www.yourdoll.com

Of Clothing colors and staining to Lace abrasions

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
SeniorDollLover

Of Clothing colors and staining to Lace abrasions

Post by SeniorDollLover »

I understand the caution needed in avoiding dark colors for extended times for TPE dolls, which even extends to tags. However Even the white bra and panty sets I see often have trim that is different colors. Or the straps may have color. I'm wondering, especially as a newbie, whether for the time being I should just stick with "white is right"?

I love lingerie and want to include Bra, panty, garter and hose in our sessions, but I read that lace can be an abrasion issue, although hose is a benefit to keep toes and skin safer than nude. So it got me thinking on the abrasion and indentation issues and how long any clothing, especially closely fitting like bras, panties and garters, yoga pants, workout tops can stay on a doll.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Of Clothing colors and staining to Lace abrasions

Post by samara78 »

Pastel or pale colors pre washed are fine. Generally avoid colored lace, or leaving things too tight on dolly. Stockings with silicone retaining bands inside will damage your doll so be careful
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Of Clothing colors and staining to Lace abrasions

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

This has been covered a couple times;

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... lit=Fabric

There aren't many wholesale no-no's, however there are precautions and things that are ok for limited duration.

PreWash and then wash again everything that will come into contact with your gurl. Use mesh lingerie bags to help keep things together in washing machines. Hand washing with woolite is great for color locking and testing for color bleed. Especially do this for blacks, blues, and red colored clothing and lingerie.

Watch out for rough and scratchy items. If they don't feel smooth to your skin they may risk scratching your girls delicate skin. Lace is very pretty but extremely rough on skin and your doll. Consider using an under-layer with a sheer body-stocking, pantyhose or thigh-highs to protect body parts from lace lingerie, rough textured and colored items. Silky nylons are also great for a skin barrier to protect from bumps, moving, clothes staining and makes dressings easier and generally feels great all around.

White, neutral or skin colors, made with cotton, satin or soft mixed synthetic fabric blends are ok to be left on a doll for several hours. Do not keep dark or bright colors on them for long unless you are 100% sure bleed will not occur. Also watch out for cashmere or other fuzzy lint prone clothes as they will transfer lint and fabric fibers easily to your doll.

So wash, rinse and repeat. Try to keep to soft, smooth or silky materials. If the clothing feels soft & smooth to your skin, it should be good for the gurl. Limit their wearing time for colorful items.
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

INFORMATIONS