www.textiledoll.com

Emma

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
svevo

Emma

Post by svevo »

I thought I'd post some more pictures of Emma as this forum seems to be pretty quiet these days.
Hopefully there is still interest in Textile dolls.
She has been with me 3 and a half years now and is more lovely every day.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Emma

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote:I thought I'd post some more pictures of Emma as this forum seems to be pretty quiet these days.
Hopefully there is still interest in Textile dolls.
She has been with me 3 and a half years now and is more lovely every day.

Very impressive. So you have her for that time and no joint issues? She stands very well. Very nice!

svevo

Post by svevo »

Diaval wrote: So you have her for that time and no joint issues? She stands very well. Very nice!
Thanks Diaval. I had one problem when she was first delivered, which Yuri repaired, (back in 2015). I believe that was caused by mishandling of the package in transit as there was damage to the box in the area where the problem occurred (lower left arm).
Since then the joints still function much the same as when she was new and I'm not aware of anything having broken. I've never heard or felt anything give way.
I would say that the shoulder and elbow joints are a bit looser (less able to hold a position) than they were at the beginning, but that is all. It's a long time ago so its hard to remember exactly how she felt back then :? I've also noticed some of the transitions between different types of internal padding are a bit more obvious than they once were. I'm guessing some of her internal foam has deteriorated and lost a bit of springiness.
I do also have 2 other dolls now, so Emma is not subject to too much wear and tear these days.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote:
Diaval wrote: So you have her for that time and no joint issues? She stands very well. Very nice!
Thanks Diaval. I had one problem when she was first delivered, which Yuri repaired, (back in 2015). I believe that was caused by mishandling of the package in transit as there was damage to the box in the area where the problem occurred (lower left arm).
Since then the joints still function much the same as when she was new and I'm not aware of anything having broken. I've never heard or felt anything give way.
I would say that the shoulder and elbow joints are a bit looser (less able to hold a position) than they were at the beginning, but that is all. It's a long time ago so its hard to remember exactly how she felt back then :? I've also noticed some of the transitions between different types of internal padding are a bit more obvious than they once were. I'm guessing some of her internal foam has deteriorated and lost a bit of springiness.
I do also have 2 other dolls now, so Emma is not subject to too much wear and tear these days.
Well, for certain, every time I came across dealings with Textile Doll, every time there was nothing but praise for the company and Yuri specifically. So far you have the oldest Textile Doll that I have come across as most I have talked with had their doll for up to two years. So it is a huge plus that you had your doll for that time and had not had any major breakages during normal use. So that is both kudos to him for making a good product and offering good service by getting back to you and helping you with an issue.

With me, I don't really plan to have my doll hold much, but I do have several outfits that have those large bell sleeves and naturally with sleeves like that you want the doll to be able to hold a pose. Just seeing that kind of sleeve just draping off a woman's arms makes my eyes wide. So THAT is important to me and if the arms can maintain a pose with those kinds of outfits, then I am good.

If you saw the thread on my Doll, you can see that style of outfit come up often:

download/file.php?id=367518&t=1

This particular top was very heavy in the sleeves and this was just before the shoulder joint failed on the left arm.

So later purchases, I tried to look for lighter sleeves like this outfit:

download/file.php?id=387332&t=1

That is a beautiful top. Sadly though here is where three of her joints were having issues already.

This is a very beautiful dress, I recently bought her and it is a butterfly sleeve:

download/file.php?id=675587&t=1

I like this dress for many reasons. It is just as nice as a bell sleeve dress, but doesn't put weight on the arms and also I just like the way it conforms around her breast and midsection.

I think your Emma would look nice in a dress like that too!

Yeah, I really got into this and I was very happy when I first received Eryka. But right the first week I had my first issue and that shouldn't be. I have a doll that is 2 years old and she already has 3 joint problems. I really shouldn't be seeing a problem for the first 5 years! Well, at least the Textile Doll seems to be holding up much better for people.

Have a good one!

