dollstudio.org

Unboxing Sino-doll SI-172/H body style & S4 head

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Unboxing Sino-doll SI-172/H body style & S4 head

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

I made a couple of videos to better illustrate the textual descriptions from above.

1) Head connector:
S1080003-640.mov
(6.7 MiB) Downloaded 1931 times
Pics: First with head attached as firm as the conenctor allows; second one showing the gap of ~1cm between the neck and body part of the connector.
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h58m07s076.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h58m07s076.jpg (207.57 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h58m18s364.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h58m18s364.jpg (222.86 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
2+3) Both shoulders hang down, like with a pectoral girdle disorder. The shoulders hardly keep any position. It feels like a floppy joint.

2) Left shoulder:
S1080001-640.mov
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 1932 times
Pics: First picture shows 'reset position'; 2nd: arm can be lifted without any joint resistance; 3rd: let loose and arm falls down.
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h55m45s331.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h55m45s331.jpg (201.9 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h55m55s563.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h55m55s563.jpg (205.27 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h56m20s195.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h56m20s195.jpg (191.42 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
3) Right shoulder:
S1080002-640.mov
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 1933 times
Pics: Right shoulder exactly like left one; 2st picture shows lifting the arm from reset position without any joint resistance; 2nd: let loose and arm falls down; 3rd: movement can be easily repated - lifting up, falling down.
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h56m48s692.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h56m48s692.jpg (201.47 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h57m06s109.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h57m06s109.jpg (211.58 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h57m13s982.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-11-22-16h57m13s982.jpg (214.85 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
Sandro

Edit: I made some screenshots from the videos. They are encoded with container format 'Quicktime' and codec 'x264enc'. They play fine in vlc and mplayer.
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

I made a couple of videos to better illustrate the textual descriptions from above.

1) Head connector:
S1080003-640.mov
2) Left shoulder:
S1080001-640.mov
3) Right shoulder:
S1080002-640.mov
Sandro
I downloaded the videos, they all were blank black screens for their duration, if its a point your making they don't work just like the doll , i got it. :haha4:

CoenT
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CoenT »

Videos work fine for me, use VLC player! I have a JY doll where 1 shrugging shoulder acts like that, I broke it in my sleep I think. A big problem for posing :(.
That head connector really would piss me off, that doesn't look appealing at all, even while I love giraffes...
XYcolo 153/A Nao
Check out all my photshoots and other doll related media on https://twitter.com/love_dollz

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

With the 161 I haven't really had difficulties with the head to be particularly objectionable -
and the rotation can be assisted by putting a little piece of something, cardboard, paper or silicone to provide a friction spacer between neck and head. It's possibly not ideal but workable.

In my opinion it's safe weight-wise for vendors to offer the 161 in the knowledge that she's 35kgs including head, and safe for vendors to offer the basic skeleton model without the extra shoulder joints.

With the silicone that Sino-Doll are presenting

this doll, even as the 161 as is, will give pleasure to many.

No doubt Sino-Doll will be working through the teething problems with the new production as a matter of urgency, and in my opinion this line of dolls will be very popular and be a very profitable line for vendors to encourage.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

I added some screenshots from the videos in case someone can not view them. What I can see is that both shoulder joints appear to be adjusted completely floppy or not adjusted at all. I can not tell if there is an additional joint for shrugging. Maybe it is there, maybe not. I would have to cut her open to check.

Other than that, things are now starting to get a bit annoying. I tried to send the videos to Sino-doll yesterday before posting them, but the email bounced with an "501 Bad address syntax." error, so I need to post videos here to show them to Sino-doll. Anyway, these descriptions will be required to offer the doll for sale as I will not keep her.

David replied to the post above and offered to send a new head connector, which "will make the gap less and more tight". That really confuses me as both ends of the connector are fixed to the head respecitvely body. There are no movable or removable parts and a spare connector part seems not to make sense.

And as far as the vendor side is concerned, Sino-doll does not have Paypal, so we can not make small payments, only wire bank transfer with high banking fees. That eliminates the chance to order a separate head or spare inserts for reasonable costs. And obviously, in case of a non-delivery of delivery of a SNAD item or another kind of dispute, vendors would have quite bad prospects.

