dollstudio.org

Time to move on

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Time to move on

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

My family used to have a huge black mutt called Büffel (buffalo in German). I remember when he got old and slept all day. One day, he just didn't want to move at all anymore, and my parents called the vet for euthanasia. Büffel died in the garden under his favourite tree, where they buried him. I had moved to Cologne by then, I only heard about it from my mother on the phone.
Our cat Juli was heartbroken when her best friend Büffel was gone. She started aging rapidly and died under a bush near the tree about two years later. They buried her next to Büffel.
My parents had two more cats after that, but no dog. Those new cats only saw me as somebody who would appear out of nowhere once in a while and get more attention than them.

Maler the tomcat had to be put down because of FIV several years ago. After that, the other cat called Lieschen became shy and spent most of her time wandering around the neighbourhood. When my mother got cancer, Lieschen decided to come back and stay close to her, but as soon as my mother was dead, the cat ran away and never came back. I moved in with my father for half a year afterwards, bringing my cat Prince with me. I missed Cologne though and had to go back. My father cried when he said goodbye to Prince, he loved him so much.

And then my father died, just 22 months after my mother. Now I'm here with Prince in this empty house, selling everything that's worth anything and giving the rest away. Thanks to Sandro, I can play with Alvariel, she is absolutely amazing, and Sandro is always there to answer emails. I don't know whether I would even have considered having a doll delivered here if Dollstudio didn't exist.

Prince must have thought we were visiting Papa, the first few days he kept searching for him. Tomorrow would have been Papa's 74th birthday. I'll drink a bottle of his best wine for him.
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

Condolences Noodul.
I want to add "halt die Ohren steif".

secretagentman

Post by secretagentman »

haremlover wrote:In no way do I want to hi-jack this thread ... <snip>
Your wall of text says otherwise.

Harem, I'm begging you to please stop posting in this thread.

There's no defending the indefensible, no matter how many words you use.

Best to you and your pup Sandro.

She couldn't have asked for a better dad.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

secretagentman wrote: There's no defending the indefensible, no matter how many words you use.
No I am not defending the indefensible. Please would you kindly read viewtopic.php?p=1427891#p1427891

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Sorry to read that. The lost of a beloved partner is a hard to deal, only time will heal. I suffered a lost of my golden retriever a several years ago. the sweet memories stay with me forever.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

@mandos: wow, another Sammie fan :D Yes, they are wonderful dogs!

Some memories to keep the good times alive…

When was wasn't a baby dog anymore…
img_2330.jpg
img_2330.jpg (359.38 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
About teenager age…
2005-pict1924.jpg
2005-pict1924.jpg (317.82 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
some jumping…
2005-pict0658.jpg
2005-pict0658.jpg (227.98 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
and some mushing…
img15_003.jpg
img15_003.jpg (198.52 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
And this one needs color…
2003-pict5928.jpg
2003-pict5928.jpg (124.19 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Tonight she is restless. No wonder if she sleeps the whole day.
On the other hand, it might be sign that she does not feel well anymore.

Sandro

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Sandro, my deepest sympathies to you and your sweet doggy. Stay strong my friend.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

we had a night without much sleep. Yesterday not even a short walk.

The time to move on might be closer than I had hoped. Tomorrow we have an appointment with the vet.
She will try to find out if the dog is suffering and we do not want to see it.

What I had in mind was to postpone the decision if I need to move on as long as my dog lives.
If she moves on, I will move on. I don't know yet in which direction.

So now it might be time to focus on the core of this thread.

Harem provided the passing for this. In his elaborate mindgames, he does not make the checkmate move. He makes me make the checkmate move myself:
haremlover wrote:The problem is that if you shoot the goose, you don't get any eggs at all, let alone golden ones.

So the art is trying to work with the goose to lay better eggs more reliably.

What I have been saying above is not making excuses for the manufacturer at all but in fact advice on how to deal with a Chinese manufacturer and keep one's sanity.
There is a military term for this. It's collaboration.
Collaboration does not require excuses if one wants many golden eggs at any cost.