Geo

svevo

Post by svevo »

Diaval wrote: With me, I don't really plan to have my doll hold much, but I do have several outfits that have those large bell sleeves and naturally with sleeves like that you want the doll to be able to hold a pose. Just seeing that kind of sleeve just draping off a woman's arms makes my eyes wide. So THAT is important to me and if the arms can maintain a pose with those kinds of outfits, then I am good.
Hi Diaval.

I had a look at those pictures and your thread again too. When you emphasised how important the limbs are to you and especially the ability to hold arms outstretched it made me wonder whether a TD would be right for you. Your questions have led me to check out and dress/photograph Emma for the first time in a while, so she's pleased that this all means she get some attention again :)

I think feeling the elbows again that what I thought might be a hinge is probably a bunch of zip ties. So I would work on the basis that all the joints are wire based.
For sure she can't hold her arms out unsupported like you have with Eryka in the picture above. I've also always tended to dress Emma in sleeved tops because her arms and shoulders aren't her best feature to my mind. I've taken a picture of her in a dress with sleeves a bit like yours, showing the only way you could have her arms outstretched, by having them rest on something. Without the bannister rail they would drop to her sides.
The leg wire joints are more than capable of supporting her standing.

She is a dream to stand even with heels, compared with my 40kg tpe doll without heels, which has been getting most of the photographic attention for the last 6 months :)

DoctorDuke
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DoctorDuke »

Emma is a beauty - lovely face. Thanks for sharing.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote: Hi Diaval.

I had a look at those pictures and your thread again too. When you emphasised how important the limbs are to you and especially the ability to hold arms outstretched it made me wonder whether a TD would be right for you. Your questions have led me to check out and dress/photograph Emma for the first time in a while, so she's pleased that this all means she get some attention again :)
Wow! That IS a nice outfit. I have to say on initial look, the Textile Doll has it over the Happy Dolls Dagmar, but from my research and own experience, overall the Dagmar was my preference and hence why I bought her. TD's plastic head with hard lips did make it as an initial deal killer for me. But looking at the dolls again now given that I have issues with the skeleton, the overall construction is superior on the Textile Doll.
I think feeling the elbows again that what I thought might be a hinge is probably a bunch of zip ties. So I would work on the basis that all the joints are wire based.
I was recently in contact with another fellow here and he managed to provide some pictures of the Textile Doll Skeleton:
Mr Franz wrote:No response from TD yet, but I did receive a PM with a link to a German site with some thumbnail pics of a TD skeleton.
TD_Skelly.jpg
Here's the link where they came from, but looks like you need to be a member to view them full size.
https://www.gummipuppen.de/forum/thread ... Doll/page3
So it appears the whole superstructure is wire with the lengths or 'bones' made more rigid by pvc pipes. An ungodly amount of wire ties is used to hold the whole thing together. While that skeleton might not appear fancy and in fact, look very home fashioned, the thing is, it holds up! Your doll is a testament to that as she's the oldest TD I have come across so far and no skeleton issues. In a way it is pure genius at what TD came up with to create a modestly priced doll and yet offer up good reliability. I like how there is extra treatments on the wires for the fingers and that would help with poke through issues.

So there you have it, that is what your Emma looks like inside.
For sure she can't hold her arms out unsupported like you have with Eryka in the picture above.
No, it would appear not. But she CAN stand.
I've also always tended to dress Emma in sleeved tops because her arms and shoulders aren't her best feature to my mind.
I agree. While I am right now on the fence about a TD purchase, I know right off the bat the whole upper body; breasts, shoulders, and arms I am not very impressed with. However, the lower body and legs do seem to be superior to the Eryka's. I can see that Textile Doll has made an attempt to better shape the legs and even create the look of kneecaps. Also given the fact that the doll can wear heels, just ups the lower body look drastically.

