counpany's, here in the netherlands it's even 21% tax. :twisted:
It's all a big joke with ther one united europe bla bla bla. Why not one EU tax ??

I Will follow your news about a solution for the future..... :thumbs_up:
Timea. WM157B #159

Daisy. WM163C #162

Mariëlle. DutchDoll 148-CM

However Unreal This May Be...... We Are Connected You And I.
We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
We Share The Same Secret. We Love Our Dolls And Our LifeStyle.
That Makes Us Who We Really Are. Pure, Loving and Caring.
Welcome Into Our World.

youbet
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by youbet »

Indigo20 wrote:Sandro, thank you for explaining the current situation.

Let me bring more light into this "value added tax jungle" we have in Europe / Germany.

I run a so called small business.
With the low profit I make I'm able to sell my hand made products without 19% value added tax on products and shipping costs.
Just for having this "small business on paper", I have to pay a lot of money.
- Insurances
- Water, electricity,
- Fees for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Fees for the Trade Union for Raw Materials and Chemical Industry
- Fees for the recycling of chemical waste
- Fees for the recycling of packiging material every manufacturer / vendor has to pay according the "packaging act"
All of this is taxed with 19% value added tax.

All material I purchase for making the products and their shipping costs to me is taxed with 19% value added tax.

You see, I have to pay a lot of money, I pay 19% tax on everything and I'm selling my products for low pricing.
My profit is a joke.

Sandro with Dollstudio has a so called "big business".
He is forced to add 19% value added tax on products and shipping costs.
And everybody is paying with PayPal.
PayPal is
- using a currency exchange which is 2,5% above the regular currency exchange rate
- adding 2% for border crossing money transfer
- adding 2,49% + 0,35 Euro on the whole money transfer

Now you see the effect of the so called "doubled added value tax", 19% payed from me on everything and 19% which Sandro is forced to add.
Plus shipping costs and plus PayPal fees....BAMM....the product becomes expensive.

Sandro is in the situation that he is not making profit with my products, he is making loss !
He is making this loss since he is selling my products.
We talked about this situation a lot in the past.

As the true gentleman he is, he told me that I should run my own shops for selling the products.

But this is a big problem:
If I would run my own shops, I would be the "competitor" of my own business partners Jeff (BCD), Remi (DollsFrance) and Don (Mon Amour Toujours).
I would be forced to quit with my business partners.
And I would be cut off from information what happens in China and I would be cut off from the possibility to purchase TPE material.

Further:
I would need to run 3 websites with shops.
Germany: German language / currency Euro
Europe: English language / currency Euro
International: English language / currency US-Dollar

Running 3 shops and 3 websites would cost me a lot of money, especially because of all conditions and IT law that has to be correct.
And therewith I would be forced to encrease the pricing of my products.
For having contact with China, it would be necessary to sell dolls.

And finally I have to say, I'm a manufacturer and developer.
"If the baker man is more in front of his computer, he is not making bread".

The current situation is really bad, for all of us.

We will find a solution, that's all I can say at the moment.

Stop over analyzing...throw just this one product up on ebay and lets get this party started....people are hungry for the cold welding product..

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

First. Thanks Sandro for the weekly updates. You seem to be one of the few that put out "news" besides sales pitches. Real sorry to hear there's issues with the CWA because gosh darn it I'm ready to order for a specific project CWA would be my solution for. LOL So when you or Indigo get it on the market, I'll be buying. If it works as I suspect it will, it will be worth it to me. Thanks again.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Seems a common thing in Western countries, small businesses are easy targets for Government revenue raising. They have neither the political clout/influence or the resources of the multi-nationals.

This does little to foster growth in the small business sector and currently doesn't help me get a look at the pdf of the CWA product :)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

seagull wrote:[…] doesn't help me get a look at the pdf of the CWA product :)
Maybe this helps:
Indigo will resume his business after he is back from the hospital about end of July, if everything goes according to plan.

Sandro

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I also think ebay is a good option for the product as well, as ebay charges tax to buyer at check out and would avoid import hold fees for GST calculations with Aust customs, as the GST and taxes already paid via eBay...

So perhaps even an ebay shop or just as a eBay member that only sells to certain locations Uk, Europe, Australia, The Americas and maybe China is definitely the way to...as a seller rather than a small business.

Just a though to help get the product out there to other countries.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS