dollstudio.org

WM 108/L and WM 100 head compatibility?

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
ChallengerRT

WM 108/L and WM 100 head compatibility?

Post by ChallengerRT »

Hey Sandro,

Don't know if anyone else thought of this, but, I noticed WM has a "Thick" bodied 108/L (cm) Big Boobed Doll with a great looking #263 head.

Does this head proportionally fit the slightly shorter, yet much lighter WM 100cm? (for those preferring a 26lb. doll instead of a 40+ lb. doll)

If it does, it'd be great if there were a pic or two to see what the match looks like.

Thanks!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: WM 108/L and WM 100 head compatibility?

Post by Mr Franz »

There was a thread along these lines not long ago regarding head comparability with the 108. The consensus was that the 100cm-125cm series heads would physically fit the 108 body. So I'd imagine the reverse is also true.

viewtopic.php?f=385&t=106343&hilit=wm+108

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

regarding head to body proportions, I'd be really carefull to use heads for a 125 cm doll on a 108 cm doll. These heads for 125 cm are not really miniature sizes. I'd rather put these heads on a 135/138/140 cm body than on a smaller one.

Another remark might be important; the smaller Jinsan dolls do not use the regular M16 thread. The original Poey (80 cm) has a smaller thread, not sure about WM's 85 cm Poey copy; if memory serves right, from 100 cm up they use M16. However, smaller threads with grubs would be adaptable, just not fit out of the box.

Also worth a look might be the 2nd hand market. Hitdoll and some other Jinsan-compatible manufacturer used to have heads for 105-111 cm dolls, too.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

The WM125 is a smaller series doll using the same size heads as their 100cm and 118cm dolls as well as their stretched version the 150cm (slim). Same M16 connector. The larger heads look rather big on these dolls. I ordered my WM125 with the #77 head listed for the 118cm. Fits and looks great.
On the new WM108 though, the smaller series heads look a bit too small. (Shown Here) So perhaps heads designed for that doll may seem large on the WM100. That's what the OP was trying to figure out. Whether heads for the 108cm were compatible with WM's 100cm doll.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Mr Franz wrote:[…] I ordered my WM125 with the #77 head listed for the 118cm. Fits and looks great. […] Whether heads for the 108cm were compatible with WM's 100cm doll.
What I was trying to say is that I, to find more head options, would always look one size category smaller rather than one size category taller. Exactly what you did - head for a smaller (118 cm) doll on taller body (125 cm). This is most certainly a matter of personal taste, but I like it better this way around.

In case of WM's 100 cm doll, the next smaller model would be the 85 cm Poey clone. This one:
wm85-0548.jpg
wm85-0548.jpg (66.81 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Personally I do not like the head to body proportions of this doll. In this case, the heads specified for the 85 cm body are already too small.

For comparison, that's the original Poey (80 cm):
rf-poey-7756.jpg
rf-poey-7756.jpg (241.85 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
unboxing-real-fantasy-poey-deluxe-edition-dollstudio-4258.jpg
unboxing-real-fantasy-poey-deluxe-edition-dollstudio-4258.jpg (703.06 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
She was (imho) perfect. However, the original Poey head is much too small for WM's 100 cm (I have tried that; also it has a smaller connector).

Since there are not many heads in the range between 85 cm and 100 cm, going one size down does not work in this case.

Going one size up from 100 cm to 108 cm would be the last resort. I don't have photos for that combo, but I don't think that the heads for the WM-108/L will look really good on the WM-100 body as the 108 is pretty massive.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

ChallengerRT

Post by ChallengerRT »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

regarding head to body proportions, I'd be really carefull to use heads for a 125 cm doll on a 108 cm doll. These heads for 125 cm are not really miniature sizes. I'd rather put these heads on a 135/138/140 cm body than on a smaller one.

Another remark might be important; the smaller Jinsan dolls do not use the regular M16 thread. The original Poey (80 cm) has a smaller thread, not sure about WM's 85 cm Poey copy; if memory serves right, from 100 cm up they use M16. However, smaller threads with grubs would be adaptable, just not fit out of the box.

Also worth a look might be the 2nd hand market. Hitdoll and some other Jinsan-compatible manufacturer used to have heads for 105-111 cm dolls, too.

Sandro
regarding head to body proportions, I'd be really carefull to use heads for a 125 cm doll on a 108 cm doll.

Hi Sandro,

Actually, the original post topic was wondering if the WM 108/L (cm Doll) #263 head would fit the 100cm doll, which isn't as drastic as say a 125cm head on a 100cm.

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Hi. I am now in the position to answer this question.
Can the WM263 head that is normally on the WM 108cm L-Cup doll fit the smaller WM100 doll.
The answer is yes.

Daria is a WM100 model that is commonly known as a Riley or Jayden.
She was build in 2015 and originally had the WM101 Lovely Face.
I have now swapped that to a WM263 head.

The head has the standard M16 connector so will fit on Daria's body.
The head is also nicely proportional to her 100cm body even though it's for a 108cm "thick" doll.
It surprising, but the new head is actually a tiny bit smaller than Daria's original 2015 head. About a 2cm smaller wig size

Also be aware that this is not an oral head. I'm not sure if that's an option, but I am ok with her without it.

So, lets see the pictures.

I will be posting more pictures soon to Introducing Daria 2.0

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

INFORMATIONS