The thing with me is that the upper body is very important for the attraction factor and I mostly like sleeveless and crop tops. This is naturally an area where the Dagmar Doll shines.
I've taken a picture of her in a dress with sleeves a bit like yours, showing the only way you could have her arms outstretched, by having them rest on something. Without the bannister rail they would drop to her sides.
Yeah, my eyes DID get a bit wided eyed and these TD dolls definitely are worth a second look. That is definitely a nice dress.

As it is, I have to rest Eryka's left arm on something as that is the arm that has both joints bad. The right arm the elbow can still somewhat hold position, but not with that first top as that one the sleeves are heavy. However, the shoulder joint on that arm is still good.
The leg wire joints are more than capable of supporting her standing.
Yes, I see that and I am definitely happy that she can stand on her own when propped up against something. While I was initially put off by the look of the TD doll's feet, the look in heels is 100 times better.
She is a dream to stand even with heels, compared with my 40kg tpe doll without heels, which has been getting most of the photographic attention for the last 6 months :)
Well, given that I am 6'2" tall and the TD doll is 5"4" tall without heels, a 6" heel will make her 5'10" tall. That would definitely would make for some great cuddling standing up.

Speaking of which...what is your opinion on Emma's cuddle factor?

Finally, do you have a link to pictures of your other doll?

Thanks for taking pictures of Emma in that dress for me. I appreciate that.

REgards,

D

svevo

Post by svevo »

DoctorDuke wrote:Emma is a beauty - lovely face. Thanks for sharing.
Emma appreciates the complement DoctorDuke :)
Diaval wrote: Well, given that I am 6'2" tall and the TD doll is 5"4" tall without heels, a 6" heel will make her 5'10" tall.
You might want to double check with Yuri on the height situation, just to be sure.
I don't know how typical Emma is, but wearing the the 1.5inch heels in the picture, I just measured her standing against a wall and the result is 161.5cm. Possibly the TD measurements include the length of the foot like some tpe/silicone makers do, or maybe there are variations in construction. I've not seen others comment about the height not being the full 165cm and as I'm not so tall as you, her height was in the acceptable range for me.

Diaval wrote: Speaking of which...what is your opinion on Emma's cuddle factor?
She has the great advantage of all fabric dolls in being warm to the touch. I would expect the skin feeling to be very similar to the Dagmar doll in that it is a spandex like material. The legs and bottom have a depth of padding and density which makes for a nice level of resistance to squeezing. With the arms being quite thin and the padding quite soft you easily feel the underlying tube if you squeeze them. The upper torso is also quite soft to squeeze. I have a teddy babe deluxe too and the density of the stuffing of her for me gives a more realistic resistance to squeezing overall, however Emmas shoulders are much easier to rest your head against as they don't have the wooden disc at the surface design of the teddy babe.
Alot of people comment about the hard head, but that makes it quite realistic for me and I have no issue with it.

Diaval wrote: Finally, do you have a link to pictures of your other doll?
I did start a thread a while back on TDF for my tpe doll, which as a few of my early pictures of her. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&t=124051
Most of my forum activity is on UKLDF but the images there don't show until you join.
Diaval wrote: Thanks for taking pictures of Emma in that dress for me. I appreciate that.
You're welcome, I enjoyed taking them. The dress I actually bought for my teddy babe and Emmas' not been in it before. It's a UK size 10 which is way too big for her top half (I safety pinned if at the back for the photos, but it still looks a bit too big). I asked Yuri for an A-cup and her upper torso ended up very sleight overall, I think as a result. With dresses I usually look for a UK size 4 because of that, so it will fit her top half and something with stretch, to fit her hips which are about UK size 8. With tops/bottoms it is easier, as she can have a size 4 top and size 8 skirt/jeans etc.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote: You might want to double check with Yuri on the height situation, just to be sure.
I was going by the measurements on the initial post when the doll was first put up for sale, and that is 164cm. But I will know when I get her and measure her out. But I always can contact Yuri and find out for sure what the shoe size is.
I don't know how typical Emma is, but wearing the the 1.5inch heels in the picture, I just measured her standing against a wall and the result is 161.5cm. Possibly the TD measurements include the length of the foot like some tpe/silicone makers do, or maybe there are variations in construction. I've not seen others comment about the height not being the full 165cm and as I'm not so tall as you, her height was in the acceptable range for me.
Since the Textile Dolls are hand made, there are probably some variances in the finished product.
She has the great advantage of all fabric dolls in being warm to the touch. I would expect the skin feeling to be very similar to the Dagmar doll in that it is a spandex like material. The legs and bottom have a depth of padding and density which makes for a nice level of resistance to squeezing. With the arms being quite thin and the padding quite soft you easily feel the underlying tube if you squeeze them. The upper torso is also quite soft to squeeze. I have a teddy babe deluxe too and the density of the stuffing of her for me gives a more realistic resistance to squeezing overall, however Emmas shoulders are much easier to rest your head against as they don't have the wooden disc at the surface design of the teddy babe.
Alot of people comment about the hard head, but that makes it quite realistic for me and I have no issue with it.
So squeezing the torso feels a bit "squishy"? The Dagmar doll actually has some kind of 'structure' in the center and you can feel collarbones and the abdomen is very stiff too. You don't feel a ribcage though and that is one thing that is lacking. However, on the back, there are definitely shoulder blades and THAT was a nice touch.

