dollstudio.org

Unboxing Doll Sweet DS-167 Evo

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
NeedWaifu

Re: Unboxing Doll Sweet DS-167 Evo

Post by NeedWaifu »

Incredible review - thanks for sharing!

Dont know how it looked in real but from photos those earrings and necklace/or its a combo.. looks very very well on her! The hair looks amazing as well!
Wanted doll features - Pussy to mouth 80cm lenght - High quality eyes - Magnetic faces

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

let's take a closer look at some details - the textured skin feature.

I am using a microscope with 200x magnification.

For reference: In this scale, a lint (left) and a mote (right) looks like so:
2018-08-25-20-33-49.jpg
2018-08-25-20-33-49.jpg (680.9 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
(Please note: These particles are not in the doll skin. It's from the environment. And yes, the new Evo silicone is still a dust magnet, as you can see)

So we are here in a magification scale where things just yet visible to the bare eye, assuming you have really good eye sight, become gigantic. Please keep that in mind when viewing these pictures.

The next pictures show different areas across the DS-167 Evo body in cream skin color. The pictures are completely unretouched and without any photo editing.
2018-08-25-20-24-32.jpg
2018-08-25-20-24-32.jpg (596.76 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
2018-08-25-20-25-58.jpg
2018-08-25-20-25-58.jpg (731.16 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
This is a magnified seam line:
2018-08-25-20-25-43.jpg
2018-08-25-20-25-43.jpg (612.63 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
Vulva area:
2018-08-25-20-26-34.jpg
2018-08-25-20-26-34.jpg (565.95 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
Now the head with S-class makeup:
2018-08-25-20-27-07.jpg
2018-08-25-20-27-07.jpg (712.05 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
2018-08-25-20-27-41.jpg
2018-08-25-20-27-41.jpg (719.73 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
Brushed eye brows:
2018-08-25-20-27-12.jpg
2018-08-25-20-27-12.jpg (696.9 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
(continued in next post)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Now, for comparison, some pictures of older DS heads and bodies.

Regular head with standard makeup, birth date in 2017:
2018-08-25-20-28-53.jpg
2018-08-25-20-28-53.jpg (549.17 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Brushed eye brows (the white segments in the middle are reflections from the LED lights of the microscope):
2018-08-25-20-28-43.jpg
2018-08-25-20-28-43.jpg (586.42 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Regular DS body style in LPink skin color, birth date in 2017:
2018-08-25-20-29-23.jpg
2018-08-25-20-29-23.jpg (558.1 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
2018-08-25-20-29-31.jpg
2018-08-25-20-29-31.jpg (513.06 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Regular DS body style in brown skin color, birth date in 2016:
2018-08-25-20-30-50.jpg
2018-08-25-20-30-50.jpg (614.03 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
2018-08-25-20-31-31.jpg
2018-08-25-20-31-31.jpg (668.82 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Here we get some reflections again:
2018-08-25-20-31-50.jpg
2018-08-25-20-31-50.jpg (657 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Obviously these pictures are not entirely self explanatory. However, what I believe to see as a layperson in regard to microscopy is actually a different skin surface. Again, it is extremely subtle, much more subtle than on Sanhui's SH-165 mk.2 from several months ago where the skin texture was clearly visible with the bare eye.

Compared to the Evo skin surface with texture, the regular DS bodies have a smoother surface. Some kind of surface structure seems to be there as well, but it is not a similar texture.

Also, I believe that these microscopic images explain why the DS-167 Evo reflects lightning differently. The surface coating seems to be different, resulting in a less shiny appearance of the body in photos with artificial lighting. Though, theoretically the different appearance could as well result from a different silicone blend.

And possibly this subtle skin surface texture could explain why the DS-167 Evo feels differently - much better - than the regular DS body styles.

I am quite curious what other Evo owners think…

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

one correction about the scope of supply: I am pretty sure the Evo sheers off from Doll Sweet's tradition not to ship any clothing with their silicone dolls. I did not notice this before because I ordered a bunch of additional items from exdoll.com. I have unpacked most of the stuff now, and there is a surplus. I just can't figure out what belongs to which set because there is plenty of stuff but no packing list… :roll:

Anyway, what is worth mentioning is the quality of the EX Doll accessoires. It's not the super cheap factory gifts you get with a TPE doll. The outfits are regular women's clothing with good materials, though mostly without size labels.