Last but not least, the misleading specs advertised on http://www.sino-doll.com/goods.php?id=67 and http://www.sino-doll.com/goods.php?id=169 are still not corrected. This is clearly not what I expect from a quality manufacturer.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Edit: I made some screenshots from the videos. They are encoded with container format 'Quicktime' and codec 'x264enc'. They play fine in vlc and mplayer. I have Quicktime too, in the past with other software convert PAL to NTSC with Nero, its Showtime player which i have never had a video it could not play till now.

alc123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by alc123 »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

I added some screenshots from the videos in case someone can not view them. What I can see is that both shoulder joints appear to be adjusted completely floppy or not adjusted at all. I can not tell if there is an additional joint for shrugging. Maybe it is there, maybe not. I would have to cut her open to check.

Last but not least, the misleading specs advertised on http://www.sino-doll.com/goods.php?id=67 and http://www.sino-doll.com/goods.php?id=169 are still not corrected. This is clearly not what I expect from a quality manufacturer.

Sandro
My impression from the video is that the loose joints are the shoulder shrugging joints, and that what I would call the shoulder joints are farther from neck and don't bend in the video because they are tightened.

If you have experience repairing silicone, it might be worth opening her up and tightening the joints, so that whoever buys her from you doesn't have to do that.

I agree that the inaccurate weight is a big issue. If I had ordered this doll I literally wouldn't be able to lift her out of the box.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

some interesting news. The head part of the neck connector can be removed with a wrench. It looks like so:
DSC06308.JPG
DSC06308.JPG (726.88 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
DSC06309.JPG
DSC06309.JPG (586.81 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
Approximate measurements:
DSC06310.JPG
DSC06310.JPG (723.44 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
DSC06311.JPG
DSC06311.JPG (665.71 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
So there is a M16 thread in the head. The connector should fit into other heads with removable M16 grub and other flexible head connectors. E.g., we can get DS heads onto the Sino-doll bodies - assuming that they don't change their connector. I'll check later how that looks.

With the appropriate tools, the connectors length could be possibly machined off from 34.8 mm by several millimeters to reduce gap between head and body (and this creepy giraffe neck).

So far no luck with forcing the body part of the connector out. If that part would get onto M16 as well, this would enable really interesting adapter options. And the hole connector could be binned completely and replaced by something more state of the art like Indigo's Magnetic M16 neck connector.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Oh this is interesting news indeed. Having three heads to photograph I have just the one connector shared between all three heads and it's easily unscrewed from the head, and is a bit more loose in the connection to the body than I'd really like, although it hasn't been a material problem for me. Were the hole to be deeper in the heads so that the connector could screw in further into the head, and with two more turns on the screw thread, the connexion would then be tight enough.

I hadn't realised that for you it was too stiff and causing the opposite problem for you.

This is really a last stage prototype doll rather like a dress rehearsal. I think that as a result of our examinations Sino-Doll have a snagging list of small things they need to do which are comparatively minor in the grand scheme of things and think that we'll see a line of dolls coming forward which are revolutionary in their challenge to the supremacy of TPE.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

it has become part of my daily routine to check the specs on http://www.sino-doll.com/goods.php?id=67 and http://www.sino-doll.com/goods.php?id=169.

Status as of today, Nov 23rd:
2018-11-23-161.jpg
2018-11-23-161.jpg (149 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
- still unchanged -
2018-11-23-172.jpg
2018-11-23-172.jpg (147.3 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
- still unchanged -

So Sino-doll keeps advertising misleading specifications.
I do not see any intention of fixing the mistakes.

For the 172 cm doll, not only the weight is off by more than 20%. Other key measurements like the foot length are off, too. It's rather 18 cm than 21 cm.

For EU based vendors, it is commercial suicide to 'work' with these SNAD specs.

A week after finding out about these 'mistakes' and telling Sino-doll about it, it is more than dissapointing that Sino-doll does not move a finger to fix the misleading specifications.

A doll matching these specs does not exist and obviously never existed.
In this sense the term 'protoype' is misleading as well as there simply is no prototype for a 172 cm 36 kg doll.

A week after about finding out that the weight reduction announcement from two months ago (posted Sep 5th, 2018) was a complete fabrication, this misleading data is still advertised.

I really don't know what to think about this.
If it would have been a mistake or a misunderstanding, the specs would have been fixed by now.
The only explanation that comes to mind is that all of this is intentional.
This would make an error a lie.

Against better knowledge keep advertising a 46.2 kg doll as 36 kg is not a minor 'cavalier offense'.
The weight deviation of about 10 kg equals the weight of a complete life-sized and truly lightweight doll like the EX-lite.
This is not negligible.