When Germany invaded France in 1940, Pétain asked the French people to collaborate with the occupying forces. If your name is Schindler, you might be able to save a few and you might even get a Hollywood movie. So being a quisling is not per se bad. But in history, the evil was not overthrown by quislings or backdoor diplomacy. The terror regime was defeated by military force.
History tells us that appeasement did not work.

I am aware that this kind of comparisons are most delicate as we are talking about business, not politics.

Nonetheless, "trying to work with the goose to lay better eggs" is a call for collaboration.

Actually it was Vivian who pointed out the connections between business and war.
She emphasized the importance of sources like Sun Tzu's The Art of War for nowadays businesses.

Vivian is a trained businesswoman, and on TDF she has the official status as consultant.
So I think it is not to far fetched to call Harem's demand by it's name.

The problem we are facing is some kind of war, a business war about the rules of international trade.

Some of the Chinese manufacturers do not cooperate with us in a constructive manner anymore.
Instead they are trying to impose their quality standards, their ideas of after sales service, and their way of dealing with intellectual property.
These ways are not compatible with the Western understanding.

This is why a TDF-listed manufacturer beginning with "S" and ending with "i" tried to extort me to sign a contract stating: "5. […] The Law of the People’s Republic Of China shall be applicable for this agreement, All arbitration to be carried out by the local court of Nanning City, Guangxi Province, China."

Subjugating under these terms means to give up international trade law and consumer protection. And I guess nobody here is willing to travel for arbitration to Nanning.

There can be no cooperation based on this. It requires first the unconditional surrender. Then you can try to become a quisling. Good luck with that.
But you can not try to cooperate with the intent to change the terms as the terms are not negotiable. They will simply enforce their terms.

You can observe the results of these terms on the Ali-yadayada platforms. You may or may not get something. You may or may not get the product you ordered. If you get something, in may or may not work. If the product you got works, it may or may not do what was advertised. If it breaks, you may or may not get a $5 discount to buy a replacement as there will be no factory warranty. What happens with your money is like playing the lottery. That's the rules we are talking about.

This business war about the rules requires a public forum to inform and sensitize customers.

Sweeping public discussion about undesirable developments under the carpet is a key component of the Ali-yadayada economy.

The question for TDF is if it wants to become yet another Ali-yadayada clone for sex dolls or remain a platform that stands tall for the customers.

And the question to TDF's users is what kind of platform they need.

Sandro

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

OK Troops, there are two topics at play here. Let us at least try to address one of them, most of you guys are doing great here, some not.

Read what red leader is recommending here!

curiousswede, man you are not the "dopey boofhead" in this topic, so anytime you need clarification, happy to take time answering your Pms fella! :thumbs_up:

Harem, man I like your passion and you as well, but just STOP digging yourself a hole man, (you are too close to this man) the OP has already told you three times to wind your skull into your neck, please respect his wishes. :whistle:

right so on topic, what are DS issues and condolences for his pup. Right .

I empathize so much. The below photo was with one of my great Dane fur child's "Schooby" from Oct 2013 just before my world started crumbling apart. 8O

I am about 6'3" in bare feet, and he was a massive 110 Kg fit fella, he was three years old in this image. Unfortunately my ex wife had him put to sleep, after he took a chunk out of her affair boyfriends arse cheek when he was plugging her on the marriage bed, while, I was away on a 9 month gig in the Afghanistan. So when I came home to no wife and no fur child's, man I get the feeling of loss.
2013-10-25 20.04.57.jpg
2013-10-25 20.04.57.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1707 times
Some here may at times, wonder where my inner demon rage can came from, well, this is just one of many factors in my life. :idea:

As for the other issue, as to why DS has issues, feel free to re read my posts in topic as a highly likely issue, and kindly try not to push your own agenda. That shit is for PMs of the public view between those with their agendas, that may not be relevant to the topic at hand.

Sure, everyone can have an opinion, but that does not mean everyone needs to hear it or read it on the public board!

So take my posts or leave them, as well, your choice and prerogative, but maybe if you take time to read them, your questions will be answered.

Also, Sandro, stick around man, you add value, not just with sales and products either :thumbs_up: and I enjoy working with you behind the scenes man!