From what I am seeing, comparing the legs on the Textile Doll to the Dagmar, I will say the Textile Doll wins it here. From the waist down the doll looks great. But from the waist up, the boobs don't look as natural and the overall neckline looks much nicer on the Dagmar doll.

I wanted to ask you if you have a sleeveless, or halter, or off shoulder top or dress that you could put Emma in. I am curious to see what her shoulders look like in such an outfit.

Well, in terms of overall looks, I have noticed that the newer heads do look much better than when I first came across Textile Doll. But many have mentioned that the kissing experience isn't that great. I guess I will have to see for myself once I get the doll.
I did start a thread a while back on TDF for my tpe doll, which as a few of my early pictures of her. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&t=124051
Most of my forum activity is on UKLDF but the images there don't show until you join.
Oh wow! She is a pretty one! No wonder she is getting the attention now.
Diaval wrote: Thanks for taking pictures of Emma in that dress for me. I appreciate that.
You're welcome, I enjoyed taking them. The dress I actually bought for my teddy babe and Emmas' not been in it before. It's a UK size 10 which is way too big for her top half (I safety pinned if at the back for the photos, but it still looks a bit too big). I asked Yuri for an A-cup and her upper torso ended up very sleight overall, I think as a result. With dresses I usually look for a UK size 4 because of that, so it will fit her top half and something with stretch, to fit her hips which are about UK size 8. With tops/bottoms it is easier, as she can have a size 4 top and size 8 skirt/jeans etc.
I usually prefer a smaller cup size myself. But this was a strange twist of events in which a fellow I was speaking to in PM's that had issues with his Dagmar doll, bought a Textile Doll that was on sale from the website. He had the doll shipped to him and then right away, found out the doll wasn't right for him. So within two days of getting the doll, he ends up putting it up for sale. Now I was looking into a Textile Doll myself, mainly a replacement body for my Dagmar doll. (Meaning I wanted to put the silicon head of my current doll on a Textile Doll body). But the costs just turned out to be a bit high by the tile the doll would be shipped to me. So naturally when I saw that the fellow I was speaking with put his doll up...a full complete doll for far less than the cost of a new one, my gears were turning. So after mulling on it for a while, I ended up buy the doll off of him! And the good thing is that the doll is already here in the United States, so I shouldn't have to wait too long for her to be shipped to me.

