www.yourdoll.com

Finding nice dresses for below size 0 dolls (4'10" to 5'0")

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Finding nice dresses for below size 0 dolls (4'10" to 5'0")

Post by Diaval »

Hello all,

I am quite the newbie here on TDF and I am sure there are similar topics in regards to buying clothes for a doll. So far I have narrowed my selection down to a Z-Onedoll 160cm b/cup doll and a 6YE 150cm b/cup doll. While the ZO doll seems to fall nicely into an average of a size 2 or small, the other doll, at 4'11" tall falls under the measurements of a size 0 or XS.

This is the body of the doll:

https://s3.sexysexdoll.com/wp-content/u ... -cover.jpg

With a bust of only 27", not much fits her on the top end...even XS sizes. For example, I like this style of dress here:

https://www.amazon.com/Nicefashion-Shou ... ess+petite

The size chart shows a size XS (0) has these figures: 32 Bust, 24 Waist , 34.5 hips

The doll is 27, 20.5, 29.9

I have done this with several dresses on Amazon and nothing matches up:

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Halter-Br ... wing+dress

Same dimensions as the dress above. So this poses a problem with going with standard sized clothing. I hate to have to go to a special store and pay extra to get the size for that doll...Also I am not one for doing my own alterations. (Not at that level yet).

So I am curious as to where one goes to get clothing for a petite sized doll like this. I do understand that in real life there ARE women that are 4'11" tall and thus I figured I wouldn't have an issue with finding clothing for a doll of this size, however, with most dolls they do make the bodies thin and narrow, thus cutting down on the weight.

If I can't find something readily available in the styles I like, then I believe my choice would be clear to go with the larger doll that can fit into these clothes.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Diaval

Jiyeon Lee
Doll
Doll

Re: Finding nice dresses for below size 0 dolls (4'10" to 5

Post by Jiyeon Lee »

I am about the same size and my guy gets most of my clothes from poshmark, its mostly a site where women sell old clothes they dont want anymore some really expensive and most are not. I wear mostly XS (petite) and find all kinds of things i make him buy me :P

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I've done most of my shopping at Swap.com.
Name-brand clothing, at Walmart/thriftstore prices.
Women's xxs, 00. Juniors 00. Some children's clothing that passes for adult clothing as well. Use their search filters, and just keep scrolling...

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

Also, don't be too afraid of a little alteration. A couple stiches here and there, plus some well placed velcro, hooks, or snaps will work wonders. Doesn't have to be perfect, and you'll get better over time.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

The Romantic wrote:Also, don't be too afraid of a little alteration. A couple stiches here and there, plus some well placed velcro, hooks, or snaps will work wonders. Doesn't have to be perfect, and you'll get better over time.
I used to know how to use a sewing machine many moons ago. But it was sold off. I don't know how to do stitching by hand. I think in the beginning, I would rather get clothes that fit.
Jiyeon wrote:I am about the same size and my guy gets most of my clothes from poshmark, its mostly a site where women sell old clothes they dont want anymore some really expensive and most are not. I wear mostly XS (petite) and find all kinds of things i make him buy me :P
I am mostly looking for inexpensive items as I am not really taking my future plastic princess out. However, I don't mind getting her 'dolled up' for a nice romantic dinner together. I am into elegant, but sexy outfits such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/Miss-Chics-Rhine ... rmaid&th=1

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FTP6OS2?psc=1

Many of these dresses stop at a size 2, but some go to 0 and even that is still to large.
lilbitlonely wrote:I've done most of my shopping at Swap.com.
Name-brand clothing, at Walmart/thriftstore prices.
Women's xxs, 00. Juniors 00. Some children's clothing that passes for adult clothing as well. Use their search filters, and just keep scrolling...
Thank you for the link, I will check that out later. I have not come across 00 or XX small sizes as of yet. I did check out some children's sizes and I was amazed at what I found:

https://www.amazon.com/Mulanbridal-Halt ... ding+dress

I initially didn't find much in terms of what I posted above, as obviously a child's outfit wouldn't be overly sexy...but I got some interesting results when I searched 'child's dancing dress':

https://www.amazon.com/Muxika-Belly-Hal ... cing+dress

8O I swear my jaw just hit the desk. I am in bit of a shock that they make stuff like this for small girls. In fact these are too small for the doll I picked out, BUT someone might find this useful as they do make dolls 130cm tall.