When my Sino-doll sales rep confirmed the weight of 36 kg before ordering in October, he might have been misled by his company's management. So far I am willing to believe the narrative. He does not weight the dolls he is selling, so confirming something non-existent might have been human error back then in October.
But if these dishonest specs keep being advertised worldwide, it is not a mistake anymore and there simply is no excuse for keep advertising for something that does not exist.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Whilst I'm not unsympathetic to an end user complaining that a doll's much heavier than advertised and particularly for me dolls above the 40kgs threshold, this review is by a vendor rather than an end user.

The manufacturer is in China and the specifications are Chinese. When end users buy from China direct, life on the other side of the world can be somewhat back to front. I referred to occidental understanding above.

The whole point of a Vendor selling a doll, and here a review by a vendor, is that the vendor knows what he's selling. In that matter, the points that are being made in this thread about matters of representation and EU law etc are considerably overblown: in the case of a vendor offering and selling a doll it's the vendor who makes the representation upon which a contractual relationship with a customer is made and regardless of the manufacturer's specification it's the specification marketed by the vendor that matters.

The vendor in this instance has ascertained that the weight specification is optimistic as quoted by the Chinese manufacturer. Those of us who deal with electrical equipment might know that Chinese Amps and Chinese Watts might not be the measure we're used to - and that's normal for those of us familiar with such things. Likewise here Chinese kgs are heavier than European ones and no doubt the force of gravity in China is different also.

Having ascertained that the doll is in fact a certain weight, all it takes is for the Vendor to advertise and market the correct weight. I mention this because there are people, with whose opinion I might not be able to relate, who look for and prefer the heavier doll. The disadvantage for arguably most is actually an advantage for others and for whom the realistic high weight doll has an attraction and a market.

The vendor having sourced such a doll can profit appropriately and properly from that.

Arguably here all that the vendor needed to have said would be "My examination of this doll demonstrates the importance of people buying through vendors such as myself with personal knowledge and understanding of the product. Buyers of dolls direct from Chinese manufacturers or from Vendors without experience or who have not done due diligence may get surprises they don't want, and unnecessary disappointment."

The Manufacturer's foible here really does demonstrate the worth of a good vendor, the higher prices charged by a vendor on account of the costs of that vendor doing due diligence. On that account it seems to me that this thread has lost the plot in negativity about the manufacturer rather than championing the added value in expertise and assurance available of buying a doll through a good vendor. The negative factor of one can often be turned to positive for another and this thread seems to have offered just such an opportunity and the reason for not harnessing that opportunity I am clearly too thick to have grasped.

With regard to looseness or tightness of joints I have ascertained from David that the nuts and bolts can be tightened to desired amounts by the end user and I will be doing this with my lady's ankles. This doll therefore presents a significant advantage over other brands of doll, particularly all the brands of TPE dolls to my knowledge which preclude adjustment with welded nuts and bolts unmovable.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@Harem: If you believe that water flows up the mountain, we do not have much common ground.

Allowing a certain 'favoured' manufacturer to dissolve hard facts like the doll's specification is harmful for honest manufacturers as it puts them under pressure to lie as well.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

No - I don't believe water flows uphill.

I have experience of dealing with Chinese companies in particular in the solar energy field and in particular advising customers in Africa. From that experience I have a pragmatic understanding of dealing with suppliers from China.

Yes the manufacturer has been wrong to deliver a doll expected to be within the weight range of liftability but which for most of us is beyond that limit.

But the point is that for some such dolls are an important market.

Were you to be a customer I would be with your cause 100% of the way but as a vendor you have now personal knowledge of this doll, her advantages, particularly of feel, and for some the realism of her high weight, as well as her disadvantages.

As a vendor now you are better qualified to market the doll accordingly and advise customers appropriately and to profit as a respectable vendor as a result.

Upon receipt of this doll, even the head which arrived beforehand, I was blown away by the extent to which Sino-Doll really have produced a silicone doll that's capable of providing a tactile experience equal and possibly exceeding that provided by TPE. As such this line of dolls is to be encouraged and in the 161 model will give no reason to disappoint anyone seeking such a silicone companion.

The DS 167EVO now comes close but at a significantly higher price.

As a vendor you now have the opportunity to offer that extraordinary quality of companionship in whatever form a doll provides at a significantly lower cost through the agency of Sino-Doll.

Chinese "facts" always need checking and the products obtainable from China come within that context. This is why people are willing to pay you a higher price margin for you to accomplish that task. Chinese products, however inaccurately described in China are often at a price at which excellent value for money is achieved provided one is conscious of the physical reality, and as a first rate vendor who knows the real facts, you're able to market the goods upon the physical criteria you've measured.

It's the job of a good vendor to source good products and to market them appropriately. For some the existing weight of the 172 is still a good product and you've found numerous other aspects that are good.

