dollstudio.org

How much is Sino-doll's 172 cm H cup doll really worth?

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.

You may select 1 option

View results

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the price point for Sino-dolls 172 cm H cup doll.

In their price list, Sino-doll is asking for a MRP (Minimum retail price) of $2,950.

Also in their price list, the doll is specified with a weight of 36 kg. I think if she actually would meet this weight, she would be definitely worth this price.

But now we have found out that she is much heavier than advertised. Her real weight is 46.2 kg, so she is more than 20% heavier than specified.

My question for you is: How much would this doll with her real weight be worth for you, assuming that you would want to buy her? Everything included, from shipping over payment transaction costs to import fees/taxes/VAT?

I am attaching a poll with several choices, ranging from 'more than MRP' to the amount of shipping costs plus a tip. The poll will show up on top of this page (above this text).

Thanks!

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: How much is Sino-doll's 172 cm H cup doll really worth?

Post by Boobman »

I don't think i am into the idea of a foam core. I am no expert by any stretch with dolls let alone silicone. I however have some mechanical, fab, maintenance & repair in commercial & residential. From this i cannot think how a core of foam wrapped to the skeleton & used in other places as a filler to lighten the doll, how that can work when the doll has to be able to move. When you move say a leg the outer layer of silicone is moving at a different distance & final angle than the foam interior is so the outer layer skin is slipping over the interior foam core every time when the body is in anything but the default position when the doll was made. This will cause excess wear between them & further damage to the look, feel & position of the doll skin. A simpler way to say what i mean, take a rolled up rug now bend it in half. Look at the center of the roll that angle & the outer edge of the rolled rug angle & the bulge too.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Boobman wrote:I don't think i am into the idea of a foam core. […]
Not sure what exactly you are referring to, but foam cores are used in virtually every modern silicone doll for weight reduction. It can safe a lot of weight.

I don't think that implementing foam cores is a serious challenge for a doll maker. However, the thickness of the surrounding silicone layer is not trivial as it requires precision molds, and dolls with massive foam cores can feel more firm than those with thicker silicone layers. It's one of the challenges in silicone doll design to find the right balance that fits to the intended type of the doll. E.g. some Japanese silicone dolls are really lightweight, some 20-ish kg, but they are feel comparatively hard.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

The foam core is affixed to the frame i assume wrapped like tape on your bicycle handlebars for grip, so it does not move, now the silicone is molded over the skeleton and the foam. The silicone will slip over the foam it has to because the foam does not move its affixed to the frame the silicone even if glued to the core will tear away underneath when you bend the limbs or body. Wrap a band aid tight around the knuckle of a finger now force the knuckle to bend that constriction & skin pull you feel is like the reverse of whats happening inside the doll from the inside side of the skin to that foam. It will fail eventually just a matter of when & how bad it looks until full failure. Like a sock falling & bunching around your ankle because its no longer fitting properly.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Come on Sandro, we both know how this plays man, what does the market want to bare, what is the best bulk unit cost per supplier, and what is the regional BS duties.

man, the retail worth is going to be margin related, and that is going to roll with the import country. In AU, forget it, the doll comes in at over 4200 AUD, then another 500 AUD worth of fat sheriff taxes on import duties and hold fees on top this end, so just an example. :idea:

We both know the best deal per unit, but for 100 up front :whistle: Especially when factoring in the man manhandling expertise required to move a 110lbs silicon gal around (sorry Lily, as Anung ducks like NEO in the matrix), that does narrow the market for moving that 100 investment.

That is a dice roll man. :lol:

Especially when considering against the competition with SANHUI and DS and even the generic Z one range. But hey, I just advise and consult, i d not trade and vend, so I have minimal insight into vendor business models.

But Risk vs reward would be my thoughts here.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

I would pick up a brand new one at you location for 300 and the tested version for 200€.
Inc. shipping I would pay max 500 for a new one after seeing what you have seen and tested. :?
That's my honest answer. :)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

with currently 10 votes cast, the average valuation for a Sino-doll 172/H with 46,2 kg is now at $1,850 or ~€1.635.
That's about 20% more than half of Sino-doll's MRP.

So much about the theory that there is a demand for heavyweight dolls because of their "enhanced realism".

Sandro

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Dollstudio wrote: So much about the theory that there is a demand for heavyweight dolls because of their "enhanced realism".
One the whole, I do prefer a heavier (and softer) doll for that reason. However, there is a limit, which my 2006 Readoll body 8 doll exceeded and this doll approaches. (Whether my preference constitutes a demand is debatable, however.) In addition, this doll has many other attributes that detract from its value as I perceive it.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

with currently 10 votes cast, the average valuation for a Sino-doll 172/H with 46,2 kg is now at $1,850 or ~€1.635.
That's about 20% more than half of Sino-doll's MRP.

So much about the theory that there is a demand for heavyweight dolls because of their "enhanced realism".

Sandro
I think a lot of the votes come as a direct result of a certain thread....and not no demand.

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

Realism in things is only good to a certain point. Imagine a highly realistic sex doll that would refuse you sex, that would need to eat, pee and poop? Suddenly a much less realistic sex doll seems more appealing! :D

It's all good and fun in theory regarding realism but when shit comes to shove you realize how much you prefer convenience over 100% realism! ;)

What I am referring to here is the actual weight of a whooping 46 kgs! Now, is this doll TPE or silicone? Anyhow, around 1600-2000 € including shipping is my vote.

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

I did not vote. Cause I think there are just more layers to this.
It is a tricky thing and I can only argue about how I feel. Being on the taller side such a tall doll, especially if she is a beauty is something interesting to me and could seduce me.
After having my first experiences with my doll I came to the conclusion that I just do not really want to deal with a much heavier doll. So for me, the doll must be a real killer to make an exception. So generally speaking I do not think that weight itself would be such and important factor to count out that a 46kgs doll can demant this price. And I feel that sinodoll has the potential to make me consider. But it would really need and otherwise ripe and well crafted product. So no further issues. The skeleton would need to be sturdy but still good to adjust. In this case the too small feet make handling on top of the weight annoying. And the neck is really just a total buzzkill to me.
The specific doll in question. I am not willing to buy at all. An otherwise "optimal" product with this weight is a completely different story.

INFORMATIONS