Here is another one:

https://www.amazon.com/Jlong-Sleeveless ... cing+dress

This one has a size that would fit.

https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Cherry-Spa ... oding=UTF8

So does this:

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Soomthy-B ... cing+dress

Wow! So it looks like searching for girl's dancing dresses would yield similar results to the prom dresses / evening gowns for adult sizes.

Well, it certainly looks like there is stuff out there.

Thank you for the information guys!

Diaval

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Try size 0 in petite that will help in the height department.

I might petite only goes down to a certain height but I have a few dresses that fit my DS 145+ of course the boobs help them come up a bit highter lol
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Diaval I've found very few XX-Small clothing items. The one brand that does make a XX-Small is "Motel" which i get from the website for "Dolls Kill"

https://www.dollskill.com/shop/motel.ht ... thing.html

Not all of their stuff is in XX-Small but some is. Note that I live with two Boy Toy's (a BT3 & a BT5) which are 4'10", the BT5 has a slightly larger hip and some of the XX-Small are too tight for her hips, but will fit the BT3 body.

Good luck
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

But there's no way to see exact measurements of clothes there. How do you know what to purchase? The XS/S/M/L is not enough, especially when buying for a short doll.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Jiyeon Lee
Doll
Doll

Post by Jiyeon Lee »

Diaval only thing to watch out for when purchasing cheaper clothing is some companies used low grade dyes that have a nasty habit of staining the silicon, mosty the reason i buy most expensive clothing is to prevent any damage that may result from that.

Jiyeon Lee
Doll
Doll

Post by Jiyeon Lee »

Diaval only thing to watch out for when purchasing cheaper clothing is some companies used low grade dyes that have a nasty habit of staining the silicon, mosty the reason i buy most expensive clothing is to prevent any damage that may result from that.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

dullahan wrote:
But there's no way to see exact measurements of clothes there. How do you know what to purchase? The XS/S/M/L is not enough, especially when buying for a short doll.
Once you know your doll's clothing size(s), the S, M, L, etc are fairly standard for most US clothing. (You are not dealing with Chinese sizes on Swap.)

When looking for pants, I will use their search function to find my own doll's inseam length (i.e. 28" inseam) then use the filters to narrow the results. (I have not tried this for sleeve lengths though.)

As someone else mentioned (above) sizes that have a 'P' in them are for petite women (shorter women). they will have the same bust-waist-hip measurements as their counterparts, but are cut for shorter people.

I hope that helps.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:Try size 0 in petite that will help in the height department.

I might petite only goes down to a certain height but I have a few dresses that fit my DS 145+ of course the boobs help them come up a bit highter lol
Depending on the cut, size 0 is also too small. In my case, I like smaller breasts so that compounds the problem. However, I think XXS or 00 sizes would work.
0osik wrote:Diaval I've found very few XX-Small clothing items. The one brand that does make a XX-Small is "Motel" which i get from the website for "Dolls Kill"

https://www.dollskill.com/shop/motel.ht ... thing.html

Not all of their stuff is in XX-Small but some is. Note that I live with two Boy Toy's (a BT3 & a BT5) which are 4'10", the BT5 has a slightly larger hip and some of the XX-Small are too tight for her hips, but will fit the BT3 body.

Good luck
I took a quick peek and right off the bat I noticed the prices...a bit on the high side. Also they were not specific in giving dimensions...just the size. The 4'11" doll I was looking at isn't busty, nor has a large butt so I believe she would fall into the XXS category. Also 11 to 12 year old child's clothing also fits. Child dancing dresses certainly are a solution as many of those dresses are VERY sexy...even though they are made for kids, they are very adult looking.
dullahan wrote:
Yes, I found this out the hard way as well. I was looking and looking. Even on Amazon...while they do provide a sizing chart, it is NOT accurate. Luckily dress manufacturers post a separate size table that reflects the true size of the outfit.

As you said, with Swap.com, I was greeted with the S/M/L for the size of a particular item.

