www.ordoll.com

TPE Smell

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
coolumbia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TPE Smell

Post by coolumbia »

Washing the blanket will also help.

sture
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by sture »

ORdoll wrote:We sorry hear of smell problem. One cause when very new is wrap in plastic bag in travelling box as this contain all vapour of smell. Once she out of plastic wrap, surround by blanket or open to air, smell go away more.

We sorry about this but wrap in plastic bag give better protection for long journey.

Best regards,

Joyce
Yes...the plastic bag is of course part of the problem. Perhaps you should consider using diffusion-open plastic instead.
This is directed to all the Jinsan!

Click to go to my Doll Album

I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

dolls to the wall

Post by dolls to the wall »

ORdoll wrote:We sorry hear of smell problem. One cause when very new is wrap in plastic bag in travelling box as this contain all vapour of smell. Once she out of plastic wrap, surround by blanket or open to air, smell go away more.

We sorry about this but wrap in plastic bag give better protection for long journey.

Best regards,

Joyce
Sorry about the thread revival, but a couple of things.

1: I don't own an OR doll but how awesome of them to not only apologize, but to also offer a legitimate explanation for the smell.

2: My new doll came from the JinSan factory, and she smells Super strong. I actually hypothesized that it might be due to her sitting in the sealed plastic wrap (which I'm glad is there). What is really interesting to me is that the OP stated that his doll's head smelled significantly stronger than his dolls body, which is currently my exact same experience. I do wonder if it's because the heads are shipped in the cloth type bag.

I actually washed her a few times (about 4) and then I skipped the oil (since the smell was coming from the oil that was already in the doll). After that I powdered her. I decided to have her laying in the bed while I slept that same night, and the smell was so string that I ended up waking up around 2am because I started to feel sick. I also noticed that not only was her smooth feel from her powdering gone, but there was already a stain on my (white) sheets in the shape of her body. She must be SUPER saturated with oil from the factory.

Also, I noticed that when the doll was being shipped she went through some VERY different climates. At one point she was in Alaska, and then at another point, she was in the deep south! I do wonder if the quick climate changes play a factor.
I decided to try something on her insert. I washed it a few times, then powdered it like I did her whole body. This reduced the smell a fair amount. Then I washed off the powder, and applied some oil in a small area, and the smell not only returned, but it returned with a vengeance! It was actually STRONGER than before it had ever been washed! This is the same insert that came with my doll from the factory.
The moral of the story here? I suppose it's not to oil your doll too soon after she arrives, just wash her for a while. I know that many people recommend this exact course of action, but I just wanted to provide my findings just in case someone out there might find them useful one day.

Also, I washed her using Soft Soap (in a low concentration) mixed with water. I do wonder however, if a dish soap would work better. I say this because Soft Soap is often marketed to not strip your hands of their oils and dry them out. Meaning that it likely won't be getting the stinky oil out of anyone's doll very effectively either. Dish soap on the other hand is designed to remove tough oils. Heck...after I picked her up yesterday, and moved her around I got my hands oily. I washed my hands with Soft Soap, and the TPE oil was still on my hands (no shock there). But then I moved her again today, and got more TPE oil on my hands. This time I washed my hands with Dawn, and all of the oil was gone in one short wash (even a little drier than normal baseline).

All of this is to say that I'll be trying out Dawn on my doll's insert, and I'll report my findings. In the mean time, I would also really value other people's input to see if anyone else uses dish soap, or if there are dangers to using it.

Sorry for typing out a whole book!
My little fireball, evɘ:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Body: YL165, Head: WM#15

dolls to the wall

Oh, and another side thought. Has anyone tried to remove the initial factory TPE oils using a shammy? I know that they are super absorbent and will likely draw out the factory oils. This seems like it would be okay if the oils get replaced with less smelly baby oil no?
My little fireball, evɘ:

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Oily and smelly Dolls I thought was for the most part a thing of the past, In my opinion there is not much you can do or should do, the smell will go away with time, and the oiliness will subside on its own, the head might smell more than the body because there might be a fiberglass core in the center that needs to dry out, all these smells and stuff will go away with time, may be a few months may be longer, also you want your doll oily to a certain extent, the opposite is a dried out TPE doll and that is no good...

dolls to the wall

Dollfriend wrote:Oily and smelly Dolls I thought was for the most part a thing of the past, In my opinion there is not much you can do or should do, the smell will go away with time, and the oiliness will subside on its own, the head might smell more than the body because there might be a fiberglass core in the center that needs to dry out, all these smells and stuff will go away with time, may be a few months may be longer, also you want your doll oily to a certain extent, the opposite is a dried out TPE doll and that is no good...
Nope, still an issue lol

Interesting thoughts! I'm not sure that the fiberglass in the head is the cause because the insert smells equally as bad, and the cloth bag that they both come in seems to be the common denominator. Also, I don't want her to be dry, I just want to replace the bad smelling factory oil, with better smelling baby oil. :D

It's not so much the overall total oil that I'm trying to reduce. I'm simply trying to reduce the bad smell that comes with the oil that specifically comes from the factory.
My little fireball, evɘ:

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

I’m someone that HATES the smell of TPE. Thankfully the scent has gone away on my dolls. It’s day 3 with an **REMOVED** doll and she’s smelling much less now.

-S
Last edited by Arthur1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 12, no competing brands

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

My OR156 Sara, the original 156 STUNK, she was not in a plastic bag.

