dollstudio.org

This Doll Sweet DS-Mini ›Eve‹ in white travels to Germany

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

This Doll Sweet DS-Mini ›Eve‹ in white travels to Germany

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

this Doll Sweet DS-Mini ›Eve‹ in white skin color travels to Germany:
2018-06-14-14.jpg
2018-06-14-14.jpg (145.35 KiB) Viewed 730 times
2018-06-14-15.jpg
2018-06-14-15.jpg (151.91 KiB) Viewed 730 times
2018-06-14-16.jpg
2018-06-14-16.jpg (146.27 KiB) Viewed 730 times
2018-06-14-17.jpg
2018-06-14-17.jpg (143.21 KiB) Viewed 730 times
2018-06-14-18.jpg
2018-06-14-18.jpg (152.65 KiB) Viewed 730 times
2018-06-14-19.jpg
2018-06-14-19.jpg (152.03 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Configuration as depicted on the factory photos above: white skin color, brown eyes, brown wig.

Get your own Eve from DS Doll Europe:
Sandro

https://twitter.com/dsdolleurope/status ... 1813440512
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: This Doll Sweet DS-Mini ›Eve‹ in white travels to German

Post by Robert Lloyd »

The DS Mini is a beautiful doll. I've written multiple times that I feel new doll owners should strongly consider a smaller, starter doll like this one as their first doll. I love the seamless neck too.

I have two questions/comments.
First, why can't I find this doll available to USA customers? Is it only available in Europe and Asia?
Second, doesn't this doll have a plastic skeleton? There's nothing wrong with having a plastic skeleton. I think more doll manufacturers should offer plastic skeletons to create a "starter doll" line. the plastic would help lower the price.

My concern with the DS Mini is it seems like it's priced like it has a metal skeleton even though it's plastic. It seems to me doll buyers should get a better price on this doll.

I'm not trying to be negative. I think the DS Mini is a great doll. I'm just being honest.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Robert Lloyd wrote:First, why can't I find this doll available to USA customers? Is it only available in Europe and Asia?
The DS Mini is available through authorized resellers in selected areas. Doll Sweet had too many losses with shipments to North American destinations, so you won't get her in North America through any authorized channels.

As far as Europe is concerned, you need to find a reseller willing to carry this doll - meaning, the reseller needs to carry the full risk for a possible shipping loss, not the shipper. Some resellers will take this risk, others will not. I find Eva & Eve to be most beautiful fairy companions, so I bear the risk as long it's somehow calculable.

Regarding the POM skeleton I don't know how Doll Sweet calculates their prices. From own experience I can only say that high quality plastics can be way more expensive than cheap metal. Most other miniature dolls have metal skeletons; they are easier to build, but they are also heavier. I can only guess why DS decided to use POM. One of the reasons might have been to save a little weight, another reason might have been this:
exs-p2-01.jpg
exs-p2-01.jpg (116.99 KiB) Viewed 691 times
exs-p2-02.jpg
exs-p2-02.jpg (117.21 KiB) Viewed 691 times
exs-p2-03.jpg
exs-p2-03.jpg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 691 times
So if I'm right, the DS-Mini is one of the direct ancestors of these upcoming synths.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

That is interesting. If the plastic is really high quality that would change my perspective.

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

Robert Lloyd wrote:The DS Mini is a beautiful doll. I've written multiple times that I feel new doll owners should strongly consider a smaller, starter doll like this one as their first doll. I love the seamless neck too.

I have two questions/comments.
First, why can't I find this doll available to USA customers? Is it only available in Europe and Asia?
Second, doesn't this doll have a plastic skeleton? There's nothing wrong with having a plastic skeleton. I think more doll manufacturers should offer plastic skeletons to create a "starter doll" line. the plastic would help lower the price.

My concern with the DS Mini is it seems like it's priced like it has a metal skeleton even though it's plastic. It seems to me doll buyers should get a better price on this doll.

I'm not trying to be negative. I think the DS Mini is a great doll. I'm just being honest.
I bought my gen2 right when they came out. The price of the doll was great. The shipping was ridiculous. Not sure why DS charges so much for shipping.

INFORMATIONS