It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy | By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with our Rules Of Conduct, Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy.

Additional Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]  
Search for:

Post subject: Affiliate programs of vendors/manufacturers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:14 pm 
Staff
Staff

It’s come to our attention, that a few sellers on TDF have started affiliate programs, in which customers who draw traffic to the site of the seller, get rewarded.

Please understand, that TDF does not allow members to make posts with the sole purpose of drawing traffic to another site. Also, please note, members are not allowed to use The Doll Forum for commercial purposes. We have a zero-tolerance regarding spam. See Rule 7 of the Rules of Conduct.

Therefore, we cannot allow members that join such an affiliate program, to post URL links, which include an affiliate tag. This is considered spam.

We like our members to post sincere reviews, we do allow enthusiastic posts (and substantiated criticism) regarding a manufacturer or vendor. However, we will not allow posts that have the sole purpose of profiting. Only manufacturers and vendors and their representatives that were granted an affiliate rank at TDF, can post commercial messages.

Thank you for understanding.

MSNM/WLM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Affiliate programs of vendors/manufacturers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Location: Ft. Worth, TX with my Juggalette crew and fellow P1 Meso and his ladies
This is wrong. You want people to use your vendors. However, you don't want customers to recommend vendors to members. Is this what I am getting?

And why? This forum has gone down the drain lately. Too many rules enforced arbitrarily, and discretionary, posts deleted and members not informed of the infraction.

It's time for TDF staff to retire and get some new faces.

Until then, this is KI5AUE signing off until this ridiculous rule is reconsidered.

Founding Juggalette of AlexaTilbrook.org Linux Juggalette Entertainment Development, at alexatilbrook.org, and Technician class amateur radio operator, call sign KI5JYD.

My Lettes:

♥ Daphne Catherine Holland - JY Dolls 140cm, head 32
♥ Elisabeth Rachael Snow - Doll Sweet EX Lite
♥ Jessica Daphne Bentley - AMT-Mannequins SP-25 plus-size plastic mannequin
♥ Megan Danielle Irving - FDW MK-175 plastic mannequin

CoCo Cat says...
Drugs are NOT User-friendly!
Get addicted to DOLLS (and Amateur Radio), not drugs!
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:48 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

So when someone posts looking for help, and someone wants to tell them how great their experience was with "vendor x" they can say who but not post a link? Seems a bit off to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:50 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

If I understand this correctly you can still recommend a vendor and even post a link to their website.
You CANNOT post URL links, which include an affiliate tag.
Those are links that look like http://sexdollvendor.com/s809fjnk3
The 's809fjnk3' in that url is a tag that tells the website that YOU referred the user to the website, usually for the purpose of $$$ rewarding the poster.

I personally haven't seen this activity, and I'm not against banning the practice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

I agree with Forb. The op specifically says we ARE ALLOWED to give enthusiastic if honest reviews of vendors and manufacturers. I have and will continue to do so for my beloved jm doll. We just are not allowed to post affiliate tagged url which would make it a paid endorsement. I don't see a problem. Indeed I thank the administration for making sure the forum remains a site of honest reviews, not paid endorsements.

"Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." -Pink Floyd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:26 am 
Doll Forum Site Manager
Doll Forum Site Manager

Everybody is allowed to endorse a manufacturer or vendor, to write a review, both positive or with some (supported) criticism. Also links to manufacturers and vendors are allowed as long as this is not spam (see Rule 7).

We want reviews and endorsements to be honest. So we don't allow them if their single purpose is to get a reward from the seller.
This is recognized by links that include an affiliate tag, a little tag in the URL so the website knows which affiliate posted the link. For instance something like:
https://dollvendor.com/index.php?aff=123

Like autolycus said, we want honest reviews, not paid endorsements.

Image Image Image Image
My CoverDoll blog: Grid Girls
 AIM Send private message  

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]