She caused my whole apt to stink. even after multiple washings and powdering, the stench persisted.
I even had a fan turned on her an the widows open. Even then it was close to 2 months before we could cuddle.

I still have her and we cuddle 2 or 3 times a day. Being so heavy Sara spends most of her time in bed next to me.

dolls to the wall

stacy718 wrote:I’m someone that HATES the smell of TPE. Thankfully the scent has gone away on my dolls. It’s day 3 with an doll and she’s smelling much less now.

-S
I hate the smell too! Also, Update!

So I washed her head with the Dawn soap once, then I over powdered her head (on purpose). I waited about 12 hours, at which point you could see that the over powdering absorbed quite a bit of the factor oils and then washed her head twice with the Dawn soap, and BAM! Only the upper most part of her head still has the odor, the rest of her head has literally no scent. (basically over night). The part of her head that still has the smell is about half as strong.

Before I did this particular wash powder combo, her (WM) head smelled so strongly that I couldn't actually touch my nose to her head to smell her because it made my nose burn. Heck, even my dog was sneezing! haha But we should be all good now. So if anyone else has this smelly head issue (sounds more gross than it is, I know...) you may want to try this.

Things you'll need:
-1 spray bottle (got one from the dollar store)
-Dawn (got it from the dollar store)
-3 small Microfiber cloths (got a 4 pack from the same dollar store)
-Small fan (I already had one)
-Large makeup brush (got it from the same dollar store)
-Corn starch Baby powder (got it from the same dollar store)

Step 1: Mix about 1 t spoon of dawn and 16 oz of water in the spray bottle.

Step 2: Wash her head once with this mixture.
-Spray her head all over, while carefully avoiding her makeup and lashes (unless you want to remove it).
-Gently rub the soapy mixture in with you fingers (Careful in those make up areas!)
-Wipe the soapy mixture off with microfiber cloth #1.
-Spray her head with warm water only to rinse her head off.
-Wipe her head dry with microfiber cloth #2

Step 3: Powder her head abundantly (there will be small clumps all over her head from this, but it's okay).

Step 4: Let her head sit over powdered over night (roughly 12 hours) preferably in a well ventilated area with a fan on her head.

Step 5: Repeat Step 2 (two more times, for a grand total of 3 washings)

Step 6: Powder her head normally.

Step 7: Wipe the excess powder off with microfiber #3.

Step 8: Have a beer (this step optional :) )

I also used some cotton pads that I got from the dollar store to dab her head all over before I did the steps above. I'm not sure if it helped or not, but the smell definitely transferred over to the cotton pads (quite a bit actually). So that may have gotten some of the bad smelling oil out also.

I know that different manufactures use different TPE, and different people receive dolls of different levels of odor, etc. As a result, this method may not be for everyone but maybe someone else will find themselves in the same situation as me, in which case, I hope this helps!
My little fireball, evɘ:

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Odor and off-gassing was a huge concern for me. Would keep me awake at night as I wondered what I would do if this was to be. However, my just received new **REMOVED** arrived and to my surprise, Nothing. No TPE smell. No off-gassing. The doll was clean and Not sticky in any way. Not before or after washing her. Eric states this as fact on their site and I can attest, this is the Truth.

So, what is the cause ? If one manufacturer can create a doll that doesn't offend, that has a smooth clean non sticky skin out of the box, what are they doing, using that others are not ??

BTW, this **REMOVED** is practically flawless and my first TPE doll. I don't know that because of what I read within this forum that I would take a chance with another manufacturer and their TPE formula. Luckily, I am 100% please and satisfied with **REMOVED**, the transaction and attention given to me during the ordering process and the final product. Just so happens that the doll I have my eye on next is a **REMOVED**)
Last edited by Arthur1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

dolls to the wall

@siliconelover: I'm with you 100% on **REMOVED**! My doll's body is from **REMOVED**. Body is bangin'! Her head is from **REMOVED** and they do have the same smell, but the **REMOVED** body came with the smell hardly noticeable at all, and the **REMOVED** head came in with the smell VERY noticeable lol (to say the least).

I'm not sure what exactly they do differently, but the smell does seem to be coming from the oil. I'm also assuming that **REMOVED** made the insert, which did have the strong odor as well until I treated it.
As far as I can tell the thing that the head and the insert surely have in common is that they both shipped in the cloth type bags. Maybe the oil is just being saturated in the cloth storage bags, and the oil (and thus the smell) just transfers from the TPE, to the bag, and back again.
I also noticed that the plastic bag that her body came in had a lot of oil in it, but it did not reenter the TPE, it was all on the bag instead.

Just a guess. :?:
Not sure why!

Congratulations on your new lady! :D
Last edited by Arthur1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My little fireball, evɘ:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Dawn was used to clean birds after the oil tragedy.

doll-lover123

Post by doll-lover123 »

I just bought my first tpe doll a little over a month ago, is it safe to give oral sex and suck her breasts or is tpe toxic? which would be very dissapointing if I couldn't put my mouth or tongue in or on her

koaltrane

Post by koaltrane »

As much as I dislike the smell of TPE, I hate the smell of baby oil even more. Even a small amount has an odor that lingers seemingly forever. Bathing and powdering the doll (I use plain cornstarch) seems to have helped temper the smells more than anything for me.

doll-lover123

Re: TPE paint

Post by doll-lover123 »

My doll I just got has a tan complexion is there a way I can lighten the breasts and hips , I know lip gloss can be used on the areolas could it also be used on the breasts and hips or is there a non toxic paint I can apply ?

INFORMATIONS