Anung :idea:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Dollstudio wrote:This is why a TDF-listed manufacturer beginning with "S" and ending with "i" tried to extort me to sign a contract stating: "5. […] The Law of the People’s Republic Of China shall be applicable for this agreement, All arbitration to be carried out by the local court of Nanning City, Guangxi Province, China."

... ... ... ...

The question for TDF is if it wants to become yet another Ali-yadayada clone for sex dolls or remain a platform that stands tall for the customers.

And the question to TDF's users is what kind of platform they need.
Dear Sandro, I really don't know what you would like to hear from us. Issues you appointed are the ones we would like to discuss among manufacturers and vendors on TDF. And sure we like to share the outcome of this with the members of TDF. We now provide a platform to discuss these issues. Please start to discuss your grievances there.

To everyone here, Sandro is asking "And the question to TDF's users is what kind of platform they need." This is an easy one, you want a customer-oriented forum, and that is exactly what TDF wants to be. Questions like this put fuel to the question if TDF is amending their policies to please some manufactures. For us it is almost impossible to proof the contrary. Or, maybe it is. Have a look at how many manufacturers and vendors are listed at TDF. We ask all of them to support us to be able to keep TDF free for members. Having this many sellers supporting us we are independent from any single seller. Also we do receive new requests to be listed as manufacturer or vendor on a daily basis but we don't want to add sellers that are offering the same dolls and same services -we are looking for sellers that offer exclusive dolls and distinguished services. TDF is not doing any favouritism to a single manufacturer or vendor. Actually several sellers changed their offerings and policies to comply to our requirements. Our aim is to improve the doll industry. To do so we invited all vendors and manufacturers at TDF to share their grievances, worries, questions, ideas and to discuss them. We aim to have all listed manufacturers and vendors to agree on better industry standards, serving the customers.
We invite Sandro to take part of this initiative.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

OK. Please shave my head as a collaborator. Perhaps I will look like one of my dolls without a wig :-(

And then, I'll simply have to hide it ;-)

by wearing my cap

Really I don't think the analogy with the sad period of the world in the 1940s is very helpful although the name of my alter-ego here happens to be near enough Herrman.

We're dealing here with quality issues relating to how people enjoy dolls. We're dealing with getting the best out of manufacturers in a far-away land, and not many manufacturers in Europe or USA really who can compete with those on the vastly reduced costs that the far-away manufacturers have given to us on a plate.

Some products are better than others. Some products aren't very good. Some products are of a different specification to that advertised. Some of a different specification might be of a different specification but are still fundamentally enjoyable and saleable if properly and accurately marketed. That's the proper job of a vendor.

The cause of the differences between us rest upon the differences of opinion of how to approach the products of a company that's produced a RealDoll type of realistic size, and equivalent weight,
at half the price of a RealDoll and we debate whether to have done so is kosher.

We debate the circumstances surrounding their marketing, which on their website is now rectified.

We don't debate the level of customer service which Phil from The Doll House tells us is so abysmal he didn't want to play ball with them.

Clearly there is room for improvement. I'm not making excuses nor "collaborating" with the enemy.

I happened to be in court in London today with a Judge handing down a judgment on my Godson's claim against his former school for throwing him out of school because he was was diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition. It was my Godson's case that the school had done this at a critical time and had diminished his life-chances. My Godson lost.

In the words of the Judge who was of leading stature and very experienced, he found that my Godson was then an exceptional boy and now an exceptional young man and that to focus on the negative was counterproductive. He found that the school had made mistakes, been wrong and hurtful, for which he made a small award, but with respect to life chances he insisted that it was counterproductive to focus on the negative and to recognise that this young man had the possibility of a very successful future in front of him. The important thing he said was to focus on the positive for the future.

I am not a "collaborator" in the sense to which you have referred but have given to you from the best of my ability, advice from life experience and wisdom a not very dissimilar opinion to that given today by the Judge to my Godson.

This company has made a mistake and clearly has room for improvement in its dealings with vendors on the examples in the past, but makes products which compete with the paragon of doll brands at half the cost or less on their own terms of size and weight, and the smaller doll that I have examined shows potential to bring very great enjoyment to people.

In the sentiment of the Judge today to my Godson it's time to look to the positives that the future can hold rather than to the negatives of the past.