If your curious, this is her:

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=129699&hilit=textile+doll+linda

When I first saw her I was a bit shocked at the face. She looks MUCH nicer than some of the Textile Doll heads I have seen. Granted she's got some big boobs. A little too big for my tastes, but it is her BUTT and legs that had me sold. She has a VERY nice transition from her waist to her butt to her legs. The lower legs in particular are much nicer shaped than the Dagmar Doll. Also, there is no zipper running down the back another plus. However the downsides are the shape of the breasts and the neckline to shoulder area isn't as nice as on the Dagmar Doll. But overall, the doll does have a nice look on the backside. For me the back is important as one of my favorite positions (with my current doll) is standing doggy style where I am standing and the doll has her feet on the floor and is laying face down on the bed. So naturally a nice looking backside and legs is important for this position.

But the main thing is that because I want to take the burden of sex off my Dagmar doll. My reasoning is if I don't bend the legs and leave her in a standing position, then the hip and knee joints will not wear out. The Textile Doll is built much better in the skeleton area and the intention would be to use her more for bedroom activities. With two dolls, I could eventually look into fixing the arms on my Dagmar Doll. So for now, I am not using one to replace the other, but complement the other as I would use my Eryka mainly for photography purposes. Of course I will take pictures of Lynda too. Yes, I have decided to keep her name, but change the I to a Y.

I know I am going to have much fun going through Eryka's wardrobe and see what fits Lynda. But I want to get her a new dress too. That is why I was asking if you had something sleeveless for Emma to slip into. I wanted to see how her arms and shoulders look as it seems that area is going to be very similar. I know from that long sleeve dress you put on and the outfit that TD dolls had Lynda in, she will look good with those outfits. But I am not sure about sleeveless tops and dresses. Eryka looked great in these outfits. I do have some sleeved outfits though because of protection, especially when sleeping with her. So she does have some stretchy bodysuits and I believe Lynda will fit in those too. However, one of the more sexy looking outfits is a red dancer's top:

download/file.php?id=375572&mode=view

Because this top has full sleeves, I put pads on the shoulders to make her shoulders look broader. She looks great in that.

Anyway, I have to run. Nice chatting and if you do have a nice sleeveless outfit for Emma, I would like to see her in it.

D

svevo

Post by svevo »

Diaval wrote: Anyway, I have to run. Nice chatting and if you do have a nice sleeveless outfit for Emma, I would like to see her in it.
D
Congratulations Diaval on Lyndas imminent arrival! I look forward to seeing her in some outfits sometime in the future!

As far as shoe size goes Emma wears a UK size 4, which is equivalent to US size 6 I believe.

I have dug out an old picture I took in 2016 of Emma in a bardot style summer dress, which you might be interested in seeing:
P1000857-cropped.JPG
P1000857-cropped.JPG (397.25 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
And I took some pictures of her in lace underwear back in 2018, some of which are in the other thread, but this is one gives a good arms and shoulder view.
Obviously I worked hard to minimise creases and so on, but there is no picture editing.
I used black and white to try and overcome the fact the head/body colour isn't a perfect match in colour pictures.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote: Congratulations Diaval on Lyndas imminent arrival! I look forward to seeing her in some outfits sometime in the future!

As far as shoe size goes Emma wears a UK size 4, which is equivalent to US size 6 I believe.
Thank you. She is due to arrive next week about Wednesday. I have still been kicking the name around a bit. So far Lynda is the strongest name, but I have considered Lydia and Laura as well, with Lydia being a strong contender. As for the shoe size, can you measure out her feet for me? Yuri stated measured out the foot, but didn't give me a size. So if Emma's feet are the same dimensions, then I know she is a size 6 as well. BTW...you wouldn't happen to have high heel boots for her, huh?
I have dug out an old picture I took in 2016 of Emma in a bardot style summer dress, which you might be interested in seeing:
P1000857-cropped.JPG
Oh yeah, that is nice. Yeah, that's more like a swing dress. In the first pictures of Eryka on my thread here, she is wearing a swing dress as well. I wanted an off shoulder bardot style, but I was worried because she was not big enough in the top and the dress would slide down on her. I did eventually get her something off shoulder, but it was a VERY stretchy crop top and I also got her this amazing off shoulder bodysuit:

download/file.php?id=384178&t=1
download/file.php?id=384179&mode=view

That is perhaps one of the sexiest outfits I have ever seen. I bought it on sight! I had my reservations because it is black, but I did test it for staining and it passed. Also if you look carefully at Eryka's shoulders, you can see she has a full bodysuit on.

