www.ordoll.com

Bouncy wire fingers?

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
Jubjub
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Bouncy wire fingers?

Post by Jubjub »

Hello, I was looking at the 156cm D cup model, and there is a video on youtube that shows her being re-positioned. In the video the hands of the doll are bouncing as if they had springs in them?

As a doll newbie, can you tell me if this is typical of all dolls? Or is this something on the OR models?

Also, the hands looked so springy that it did not look like she could hold anything?

I assume the same hands are used on the 156cm G model as well?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Bouncy wire fingers?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, this is a topic that gets many doll owners quite heated! You will see the 'finger issue' coming up a lot on the forum, basically the fingers on most tpe dolls are the weakest part of their design and the part most likely to get broken first unless you take certain precautions. Now I do believe that the Jinsan factory where the WM/YL and OR dolls are made have been trying to improve things a little as this year most dolls are being shipped with thicker finger wires, certainly my last 2 gals, a YL155D and a WM145D both have stiffer, thicker finger wires that feel more robust and are certainly not floppy at all. Last year the wires were thinner and the finger was stiffened by a copper wire that was inside a spring like piece of wire that was cemented into the palm plate, my YL148 has this arrangement and her fingers can flop a bit when I move her arms and I dare say that the doll in the video you saw had this particular arrangement. From what I can tell my last 2 gals have thicker wires that are cemented straight into the palm plate and so they do not flop about however if the finger were to break at the point where the wire goes into the palm plate then it would be floppy. Now here's the rub because although the newer fingers are stiffer, if you accidentally catch your gals hand in a doorway when moving her you are likely to break a finger. To put this into perspective, I have 4 tpe gals, 1 has the older design fingers with thinner wire pushed into springs, they sometimes become dislocated but I can push them back in and they will hold a pose (but not a mug!) The other gals have thicker wire straight into the palm plate, just one of them has a broken finger wire, my OR156H but it doesn't show and I only noticed the other day and can't remember doing it. Ideally the dolls would have articulated finger joints but I suspect this is a tricky thing to do because of the tpe manufacturing process?

INFORMATIONS