dollstudio.org

Unboxing Sino-doll SI-172/H body style & S4 head

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Unboxing Sino-doll SI-172/H body style & S4 head

Post by Everhard »

Aeron wrote:....if a silicon doll is leaking oil, doesn't that mean it's porous? If it was truly non-porous, there would be nowhere for the oil to leak out from.
I am no expert, but porous usually implies physical holes (like sponge) large enough for air or water -- or oil -- to leak through. However, I believe silicone rubber oil 'leakage' is the silicone itself exuding oil from its own molecular structure. (As I said, I am no expert!) My first Realdoll, made in 2000, left oil marks after she sat on my wooden floor boards for an hour, but she is certainly not porous in any conventional sense. Her silicone is waterproof, as is the silicone of all my dolls. I am confident that the silicone rubber used by Sinodoll is the same in that respect.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Thanks, Everhard!

Yes, the term 'porous' can be confusing as dolls do not sweat through pores. The oily substances which leave stains on sheets or cardboard are embedded in the material's molecular structure and there are no 'glands' which emit the 'oil'. If the material is considered porous or if the skin surface has a texture does not have any effect on what is called 'oil leakage'.

A very interesting question for an analytical chemist would be what this 'oil' really is. For example, to blend Somooth-on's silicones for more softness, we use a stuff called 'Slacker silicone tactile mutator' which - according to the product description "will not exude silicone oil" (source). And to make TPE softer, among mineral oil, also softeners aka dispersants are supposed to being used.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

lies are like snake poison. They keep spreading if not stopped.

Probably because Sino-doll has not yet informed their vendors about the rectified specs, everybody keeps using them.

Nobody takes own measurements!

This is from a TDF-accredited vendor who was just nominated for 'Best TDF vendor 2018':
20181126-tdfvendor.jpg
20181126-tdfvendor.jpg (74.74 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
Advertising something as "15% lighter" what actually is more than 20% heavier, that's just great.

This vendor is located somewhere in Asia. Yeah, water flows upstream over there.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

I made another crossover experiment.

This is a Z-Onedoll head in one of the tan-ish skin colors from last year:
DSC06315.JPG
DSC06315.JPG (381.89 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
Looks nice, right?

Z-Onedoll heads have a standard M16 thread. You just have to remove the grub and replace it with the connector from the Sino-doll head - ready. No adapter required.

The bent neck looks still odd:
DSC06317.JPG
DSC06317.JPG (513.44 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
So there really is something in the skeleton which needs to be fixed.

But now it gets interesting:
DSC06318.JPG
DSC06318.JPG (459.47 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
This Z-Onedoll head fits perfectly to the Sino-doll neck! No gap!
DSC06319.JPG
DSC06319.JPG (403.46 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
Also, skin tones match to a degree which is almost invisible!
DSC06322.JPG
DSC06322.JPG (526.77 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
She looks cute with a wig!

So the Z-Onedoll heads are simpler in details like mouth, teeth and facial makeup, but at least this Z-Onedoll head specimen fits better to this Sino-doll body specimen.

So I'd dare say that the possible head choices for Sino-doll bodies just increased by 24 Z-Onedoll heads. Those are still available from Z-Onedoll: A10, A16, A20, A21, A26, A28, A29, A32, A33, A35, A35b, A39, A41, A43, A44, A45, A46, A48, A50, A51, A52, A53, A54, A55.

Sandro

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Interesting stuff Sandro. Will also agree regardless of angle, picture or anything else...that neck just looks wrong.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

a couple of updates.

1) This doll is now listed in TDF's For Sale section: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=108908

The initial price of €2.586 plus shipping is is calculated based on the manufacturer's MRP minus 20%. Coincidentally this also is pretty exactly at cost level. For a 36 kg silicone doll this would be a serious bargain.

2) in a poll I asked "How much is Sino-doll's 172 cm H cup doll really worth?", considering the real weight of 46,2 kg.

So far, the average price determined by the community is $1,667 respectively €1.466.

Please feel free to add your vote to the poll. The poll is still open.

Because of the current community valuation, I switched the For Sale ad to auction mode.
Starting bid is €500.
The auction will run until Dec 6th.

3) Regarding a follow-up review respectively a manufacturer's offer for compensation, Sino-doll is still responsive, but we are currently at a dead lock.

Obviously, my preferred resolution would be to 'just' get the doll I have ordered. This is not possible because such a doll simply does not exist.

The 2nd best resolution would be what Boobman suggested, a return shipment. According to Sino-doll, this is not possible.

The 3rd suggestion would be a partial refund. According to Sino-doll, this is not possible, either.

The resolution suggestions offered by Sino-doll are: Discounts on future purchases; this was suggested before with previous orders but never happened, if I remember correctly; some kind of voucher for a significantly smaller upcoming doll which is supposed to be 'really' lightweight; though, for this doll neither pictures nor specs exist yet, and as far as I can tell, not even proportionally fitting heads are available yet; or waiting for a new mold of the 172/H to be created, but combined with complete uncertainty if dolls from this mold will meet the weight specs of the doll I have purchased. Maybe Sino-doll will succeed in weight reduction, maybe the doll will have the same weight or maybe she will be even heavier. There is no way to tell, until an actual doll is poured sometime next year.

Honestly, nothing of this makes me really happy as I am a bit sceptical about promises to keep another promise. So time will tell, but one thing seems to be certain: There will not be a quick resolution.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

there were a couple of requests for pictures from behind.

Here are a couple of quick shots:

'Doggystyle' position:
DSC06348.JPG
DSC06348.JPG (591.82 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
DSC06349.JPG
DSC06349.JPG (453.9 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
Laying flat on her stomach:
DSC06350.JPG
DSC06350.JPG (461.61 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
Legs spread:
DSC06351.JPG
DSC06351.JPG (513.05 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
Laying sideways:
DSC06352.JPG
DSC06352.JPG (523.81 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
Exactly this doll is available for purchase, currently in auction mode. Two days left, highest bid so far is €550: https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=108908

Also there is a ongoing poll about the value of this overweight doll over here: viewtopic.php?f=227&t=108998

Currently there have been 14 votes cast and the average end price tutti completto is now at $1750 or €1.543. This is quite close to half of Sino-dolls MRP.

Based on my experience with realistic prices, something around €1.500 is within the range what people are actually willing to pay for this kind of doll. €550 (= €462 net) is totally off; just the (real) freight costs from China to Europe are ~$450. So at the moment you can basically get VAT and import fees and the doll for free.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Those seam lines aren't SD's finest production and I'm glad to hear they're committed to improvement.

However, given the choice between 46kgs and 54kgs viewtopic.php?p=1400780#p1400780 I'd go for the 46kgs any day.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Xp1967
Ex-Member

Post by Xp1967 »

that neck looks horrible :glou:

INFORMATIONS