As for my new lady...naturally I am right now looking for dress for her. Since she is a uniform size medium, I am definitely looking for a bodycon or mermaid dress for her. So far this is what I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CX ... OH753&th=1

That one has an off-shoulder cape look...I really like it and it isn't expensive either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08935CF27/?c ... _lig_dp_it

That one looks awesome too.

https://www.amazon.com/Mismay-Vestido-c ... ef=sr_1_17

I am very wide eyed with that one. Very similar to Emma's dress above, it is an off shoulder swing dress with the arms fully in lace. However, it is a bit pricy at $42.

Now check out this one....

https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Mermaid ... ref=sr_1_9

THAT's breathtaking. My Dagmar could never fit into such an outfit, but the new doll will in a size 10. However, the price is VERY steep $90...and $14 shipping on top of it! OUCH!

For now I probably will get something shorter since I always prefer to have my doll in pantyhose. Not only for protection but also for visual purposes. What has helped me with these fabric dolls, since they don't have a real skin feel is the look and feel of shiny pantyhose. That is a major turn on for me. If you even noticed in my pictures of Eryka, she almost always has some kind of pantyhose, a bodysuit, or stretchy socks on her legs.

And I took some pictures of her in lace underwear back in 2018, some of which are in the other thread, but this is one gives a good arms and shoulder view.
Obviously I worked hard to minimise creases and so on, but there is no picture editing.
I used black and white to try and overcome the fact the head/body colour isn't a perfect match in colour pictures.
She does look nice in this area. I have noticed that the smaller breasted Textile Dolls do look more realistic. It also looks Emma has the form of a ribcage too. I have not noticed this on the later TD models.

Looking at the doll I am going to get:

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=129699&hilit=textile+doll+linda

The breasts are VERY round and come down very low. I do see a bit of a bump right under the breasts and also I see some bumps around the hips. So I am assuming that this is part of the support and perhaps could be features that make the body feel more realistic. The fellow that sold the doll to me sent me some more pictures, primarily of the back of the doll:

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=130596&hilit=textile+doll+linda

I don't see anything that suggests the presence of shoulder blades, but on some earlier Textile Dolls, they are clearly seen. But it could be too that this doll is very well "padded" that the features might be there, but just not seen.

Anyway, thank you for the information, you have been a great help! Earlier I managed to find a fellow here that bought a TD in 2014! From what I gathered, this is around the time of TD's inception. So I am curious if he still has the doll and what the condition is. If he tells me that the doll is fine with no issues then that proves the design. If the doll can hold up to regular use for 6 years with no issues, then really I can't ask for too much more then, especially at it's price point. Given that you had Emma for 3.5 years with no issues is already good.

But for me, having a problem in the first week of owning a new doll and then have two other issues show up in two months time? No, that is unacceptable.

One thing I do see over the years with TD is that the look of the face has improved and they fixed the "high eyebrow" problem. I think there is also stitched in 'hair' for the eyebrows now and they are not just painted on. Sadly though, the hard lips and face overall is still an issue, but I guess that is the way the medium is. A main draw to the TD dolls is the looks and having a nice realistic looking face certainly will get people to buy the dolls. But it was said many times already that the hard plastic face and practically unkissable nature is a big deterrent and what steered me away initially.

When I bought my Dagmar Doll, it was a new addition to the Happy Dolls line, and I didn't know they changed the skeleton over the 130cm Cadence model. While that model has issues too, the skeleton is better in terms of longevity. But almost everyone I talked to that bought a Happy Dolls Dagmar has had joint issues with it.

I just hope I have good luck with this doll.

Well, I am going to get back to Amazon and see what other pretty dresses I can find! If you could just let me know about Emma's foot dimensions, then that would give me a good idea of her shoe size.