I'm neither playing mindgames with you nor playing chess, merely conveying as a friend a reality that poses a challenge and from the grasping of which both you and doll enthusiasts will benefit the more.

Understandably the current circumstances are very painful and depressing, but business is not achieved in depression and if you want to succeed, it's time to move on putting the negative behind us.

Best wishes and particular sympathies for this difficult time,

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

Sandro, all my best wishes for you at these hard times.

My advice is to think outside the box...and take that chance.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

Nescio50 wrote:
To everyone here, Sandro is asking "And the question to TDF's users is what kind of platform they need." This is an easy one, you want a customer-oriented forum, and that is exactly what TDF wants to be.
but that's just it though. tdf members are not the customers. we do not exchange currency for a product or service with tdf. that is the vendors and manufactures doing that.

people looking for dolls come and go in high numbers so there is little to no impact if they never return

vendors as you have stated are lined up to get into here so while not ideal to lose one of them they are somewhat replaceable

decent manufactures though.....well as has already been established this is the tricky part. the amount of crap out their is staggering so any with a semblance of quality is a rarity which tdf has done a great job to filter through to find the diamonds in the rough.

and with my recent unpleasant experience i can say that it did feel as though the manufacture was definitely given considerably more leeway then they should have been

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

optical delusion wrote:decent manufactures though.....well as has already been established this is the tricky part. the amount of crap out their is staggering so any with a semblance of quality is a rarity which tdf has done a great job to filter through to find the diamonds in the rough.
TDF recently sent their consultant back to China for a month, to visit some of the factories and meet the owners. She speaks both Chinese and Japanese, so she's a great help when we need to make sure that nothing is lost in translation. Who else can say that they go to those lengths. Manufacturers changed their offering because we told them. Probably not because they liked this, but because they want to be on TDF.

Still, some will suggest that TDF is amending their policies to please the manufacturers. There's no way to fight that rumour :(

P.S. to optical delusion, Dolls Castle is also invited to join the manufacturer and vendor discussions.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

some of us vendors have a little information exchange network for quick memos and alerts, e.g. if someone is getting sued or needs a 2nd opinion, or if odd legislations or customs decisions surface. It's for rather sensitive things and selected recipients, but not necessarily limited to vendors. I agree that not every 'unhatched egg' needs a broad audience. Some things could cause panick if trumpeted prematurely, and sometimes a too broad audience could hinder a quick resolution with a manufacturer. It's just a first layer. The manufacturer/vendor forum would not replace this.

As I understand it so far, the TDF vendor/manufacturer forum is intended to be an information exchange subset for things still not targeted at the broader public, but also accessible for any competing vendor/manufacturer. The topics could include the ominous role of UK Border Force for shipping dolls to the UK or to discuss the pending 'Creeper act' legislation. In this circle, vendors could ask other vendors about shipping experiences or complain about MRP violations of other vendors. However, opposed to a private dispute corner, such a forum must not disclose confidential information or things that could be abused by a competitor. E.g. if I would ask manufacturer A if he is aware that some materials he is using are hazardous, manufacturer B would get a knowledge he should not get. The manufacturer/vendor forum would be for issues which concern multiple vendors or manufacturers equally, and it could allow them to 'pull together at one string'.

When I prepared a while ago an overview for Vivian with issues of the current doll business, I got four pages of items. I just skimmed through this (still unsent) list, and most of them would not be suitable for the manufacturer/vendor forum. There are just too many things not ripe for the (limited) public, and most definitely not for the eyes of direct competitors. E.g. if I have an issue with a NDA a manufacturer wants me to sign, the manufacturer/vendor forum is most certainly not the right place to discuss this. A suitable topic would be if it is really necessary that every TPE manufacturer keeps inventing a proprietary neck connector or if at least some manufacturers could be convinced to design their neck connectors for interchangability but still improve the pesky M16 grub. Though, I'm not sure why such a topic couldn't be discussed in (broad) public.

So I think, the manufacturer/vendor forum is clearly a valuable addition with great potential, but imho neither a replacement for (public) suspension penalties with documented reasons as a last resort, nor for a (closed) 1:1 manufacturer/vendor dispute corner.

Sandro

INFORMATIONS