Your whingeing seems more directed to trashing the line of products of which you've received a prototype than it does ascertaining the measurements and marketing the product under the correctly found facts as a commercial vendor. Indeed your post viewtopic.php?p=1422287#p1422287 referring to checking their website daily reeks of something even more than an obsession.

I enthuse about good dolls which will give people pleasure and
I stake my reputation upon others being as enthusiastic about this lady as I am.

A little technicality that I've noticed is the knee joints. They're a double hinge enabling her to kneel. From one point of view these worry me as that's a double joint to loosen perhaps in due course. This is taken from the idea of Irontech/SM who started doing the same but achieved with a gear mechanism to do it. As this is patented Sino Doll have to go to the simpler solution. Whilst this might be a risk, the fact that David tells me that one can operate and tighten joints as required makes my concerns on this irrelevant.

There's both promise and innovation in these dolls and as a vendor you'll be able to profit well as a result of people's enthusiasm if properly marketed. But that means being patient with respect to the early prototypes and giving the manufacturer appropriate feedback and strong advice without seemingly setting out to ruin their business.

There is a lot of difference, and none, between viewing a glass half full and viewing a glass half empty. But in the case of SinoDoll on account of the extraordinary properties of the silicone they are using the glass is significantly more than half full, and needing not much topping up to achieve being exceptional.

My 161 has achieved the status of "treasured doll". That means that whilst people might see a JY or an SY or other doll available from me from time to time, and I've given a couple away, the SinoDoll lady will not be parting from me other than as a result of any overriding influence of my wife.

Best wishes

Harem

PS It's appropriate to mention that whereas you're point the finger at the advertised weight of the 161 as 31kgs, less the head at 2kgs, she is actually 33kgs, and such a difference is commonly observed across the board and in a weight band where such a difference is irrelevant.

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Dollstudio wrote:1) Head connector:
S1080003-640.mov
Pics: First with head attached as firm as the conenctor allows; second one showing the gap of ~1cm between the neck and body part of the connector.

Sandro, in addition to the neck gap and length issue, it looks like there is an issue with the angle of the head (which would apply to both the 161 and 172).

I've raised questions/concern about the head/neck angle many (1, 2, 3, 4) times since September, and your video seems to answers it:
Aeron wrote:Is it just me or does the head look like it's leaning forward too much? Almost like the neck joint in the head is not centered correctly.

First thought the head was too forward in this image
This second image is what made me think the head wasn't centered on the neck correctly. Pretend the hair isn't there and imagine where the neck should be and it looks really odd.
Since the head mounts on the neck while looking upward, getting the head to look straight forward would require bending the neck forward. This may explain why the head seems to jut forward in some of those marketing shots.

Do you find this to be the case when you manipulate it physically?

haremlover wrote:Whilst I'm not unsympathetic to an end user complaining that a doll's much heavier than advertised and particularly for me dolls above the 40kgs threshold, this review is by a vendor rather than an end user.

The manufacturer is in China and the specifications are Chinese. When end users buy from China direct, life on the other side of the world can be somewhat back to front. I referred to occidental understanding above.

The whole point of a Vendor selling a doll, and here a review by a vendor, is that the vendor knows what he's selling. In that matter, the points that are being made in this thread about matters of representation and EU law etc are considerably overblown: in the case of a vendor offering and selling a doll it's the vendor who makes the representation upon which a contractual relationship with a customer is made and regardless of the manufacturer's specification it's the specification marketed by the vendor that matters.
And what about someone buying direct from Sinodoll? They will get screwed on the specs. Fact is the specs on their website are false.

I get you're really enthused about your 161, but I don't think that's reason to give Sinodoll a free pass on all the valid problems Sandro has pointed out. As a quality manufacturer, there is hope they will address these problems, but at the moment they remain problems that potential customers should be aware of.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The point is that in respect of the 161 the beefing relating to the 172 is exaggerated.

The 161 is in my opinion an amazing sexdoll.

Sandro might possibly comment how any other silicone doll compares to the silicone of this doll.

In that context some aesthetic aspects of the doll and to which I haven't taken objection are rather less important.

I don't have an issue with her neck

It's long enough for her to look at me

Yes - if you want better please buy a DS167 EVO. But the DS167 EVO is not as well sculpted for rear sex. For that buy a JM156. There's Sanhui too but one or two vendors have had a tiff with them too. SinoDoll 161 for all her faults remains a good candidate for attention. Many will find the same enthusiasm for her as me.

If the neck leans forward that's my negligence in not having posed her properly.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

INFORMATIONS