Thank you,

D

svevo

Post by svevo »

Diaval wrote: As for my new lady...naturally I am right now looking for dress for her.
D
Some very nice dresses there. :thumbs_up:

Diaval wrote: If you could just let me know about Emma's foot dimensions, then that would give me a good idea of her shoe size.
D
I just measured her feet. From heel to toe she is 20cm. Her feet are 9cm at the widest point. So UK 4 is a little bigger than necessary in length, but the black court heels are a 4 and quite tight in the width. I also probably had to get that size because it's hard to find adult shoes any smaller in most regular outlets. She does have a pair of plimsolls that are UK size 3 and they also fit fine. No high heeled boots I'm afraid :) , the only boots she has are low heeled ankle boots also a UK 4.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote:
Diaval wrote: As for my new lady...naturally I am right now looking for dress for her.
D
Some very nice dresses there. :thumbs_up:

Thanks! Not to toot my own horn, but I think I can pick out a NICE dress for a lady :). Well, you have seen the way I dress Eryka :).

BTW, check THIS out:

ttps://www.amazon.com/MAYEVER-Beaded-Mermaid-E ... ef=sr_1_45

Pretty amazing looking, huh? I would say this one is worth the $40. It would make any "doll" real or artificial look like a goddess.

Diaval wrote: If you could just let me know about Emma's foot dimensions, then that would give me a good idea of her shoe size.
D
I just measured her feet. From heel to toe she is 20cm. Her feet are 9cm at the widest point. So UK 4 is a little bigger than necessary in length, but the black court heels are a 4 and quite tight in the width. I also probably had to get that size because it's hard to find adult shoes any smaller in most regular outlets. She does have a pair of plimsolls that are UK size 3 and they also fit fine. No high heeled boots I'm afraid :) , the only boots she has are low heeled ankle boots also a UK 4.
Hmmmm, the original post says she's 24cm. I think I am going to have to properly measure her out when I get her to get the exact size and then rummage through my local Salvation Army Thrift Store. Shoes can get VERY expensive and I think it is one thing I wouldn't buy new. Just anything that comes in direct contact with the doll's skin I would rather have new.

Thanks for the info!

D

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Well, my Textile Doll lady is due to arrive today! So I am anticipating her arrival. As of now I am between names on keeping her name of Linda, but changing the spelling to Lynda, and Lydia. So far Lynda is sticking, but I am liking the sound of Lydia more and more. So we will see. Come tomorrow (Friday), I have three new outfits coming especially for her. Ironically I didn't get a mermaid dress, but I did get a bodycon outfit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WN ... UTF8&psc=1

It is a two piece outfit and with pantyhose on, it will protect most of her body. In the same vein of good top coverage, I am also getting this outfit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0816 ... UTF8&psc=1

I LOVE the high cut legs on that outfit and it would certainly look good with pantyhose. The last outfit is a nice bell sleeve top:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084V ... UTF8&psc=1

It's very pretty and it conveniently has a nice tie belt. So that would cinch the waist in.

I know you are thinking why just plain white for all outfits? Well, these initial outfits I intend as a protective layer. I am very wary of clothing staining and even though it doesn't happen too much with fabric dolls, I have seen cases of it. White, or any lighter color like yellow, ivory light blue, and pink generally will not stain. Out of those three outfits, white was the only light option with the exception of the leotard. That was available in a bright yellow and I didn't like it. Another good thing about these outfits being white is I can layer them by putting something much darker on top. In the event there is a color transfer, I would just have to remove the lower garment and toss it in the wash.

In terms of staining, I do know that with a fabric doll, if you wash the questionable clothing item first and then only have it on the doll a short time, there shouldn't be a problem with darker clothing. Supposedly the worst colors are black, blue, purple and red. There is a test that one can do as well to check. I have found that most dark high quality pantyhose is fine. But I do like a tan colored pantyhose as that gives a fabric doll's legs some color.

Anyway, I just figured I would give you a heads up and that my new fabric princess is on her way!

INFORMATIONS