One of the nice surplus items is this one:
ds-167-evo-outfit-stand-5734-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-outfit-stand-5734-dsdolleurope.jpg (372.49 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
ds-167-evo-outfit-stand-5733-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-outfit-stand-5733-dsdolleurope.jpg (375.41 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
ds-167-evo-outfit-stand-5738-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-outfit-stand-5738-dsdolleurope.jpg (506.66 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
It's some kind of nurse overall made of a strong fabric and even with a zipper. Sits skin tight on the DS-167 Evo (and might fit better on a DS-163 with a smaller chest and butt).

Also got the stewardess outfit (商品编号:EX-51260023) which comes with a mini skirt, blouse, jacket, scarf, hat and even high-heeled shoes. This is a really nice outfit, custom made and with EX labels inside and Aeroflot logo outside. When ordering it, you need to state the doll body, so I ordered it for the 167 Evo. What I got fits my 163 like a glove, but is way too small for the 167 Evo.

Anyway, getting proper clothing for the DS-163 is even better - and the shoes are almost too small for the 163, where would you get something like this outside of Asia :lol:

Now continuing the search for DS-167 Evo outfits…

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

let's try some clothes…
ds-167-evo-yolanda-avidlove-5793-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-yolanda-avidlove-5793-dsdolleurope.jpg (513.99 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
ds-167-evo-yolanda-avidlove-5797-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-yolanda-avidlove-5797-dsdolleurope.jpg (552.6 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
Configuration above is DS-167 Evo in cream skin tone, Yolanda head with S-class makeup and custom wig (brand 'Falamka', type 3T9035).

The purple lingerie is from a Chinese brand called 'Avidlove', size S, color B (purple). Size S (the smallest size available) is for under bust 67 cm and panty waist 71 cm. Fits OK, but both the top as the panties could be a little bit tighter.

Anyway, she looks nice in this outfit ;-)

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

a little but important update about the textured skin. I tried to get it onto a picture:
ds-167-evo-skin-texture-5839-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-skin-texture-5839-dsdolleurope.jpg (595.89 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
So yes, it's there, all over the body. Without consciously noticing it, you will haptically feel it right away. And with a little effort you can even visualize it.

Skin textures are something highly delicate. If it is made less skilfully, the skin surface will appear rough or bumpy. In bad cases think acne or eczema.

What Doll Sweet accomplished with the Evo models is the exact opposite. It looks and feels like smooth skin, but not like a piece of plastic.

In it's utter subtlety it is the best textured skin I have ever encountered. Doll Sweet is not challenging the high end segment, they are already there. This skin texture is high end.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

after about two weeks it is time for a conclusion.

I ordered this doll to get a first hand experience about the new Evo features, and to figure out what all the fuzz about the S-class makeup is. The idea for this kind of (fully payed) samples is normally to take a closer look what's behind the advertising, make an unboxing review and take a couple of pictures, then offer the doll for for sale from stock with some discount.

Things turned out a bit different in this case. I will not let this doll go. Simply because it's the best doll I have ever had in my hands.

(Almost) everything about the DS-167 Evo is just right, from the exquisit sculpt over the excellent skeleton to haptics. Manufacturing quality is through the roof, and there are no flaws ex factory, just self-inflicted scratches I am responsible for. The DS-167 Evo directly competes with high-end models which easy cost twice as much or more. This - the steep price tag and the more delicate skin surface which requires (much) more careful handling - are among the few weak spots.

There are only three disadvantages I came across, and their weighting highly depends on what you expect from a doll. They might or might not be a disadvantage for you.

1) The first one is that head and body are made of different silicones, resulting in a different haptic. The firmer head might be considered a disadvantage if you expect your doll to have soft kissable lips. S-class makeup comes with a firmer silicone blend, feels more like a 'real' head with a skull, but the lips are not soft. I think for oral heads like Penny the S-class makeup is a no-go. However, for my use case it has only advantages. For touching it feels better, and for photography it is less shiny and just looks better.

2) The built-in vagina is detailed and beautiful to look at. It is an aesthetic pleasure with a high degree of realism. Though the lady parts are approximately sized like the R type insert for the regular DS-167 which is much tighter than what I would enjoy. So this doll will remain a virgin.

3) The lack of standing capability is the only issue which is really bugging me. For my use case that being bed-ridden is the only real disadvantage of this doll. When I reviewed the Sanhui SH-165 mk.2 with textured skin a couple of years ago, my verdict was that textured skin is such a huge advantage that I would not buy another doll for myself without textured skin. The Evo has textured skin, and I am raising the bar for my next doll to be purchased: She will need to be able to stand on her own feet.

Last but not least another shot for the clothing section:
ds-167-evo-thera-varsababy-5822-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-thera-varsababy-5822-dsdolleurope.jpg (529.11 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
This lingerie is from a Chinese brand called Varsababy, color (dark) blue, cup size 75C (type V014LF-34C-blue). Fits nicely.