So far, it seems like the companies that make dancing dresses for girls seem to provide a lot of good information in regards to the dimensions of their clothing. Sadly though, some of these dresses are also upwards of $50.
Jiyeon wrote:Diaval only thing to watch out for when purchasing cheaper clothing is some companies used low grade dyes that have a nasty habit of staining the silicon, mosty the reason i buy most expensive clothing is to prevent any damage that may result from that.
I was already made aware of this and sadly I DO like darker clothing on a light skinned woman. I do see your point, but as it is, I am thinking I would be hitting the local thrift store and that clothing is usually well used and washed. However, I don't think I would find much in terms of the very small sizes in question.

It is all pointing that I should go with a larger (albeit more heavier) doll.

I think the saving grace would be if I could find a second hand store or thrift store that deals mainly with dancing outfits. Since most kids only wear an outfit like that for a season and most likely grow out of it by the next season, I could see many very lightly used outfits that would fit the bill for a fraction of the cost.

I just have to see if such a place exists.
lilbitlonely wrote:
dullahan wrote:
Once you know your doll's clothing size(s), the S, M, L, etc are fairly standard for most US clothing. (You are not dealing with Chinese sizes on Swap.)

When looking for pants, I will use their search function to find my own doll's inseam length (i.e. 28" inseam) then use the filters to narrow the results. (I have not tried this for sleeve lengths though.)

As someone else mentioned (above) sizes that have a 'P' in them are for petite women (shorter women). they will have the same bust-waist-hip measurements as their counterparts, but are cut for shorter people.

I hope that helps.
I don't think I would be looking for pants too much...shorts yes. More than likely I would be dressing the doll in something that shows the legs off, or pantyhose. Howevever, I would like to to dress her in long evening gowns too and that is where the length comes into play. I believe long dresses use an inseam too...so that 'P' designation would certainly help.

I find one of the easiest selections for clothing are swing dresses. These are usually short and they give a bust and waist measurement. Due to the design of the dress, the hips cause it to flare out. So hippier frames will make the dress flare out more. It is a very flexible design and the style works on a wide variety of body styles:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/86/c8/50/86c8 ... g-gown.jpg

I know it is a wedding dress, but it is a swing dress style. One nice thing about white dresses though...they will not stain the skin on a doll! I like this style too as it has the Queen Anne neckline.

Thank you everyone for the info!

Diaval

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Yeah most of the other items I have to get for my DS is girls size 4/5 or 6/7 but girls dresses I'm not sure about maybe 11-12.

I think $50 is not bad fro a dress if it's high quality, sometimes you get what you pay for.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

TPEsnack
Ex-Member

Post by TPEsnack »

Jiyeon wrote:Diaval only thing to watch out for when purchasing cheaper clothing is some companies used low grade dyes that have a nasty habit of staining the silicon, mosty the reason i buy most expensive clothing is to prevent any damage that may result from that.
Thank you for this practical warning.

I suspect that secondhand clothes are less likely to have this problem (having been washed multiple times). I have noticed 2nd hand dolls with some outrageously ugly dye stains. So this is where it comes from!

I figure a fun way of giving a finger to the man and laughing all the way to the bank would be for someone somewhere to start a clothing design, manufacture and online retail sales company that caters to this market niche, including fetish and lingerie for Junior Miss. Sizes only of course. I am sure the market and even the law allows for it in many places. *Just* a matter of will and money.
If masturbation is a crime against humanity, then at least half the world are gangsters.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Diaval wrote:As you said, with Swap.com, I was greeted with the S/M/L for the size of a particular item.
At Swap, you can use their filters so that you only see women's size xxs/00 (or any other size).
Attached image: 3 steps separated by green bars - note the mouse locations.
You can also use this method to search for specific children's clothing sizes.

Diaval wrote:Depending on the cut, size 0 is also too small. In my case, I like smaller breasts so that compounds the problem. However, I think XXS or 00 sizes would work.
Judging by your doll's measurements, a size xs/0 would actually be too large for your doll. Size xxs/00 is smaller, but might still be a bit baggy on your doll.
My doll's measurements are 30-22-32 and size xxs fits her like a glove. (Size xs is more comfortable for her to wear.)
According to this (http://www.sizeguide.net/size-guide-chi ... chart.html) your doll should be about a children's size 8-10.

Here is a search I just filtered for children's sizes 8, 9, and 10 dresses/skirts. If you scroll down a bit, there are some decent outfits that would pass for adult style clothing.
https://www.swap.com/shop/kids-apparel/ ... 0%22%5D%7D

INFORMATIONS