So Thera, welcome to the family ;-)
ds-167-evo-thera-varsababy-5813-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-thera-varsababy-5813-dsdolleurope.jpg (755.98 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
Sandro

DollOgler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollOgler »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

after about two weeks it is time for a conclusion.

I ordered this doll to get a first hand experience about the new Evo features, and to figure out what all the fuzz about the S-class makeup is. The idea for this kind of (fully payed) samples is normally to take a closer look what's behind the advertising, make an unboxing review and take a couple of pictures, then offer the doll for for sale from stock with some discount.

Things turned out a bit different in this case. I will not let this doll go. Simply because it's the best doll I have ever had in my hands.

(Almost) everything about the DS-167 Evo is just right, from the exquisit sculpt over the excellent skeleton to haptics. Manufacturing quality is through the roof, and there are no flaws ex factory, just self-inflicted scratches I am responsible for. The DS-167 Evo directly competes with high-end models which easy cost twice as much or more. This - the steep price tag and the more delicate skin surface which requires (much) more careful handling - are among the few weak spots.

There are only three disadvantages I came across, and their weighting highly depends on what you expect from a doll. They might or might not be a disadvantage for you.

1) The first one is that head and body are made of different silicones, resulting in a different haptic. The firmer head might be considered a disadvantage if you expect your doll to have soft kissable lips. S-class makeup comes with a firmer silicone blend, feels more like a 'real' head with a skull, but the lips are not soft. I think for oral heads like Penny the S-class makeup is a no-go. However, for my use case it has only advantages. For touching it feels better, and for photography it is less shiny and just looks better.

2) The built-in vagina is detailed and beautiful to look at. It is an aesthetic pleasure with a high degree of realism. Though the lady parts are approximately sized like the R type insert for the regular DS-167 which is much tighter than what I would enjoy. So this doll will remain a virgin.

3) The lack of standing capability is the only issue which is really bugging me. For my use case that being bed-ridden is the only real disadvantage of this doll. When I reviewed the Sanhui SH-165 mk.2 with textured skin a couple of years ago, my verdict was that textured skin is such a huge advantage that I would not buy another doll for myself without textured skin. The Evo has textured skin, and I am raising the bar for my next doll to be purchased: She will need to be able to stand on her own feet.

Last but not least another shot for the clothing section:
ds-167-evo-thera-varsababy-5822-dsdolleurope.jpg
This lingerie is from a Chinese brand called Varsababy, color (dark) blue, cup size 75C (type V014LF-34C-blue). Fits nicely.

So Thera, welcome to the family ;-)
ds-167-evo-thera-varsababy-5813-dsdolleurope.jpg
Sandro
I agree that having such delicate silicone can be a disadvantage which is why I asked before in a different thread if DS would be willing to manufacture an entire body with the harder silicone blend. I would absolutely be even more interested if that were the case.

NeedWaifu

Post by NeedWaifu »

Its best looking earrings.. where can I buy them???
Wanted doll features - Pussy to mouth 80cm lenght - High quality eyes - Magnetic faces

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

NeedWaifu wrote:Its best looking earrings.. where can I buy them???
China. Various suppliers carry them.

So far, I cound find three pieces in this design:
accessoires.jpg
accessoires.jpg (105.83 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

more tinnef from China arrived, a bracelet with a rose and a brass ring.

The DS-167 Evo hands are strong enough to wear this kind of jewellry.
ds-167-evo-hand-5902-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-hand-5902-dsdolleurope.jpg (403.69 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
ds-167-evo-hand-5897-dsdolleurope.jpg
ds-167-evo-hand-5897-dsdolleurope.jpg (474.08 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
Though, does she qualify as hand model? 8O

Sandro

https://twitter.com/dsdolleurope/status ... 1778663424

PS: I think the ring goes onto the middle finger…

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Dollstudio wrote:First thing worth mentioning is that she is shorter than advertised, similar like the regular DS-167. The specified body height without head is 150 cm; I'm getting something about 144 cm from heels to top of the neck, with some goodwill maybe 146 cm. A part of the neck goes into the head, so you can not simply add the specified head length of ~22 cm.
How much shorted is the height with head attached?

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Aeron wrote:How much shorted is the height with head attached?
That depends a bit on the head you are using. With the biggest head I have at hand and some goodwill when measuring, she is 165 cm. There are probably longer heads and the smaller heads from the 145 line, so I guess the range is about 164-166 cm.

Sandro

TripleB
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TripleB »

Thank you for this. Please do a review of the EVO 145 Plus.
JM 75cm Angel C

INFORMATIONS